PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon Cancelled, discuss.

Penish
03-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Just kidding, 7 years in development and nothing to show for it. lol

Arvan
03-05-2021, 11:54 AM
Only partially fake news - they spent 7 years and 7 million+ dollars to create a short tech demo in order to secure funding to begin creating the game

Tunabros
03-05-2021, 12:49 PM
scared me for a sec

but damn, when the game gonna come out

Snortles Chortles
03-05-2021, 01:07 PM
never

magnetaress
03-05-2021, 02:35 PM
Brad lives in my dreams of becoming Firiona Vie.

Cannot kill that.

Uuruk
03-06-2021, 12:13 AM
Who was here when they offered in game rewards on p99 for funding it?

Shac
03-06-2021, 04:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8ZxdXT4.png

valithteezee
03-08-2021, 10:34 AM
It's very easy to be critical and judge a game and I should probably reserve my judgement until I play the game but a few things that I haven noticed with their direction seem unsettling.

Combat style: Maybe i've gotten too use to P99 but I enjoy the simple and elegant combat style of EQ with turn-based combat that isn't flashy and doesn't consist of clicking the mouse 1000 times a minute. I appreciate the way the text is displayed during combat on P99 with the classic EQ feel. Sure new animations with graphics can always add improvement but too much takes away from the elegance and simplicity of combat.

Combat Pace: The pace of the combat seems fast and non threatening. In classic EQ, a yellow mob or red mob might take a couple of minutes to kill. There was significant downtime after as you would be "licking your wounds" so to speak. If you were solo or in a group that didn't have it together you felt vulnerable sitting there medding. The challenging content (before it was mastered) would almost certainly end in a wipe if each class didn't know it's role or if they were playing behind the curve. As I'm watching the gameplay videos of pantheon I do not see any mass CC spells, root breaks, or otherwise random events that make combat fun and exciting. It just seems like they are churning through the mobs with zeal and ease. Maybe this is because dev's are max geared and know the ins-and-outs of the game because they designed it, but I think it's the overall feel they are going for these days.

Rock Climbing MMO: It just seems like they are placing so much emphasis on developing vertical scaling
that its turning the game into a rock climbing MMO. I see the potential for it to develop into some really neat ways to explore caves and such but it seems a bit forced. I think having the option to train skills on a "melee" class to scale rocks would be really neat and realistic. Does everyone need to rock climb to access content though? Maybe a caster could just levitate over the entire area or cast on a group mate to encourage grouping - and be done with it. It seems like a lot of effort has gone into crafting this rock climbing system but what real value does it add to the experience?

Perception system: Since they introduced the perception system it seems like a way to introduce a "on the rails" quest system without being overtly obvious with NPC's that give out quests. I'm sure there are some really neat nuances that they will develop but most of it seems like "You approach a river tinged with blood, maybe people in town will know more" I do not see how this adds to the adventurers experience... It reminds me a bit of the old diablo quests which while they were fun they were nothing of the complexity of EQ quests with their hidden elements and rich dialogue. I think EQ once again has one of the most challenging quest systems, I am amazed at how some of the quests were ever figured out to begin with.

Pantheon originally set out to be the spiritual successor to EQ and they have said they are not trying to just recreate classic EQ but create something fresh. While this sounds great for marketing, It's difficult for me to see the spiritual successor in pantheon in its current working state.

Penish
03-08-2021, 11:18 AM
No ones gonna read that wall of crap, lol fuck.

valithteezee
03-08-2021, 12:16 PM
I'm surprised you made it through 1st grade.

Barik
03-11-2021, 12:54 PM
I am not expecting anything from pantheon, if it releases great I will def try it, if it doesn’t /meh I wasn’t expecting anything anyway. I’ve pretty much resided myself to the only MMO’s that I’ll enjoy are one’s I’ve played on and off for years now (EQ, DAoC, Warhammer, etc.) Unless someone knows of a new fresh MMO that is holy trinity set up that I’m not aware of, I’d love to give a new MMO a try. Right now it’s mainly moba’s and FPS for me.

Viscere
03-15-2021, 11:14 AM
they are actively looking for funding

but even on that part, it's not looking great

Snortles Chortles
03-15-2021, 04:48 PM
vapoware
(LOL)

Tassador
03-15-2021, 08:21 PM
I'm surprised you made it through 1st grade.

Problem is keyword care. I also didn’t read that shit cause I don’t give a fuck about panther on the run or your shitty opinion on this panther game.

Hope this game never gets made just cause of this one asshole who posted some random bullshit here. Go play red99 forever kid.

Disease
03-16-2021, 03:20 PM
Problem is keyword care. I also didn’t read that shit cause I don’t give a fuck about panther on the run or your shitty opinion on this panther game.

Hope this game never gets made just cause of this one asshole who posted some random bullshit here. Go play red99 forever kid.

Cool man

Penish
03-16-2021, 05:16 PM
If you listen closely you can almost hear the drugs. lol

fallingstar
03-16-2021, 07:11 PM

I can see this guy must be a fan of Raid Shadow Legends.

Knuckle
03-17-2021, 09:39 AM
every few years i get excited and go to the website and look at race/classes. Then i realize ive been doing that every few years for like 8 years?

magnetaress
03-17-2021, 09:52 AM
Pantheon if it ever releases will be WoW 1.5

Then WoW 2.0 will drop.

valithteezee
04-04-2021, 02:37 PM

What. A. Psycho.

