PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II: Resurrected

Baler
03-22-2021, 07:35 PM
Hyped for D2 + Lord of destruction remastered.
Diablo 2 was during the same era as classic everquest, June 2000 & lod: June 2001.
Given the nature of this forum I'm more than certain we have a lot here who have played Diablo 2 for multiple hours or even tried climbing the ladder.

https://i.imgur.com/1McqMoZ.jpg

Some features include,
3d instead of 2d
Wide screen support
Shared Stash & Larger stash size
Auto Gold Pickup
Battle.net server (rip us east & us west)
Cloud saves, for multi-device progression (may be limited)
Option To Toggle Between New And Old Version
Remastered audio
Remastered Cutscenes
Mod Support (limited)
Offline support after online registration

Would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of other people who experienced Diablo 2 back in the day or even recently became aware of it.

Jibartik
03-22-2021, 07:39 PM
I never played Diablo really, but I respect it. is II the fan favorite? I want to try this game, I presume I can because its kind of a solo game no?

Snortles Chortles
03-22-2021, 07:40 PM
For me, D2 previously held the “game i played the most” title until discovering Everquest
have since been unable to return to the genre
f

Samoht
03-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Do not buy blizzard games in 2021.

Nexii
03-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Fun for a lot of hours but botting destroyed ladder. We'll see, depends how good it is

imperiouskitten
03-22-2021, 07:59 PM

Nice

magnetaress
03-22-2021, 08:03 PM
D2R will be a lot of fun with good friends. Running old D2 with some graphical hax but it's kinda less then ideal. Seems like ppl play that on the bnet servers still.

This will be great if it makes the game accessible to a new audience plus the old. Some tweaks/changes to skills should be fun to if they did that give ppl a way to do some new builds. The old main ones that work quite well have been the same for years.

Baler
03-22-2021, 08:04 PM

I fully agree, Except the remaster is Not being done by 'blizzard'.

Vicarious Visions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions) is handling the remaster, (they were absorbed by activision, blizzard dismantled the classic games team after War3:remaster and the project was handed to the Vicarious Visions people who work at blizzard.)

They did the tony hawk 1+2 remaster for example. It even had the switching between old and new version. So, so long as blizzard stays out of their way I think and hope we have a winning result.

magnetaress
03-22-2021, 08:04 PM
Blizzard isn't that evil. Looks like they really realized D3 was a massive oof.

Wow and wow classic were quite fun. I would still be playing those if I was healthy and had the luxury to do it after hitting the gym.

Nexii
03-22-2021, 08:08 PM
Blizzard isn't that evil. Looks like they really realized D3 was a massive oof.

Wow and wow classic were quite fun. I would still be playing those if I was healthy and had the luxury to do it after hitting the gym.

What was a massive OOF was sending paying customers letters of notice through their ISP for downloading classic WoW (before they decided to cash in themselves)

GinnasP99
03-22-2021, 08:10 PM
Nostalrius, never forget

imperiouskitten
03-22-2021, 08:12 PM
I fully agree, Except the remaster is Not being done by 'blizzard'.

Vicarious Visions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_Visions) is handling the remaster, (they were absorbed by activision, blizzard dismantled the classic games team after War3:remaster and the project was handed to the Vicarious Visions people who work at blizzard.)

They did the tony hawk 1+2 remaster for example. It even had the switching between old and new version. So, so long as blizzard stays out of their way I think and hope we have a winning result.

typical boomer understanding of capital organization & copyright

Snortles Chortles
03-22-2021, 08:41 PM
zoomers redoing the Mona Lisa
hard pass

Baler
03-22-2021, 08:44 PM
hard pass

It's built off the same game according to them. So under the hood it's still the same game.

Will Enigma be op?

Snortles Chortles
03-22-2021, 08:48 PM
i bet you got excited about super Mario all stars too
(LOL)

Baler
03-22-2021, 09:01 PM
i bet you got excited about super Mario all stars too
(LOL)

https://i.imgur.com/aiwxBpo.jpg

A Knight
03-22-2021, 09:02 PM
For me, D2 previously held the “game i played the most” title until discovering Everquest

magnetaress
03-22-2021, 09:15 PM
C u all in D2 Resurrection real soon.

Tunabros
03-22-2021, 09:21 PM
currently enjoying it right now

kinda of a noob at it but I'm learning!

