PDA

View Full Version : Whats ur first red2.0 toon?

magnetaress
03-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Me druid. So I can help ppl lvl and port them around.

Then a melee.

Maybe a ranger. Or warrior. Maybe only stay lvl 20.

Uuruk
03-08-2021, 12:18 AM
How about you throw your computer in the dumpster

magnetaress
03-08-2021, 09:35 AM
How about you throw your computer in the dumpster

I bet my puter is more powerful than urs.

Icetech
03-08-2021, 10:05 AM
My chanter... bout 2 weeks now.. and i hate it. (the toon not the server.. REALLY love the server..)

Knuckle
03-17-2021, 09:54 AM
Me druid. So I can help ppl lvl and port them around.

Then a melee.

Maybe a ranger. Or warrior. Maybe only stay lvl 20.

In my dream of dreams, we are the experimental first p99 server to admit that boxxing was not unheard of on live as early as classic era, and more prevalent by velious. I personally two boxxed my friends shaman account in velious to level my warrior in velketor entrance, because velious was fucking huge and it took HOURS of sitting LFG to get a group as a warrior.

In this instance, I run one of these combos: War + SHM/DRU/CLR or MNK + SHM/DRU/CLR.

There is so many fun dynamics to these different combinations, and what it comes down to, for me, was how well could you survive an ambush or dig into a dungeon with your combo, who could handle the toughest camps? Monk/Shaman was always my bread and butter as I could buff my monk up and make potions for him, camp out the shaman, and cause a ruckus in Guk or Sebilis. If a fight went sour, I could usually hold off long enough for the shaman to camp and then Monk FD.

If its just another 1 box, I guess I will roll a monk and quit around level 20 or yet again play a solo caster class that I dont REALLY want to play but is the only way to realistically level on a low pop pvp server long term without selling your soul to cazic thule IRL.

magnetaress
03-17-2021, 11:24 AM
In my dream of dreams, we are the experimental first p99 server to admit that boxxing was not unheard of on live as early as classic era, and more prevalent by velious. I personally two boxxed my friends shaman account in velious to level my warrior in velketor entrance, because velious was fucking huge and it took HOURS of sitting LFG to get a group as a warrior.

In this instance, I run one of these combos: War + SHM/DRU/CLR or MNK + SHM/DRU/CLR.

There is so many fun dynamics to these different combinations, and what it comes down to, for me, was how well could you survive an ambush or dig into a dungeon with your combo, who could handle the toughest camps? Monk/Shaman was always my bread and butter as I could buff my monk up and make potions for him, camp out the shaman, and cause a ruckus in Guk or Sebilis. If a fight went sour, I could usually hold off long enough for the shaman to camp and then Monk FD.

If its just another 1 box, I guess I will roll a monk and quit around level 20 or yet again play a solo caster class that I dont REALLY want to play but is the only way to realistically level on a low pop pvp server long term without selling your soul to cazic thule IRL.

Yeah. A super hard-coded RZ box that allowed some boxing might be fun. Like lvl 30s can't heal or buff lvl 35s vice versa.

A lot of times on red I just want to single player classic when I feel up to it, but miss low sub lvl 20 pvp vs newbies.

I feel like this has caused permanent nostalgia for me. Not sure we can ever get it back.

Gustoo
03-17-2021, 12:54 PM
There was adequate population on red 1.0 for at least 2 years.

If any new red server comes out, you can expect at least that level of performance out of it. Especially as green gets stale and some folks want to try their hand at the next new server.

I stopped trying to decide what class I am going to choose in 1 or 2 or 10 years we'll just have to see how I'm feeling when the server comes out, and if I can even play.

strongNpretty
03-17-2021, 12:56 PM
Drood :)

Gustoo
03-17-2021, 02:24 PM
I think the big question is how many people are 2 boxing red / blue right now versus actual individual players? How many players do we actually have? At first glance, we have more pop than ever and if green blue merge or something we will have a ton of people interested in piling into a new server for a while.

