PDA

View Full Version : My Octopus Teacher.

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 04:30 PM
Go see it right now on Netflix and have a good cry.

DoodyLich666
03-27-2021, 04:46 PM
Dude was a dick for watching his homie get fucked up by a shark. “I can’t interfere.” Well, you already did that by holding this animal that relies on stealth for survival.

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 04:59 PM
Dude was a dick for watching his homie get fucked up by a shark. “I can’t interfere.” Well, you already did that by holding this animal that relies on stealth for survival.

He admitted as much. To some degree. He isn't the brightest crayon, God, human, in the box. Just a mortal man. At least he learned and shared. Enabling you to make your observation and post about it. Along with Starkind observationing within starkind.

He has a better respect now for nature. As imperfect as he is.

Jimjam
03-27-2021, 05:15 PM
The very act of observation is interaction.

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 05:18 PM

Starkind.

Jibartik
03-27-2021, 07:47 PM

lol shodengers shark attack victim.

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 07:59 PM
shodengers

?

Wat unurvarse ywe in meight?

Jimjam
03-27-2021, 08:14 PM
Showdanger!

DoodyLich666
03-27-2021, 10:39 PM
It was an interesting film. Seeing the octopus don armor was amazing. Now that I think about it, it was definitely a powerful film in its own way.
I have a bias against that man’s methods I suppose. I go out and seek out encounters with animals. I travel around trying to catch snakes, and when I send them on their way I ensure that nothing is going to devour them because of me. That shark 100% bit that octopus’s leg off because it was out hugging a man instead of hiding under a rock like it was evolved to do. Hopefully he did learn from it. I know that would have deeply effected.

Cassawary
03-27-2021, 11:25 PM
The only good show on netflix is castlevania, so I cancelled it.

Toehammer
03-28-2021, 03:31 PM

False.

As an example: when the Sun emits a photon, 8.33 minutes later it strikes your eye... you are interacting with the photon not the Sun. Technically, things interact when they change each other's momentum (or exchange force carrier particles).

A semantic argument might be that the Sun births a photon that hits your eye so that is an "interaction" but interaction means something very specific! If we used that semantic argument, then eventually everything would be considered interacting with everything else, and the meaning of interaction (Newton's 3rd Law) loses all meaning.

The silliest trick Feynman ever pulled was not telling people that Feynman diagrams are just a vector representation of Newton's 3 Laws with a squiggly line.

Observation and interaction is at the heart of quantum mechanics and the measurement problem... be careful making these sorts of general philosophical extrapolations of QM!

HalflingSpergand
03-28-2021, 04:07 PM
Tldr Observation cant be interaction or else all these jews are liars

magnetaress
03-28-2021, 04:14 PM
The photon interacts with the sun. Then the photon interacts with us. We aren't necessarily interacting with the sun. Though. Really. We feel thr sun and the sun feeds us. We are a part of the sun. Without the sun we would not exist. We don't need interaction for connection.

Without humans the very nature of the world would change. Without octopi the nature of the kelp forest changes. In this way the forest responds to its environment. Our conciousness reaches our sun. Just as the forests and plankton reach us. We have even sent ships to touch our sun. Pull on its gravity and slingshot around it.

RecondoJoe
03-30-2021, 07:50 AM
I cried, LOL. I also won't eat Octopus anymore. After seeing how hard it is for that animal to struggle... not really interested in supporting the hunting of it.