PDA

View Full Version : Gangsta box, fail or not

EatitNerd
04-14-2021, 04:37 PM
Do we think a “pvp” box ran by gangsta and his “crew” will fail or not? Simple question. Replies can be why you think it will or will not be successful.

Baler
04-14-2021, 05:19 PM
Is this some kind of mafia game?

EatitNerd
04-14-2021, 05:33 PM
It’s a teams pvp server popping up that’s ran by Gangsta, currently in Beta.

starkind
04-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Starkind wants Norrath to flourish throughout the multiverses but is very skeptical this new box & the true motivation behind it.

Gustoo
04-15-2021, 12:03 AM
I don't know who Gangsta is. Doesn't sound trustworthy.

It would be a miracle if it was successful.

Does it use classic sullon teams or are they custom for balance? Classic sullon team balance was terrible.

EatitNerd
04-15-2021, 12:30 AM
Classic teams, not balanced, I definitely don’t have much faith in the project. Just imagining 40 nerds on 3 different teams trying to stick it out in case it gets big in the future but unable to kill naggy without crossteaming with the whole server lol

EatitNerd
04-15-2021, 12:31 AM
Also you’re right, Gangsta not a trustworthy nor dependable individual, another downfall in my eyes.

Snortles Chortles
04-15-2021, 10:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vx5M4Je.jpg

silo32
04-25-2021, 02:44 PM
Ummm agatha... If you remember correctly Gangsta was a halfling rogue... Played by a 8 or 9 year old boy... So today he's prob 13-15. He was also super autistic. Big no from me dog. All my pixels are secure on red99 to pass down to my grand children.

silo32
04-25-2021, 02:48 PM
His crew considered of his older cousin and some class mattress. All were shit in pvp. This idea is on the same level as kbtrader, exed, jeremy, or any of our other swarthy red players running a box.

starkind
04-25-2021, 04:24 PM
Kids gotta get public relations experience somewhere. Some thing 2 put on resume for that cashier jerb.

EatitNerd
04-25-2021, 05:22 PM
His crew considered of his older cousin and some class mattress. All were shit in pvp. This idea is on the same level as kbtrader, exed, jeremy, or any of our other swarthy red players running a box.

Lmao true, same with renly and burt (aka skeeter)

totmanc
04-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Ragnaros and I are playing so it must be good

EatitNerd
04-26-2021, 11:16 PM
You’ll both stop within a week of launch, that I’m certain of.

Barik
04-27-2021, 09:36 AM
Where's the harm in giving it a try and seeing where it goes, it's free we clearly all love Everquest, hell its free mate. I don't know anyone really in particular but if it ends up being poops can't you just stop playing?

EatitNerd
04-27-2021, 10:24 AM
Yeah this is just a poll to see how bad everyone *thinks* it will be. Let’s be real we will all prolly try it even if it’s just for a night

starkind
04-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Where's the harm in giving it a try and seeing where it goes, it's free we clearly all love Everquest, hell its free mate. I don't know anyone really in particular but if it ends up being poops can't you just stop playing?

Tru.

Seems like gangsta put a ton of effort into this. No harm in applauding that.

Gustoo
04-27-2021, 06:12 PM
No reason not to give it a shot could be some good fun for a while. Red 99 is at an all time low pop wise so why not.

Or you could go wait in line for loot on blue

Disease
04-28-2021, 04:27 PM
Tru.

Seems like gangsta put a ton of effort into this. No harm in applauding that.

The original devs quit so they could play... Ya no corruption on that box.

Snortles Chortles
04-29-2021, 10:15 AM
zoOM ZoOM

Raclen
05-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Gangsta will actually share his work so it can be used by others in the future so if anything he is the first dev helping in that regard.

UrkTheSlayer
05-17-2021, 07:58 PM
Gangsta will actually share his work so it can be used by others in the future so if anything he is the first dev helping in that regard.

Mod Devs don’t share their server client?