Tassador
03-17-2021, 07:26 PM
Glad to see strongnpretty still around. You need gigantic scrubs around to punch around in game and feel like this server still worth a darn.

Icetech
03-17-2021, 08:54 PM
oops removed...

Icetech
03-17-2021, 08:55 PM
Meant to delete a post.. not add another.. wtf.. i am the worst..

magnetaress
03-17-2021, 11:18 PM
Meant to delete a post.. not add another.. wtf.. i am the worst..

This is RnF none of that nonsense here. Just triple post like a boss.

Yeah. Druid. Or necromancer or Chanter.

I think someone who really enjoys necromancer could totally dominate the first few months on a fresh server.

Wizard too if u just want to gank ppl until resists happens. Best to do them early on.

A Knight
03-18-2021, 12:49 AM
My chanter... bout 2 weeks now.. and i hate it. (the toon not the server.. REALLY love the server..)

Try being a monk. Being melee is often more fun because they are meaty and monk is easy to twink. If you can get iksar berserker club that should be good enough.

Or sk/pal

If no funds :( necro or mage

Icetech
03-18-2021, 07:34 AM
Try being a monk. Being melee is often more fun because they are meaty and monk is easy to twink. If you can get iksar berserker club that should be good enough.

Or sk/pal

If no funds :( necro or mage

Yeah, i was a necro for 10+ years on live.. wanted to try something new, chanter is ok but i find soloing just beyond boring.. or i'm just not in the mood right now.. it comes and goes:)

magnetaress
03-18-2021, 01:55 PM
Monks are funner than necros in many ways, if you have a healer pal you're totally set.

They just level slower and can't solo insane things as easily.

magnetaress
03-18-2021, 01:56 PM
Like instant FD is so elite.

Jimjam
03-18-2021, 02:59 PM
Probably war, be a massive xp leach with my combine shortsword tattered leather armor combo at get outlevelled within a week.

Gustoo
03-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Such a tough call if next server I play a smart character that makes sense for my probable play style, like a solo class, or if I go true believer savage devotion style and make a melee.

Vanilla era is such prime time beautiful gold that how you choose to experience it is pretty critical.

magnetaress
03-19-2021, 06:34 AM
Probably war, be a massive xp leach with my combine shortsword tattered leather armor combo at get outlevelled within a week.

Someone would powerlvl with u ;)

magnetaress
03-19-2021, 06:38 AM
Such a tough call if next server I play a smart character that makes sense for my probable play style, like a solo class, or if I go true believer savage devotion style and make a melee.

Vanilla era is such prime time beautiful gold that how you choose to experience it is pretty critical.

Yeah.

I had a ton of fun untwinked in vanilla on my ranger, betting paladin would have been great to. There were always some scrubs hanging on the edge of life in cushbone, unrest, mistimoore and those were the best levels and they always appreciated another body. Safety in numbers.

Krazy/sickpuppy
03-19-2021, 08:31 PM
We get it you have no friends outside of this forum . Just stop posting and go outside

Snortles Chortles
03-19-2021, 08:40 PM
We get it you have no friends outside of this forum . Just stop posting and go outside

magnetaress
03-19-2021, 10:11 PM
Maybe I don't even have friends here. Like you said your not my friend. And that is Ok.

Sometimes I think that everything is fake and this is just me remembering the forums.

I guess it's better than staring at the ceiling or the inside of a blanket.

magnetaress
03-19-2021, 10:12 PM
So technically I'm completely friendless and alone. I still enjoy posting and talking with myself.

Jimjam
03-20-2021, 03:47 AM
Someone would powerlvl with u ;)

Yay!

magnetaress
03-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Yay!

:D

Tassador
03-20-2021, 12:28 PM
Yeah this asking people to stop posting is pretty disturbing. I personally don’t read magnatrash is stuff but against censorship from idiots on the internet. And Krazy is definitely an idiot on the internet.

The next insult which I love is who are you? Who did you play? Like that makes a difference in you being an idiot you idiot lol...

