View Full Version : my toes are cold

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 01:54 PM
looking for advice. plz halp 🥺

tyx

loramin
03-02-2021, 01:55 PM
Melon is back (in my favorite incarnation)! :D

EDIT: Actually it looks like you've been back a month now and I just didn't notice any of your posts. In any case, welcome back, and good luck with the toes (mine are cold too, but I'm about to go jogging to warm them up ... maybe try that?)

BlackBellamy
03-02-2021, 02:19 PM
I would see a doctor, like if your toes are cold normally you put on socks or increase the heat, but if you're here on an internet forum that means you're smart and have tried all that already.

My guess diabetes or some kind of withering. Have it checked out!

Jibartik
03-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Yeah, we're all getting to that age playing a 20 year old game and posting on forums like its 1992, that maybe the best advice we can give each other for anything like this is, time to go see a doctorb.

If you sit a lot, it could just be circulation, but it may be nerve pinching issues that are building up! I recently had to transition to a standing desk, because my whole shoulder went dead numb 2 months ago from a pinched nerve caused by bad posture.

Either that or any minuet an alien is going to burst out of my chest.

But the lesson learned was, I am no longer an immortal youth. :(

HalflingSpergand
03-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Prescription : Go to gas station amd get 1 half gallon of gasoline, set your lower torso on fire and then smash your burnt toe with a 20 pound hammer . That ought fix it

Bardp1999
03-02-2021, 02:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1amPVaN.jpg

Tunabros
03-02-2021, 02:48 PM
put on socks =O

Snortles Chortles
03-02-2021, 02:50 PM
didn't notice any of your posts

zodium
03-02-2021, 02:50 PM
heat up a hot water bag and put ur feet on it

Jibartik
03-02-2021, 03:09 PM
if u poop in your socks, you can put them on and it stays warm for a little bit.

Bearsnowls
03-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Hi Melon. I get you! My toes, fingers, tops of my hands, and nose are always cold in the wintertime. I have that weird bloodflow condition where I'm always cold. It's a hard life. My boyfriend pitches a fit that I have my apartment at like 75 degrees all of the time in the winter! I notice that layers work for me, as well as thick socks and warm shoes. I really dig the bombas socks, the thick wool ones they make. https://bombas.com/ .. If you're a woman, Uggs make really comfortable boots. I think they make men uggs too, I dont know. I prefer the boot look, and not really the fluffy popular ones.

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Melon is back (in my favorite incarnation)! :D

EDIT: Actually it looks like you've been back a month now and I just didn't notice any of your posts. In any case, welcome back, and good luck with the toes (mine are cold too, but I'm about to go jogging to warm them up ... maybe try that?)

Thank you! ^^ I haven’t posted much. I do jumping jacks on the regular, but have not tried jogging. I hope it is enjoyable!

I would see a doctor, like if your toes are cold normally you put on socks or increase the heat, but if you're here on an internet forum that means you're smart and have tried all that already.

My guess diabetes or some kind of withering. Have it checked out!

Oh gosh, I hope that is not the case and I suspect it is not. Although my feet are socked and shoed ��

Yeah, we're all getting to that age playing a 20 year old game and posting on forums like its 1992, that maybe the best advice we can give each other for anything like this is, time to go see a doctorb.

If you sit a lot, it could just be circulation, but it may be nerve pinching issues that are building up! I recently had to transition to a standing desk, because my whole shoulder went dead numb 2 months ago from a pinched nerve caused by bad posture.

Either that or any minuet an alien is going to burst out of my chest.

But the lesson learned was, I am no longer an immortal youth. :(

I do actually sit lots. It is an unfortunate consequence of my work, altho I do have the option of standing and I am doing that more too.

Prescription : Go to gas station amd get 1 half gallon of gasoline, set your lower torso on fire and then smash your burnt toe with a 20 pound hammer . That ought fix it

��

https://i.imgur.com/1amPVaN.jpg

��

put on socks =O

��✊

I haven’t poasted much ��*♀️

heat up a hot water bag and put ur feet on it

That actually sounds delightful. I may try this ^^

if u poop in your socks, you can put them on and it stays warm for a little bit.

����*♀️

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Hi Melon. I get you! My toes, fingers, tops of my hands, and nose are always cold in the wintertime. I have that weird bloodflow condition where I'm always cold. It's a hard life. My boyfriend pitches a fit that I have my apartment at like 75 degrees all of the time in the winter! I notice that layers work for me, as well as thick socks and warm shoes. I really dig the bombas socks, the thick wool ones they make. https://bombas.com/ .. If you're a woman, Uggs make really comfortable boots. I think they make men uggs too, I dont know. I prefer the boot look, and not really the fluffy popular ones.

