PDA

View Full Version : enc +2

dcortez
04-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Best trio for an enc?

Looking to drag a friend in, he hated SK.

Jimjam
04-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Much like Heroquest, the best expansion to enchanter is more of itself!

Cleric handy too.

dcortez
04-12-2021, 08:48 PM
Ah well, fish fell off the hook. Moot.

DMN
04-12-2021, 09:01 PM
Ah well, fish fell off the hook. Moot.

WTF does that even mean? why are you talking about a trio and then asking about a duo?

Bardp1999
04-12-2021, 10:40 PM
Enc/War/Clr would be the holy trinity on EQ

yiuman
04-13-2021, 10:13 AM
I'd actually argue a ranger is better than a war in this trio most of the time as they bring:

Sow
Snare
Tracking
Emergency agro

Whilst they don't have the raw tankage of a warrior, ideally it should be the enc pet getting beat on anyway

Toxigen
04-13-2021, 10:25 AM
Cleric + Necro

Charm in zones with undead.

Even if the cleric OR necro quits, you can keep going w/ an insanely strong duo. (Necro + enchanter is severely underrated).

Videri
04-13-2021, 10:32 AM
WTF does that even mean? why are you talking about a trio and then asking about a duo?

That means the friend he was trying to drag into EQ has quit.

OP, as an enchanter, it's helpful to have:
• a healer (clr, shm, dru, pal)
• a class with Stun (cleric, paladin, other ench)
• a class that can mez (other ench, necro, bard)
• a tank who doesn't break charm (war, pal, SK, possibly monk or ranger)
• a class with Malo to make your pet easier to control (shaman, mage)

Put together some of those ingredients and you could form a great trio. Throwing out some ideas: enc/clr/war, enc/clr/mag, enc/clr/nec, enc/pal/shm, enc/enc/clr

Crede
04-13-2021, 10:34 AM
From best to almost perfect:
Enc/cleric/sk
Enc/cleric/monk
Enc/cleric/Paladin
Enc/cleric/war
Enc/cleric/ranger
Enc/cleric/mage
Enc/cleric/Necro

Gwaihir
04-13-2021, 11:50 AM
Ench ench cleric. Two sword pets to petwall slowed single pulls all day long.

Most of my classic era grind was just me and another chanter. 30-40 in 2 days at beach camp in uguk. Moved to lguk and plowed right on thru to 50.

Charm pets before the lvl 42 mob hp jump is worthless. The time you lose DPS and risk death to a charm break doesn't counter just petwalling with sword pets.

Kawhi
04-13-2021, 12:42 PM
So with Enc/Cleric/Necro you will be much weaker if you don't have an undead to charm for the necro, so you will have less flexibility of where you can go. Underrated though is that the necro can twitch the cleric. Cleric with C from Enc and twitch from necro is pretty much never going oom.

Enc/Enc/Cleric gets the flexibility of being a beast group everywhere, but the mana regen stuff doesn't "stack" here (just C). AoE mez is a super OP spell and even if a bunch of mobs are blasting one Enc, then you still have another that can aoe mez them.

I would probably prefer Enc/Enc/Cleric to Enc/Nec/Cleric.

You just don't need a tank with this group. The tank is one of the pets.

spacecadet
04-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Cleric/Monk and Shaman has been favorite Trios with my chanter.

I occasionally duo with a Druid, thats also good fun.

But like people said, chanter pet is tank. Plus, if I put my on cha gear (255), tash + malo, pet lasts forever.

spacecadet
04-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Charm pets before the lvl 42 mob hp jump is worthless. The time you lose DPS and risk death to a charm break doesn't counter just petwalling with sword pets.

I also agree with this. Just keep summoning him haha, way less stress and down time.

I have also had OK times with the 55 summoned chanter pet. Slow mob, haste pet, bedlem, repeat. He can take a huge amount of damage.

Toxigen
04-13-2021, 05:56 PM
Man these people suggesting enchanters use their summoned pets are really bad at EQ.

dcortez
04-13-2021, 08:48 PM

I'll type this out slowly for you.

F r i e n d d e c i d e d n o t t o p l a y.

T h e r e i s n o t r i o a n d t h e r e w i l l n e v e r b e a d u o.

I f I w a n t e d t o d u o a n e n c, I w o u l d g o w i t h a c l e r i c / e n c.

DMN
04-13-2021, 11:21 PM
I'll type this out slowly for you.

F r i e n d d e c i d e d n o t t o p l a y.

T h e r e i s n o t r i o a n d t h e r e w i l l n e v e r b e a d u o.

I f I w a n t e d t o d u o a n e n c, I w o u l d g o w i t h a c l e r i c / e n c.

look here, flipper boy, you said you wanted to know about a trio, and then suggested you were just wanting a new class for your friend(singular). if you had another player in mind for the trio, then you would have told us the class they plan to play. or... perhaps... you plan to box them? Hmmmmmmm.

