PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Soloing - Level 57 - Ez Static Camp?

Knuckle
03-02-2021, 03:47 PM
I have a Rogue with average planar grade classic gear + epic at level 57 in Velious era.

Has anyone found an area where a rogue could solo a mob even a "dark green" in a realistic manner?

I don't mind if its inefficient or a long respawn, just haven't found a spot I could afk grind while working to slowly climb up the leveling ladder solo.

Tunabros
03-02-2021, 03:54 PM
good luck with that

Cecily
03-02-2021, 06:17 PM
Do you use poison, Knuckle? Spine Break is your friend now. 50% slow and root for like 30 sec. When I deleveled Cecily and fought my way back up with full gear, I was dropping dark blues with that poison in KC no problem. Soloed Hangnail once! That was a close fight. Used nimble to get a second Spine Break applied and lived with like 100 hp. Anyways, it's good. Will definitely boost your options.

Easy to make and vendor bought. I'd carry 80+ shots worth of combines with you and make them as you go.

Knuckle
03-02-2021, 09:54 PM
Do you use poison, Knuckle? Spine Break is your friend now. 50% slow and root for like 30 sec. When I deleveled Cecily and fought my way back up with full gear, I was dropping dark blues with that poison in KC no problem. Soloed Hangnail once! That was a close fight. Used nimble to get a second Spine Break applied and lived with like 100 hp. Anyways, it's good. Will definitely boost your options.

Easy to make and vendor bought. I'd carry 80+ shots worth of combines with you and make them as you go.

yeah I carry spinebreak, just not sure if that's the best solution for an afk grind style, sounds like lengthy kills, but might try that in the off hours!

Muggens
03-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Cecily knows. And you can sideswipe frontstab a rooted mob

Robersonroger38
03-03-2021, 07:41 AM
I have a Rogue with average planar grade classic gear + epic at level 57 in Velious era.

Has anyone found an area where a rogue could solo a mob even a "dark green" in a realistic manner?

I don't mind if its inefficient or a long respawn, just haven't found a spot I could afk grind while working to slowly climb up the leveling ladder solo.

Barbarian guards in ever frost are dark green to you at this level, and fairly easy. There are 3 single guards. if you zone out of blackburrow and head toward permafrost you’ll run into them.

Layne
03-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Working on a new rogue twink hopefully here in the future when I get the plats. Came across this might be dated though and not applicable with changes in game now.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271591&highlight=Rogue+solo+spots

Knuckle
03-03-2021, 12:21 PM
great tips everyone, currently testing an unmentioned area PM'd to me, can confirm I am receiveing dark blue exps, but slow timers. definitely gonna check out them EF guards eventually.

Layne
03-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Feel free to pm me your list if you want :) of spots you hit up along your journey I will be starting at level 1

Muggens
03-03-2021, 04:01 PM
I have a new rogue twink(i also have lvl 60 rog, but i enjoy the class so going at it again) hes only lvl 20 something atm, not playing much, but my route so far has been: Bone Chips - CB Belts - Oasis(train up skills) - Gorge - Runnyeye

Knuckle
03-03-2021, 04:20 PM
i actually played during epic MQ era was given a ragebringer + fungi and grinded to 55 before fungi was returned. its been hell with the nerfs to indimidate. getting almost soloed by level 40 everfrost guards as a 57 rogue, even with epic.

Gustoo
03-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Do you use poisons?

Knuckle
03-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Do you use poisons?

im actually starting to get some success with intimidate and reduced dmg taken by 50% on these lower level mobs, EF guards seem to be working and fit perfectly with my work, just wish someone had a ikky bp or fungi for loan. might be able to buy iksar regen outright if the price is right.

Knuckle
03-03-2021, 05:33 PM
we doing it boys. this also includes some serious downtime traveling locations and determining optimal afk grind spot.

Robersonroger38
03-03-2021, 07:24 PM
When those EF guards turn light green , qeynos barbarian bank guards till 60
These are much harder , recommend root nets to heal if they get some hard doubles.

That is if you don’t mind screwing qeynos bank faction��

Snaggles
03-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Congrats :)

Progress is a slow moving beast. You will get there in due time! Time locked servers are great for that.