Thank youuuuuu <3 It is hard, ain’t it? I hadn’t thought about my nose being cold until you mentioned it, but it is too! All the time D: I will check out your sock suggestion. I like boots too, but I am generally most cold at work and boots don’t really work well for work. Now that I think about it, I do do layers at home. Maybe I should find a way of doing that better at work too 🤔

Cecily
03-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Raynaud's phenomenon.

https://i.imgur.com/fNpORg9.jpg

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 03:31 PM
Raynaud's phenomenon.

Woah. Did not know that exists O: I generally do not change color like that tho. At least I don’t think I do 🤔

Bardp1999
03-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Hey Lulz what do you do when your extremities go numb from your type 2 diabetes, maybe Melon can adopt some of your techniques???

HalflingSpergand
03-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Related informational reading assignment https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://americanenglish.state.gov/files/ae/resource_files/to-build-a-fire.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjIpae6rZLvAhXUoFsKHRCdAgkQFjAOegQIEBAC&usg=AOvVaw0Eyh51aSnG_ylaHR1jCGtW

Bearsnowls
03-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Raynaud's phenomenon.

https://i.imgur.com/fNpORg9.jpg

Yep, that's the one. It really sucks. Also, Melon.. Ugg has some good work-appropriate flats that you can wear. They're cool with boots at my school, so I wear them alot.

Cecily
03-02-2021, 03:54 PM
I think I have it too. My toes will go numb / cold in a painful way if I get overexposed to the cold and stay like that for 30 mins. Not sure I've ever seen the full on blue color though.

magnetaress
03-02-2021, 03:56 PM
Cut em off. Sorta like srs. But for toes.

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 10:35 PM
I willl have a look at the ugg flats, ty bears ^^

But I will not remove my toes, Mae!!

Muggens
03-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Go walking, its better/healthier than jogging/running!

If youre in bed and toes get cold, rotate the blanket 180 to warm up the bottom part of it with your torso, then rotate back

Try using toe-spacers and wiggle your toes to make em more active

Try yoga or judo, activities that will help your toes to activate

imperiouskitten
03-03-2021, 12:53 AM
find someone with warm legs and steal their heat ruthlessly like Stalin

magnetaress
03-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Yeah all of these ^^

Circulation. :)

Make sure ur not pinching off blood flow, I sometimes do that if I lean on an ankle.

Regular activity helps with circulation. Do foot massages. Roll warm stones around them or use an object and feel it with your feet. Learn proper barefoot walking, posture, running. Walk around on different surfaces, not just a hard flat floor.

Do some light exercises in place like gentle jumps on the balls of ur feet.

https://i.imgur.com/24kg3Mv.jpg

Mead
03-03-2021, 10:52 PM
I like to wait for threads to mature to assess the genuity of it. Although you've always seemed pretty genuine, I'm always skeptical. I like the recommendations tho (not being sarcastic).

If you're actually looking for some answers as to why this is happening, you might not find them. Get some labs done (cbc, a1c, thyroid, test, etc.). Just get some simple labs done (if you haven't). If you have, that's what I mean by why you might not find answers. Like the gut, it's complex.

ff you can get by by the recommendations to stay comfortable, do so. If you want to DM me about this you're more than welcome to.

Cecily
03-03-2021, 11:24 PM
Got my a1c checked today. Pray for me.

Mead
03-04-2021, 12:51 AM
Got my a1c checked today. Pray for me.

praying for you my love

even though you called me a sociopath (lol)

I'm a psychopath that love trannies

Snortles Chortles
03-04-2021, 01:03 AM
weird flex but ok

Cecily
03-07-2021, 11:04 PM
praying for you my love

even though you called me a sociopath (lol)

I'm a psychopath that love trannies
I don't remember saying that / thinking that. And good b/c I feel safer around psychopaths.

Thanks! Clinic taking their sweet time to post these labs.

magnetaress
03-08-2021, 09:29 AM
Fasting fixes a1c

Just don't overdo it.

Mead
03-11-2021, 04:23 AM
I don't remember saying that / thinking that. And good b/c I feel safer around psychopaths.

Thanks! Clinic taking their sweet time to post these labs.

I’ve always supported you despite our in game differences you have no idea about

imperiouskitten
03-11-2021, 04:46 AM
I don't think ur a psychopath Mead, you seemed affected by covid. No, I reckon you're a good old-fashioned sexual sadist (aka gr8)

magnetaress
03-11-2021, 07:43 AM
Mead definitely can empathize, and sympathize.