HalflingSpergand
03-22-2021, 09:33 PM
D2 is my number 2 favorite game after everquest. A remaster is not necessary since you can still play d2 fine unless they are going to update the online portion but gauranteed they will fuck it up 100%

edit for jibartik: u can still play lord of destruction fine on solo and there are some tasteful mods from the community . I never tried median xl not interested but plugy is pretty sweet if ur not goin hardcore

1Rvwvo4mTAY

Snortles Chortles
03-22-2021, 09:43 PM
D2 is my number 2 favorite game after everquest. A remaster is not necessary since you can still play d2 fine unless they are going to update the online portion but gauranteed they will fuck it up 100%

Baler
03-22-2021, 09:54 PM
Some about mod support as it is known currently..
In the past there were mods that inject code directly into the game(dll), but they’re the kind we can’t support,” he said. “But all other mods-those that use data, and such-we love to see them.”

This likely means singleplayer mods that don't do too much may still be usable but it's still uncertain where the line is drawn.
Back in the day Phrozen Keep was one of the place to go-to for some seriously cool singleplayer mods or to learn how to mod Diablo 2 with special tools. It has since gone down but was some what resurrected at https://d2mods.info/forum/index.php

There is also the more well known moddb
https://www.moddb.com/games/diablo-2-lod/mods

For those unaware there are a few mods with active multiplayer community, aka private servers.
https://projectdiablo2.miraheze.org/wiki
https://pathofdiablo.com/
https://www.median-xl.com/

There are actually quite a few private servers for diablo 2, even ones that specialize for a certain patch.

Swish
03-22-2021, 10:00 PM
After what happened with Warcraft 3 I'm waiting for the big feedback.

Baler
03-22-2021, 10:05 PM

Many of us feel this way. We'll believe it when we see it.

This most recent blizzcon was all about diablo, with the focus being diablo 2 resurrected. After all the flubs blizzard has pulled I hope they can swallow their pride and give the fans what we want.

warcraft 3 reforged is and was one of the worst things they pushed out..
It has a 0.6 out of 10.0 user score on metacritic (https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/warcraft-iii-reforged)

Kaveh
03-22-2021, 11:46 PM
hard pass

Tunabros
03-23-2021, 12:49 AM

they will never fuck up D2 remastered

that game is too legendary

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 12:54 AM
said the zoomer

DMN
03-23-2021, 12:55 AM
Meh. i dunno. i could never play diablo 2 without plugy expanded stash.

Does andariel still have tits?

Arvan
03-23-2021, 01:19 AM
Idk why people think 3d is auto better than 2d. The golden age of sprite art was fantastic imo.

Tunabros
03-23-2021, 02:33 AM
said the zoomer

said the boomer :eek: :D

A Knight
03-23-2021, 03:42 AM

I didn't play it online. But with warcraft 3 I think they didn't do a bad job. However, I was routing for it being ok it failed, after it failed because then age of empires 2 got more attention.

Warcraft 3 graphics update was shitty but just turn them off. I liked how they didn't change much.

Skarne
03-23-2021, 07:53 AM
I’ve been playing Diablo 2 since the announcement of the remaster. The game still holds up nicely, however I gotta say it’s extremely repetitive. Maybe it’s the class I chose or my age now but I find it to be kind of boring and unchallenging.

The music is top notch though. The soundtrack was done by the same person who did my favorite world of Warcraft expansion soundtrack, The Burning Crusade.

BlackBellamy
03-23-2021, 08:22 AM
it’s extremely repetitive...boring and unchallenging

That was my initial assessment back in the day. I did congratulate the devs on improving the Skinner Box tho. Up until Diablo games didn't throw a bundle of sparkly junk loot for you to pick the best item out of. Until Diablo you got your gear as reward for quests or out of some chest after defeating all the guards. Diablo introduced the instant reward mechanic where almost any mob and many many 'boss' mobs just exploded with rewards. How could you not mindlessly keep clicking after that?

Taking away the loot-rush feeling and Diablo has a very repetitive and shallow loop.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 08:35 AM
https://i.imgur.com/x2RsyNz.jpg

Skarne
03-23-2021, 09:14 AM
That was my initial assessment back in the day. I did congratulate the devs on improving the Skinner Box tho. Up until Diablo games didn't throw a bundle of sparkly junk loot for you to pick the best item out of. Until Diablo you got your gear as reward for quests or out of some chest after defeating all the guards. Diablo introduced the instant reward mechanic where almost any mob and many many 'boss' mobs just exploded with rewards. How could you not mindlessly keep clicking after that?