Raclen
05-18-2021, 01:10 PM
I wish project 1999 would share their work. Then we could find a couple mods/devs to run a decent project instead of having the best product being neglected.

EatitNerd
05-18-2021, 05:11 PM

Lol almost everyone (outside of p99, for good reason) shares their work except secrets since he wants to keep how invasive his DLLs are to a minimum.

Raclen
05-18-2021, 05:19 PM
Lol almost everyone (outside of p99, for good reason) shares their work except secrets since he wants to keep how invasive his DLLs are to a minimum.

Did Gangsta start with code from RoZ?

EatitNerd
05-18-2021, 05:35 PM

Pretty much, hence why it’s so damn buggy. He hasn’t changed much at all, still a newbie at developing

UrkTheSlayer
05-18-2021, 07:15 PM

If you know how someone’s DDL is structured you could just send whatever packt you want and like spawn mobs and loot right?

Kerwin 5.0
05-19-2021, 02:29 PM
:confused:

Tyronius of Midnight
06-30-2021, 08:10 AM

No. He started from base eqemulator code, like RoZ did. But it's not RoZ's code. Many bugs to work out that takes years to sift through.

EatitNerd
06-30-2021, 12:37 PM
No. He started from base eqemulator code, like RoZ did. But it's not RoZ's code. Many bugs to work out that takes years to sift through.

Exactly and Gangsta is not a dev or has any experience so add even more time to accomplish this. Box will be insanely buggy for the 25 people who start to play here

Raclen
06-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Exactly and Gangsta is not a dev or has any experience so add even more time to accomplish this. Box will be insanely buggy for the 25 people who start to play here

woah woah pal... don't say exactly, this directly contradicts what you were sure about up above. Everyone shares, Gangsta starting with RoZ code, etc. Now someone says he started from scratch and you say exactly? shiiiiiiiitt

Arvan
06-30-2021, 02:17 PM
Wheres the option for “less dead than p99 red lmao”

EatitNerd
06-30-2021, 08:01 PM
woah woah pal... don't say exactly, this directly contradicts what you were sure about up above. Everyone shares, Gangsta starting with RoZ code, etc. Now someone says he started from scratch and you say exactly? shiiiiiiiitt

I know reading comprehension is hard for some people, but soon you will realize I was saying exactly to you saying it would take years to sift through and get correct. Gangsta has been in school etc and only working on this for 4 months very casually, most things that would take a normal dev an hour to fix he gets around to it in about 2 weeks. Launch will show how unready the server is.

gangsta
06-30-2021, 10:26 PM
Ummm agatha... If you remember correctly Gangsta was a halfling rogue... Played by a 8 or 9 year old boy... So today he's prob 13-15. He was also super autistic. Big no from me dog. All my pixels are secure on red99 to pass down to my grand children.
I am 20 years old these days. Figured I'd chime in just to correct that 1.

gangsta
06-30-2021, 10:29 PM

This is not true. I started from the code provided by EQEMU, project EQ. It required a ton of work to be classic and a ton of work to allow for PvP. RoZ code is not shared it is closed to the public ask them yourselves.

gangsta
06-30-2021, 10:36 PM
The original devs quit so they could play... Ya no corruption on that box.

RoT can be contributed to by any player. It is after all "open source" meaning anyone who understands even a little bit of coding can contribute to the project, their commits are then overseen by myself.

Jontheripper
07-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Team pvp gonna be good no matter what the naysayers naysay

Raclen
07-01-2021, 04:12 PM
I know reading comprehension is hard for some people, but soon you will realize I was saying exactly to you saying it would take years to sift through and get correct. Gangsta has been in school etc and only working on this for 4 months very casually, most things that would take a normal dev an hour to fix he gets around to it in about 2 weeks. Launch will show how unready the server is.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong, that is big of you.