Ruien
04-15-2021, 10:46 AM
The original question is a good one. I have spent a lot (a lot) of time duoing and trioing on enc.

The two hands-down winners for trio are:

enc/clr/nec
enc/clr/mag

For most of the level range, enc/clr/nec wins. With this trio, you will want undead to charm. Also, as Toxigen mentioned, it's going to be the best choice (at any level) if there's a chance one of the trio leaves early.

Mag pulls ahead (malo) when charming at a high level where many mobs cast and most if not all summon. The mag pet will survive and occupy the mob's attention long enough during charm breaks. Take advantage of DS and do not slow.

Both nec and mag can help with mana regen in a way that stacks with C (twitch / rods). A cleric with 200+ CHA, wallvision, DA/DB is also beneficial and opens up additional options in either of these trios.

Toxigen
04-15-2021, 02:16 PM
The original question is a good one. I have spent a lot (a lot) of time duoing and trioing on enc.

The two hands-down winners for trio are:

enc/clr/nec
enc/clr/mag

For most of the level range, enc/clr/nec wins. With this trio, you will want undead to charm. Also, as Toxigen mentioned, it's going to be the best choice (at any level) if there's a chance one of the trio leaves early.

Mag pulls ahead (malo) when charming at a high level where many mobs cast and most if not all summon. The mag pet will survive and occupy the mob's attention long enough during charm breaks. Take advantage of DS and do not slow.

Both nec and mag can help with mana regen in a way that stacks with C (twitch / rods). A cleric with 200+ CHA, wallvision, DA/DB is also beneficial and opens up additional options in either of these trios.

Fair, but necro is still miles ahead of mage as the 3rd in this comp from an EXP standpoint. Another charm pet taking dmg that will be broken and killed at sub 10% hp for 100% exp, mez, roots, heals, and the ability to FD + rez in the case of shit hitting the fan (did someone say Howling Stones?) far outweighs malo.

Now, if the trio has plans to farm nameds at 60 you could make the argument for mage. Malo on a hasted (+muzzle saves risk of losing a tola robe), weaponized enc pet is nice...can also park the mage in spots like seb crypt, HS south safe hall, safe hall in velk, etc for quick access to cash camps via COTH.

Honestly it should just boil down to whether the 3rd player likes mage (easier) or necro (harder).

Crede
04-15-2021, 08:31 PM
If your end goal is to snipe big dick nameds, the third class should be a melee. Prob can pull off the craziest shit with an sk due to snap aggro and fd, but op ruled that out so monk, war, or pal should suffice. Ranger is nice for harmo but they just get beat so hard.

DMN
04-16-2021, 12:41 AM
Best trio for pure kill efficiency
Enc x 2, nec

Best trio for doing the most difficult stuff
enc, cleric, shaman

deadlycupcakez
04-16-2021, 11:46 PM
if you are trying to get folks to play with you and just explore Norrath as three, the answer is Dru - Clr - Enc. You will be able to trio any dungeon named (non-dragon tier) in game and you will have easy access to travel with the benefit of additional support/dps in a flex spot. this is primo through high end pom

unsunghero
04-17-2021, 04:56 PM
Man these people suggesting enchanters use their summoned pets are really bad at EQ.

This. Was that a serious post saying that charm is a hassle pre-level 42 and animation pets are better?

There is nothing faster exp-wise than reverse charming (aside from like bard swarming or quadding). You can chain kill dark blues this way and usually come out with more mana than when you pulled. The only mana you need to spend per dark blue kill is on 2 tashes, 1 charm, 2 roots, 1 invis, and 1 nuke. That's per 1 kill. You can regenerate more mana than you spent each kill during the time it takes your charmed pet to (almost) die. Once charm is broken and pet is dead, charm the now-hurt mob that you used to kill your pet and repeat. The only time I actually lose mana this method is when adds come or charm breaks (which is pretty rare with high cha)

Tsunami21k
04-23-2021, 11:32 PM
This. Was that a serious post saying that charm is a hassle pre-level 42 and animation pets are better?

There is nothing faster exp-wise than reverse charming (aside from like bard swarming or quadding). You can chain kill dark blues this way and usually come out with more mana than when you pulled. The only mana you need to spend per dark blue kill is on 2 tashes, 1 charm, 2 roots, 1 invis, and 1 nuke. That's per 1 kill. You can regenerate more mana than you spent each kill during the time it takes your charmed pet to (almost) die. Once charm is broken and pet is dead, charm the now-hurt mob that you used to kill your pet and repeat. The only time I actually lose mana this method is when adds come or charm breaks (which is pretty rare with high cha)

Been doing this on my chanter. Can confirm. It’s insanely fast xp.