Taking away the loot-rush feeling and Diablo has a very repetitive and shallow loop.

I think that's an accurate assessment. I will say there is fun to be had though, the atmosphere of the game is fantastic.

Bardp1999
03-23-2021, 09:48 AM
Diablo 3 is pretty good now after 10 years of patches. Not sure D2 is going to scratch the nostalgia itch that some are craving

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 10:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/C4ziv4K.gif

magnetaress
03-23-2021, 11:47 AM
I refuse to log on until my room is clean and my catbabbies washed and groomed. And a healthy breakfast plus walk.

Jibartik
03-23-2021, 11:53 AM
At my highest points of addiction I still took showers before logging in, well most of the time.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 11:53 AM
showers after successful camp break

Evia
03-23-2021, 02:58 PM
I’m excited for this. As some have said, besides eq1 this game is the only other I have a real soft spot for. I’m very excited for its release and I plan on purchasing 4 Nintendo switch copies so my wife and kids can play together. I’ll probably pick up a copy for my ps5 and pc too since they’re going to allow me to switch devices with the same progression. I can’t think of a game that’s come out in the last 10 years that had me buying multiple copies and me being 100% ok with it.

Baler
03-23-2021, 04:32 PM
Bonemancer is what I'll be starting with

20 teeth
20 Bone Spear (Clear an entire hallway in a couple casts)
20 Bone Prison(crowd control)
20 Bone Spirit
1 Corpse Explosion (Perfect for clearing packs once 1 mob dies)
1 Bone Armor (More defensive layering), extra points here.

1 clay golem (this can tank end game bosses for a second)
1 golem mastery & summon resists

1 amp damage, dim vision
1 iron maiden (can swap between clay golem and this to have mobs kill themselves)

fingers crossed I find a sick +skills amulet and a necro wand with +2 necro skills +3 bone spear

What is your favorite class or class you played the most?

magnetaress
03-23-2021, 04:42 PM
Thats exactly what I used to play a lot pretty much.

Maybe I'll do a druid. With oak spirit. :)

Or an Amazon.

Or trapassassin.

Probably allthree.

I think I did lightning sorc most.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 04:42 PM
bowazon
u giev SoJ?

imperiouskitten
03-23-2021, 05:02 PM
amazon is for girly man

Baler
03-23-2021, 06:08 PM
amazon is for girly man

There was some serious controversy about that.
https://i.imgur.com/eLU8SQN.png

VS say artwork for the amazon
https://i.imgur.com/hEBZ8ks.png

A fan even photoshoped the face to be closer to the face we expected
https://i.imgur.com/6pNrRJR.png

There was a response on reddit by a community manager talking about feedback regarding the character models. So hopefully they don't push that 60 year old amazon face through and do the fan rights.

HalflingSpergand
03-23-2021, 06:12 PM
Blizzard sorc

DMN
03-23-2021, 06:12 PM
BaBa good.

go.

Nocht
03-23-2021, 07:42 PM
I want to believe that this is going to be good. But after Warcraft3:Refunded,"Don't you have phones?" and WoW:Systemlands I have lost all faith in Acti-Blizz.

Gonna wait and see on this one.

A Knight
03-23-2021, 07:57 PM
A fan even photoshoped the face to be closer to the face we expected
https://i.imgur.com/6pNrRJR.png

I have a hard time with this one. She could just be an older chick. I appreciate hot chicks in video games but also my inner liberal with liberal tented glasses, thinks that women shouldn't be objectified in video games, so much. But also I don't care and hot chicks in video games are fine. (Sometimes too attractive is bad though. I'm trying to play a game here.)

If its for some agenda though then nah, no thanks.

Baler
03-23-2021, 08:06 PM
I have a hard time with this one

https://i.imgur.com/5zLuWMn.gif

It's a video game not real life.

You're on a forum for a video game (everquest) that has open racism, religious intolerance and general vulgarity between races. Get off your high horse.