Darksinga
07-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Some developers with incredible skill have worked on the project:

-Xackery (literal God among men EQEmu Developer.) His work is used in many projects and is the foundation for the PvP code on this server.
-Tsujin
-Keladon (had his own PvP project aimed for deity PvP before assisting RoT.)
-Image (several assists and is one of the founders of EQ Emu PvP.)
-Gangsta (he learned A LOT from Day 1.) He also assisted me with Dragonspear last year, so he's on his second year of development experience.

That alone should produce some degree of success.

Anything Xackery touches is Gold, and if you are on the fence that this is a "shit box" you should give it a shot.

I don't think many people whom play P99 are ready for how incredible the ROF2 client runs. It's literally like a different game.

See you all Day 1

EatitNerd
07-01-2021, 09:49 PM
I can’t imagine playing anything image and Gangsta have touched on the development end of things. Yikes, pretty sure secrets was left off that list even though his DLL is all over this box, his reputation is now widespread thus singa was smart to leave him off but we know he has done things behind the scenes similar to roz (another dead server)

Darksinga
07-01-2021, 10:29 PM
I can’t imagine playing anything image and Gangsta have touched on the development end of things. Yikes, pretty sure secrets was left off that list even though his DLL is all over this box, his reputation is now widespread thus singa was smart to leave him off but we know he has done things behind the scenes similar to roz (another dead server)

I don't think Secrets' work is used here. Not 100% certain, but last I heard he released his work to the public which made much of the anti hack useless.

Plus, any one with a sound mind cannot support the way Secrets ran things.

The fact the dll would read your open windows, and he would use it to verbally attack people via their Social Media etc. is a huge yikes.

Sadly I think Secrets also put a lot of work into P99, so it probably is used here, or something similar.

Me personally, I was never on the ROT team, I just helped contribute some very small things to the project as it's open source. I wish more people would contribute to projects such as this. Either financially or with their talents.

Ultimately, every one wants a R99 2.0. If it's not going to happen, we may as well enjoy something like this. No point shitting on someone's work, or making statements like "he dabbled and didn't really do anything," without checking out the Discord and seeing the hundreds of updates. Or logging in to the server to see how it runs.

Like it was said before, even if the project doesn't make it, the hope is some one else can pick up on the blood sweat and tears to keep this community going.

TLDR; may as well play until a r99 2.0 comes out

EatitNerd
07-01-2021, 10:37 PM
Yeah pretty sure rogean fired secrets pretty quick after “hiring” lol

Sk00ba5t3v3
08-31-2021, 01:32 PM
3 people logged in right now. Less than two months after launch. Success.

EatitNerd
08-31-2021, 02:42 PM
I’d throw this one into the Fail miserably category. It also was less than 50 after a week in, so if you voted for either of those you were correct :)

Bardp1999
09-01-2021, 12:27 AM
I want a red 2.0 so I can get into the most toxic guild possible and grief the server into dust and piss and then complain when everyone leaves for WoW 2.0

EatitNerd
09-01-2021, 05:08 PM
Lol you’re a green player, wouldn’t last a week on a red 2.0

Disease
09-01-2021, 06:06 PM
I want a red 2.0 so I can get into the most toxic guild possible and grief the server into dust and piss and then complain when everyone leaves for WoW 2.0

Forgot the part where you blame the staff for the population being only 20 people.

Tassador
09-06-2021, 09:02 AM
This idiot keeps spewing grief as a reason server is dead. Pretty sure even with no grief 10 years of the same content would kill the server.

Reset this shit let go of your pixels.

Disease
09-06-2021, 11:17 AM
This idiot keeps spewing grief as a reason server is dead. Pretty sure even with no grief 10 years of the same content would kill the server.

Reset this shit let go of your pixels.

Server is fine. Sorry you showed up late and now you want the server reset so you don't have to catch up. I've worked 4 years for an Aon and I'm not working another 4 for another.

Tassador
09-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Showed up late lol I played day 1 through last days of empire. Gratz on AoN prob the only item I don’t have that you have. Items mean nothing if you have only the same 19 clowns to play with.