Knuckle
03-20-2021, 01:00 PM
watch out for gnome mages, they will fuck you up in classic.

Snortles Chortles
03-20-2021, 01:01 PM
imagine still being scared to reveal your pvp character 10 years later
(LOL)

Bhairava
03-20-2021, 01:13 PM
i will not be playing red2.0 -----

ill be playing wow clasic the burning crusade instead.

on my undead rogue

Snortles Chortles
03-20-2021, 01:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/m8c8sr1.jpg

magnetaress
03-20-2021, 02:44 PM

My sister made them leave them on the steps and back away. Then she lysol sprayed and wiped everything, then she set up a quarantine zone and individually wiped everything down.

I'm for real.

Not once did I give her shit for all that even though I personally thought it was hopeless, wasteful, and extremely excessive.

magnetaress
03-20-2021, 02:45 PM
Not to mention pointless because my mom is a nurse. And her company is deliberately stupid.

Bhairava
03-20-2021, 04:05 PM

image of my servant delivering my 20 lbs of corn chips and queso cheese to my house ....

ahhhhhhhh :eek::rolleyes:

magnetaress
03-20-2021, 08:53 PM
image of my servant delivering my 20 lbs of corn chips and queso cheese to my house ....

ahhhhhhhh :eek::rolleyes:

Well thats a great way to survive the pandemic for about 4 weeks.

Kokkusho
03-20-2021, 11:56 PM
i will not be playing red2.0 -----

ill be playing wow clasic the burning crusade instead.

on my undead rogue

My red 2.0 toon is an undead warlock. It takes a severe amount of drugs to still think any sort of new red server is ever coming.

Soon™

Bhairava
03-21-2021, 04:22 AM
Soon™

Cwall 146.0
03-22-2021, 02:40 AM
It takes a severe amount of drugs to still think any sort of new red server is ever coming.

Raclen
03-22-2021, 10:45 AM
There was adequate population on red 1.0 for at least 2 years.

If any new red server comes out, you can expect at least that level of performance out of it. Especially as green gets stale and some folks want to try their hand at the next new server.

I stopped trying to decide what class I am going to choose in 1 or 2 or 10 years we'll just have to see how I'm feeling when the server comes out, and if I can even play.

Population on Red was around 20-30 people the first summer, like 6-7 months after launch. People didn't come back until Kunark because the server was in shit condition and the GMs were corrupt and awful. Red 99 could actually have a successful launch if they did a 2.0 but for some reason they gave up and just don't care.

Gustoo
03-22-2021, 11:36 AM
I don't recall that to be the case Raclen but I guess it did quiet down a bit beforek unark launch. The server was in shit condition with lots of problems even at this phase.

Raclen
03-22-2021, 12:51 PM
I don't recall that to be the case Raclen but I guess it did quiet down a bit beforek unark launch. The server was in shit condition with lots of problems even at this phase.

Well it definitely was. Banning one of the two end game guilds, having GMs like Amelinda taking money for requests from the start, exp loss on pvp deaths, guards not working correctly and I'm sure I'm missing some more caused the population to go from 400 to 20 in 6 months.

Most of the problems could have been fixed if there was 1 competent dev paying attention to the server. These other crap servers that open up fix things like guard assist or poorly thought out mechanics like exp loss on pvp death in 1 day. Red99 has always been a weird mix of good coding and the worst run box I have ever seen because it can piggy back off of the real project, blue. The people working on Red99 have always been trash and they never even had the power to make changes if they wanted to. Everything tangible has to go through Rogean and he doesn't care. The Rogean bottleneck to Red99 makes this server pointless with 0 hope.

Rogean decided Red99 was a mistake 20 minutes after it launched and he never looked back.

magnetaress
03-24-2021, 01:36 PM
I wish Rogean would tell us how he really feels about red. Feels like an absent father though. I already have enough father figure trauma.