Gustoo
03-03-2021, 08:10 PM
I can probably begrudge loan you the rubi BP right off my back

Layne
03-03-2021, 08:25 PM
Congrats :)

Progress is a slow moving beast. You will get there in due time! Time locked servers are great for that.

I can relate to this, my mage has a birthday of Oct 09 and just hit 52 this morning...

Think I should be put on a record list for longest occasionally active player w/o a level 60.

If you see a Layne out there these days though thats not me cause I lost the name during the purge, still bitter not sure I will ever get a bard going now.:(

Gustoo
03-03-2021, 08:57 PM
I doubt it. I have been keeping gustoo at 59 so that I have something that I can go earn alone still when its a ghost town haha.

Knuckle
03-05-2021, 04:01 PM
update, accidentily afk'd while self buffing and died, losing 300% of the xp gained. camped out until i can buy a 96 rez on red

Layne
03-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Did I read somewhere on these forums red allows boxing now?

Edit: also bummer bro

Gustoo
03-05-2021, 04:43 PM
No- some guys are trolling.

Knuckle PM me if you need a rez still

Where are you dead pal I can log on and help you out.

MikeXG
03-09-2021, 11:49 AM
When those EF guards turn light green , qeynos barbarian bank guards till 60
These are much harder , recommend root nets to heal if they get some hard doubles.

That is if you don’t mind screwing qeynos bank faction��

Do you need to worry about social agro from the caster guild or guards in the city, is this only the Qeynos bank faction? Thanks

Robersonroger38
03-15-2021, 03:46 PM
Do you need to worry about social agro from the caster guild or guards in the city, is this only the Qeynos bank faction? Thanks

Casters or qeynos guards want Bother you, the other Barb guard inside will if your to close. Pretty sure it’s only for qeynos bank faction.

Knuckle
04-02-2021, 04:57 PM
I have to say the Barbarian guards at my current equipment level are a dice roll, sometimes I can intim proc a few times and finish at 40-50%. Other times I am literally hauling ass 1/3 of the zone away to bind wound kite them to death. Kinda sucked my energy out of this. There is another camp I tested however the odds of XP are as dice roll as beating these EF guards lol. Will try to get inspired to resume but this stuffs unpleasant in moderate classic gear + epic.

ScottBerta
04-04-2021, 11:35 PM
I remember watching Cecily solo Captain camp in Seb. Was very impressive.

loramin
04-05-2021, 10:55 AM
I remember watching Cecily solo Captain camp in Seb. Was very impressive.

I've only seen Cecily in Seb a few times ... but every time was impressive. She knows both that zone, and how to play her character, very well.

Cecily
04-05-2021, 03:33 PM
<3

Much love for what OP is doing. Pushing the limits of what rogues "can't do" was what made the game fun.

7thGate
05-01-2021, 09:27 AM
My "solo spot" was Shardwing Courier in West Wastes. Before the root net nerf, I could solo it with spine breaks at 59 and pretty decent gear by netting to reapply. After the root net nerf, I needed to bow kite with snare poison.

Its a whole production to kill one, but the quest turnin is worth like ~7 blue con kills worth of XP, so its not bad.

The other spot was to kite a giant from the fort in GD into the dwarves by Thurg entrance. Once it beats its way through 3-5 coldain and is down to ~10%, finish it.

Skarne
05-01-2021, 09:44 AM
I can relate to this, my mage has a birthday of Oct 09 and just hit 52 this morning...

Think I should be put on a record list for longest occasionally active player w/o a level 60.

If you see a Layne out there these days though thats not me cause I lost the name during the purge, still bitter not sure I will ever get a bard going now.:(

I was here first

Snooze ya lose

Robersonroger38
05-18-2021, 08:07 AM
Ran into a mage the other night killing 4 npc’s in HHK , he was almost 59 , the necro in jail, captain on top of balcony when zone into hhk, the wizard lady on second floor she has a PH though so doesn’t spawn every time, and the monk on 4th floor which has a PH also. Thing is with this route is he was making plat the whole time!
I didn’t check back with him or not whether he continued after 59 , he was 50% in to almost 59 . I’ve killed everyone of this mob with my 56 rogue .
Figured I’d throw this out there for any daredevil solo’ers

Cheers!

derpcake2
06-13-2021, 04:45 AM
Dyrna Nlith in HHK would probably be a good target.

Only 2k hp, and since she casts she can be backstabbed.