Knuckle
04-05-2021, 03:20 PM
I'll play a ranger or monk when it releases in 2030

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 03:32 PM
This thread gets me every time.

Tassador
04-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Yep cause this guy posting here like hey guys you think this game coming out maybe please?? Like fucking a man this is a forum to complain about red2.0 you fucking asshole take your shit hole game right to the toliet make an ecoli and go play games with it you silly fuck.

Snortles Chortles
04-06-2021, 10:50 PM
^^hey guys im still scared to reveal my red chars from 10 years ago
(LOL)

Tassador
04-07-2021, 11:15 AM
Linked to trump’s taxes they can’t be released for those purposes. Feels good that this game is not being made.

Bardp1999
04-08-2021, 03:29 AM
If this dumpster fire game ever releases it will not be as an MMORPG but as some sort of LAN party fuck fest that will allow like 5+ people into a "world" at a time.

The assholes who run this company have been living off kick starter money (nearly 10 million dollars) for the last 10 years. Good for them, you should feel like an asshole if you supported this game with $$$.

Snortles Chortles
04-15-2021, 10:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vx5M4Je.jpg

UrkTheSlayer
05-18-2021, 04:53 PM
Idk wtf you guys are talking about with “millions of dollars” but it’s public that the Kickstarter raised 460k or its 800k goal.

I’ve played it, it was radical.

Bisonzabi
06-09-2021, 01:26 AM
I'm still curious how Brad died. I mean obviously OD, but damn surprised not a soul came out to confirm it anonymously.

Jibartik
06-09-2021, 01:35 AM
is panthion really 7 years?

That's like star citizen, but instead of the most amazing looking game ive ever seen it's everquest 2.

Bisonzabi
06-11-2021, 10:02 PM

That's like star citizen, but instead of the most amazing looking game ive ever seen it's everquest 2.

I enjoyed EQ2 a lot during 06-2011 after it revamped lot of the bad convoluted elements at launch. Inon Zur's score from 2006-2013 was great.

Arvan
06-12-2021, 12:06 AM

Star citizen is even sadder, 9 years and hundreds of millions for just a basically unplayable tech demo and 10 new ships to buy every few months lol they really know how to separate fools from their wallets at least

Jibartik
06-12-2021, 12:13 AM
incredible tech demo that gets better and better and i have no problems waiting 30 years for.

Jibartik
06-12-2021, 12:14 AM
Also much love for panth just roasting it.

Arvan
06-12-2021, 12:15 AM
incredible tech demo that gets better and better and i have no problems waiting 30 years for.

Dont tell me you gave money to chris roberts lmao

Jibartik
06-12-2021, 12:24 AM
you dont have to give money to something to enjoy it capitalist!

Fatzo
07-05-2021, 03:29 AM
Just kidding, 7 years in development and nothing to show for it. lol

but but they did a monk video using content from 3-4 years ago just the other day.

(yes I got suckered in to this one too, got a few 100$ out of me)

starkind
07-26-2021, 01:02 AM
but but they did a monk video using content from 3-4 years ago just the other day.

(yes I got suckered in to this one too, got a few 100$ out of me)

Thanks for subsidizing the monk video (that probably also got ad revenue lol)

And that rly fun lore they wrote up.

Honestly, kinda seems like a game that's funner to read about in many ways than ever actually play.

Rick Sanchez
07-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Just reskin classic EQ ffs.

Nirgon
07-28-2021, 11:10 AM
Pantheon is on track and being developed

Imago
07-28-2021, 10:50 PM
Due date 2026

branamil
07-28-2021, 11:58 PM
lesbihonest... if it were gonna happen.. it would've happened

JayDee
07-30-2021, 08:34 PM
I don't see a reason for them to actually release the game. Just keep stringing people along until the donation well is dry. Then go your separate ways and start a new crowd funding campaign.

I stopped following once they came forward about the spaghetti code, basically admitting that years of work was all for not. Hoping they turn it around. Joppa seems like a good guy and Brad was the goat.

Nirgon
08-01-2021, 07:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/V7PQ7Kx.png

see you on the pvp server

Fatzo
08-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Honestly, kinda seems like a game that's funner to read about in many ways than ever actually play.

Very true comment. The idea of a new EQ like game sounds good but by the time this thing releases if ever it won't have an impact at all.

Nirgon
08-05-2021, 09:49 AM
Nah it will be immersive

Skarne
08-05-2021, 09:53 AM
Nah it will be immersive

you hope

Nirgon
08-05-2021, 10:38 AM
I've seen some of the systems and the classes

The goal of this thing is immersion as it should be

Jibartik
08-05-2021, 10:46 AM
Im glad they changed the name to new world.

JayDee
08-06-2021, 10:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/V7PQ7Kx.png

see you on the pvp server

I don't see any player testimonials about their "whopping" 31 hours of alpha testing

derpcake2
08-07-2021, 03:46 AM
I don't see any player testimonials about their "whopping" 31 hours of alpha testing

You think the multi-billionaires that bought early access have time for that?

They might discuss it while at Obama's party but that's it.

JayDee
08-11-2021, 12:32 AM
You think the multi-billionaires that bought early access have time for that?

With all due respect, you would have to pay me to test the things I've seen. They have been doing the same dungeon for years. Everywhere else has been a very small 500 x 500 meter area like fairthale and the half assed plane of sky island.

I will play as soon as purchasing the game allows for early access just cause I love Brad and Joppa seems like he has 1 quantity of care