PDA

View Full Version : Solo Ranger 51+ (Green)

gherron
04-11-2021, 10:16 AM
Where are some solo spots for rangers for 51+? I was thinking the guards near EFP in NRO but are there better solo spots?

Keebz
04-11-2021, 04:01 PM
I'd do nobles/bards/bosh in HHK to 54/55. There's a couple of spawns in LR and HHP as well.

Nomadic Plainswalker
04-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Various types in DL, hornets in BW, both come to mind.

Snaggles
04-11-2021, 08:44 PM
I'd do nobles/bards/bosh in HHK to 54/55. There's a couple of spawns in LR and HHP as well.

^ this. Dyrna will take you to 57/58 if you’re patient.

Keebz
04-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Some more ideas: Neriak non-guard mobs (namely, Nellar, some wizards and Jacker later on) might be doable if slow. CoM could also be decent early 50's, esp. since it's outdoors.

ScottBerta
04-11-2021, 11:05 PM
The 3 mcMarrin’s in Everfrost. 6min 40 sec timer and all solo pullable. Did them with my SK on blue and I think they took me to 53/54. Super chill.

gherron
04-12-2021, 06:27 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Also, is this list for non-twinked rangers?

Snaggles
04-12-2021, 05:57 PM
you can do all of Hk with a woodsman and a tolan bracer. Dyrna is a bit tough for low level rangers (I killed her mid 50's) but you can bow rot bards and nobles as low as lvl 45.

Bardp1999
04-12-2021, 06:09 PM
If you have really good gear you can solo Geos in WL from high 50s to 60 and its great XP. Probaly safer in a duo if you dont have Epics

gherron
04-12-2021, 11:09 PM
If you have really good gear you can solo Geos in WL from high 50s to 60 and its great XP. Probaly safer in a duo if you dont have Epics

I don’t. Unfortunately I’m only using gear that I’ve quested for/looted last year on my ranger :(

loserofgame
04-13-2021, 02:15 AM
I don’t. Unfortunately I’m only using gear that I’ve quested for/looted last year on my ranger :(

Props.

That will be very difficult in Kunark era without access to a few good spots. You will need to find areas that are in close proximity to a fletching vendor, as your gear will be decidedly inferior to facetank and there are not many other options prior to Velious.

NRO guards will work, as will QHills guards (Miles, Leopold, Nash). Miles and Leopold start to green out at 52 but Nash is good for a few more. Closest fletching vendors are EC for NRO, and WK for QHills.

Halas guards are also an option, but ruining your Barbarian faction is difficult to undo and WK (or a scary invis/sneak trip to Halas) are the closest fletching vendors.

After 54-55 your good options dwindle further. Ask me when you get there.

Botten
04-13-2021, 09:15 AM
Just do the Sarnak Braid quest over and over again.
Best Exp using your track and harmony and sneak on the quest giver and surrounding NPCs.
No heavy thinking needed while you have LFG on and watching Netflix.

If you get real bored with that and you happen to have a Swarm Caller maybe the summoned bees in BW using Dismiss Summon (if you need to power them down) and to work up your combat skills (defense/weapon/offense ...etc).

Or if you have your way over priced Tolan's Bracer just Bow Kite anything that doesn't summon.

Gustoo
04-13-2021, 06:39 PM
If you kill good guards as a good aligned character, you're scum.

Hope that helps.

Croco
04-14-2021, 12:22 AM
If you kill good guards as a good aligned character, you're scum.

Hope that helps.

false

YendorLootmonkey
04-14-2021, 07:47 AM
Best Exp using your track and harmony and sneak on the quest giver and surrounding NPCs.

This.

jadier
04-14-2021, 10:29 AM

If you get real bored with that and you happen to have a Swarm Caller maybe the summoned bees in BW using Dismiss Summon (if you need to power them down) and to work up your combat skills (defense/weapon/offense ...etc).

Or if you have your way over priced Tolan's Bracer just Bow Kite anything that doesn't summon.

Is the Sarnak Braid quest better XP than the Drolvarg Teeth in FV?

A 51 ranger can roflstomp clear Dalnir for stacks and stacks of A Canine for those turnins.

Toxigen
04-14-2021, 11:55 AM
Is the Sarnak Braid quest better XP than the Drolvarg Teeth in FV?

A 51 ranger can roflstomp clear Dalnir for stacks and stacks of A Canine for those turnins.

Even if it were better XP, the Braid quest will yield a free OT hammer.

Ghost of Starman
04-21-2021, 10:06 AM
I was able to solo my ranger to 55 with a fungi and a decent two-hander. Once you hit 55 you really should get the sky haste Cloak and epics if you want to grind to 60, I personally never did any fear kiting as the velious mobs have insanely high HP so it's incredibly inefficient, much better to find an XP giving mob in old world on a short response time or that you can face tank.

Snaggles
04-21-2021, 12:00 PM
I got my ranger to lvl 58 with a woodsman and a COCW. Post hybrid penalty and pre HK xp nerf I saw some iksar monks hitting 60 very slowly off dyrna.

I don't buy the needing 2 epics and a sky cloak. You can joust stuff to death with a swarmcaller until it procs and then start-in or just use a 2h like an Earthshaker.

Ghost of Starman
04-21-2021, 01:47 PM
I got my ranger to lvl 58 with a woodsman and a COCW. Post hybrid penalty and pre HK xp nerf I saw some iksar monks hitting 60 very slowly off dyrna.

I don't buy the needing 2 epics and a sky cloak. You can joust stuff to death with a swarmcaller until it procs and then start-in or just use a 2h like an Earthshaker.

Oh I'm sure its doable, slow but doable, people have soloed rogues from 1-60 so it's possible with any class given enough time and the right mobs.

With epic slow + 90% self haste your just increasing your killspeed so much, I was able to keep 3 dark blue mobs dead that were on 6 min timers without any downtime.

Snaggles
04-21-2021, 02:06 PM
Oh I'm sure its doable, slow but doable, people have soloed rogues from 1-60 so it's possible with any class given enough time and the right mobs.

Very true. You just need one blue spawn every 6 mins and patience. I can see the tools speeding that up significantly or opening up different camps. I tried the lesser fay brownies at 58 and it was rough. That's a common path I hear for cloak/2 epic folks.

Jimjam
04-21-2021, 04:03 PM
Very true. You just need one blue spawn every 6 mins and patience. I can see the tools speeding that up significantly or opening up different camps. I tried the lesser fay brownies at 58 and it was rough. That's a common path I hear for cloak/2 epic folks.

You start the fight dispelling them a couple of times and it is far, far easier.

I think I hit 60 looting a Iksar Ceremonial Breastplate on blue. KC and Velks spiders were also things I also liked to do. Basically stuff where the xp is incidental to the adventure.

Snaggles
04-21-2021, 04:54 PM
You start the fight dispelling them a couple of times and it is far, far easier.

I think I hit 60 looting a Iksar Ceremonial Breastplate on blue. KC and Velks spiders were also things I also liked to do. Basically stuff where the xp is incidental to the adventure.

Yea I can see that for sure. I think I threw in the towel and just stayed at HK where life is simple and boring. Good tip tho.