PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Mem blur failure causes initial aggro

Darkintellect
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Memory Blur line of spells when cast on an unaggroed mob, causes the mob to aggro the Enchanter. This was NEVER the case in Live and is odd for the purpose of the spell. Thanks so much for any attention to this minor, although annoying bug.

guineapig
05-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I can't recall ever casting a blur on a mob that isn't aggroed. In what context would you even want to do this?

Not disagreeing with you about it possibly being a bug but just curious.

Rais
05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I recall doing this back in August when I first started playing. I know mem blur wasn't working for the longest time, and people had made posts about it.

Back on live, mem blur had no agro. It had a high chance of wiping agro totally. People on Veeshan (the hard core aholes) would run around with a enchanter, mem blur and do a final nuke on a mob people were killing and get the kill. Happened tons in lower guk.

You could in essence spam mem blur on a mob, and attain no agro. It was a wonderful tool to help pulling/splitting if timed right.

Warrior agros 2, kiting it around in the pathing lane. Enchanter mem blurs 1, it stops running and agro only stays on 1 npc.

On p99, if you cast mem blur on a non agro mob (not agro on you), you will get on the haste list. It shouldn't be so. I tried to save someone when they agroed too many dwarves at the docks in bb. Needless to say, my brand new self was wrecked. I had no idea what happend, till I played with mem blur some more.

Short Version: Mem Blur shouldn't put you on the agro list. Yes it can fail, but it should not cause any hate list agro at all, even on a fail.

guineapig
05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
@Rais, I agree with you that it should not add you to the agro list.

I disagree with your attempt to save someone via memblur alone. Unless you have already split the mob you want to "de-agro" from the pack it's not going to do a damn thing because he will instantly re-assist his buddies via the social agro radius rule.
It's best to mez/blur it a good distance away. This of course is all besides the point.

Rais
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
It always depended on the distance between mobs. I don't mean for you to be able to do it while they are stacked. Split up yes with distance inbetween.

Give me a little credit at understanding mechanics of npc agro !:)

guineapig
05-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry, well in any case it's a bump for the topic

Back on point:
Memory Blur line of spells when cast on an unaggroed mob, causes the mob to aggro the Enchanter. This was NEVER the case in Live and is odd for the purpose of the spell. Thanks so much for any attention to this minor, although annoying bug.

Darkintellect
05-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks much for the attention guys.