PDA

View Full Version : I cooked my egg, spinach, and kale.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 10:58 AM
Without oil or fats today.

It tasted better and I didn't instantly have to run to the bathroom after eating.

Get completely wrektfukted.

P.s. I prefer amish butter as a source of fat when needed.

P.p.s. I know fats are necessary. And can be healthy.

P.p.p.s. don't change my mind.

Mead
02-21-2021, 11:08 AM
You're getting fats but mostly cholesterol if you're eating a whole egg. I only mention this because you didn't specify egg whites.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 11:16 AM
You're getting fats but mostly cholesterol if you're eating a whole egg. I only mention this because you didn't specify egg whites.

Better that then hydrogenated oil. I knew I would get some fat and cholesterol from the egg. They are locally sourced from good peeps tho.

Like I said, fat is healthy and necessary, it's probably the best source available, and 1 egg every few days is fine.

Mead
02-21-2021, 11:20 AM
I've seen some of your posts about this new diet but I haven't really been able to keep up. What's your goal here?

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:18 PM
I've seen some of your posts about this new diet but I haven't really been able to keep up. What's your goal here?

Reduce inflammation.

Eat more minerals and vitamins.

Lose weight.

Have a sick digestive system. I've got all the stress, fibromyalgiac symptoms. A lot of my food goes undigested. It's been a little better since I stopped overeating and fast food. But its not really improved much in two weeks.

I know exactly what I need to do. What I need is to stay the course. I'm the healthiest most frugal person I know and I have read books and watched days of nutritional information.

I have serious issues that need to be addressed outside of my diet which lead to self harm, then binge eating stuff like pizza until I just fall asleep.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:23 PM
My body definitely can tell the difference between amish and "great value" brand foods.

It's better to just do without then waste food and put more stress on my body.

Cholesterol and lipids, sugars, ach or whatever blood tests all come back great when I'm choosing my own diet carefully.

When I lived alone I was a very healthy cut clean individual.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:29 PM
My goal isn't to eternally fast forever. It's an emergency response and stop on self harming food.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:49 PM
If I had fresh oil i wouldn't cook with it, but would season with it.

If I raised my own animals I'd render their fat.

If there was a trustworthy butcher selling old fat once happy really free range chickens I'd render those guys into fat for roux.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Got to make do, but I draw the line at frying in Great Value oil and butter. At least I'll die free.

Snortles Chortles
02-21-2021, 12:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AbS6lHE.gif

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 12:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AbS6lHE.gif

Good one. 👏.

Mead
02-21-2021, 01:06 PM
I want to start this off by saying I'm very pro eating healthy. That means the necessary calories, organic foods, adequate vitamins, minerals, fiber, and probiotics.

But I've always preached sustainability. And I truly believe that diet sustainability is created by trialing extreme diets, as I have tried just about every diet there is out there. You can read about all of these theoretical diets and what they claim to do. But actually going through the grueling process (for many) of the diet helps you understand the difficulty and most times makes you look into why you're doing it / is it actually worth it? Ultimately, most reasonable people come to the conclusion that any one of these strict diets is either unsustainable or just not as healthy as theorized.

Gastrointestinal diseases processes / disruption in your microbiome are a whole other complexity. And one thing you will have to realize is that if you actually have something seriously wrong with your gut, many times it's not an easy thing to fix by just modifying your diet.

My point in all of this is try these diets, see what works for you, and find a good healthy balance. Not just physically but mentally. The mental diet game is most of the battle. And doing extreme diets can be very difficult. But once you truly start to become educated on every aspect of nutrition and things become clear, it makes life so much easier.

magnetaress
02-21-2021, 01:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oBHwhsE.jpg

Me at the peak of my health. Providing for my own food.

It was sustainable. I kept it up over a year.. The suicide attempts did me in though and I eventually tried to kill myself with starvation.

I'm trying not to.