Uuruk
03-24-2021, 04:40 PM
I wish Rogean would tell us how he really feels about red. Feels like an absent father though. I already have enough father figure trauma.

Stfu

Cwall 146.0
03-24-2021, 06:34 PM
Well it definitely was. Banning one of the two end game guilds, having GMs like Amelinda taking money for requests from the start, exp loss on pvp deaths, guards not working correctly and I'm sure I'm missing some more caused the population to go from 400 to 20 in 6 months.

Most of the problems could have been fixed if there was 1 competent dev paying attention to the server. These other crap servers that open up fix things like guard assist or poorly thought out mechanics like exp loss on pvp death in 1 day. Red99 has always been a weird mix of good coding and the worst run box I have ever seen because it can piggy back off of the real project, blue. The people working on Red99 have always been trash and they never even had the power to make changes if they wanted to. Everything tangible has to go through Rogean and he doesn't care. The Rogean bottleneck to Red99 makes this server pointless with 0 hope.

Rogean decided Red99 was a mistake 20 minutes after it launched and he never looked back.

this is entirely accurate except for the last part

rogean freaked out and released the server before it was ready because he couldn't handle interacting with the VZTZ crowd that slam dunked him off garage box lyfe years prior; he abandoned the box before it even launched

magnetaress
03-24-2021, 07:28 PM
Woa Uuruk.

https://i.imgur.com/ywkRqf7.jpg

Baler
03-24-2021, 07:29 PM
Troll Shaman Innoruuk

Robersonroger38
03-25-2021, 08:51 AM
They shoulda left the exp lose on PvP death, and the item loot on death . sounds like your one of the rainbow fairy’s ...

Raclen
03-25-2021, 10:39 AM
They shoulda left the exp lose on PvP death, and the item loot on death . sounds like your one of the rainbow fairy’s ...

I quit when there were 20-30 people left on the server because it was boring. I didn't quit because of exp loss on death but it did ruin a lot of pvp. I like item loot because there is a loss and a reward. I don't really like any mechanics that just offer negatives and no positives for PvP. It just discourages people from pvping. Meaning people quit or just avoid pvp by gating or plugging.

magnetaress
03-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Definitely druid. I just want to be everyone's battle buddy in the next life.

Jeni
03-29-2021, 02:18 PM
Assuming I am correct about my timeline red 2.0 will come out sometime in 2075 which will mean I will be either dead, have Alzheimer's, or shitting into a diaper. I will be picking the easiest class to play because I don't think I'll be capable of anything complicated.

Gustoo
03-29-2021, 02:29 PM
Tough call Jeni.

Maybe a wizard and just solo to 60 and enjoy those sweet long meditate times.

Use wrong teleport spell...get confused for days about where your character is lost at.

magnetaress
03-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Assuming I am correct about my timeline red 2.0 will come out sometime in 2075 which will mean I will be either dead, have Alzheimer's, or shitting into a diaper. I will be picking the easiest class to play because I don't think I'll be capable of anything complicated.

Tough call Jeni.

Maybe a wizard and just solo to 60 and enjoy those sweet long meditate times.

Use wrong teleport spell...get confused for days about where your character is lost at.

Already there. Everything is magic to me.

Tassador
04-03-2021, 12:07 PM
wow magnetaress not banned yet. the good drugs must be following #praise stimulus.

torr071
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM
hopin its gonna be a sullon zek ruleset. I never got to see what the tokens would buy.
tokens are way better btw, you (in theory) have control of what loot you eventually earn.
Sullon ended before I could get to a vendor, as the vendors were in home cities (i was an erudin wiz based out of rivervale fighting the good fight as a newt in Highpass).
Ill prolly go wiz or druid if sullon zek launches, if not, ill bet on the life expectancy of yet another eq ffa pvp server, 2 months.

Baler
04-03-2021, 12:44 PM
wow magnetaress not banned yet..

they were yesterday. :o

magnetaress
04-03-2021, 04:39 PM
they were yesterday. :o

Baler looking really sus