Edit: People want a 1:1 Diablo 2 remaster, they were upset the amazon face changed. There is no secret code, alternative agenda or propaganda. It was a mistake and we hope the artists fix it.

editedit:here is lore/background about the Amazon
This powerful woman warrior belongs to nomadic bands who roam the plains near the South Sea. The wandering of these groups often brings them into conflict with other peoples, so the Amazon is accustomed to fighting to defend her own. This lifestyle has made her fiercely independent and able to weather severe hardship and travel.

The Skovos Isles are located in the Twin Seas and is the homeland of the Amazons, also known as the Askari civilization. The nation is a matriarchal society where men have less say in both politics, the military and the religious life The warriors are the amazons and the religios leaders are the oracles, both of which are ruled by two queens, who in turn rule over the Askari nation.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 08:35 PM
no hospice here
(LOL)

Baler
03-23-2021, 08:42 PM
no hospice here
(LOL)

That is not a part of the video game.

A Knight
03-23-2021, 08:42 PM
Ok asshole. I was just saying my logical opinion on the subject of, attractiveness of women in video games. It is logical to think there could be an agenda. If one of these fake existence Armageddons is real. Then its logical to think there is an agenda.

Man I had a whole another thing to say about being tortured in a fake existence, where your disability is that your insane for believing people are torturing/harassing you, and to see how you would then stand up to those people.

But ehh, I want to keep my chances up of being able to play this game some how.

Hopefully one of these days I won't be tortured so much so I can go back to ignoring trolls/harassment on the internet, so I look normal on forums. And also this is still a random hope of, if the people harassing me want me to say a public opinion.

Baler
03-23-2021, 08:47 PM
Ok asshole. I was just saying my logical opinion on the subject of, attractiveness of women in video games. It is logical to think there could be an agenda. If one of these fake existence Armageddons is real. Then its logical to think there is an agenda.

Man I had a whole another thing to say about being tortured in a fake existence, where your disability is that your insane for believing people are torturing/harassing you, and to see how you would then stand up to those people.

But ehh, I want to keep my chances up of being able to play this game some how.

Hopefully one of these days I won't be tortured so much so I can go back to ignoring trolls/harassment on the internet, so I look normal on forums. And also this is still a random hope of, if the people harassing me want me to say a public opinion.

You're claim that i'm trolling or harassing you on the internet is pathetic.

You want to re-write history because it hurts your feelings. Diablo 2 amazon was not an old crow, she was a younger more attractive (in the sense of beauty) female warrior from the twin seas.

Please stop trying to derail my thread with your social justice sense of self righteousness.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 08:47 PM
all true fan's of diablo 2 (not you) know the original version is and will be forever god tier and scoff at the thought of purchasing, installing, humoring this guaranteed cash grab zoomer graphic update shit tier corporate soulless scumbag effort to cash in on muh classic vidya gamin trends pile of gigantic shit

(LOL)

Baler
03-23-2021, 08:55 PM
all true fan's of diablo 2 (not you) know the original version is and will be forever god tier and scoff at the thought of purchasing, installing, humoring this guaranteed cash grab zoomer graphic update shit tier corporate soulless scumbag effort to cash in on muh classic vidya gamin trends pile of gigantic shit

(LOL)

Well blizzard can't make a new IP that is successful, why not go back through the catalogue and re-release. It worked for skyrim :o

three vikings remaster? :rolleyes:

imperiouskitten
03-23-2021, 08:55 PM

(LOL)

the cringest part of teh quoted yikes is that i concur :o

also stop going to the movie theatre for the love of fucking God. it's all comic book serials. and cancel your netflix and lets be honest, disneyplus. retards

A Knight
03-23-2021, 08:59 PM
Subjects being ignored. I could go on the subject of possible harassment more but I need to go do other things. And I think you think I am an SJW and I am not. So that gives you points. +10.

imperiouskitten
03-23-2021, 09:02 PM
the cringest part of teh quoted yikes is that i concur :o

also stop going to the movie theatre for the love of fucking God. it's all comic book serials. and cancel your netflix and lets be honest, disneyplus. retards

wait im just doing a character here. diablo 2 is actually completely unplayable, it only made sense in-era and you can't even read the font used ingame. quake engine games are the correct thing to be nostalgic about from this period, also duke3d was still a baby

Baler
03-23-2021, 09:03 PM
Subjects being ignored.