Disease
09-06-2021, 06:31 PM
Showed up late lol I played day 1 through last days of empire. Gratz on AoN prob the only item I don’t have that you have. Items mean nothing if you have only the same 19 clowns to play with.

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm surprised you still stick around after all these years, you must have alot going for you.

starkind
09-07-2021, 09:30 AM
secrets really needed to make 'their' own game not another clone of eq or server they had some brilliant brain cells and while takp was kewl they all got expended on a dead/dying game and community when the world could have been given a new gem to thoroughly corrupt the youth of tommorow towards the way of the beast

Disease
09-07-2021, 03:08 PM
secrets really needed to make 'their' own game not another clone of eq or server they had some brilliant brain cells and while takp was kewl they all got expended on a dead/dying game and community when the world could have been given a new gem to thoroughly corrupt the youth of tommorow towards the way of the beast

Secrets the one who has been kicked off every emu project he has been apart of? LOL the guy is to emotional

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-07-2021, 03:52 PM
A handful of players from RoT came to Red recently thats some of the additional 20 that have been playing recently.

Disease
09-07-2021, 07:33 PM
A handful of players from RoT came to Red recently thats some of the additional 20 that have been playing recently.

Welcome! Project 1999 is the only choice in EQ Emu. Sorry you were tricked into playing RoT.

starkind
09-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Secrets the one who has been kicked off every emu project he has been apart of? LOL the guy is to emotional

I'm just positing that they would have behaved better if they did something for profit that allowed them to express themselves rather, than obsessing over others or pouring acid on the ant farm selectively.

Maybe people with dark personalities, trauma who are struggling are just drawn to pvp. To work out their issues. I don't think secrets abused their power and privilege with other projects. Maybe red99 was just too toxic for them and so they pried and abused their power.

Yet another reason we need a new red. Because this one never got a chance because everyone was learning how to run a project like this and mistakes were made. Not a good reason to stop trying.

reebz
09-08-2021, 11:42 AM
Gonna go with, fail

Cwall 146.0
09-08-2021, 04:00 PM
there is no success to be found in everquest pvp

Tassador
09-08-2021, 10:10 PM
It’s a success for disease probably plays 50 hours a week pvp twice at most and now has an AoN after 4 years of work. Congrats on insanity and a lifetime of the same.

By the way if I was really shitty at eq and it took me 4 years to get loot on a dead server I would definitely be taking the stand that everything is fine. Meanwhile 70 people on at max and no pvp to be had. Imagine actual people playing disease couldn’t take that most would not handle that. The truth is anyone who think the server is fine is protecting some investment of pixels to have some type of meaning to there huge waste of time the last 4 years.

EQ is a huge waste of time sorry you feel it’s a community, bank or whatever and not game you nut job. Hold on to that community tight kiddo

Disease
09-09-2021, 08:28 AM
It’s a success for disease probably plays 50 hours a week pvp twice at most and now has an AoN after 4 years of work. Congrats on insanity and a lifetime of the same.

By the way if I was really shitty at eq and it took me 4 years to get loot on a dead server I would definitely be taking the stand that everything is fine. Meanwhile 70 people on at max and no pvp to be had. Imagine actual people playing disease couldn’t take that most would not handle that. The truth is anyone who think the server is fine is protecting some investment of pixels to have some type of meaning to there huge waste of time the last 4 years.

EQ is a huge waste of time sorry you feel it’s a community, bank or whatever and not game you nut job. Hold on to that community tight kiddo

You have been reported. I've taken screenshots incase you try to edit this post.

starkind
09-09-2021, 09:02 AM

this is liek

projection

kiddo :p

keep posting! :cool:

Jazzy
09-10-2021, 11:29 AM
Rogean reset the fucking box

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-11-2021, 07:05 AM
2 people logged into Gangsta Box just hours after planes launched. Success.