The subject of this thread is Diablo II: Resurrected, if you don't want to talk about that. I suggest you find another thread. And have a great day! :)

Topgunben
03-23-2021, 10:20 PM
Hyped for D2 + Lord of destruction remastered.
Diablo 2 was during the same era as classic everquest, June 2000 & lod: June 2001.
Given the nature of this forum I'm more than certain we have a lot here who have played Diablo 2 for multiple hours or even tried climbing the ladder.

https://i.imgur.com/1McqMoZ.jpg

Some features include,
3d instead of 2d
Wide screen support
Shared Stash & Larger stash size
Auto Gold Pickup
Battle.net server (rip us east & us west)
Cloud saves, for multi-device progression (may be limited)
Option To Toggle Between New And Old Version
Remastered audio
Remastered Cutscenes
Mod Support (limited)
Offline support after online registration

Would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of other people who experienced Diablo 2 back in the day or even recently became aware of it.

very cool. Hopefully they can truly remaster D2 and not butcher it like they did Diablo 3.

On a similar note, blizzard remastered Warcraft 3 and I heard it was a complete disaster.

Topgunben
03-23-2021, 10:22 PM
Holy smokes this looks badass. I think they went the right direction with this.

https://diablo2.blizzard.com/en-us/#masthead

DoodyLich666
03-23-2021, 10:47 PM
It does look pretty cool.

Snortles Chortles
03-23-2021, 11:25 PM
we wuz paladins and shit
https://i.imgur.com/aDc042l.png

DoodyLich666
03-23-2021, 11:57 PM
Fuck around and get smote.
All of those characters look pretty sick.

magnetaress
03-24-2021, 01:28 PM
Amazon warrior should look like an early Bailey J.

https://i.imgur.com/5zLuWMn.gif

Also this is the ideal body. Male or female.

Toehammer
03-27-2021, 12:27 PM
Excited for this... still make a Hardcore character every ladder season... first few days are so much fun when everyone is gearing/leveling up. Then the botting screws up the economy in under a week. Hopefully they can fix this.

Such a great game... when they made the skill tree synergies the game was essentially reborn.

D2 and P99 are the only games I play!

magnetaress
03-27-2021, 02:02 PM
Fuck I want to load up d2 so bad right now.

surron
03-28-2021, 08:12 PM
This will be a hit, the developers aren't recreating the engine from scratch like the failed WC3 remaster. They're doing it like SC1 remaster which was highly successful and still is.

Can't find the article/video but the developers are just adding a rendering engine on top so its the exact same code base, and then they are limiting cycles/fps so all the original timings feel exactly the same.

bubur
03-28-2021, 08:19 PM
there was a sc1 remake?

i knew they made a cartoony version. learn somethin new everyday

i do hope it's more of a hit than that example, though

Cassawary
03-28-2021, 08:53 PM
I quit d3 when it started spawning purple laser turrets

not worth my time

magnetaress
03-28-2021, 08:58 PM
The Expanse isn't halfway bad. Lots of high anxiety stress laughter.

I binge ate infront of it though.

I think Holden and Aihmus should be an item. Alex is my favorite cutie tho. MCRN all the way.

Cop guy is definitely queer/tran egg.

Gravydoo II
03-28-2021, 10:18 PM

not worth my time

they made d3 into that other game, the free one. path of exile

A Knight
03-28-2021, 11:05 PM
I stopped playing Diablo 3, when I had to run down a specific linear path in the town. I've already seen the destruction of EQ so I quit after like 10-30 minutes.

I know D2 is technically linear but there is an illusion its is not.

Snortles Chortles
03-28-2021, 11:27 PM
i didn't play diablo 3 because i knew it was shit
sip

Tann
03-29-2021, 04:36 PM
I watched the video about this when it was first announced, they had me until "online" or whatever it said.

Assuming that hasn't changed it's a big pass from me.

Tunabros
03-29-2021, 10:33 PM
I watched the video about this when it was first announced, they had me until "online" or whatever it said.

Assuming that hasn't changed it's a big pass from me.

damn I have not seen the name "Knights Who Say Ni" in a very long time

Topgunben
03-30-2021, 10:53 PM

not worth my time

So true.

Snortles Chortles
03-30-2021, 11:20 PM
GAYIABLO 2: SUCKERSREKT'D

Topgunben
04-01-2021, 10:50 PM
GAYIABLO 2: SUCKERSREKT'D