PDA

View Full Version : Anyone leveling?

reebit32
02-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Anyone want to group together?? I'm a level 18 Iskar Necro currently slaying in Kurns tower but will travel to group! My ign is Sovyn ( 4 Ranger ) / Sovyntv (18 Necro )

Tewaz
02-19-2021, 02:54 PM
No one is leveling bud, I'm sorry.

Icetech
02-19-2021, 03:14 PM
I am leveling. but only lvl 2 right now... playing at work as i get time...

Snortles Chortles
02-19-2021, 06:42 PM
my condolences

Dulu
02-19-2021, 09:28 PM
Anyone want to group together?? I'm a level 18 Iskar Necro currently slaying in Kurns tower but will travel to group! My ign is Sovyn ( 4 Ranger ) / Sovyntv (18 Necro )

Hey man, it may be hard to find groups to level with on Red at this stage in its life cycle.

We have a new server starting soon, it's going to be a classic "teams" pvp server, you are welcome to join the discord and find a guild/group to play with for when it starts.

https://discord.gg/Q73bcPHP

Icetech
02-20-2021, 09:45 AM
Hey man, it may be hard to find groups to level with on Red at this stage in its life cycle.

We have a new server starting soon, it's going to be a classic "teams" pvp server, you are welcome to join the discord and find a guild/group to play with for when it starts.

any idea on when "soon" is? just curious since i came to red yesterday, hate to lvl a toon just to leave in 2 weeks..

reebit32
02-20-2021, 03:29 PM

I thought that was Speculation? I didnt know it was an actual thing.

EatitNerd
02-20-2021, 05:51 PM

Lol a box ran by a 19 year old, gangsta box will end badly, I predict 70ish at launch and ~30 by the end of the first month and that might be optimistic. Everyone knows his track record and it’s not good. Hard pass on this one

regandna
02-21-2021, 10:58 AM
I was also thinking about trying out Red, and then I read this. Great community guys!

raski
02-21-2021, 12:14 PM
<Salt> is lvling toons all the time

Gustoo
02-21-2021, 12:32 PM
I was also thinking about trying out Red, and then I read this. Great community guys!

One was guys trying to recruit you to his different non project 1999 emulated server.

Most people who love Everquest PVP have been begging staff here for a server restart or refresh or alternate server for over 5 years.

The red server today is still the place I would play everquest though. On blue and green most all camps are psycopath locked down camps and there is no way for you to ever contest them. On red you can do what you want and you can join the best raiding guild on the server quite easily if you are not a maniac yourself and they will probably be happy to have new blood.

It isn't the PVP server that I want, but its still the best way to play everquest on 2-21-21 IMO. Being project 1999 means it won't get abandoned. They will do something for it if only merging it with a new fresh PVP server once that server goes through its time line or something.

The forums will always give you a bad idea of actual community. Go play and see.

Vertiggo
02-21-2021, 01:14 PM
I'm loving right now currently 28 cleric but I'm gonna start a necro today I thinks

Icetech
02-22-2021, 08:25 AM
Enjoy the necro :) I may work on my chanter today (only lvl 4... it's soo slow)

desuka
02-22-2021, 12:07 PM
I just started on Red a few days ago and have also started a necro. Currently up to level 20. I've seen you around in Kurns but you've always been red con... maybe I finally caught up? Down to duo any time... Name is "Itriedred."

magnetaress
02-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Because exp is so boosted before 45 here. Its a bit tricky to level up with people.

The alternative is to look for other lowbies and see if you can hang out and help them up into your exp range. Best way to make friends.

Icetech
02-22-2021, 02:03 PM
boosted? it feels sooo slow... but i am old and weak :)

pivo
02-22-2021, 08:36 PM

Well, compared with green or blue, XP is faster. But generally EQ is grindy game. If you find someone to group with, you will see XP will be even faster. Plus pet can't steal XP :-)

Icetech
02-23-2021, 08:09 AM
Well, compared with green or blue, XP is faster. But generally EQ is grindy game. If you find someone to group with, you will see XP will be even faster. Plus pet can't steal XP :-)

yeah, i played eq for like 12 years at release, i just don't have it in me anymore.. plus i shouldn't have started as a DE.. nektulous is my hell :)

Uuruk
02-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Lol a box ran by a 19 year old, gangsta box will end badly, I predict 70ish at launch and ~30 by the end of the first month and that might be optimistic. Everyone knows his track record and it’s not good. Hard pass on this one

yeah, but lets sit on the forums where the GM's banned people, stripped their toons and sold their items and other shit.

Penish
02-23-2021, 10:25 AM
Anyone leveling on a sub 30 pop server? Durrrhurhurhrurhurhruhrurhruhrurhruhrurhr. Holy fuck lol.

Icetech
02-23-2021, 10:32 AM
well.. leveling on red feels like that right now.. but the people are SUPER nice.. :)

Knuckle
02-23-2021, 11:10 AM

The addicts are convinced this is instant 60 here.

Icetech
02-23-2021, 11:25 AM
The addicts are convinced this is instant 60 here.

well. if you are twinked im sure it's fun.. as it is right now i'm sitting for mana more than 'm killing

Gustoo
02-23-2021, 11:31 AM
That won’t change with a normal sit to med class.

Exp definitely boosted.

magnetaress
02-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Yeah. I solo a lot. Prefer red to green for this reason. Green is so slow lol.

pivo
02-23-2021, 02:18 PM
Anyone leveling on a sub 30 pop server? Durrrhurhurhrurhurhruhrurhruhrurhruhrurhr. Holy fuck lol.

Yes I do and I love it. There are actually few more players at prime time. That number drops when outside of prime time. Which is good, you can go to more dangerous areas, where PvP does happen and get some important items less likely to be attacked.

I ran into several other players, that are new to the server. I ran into one today.

I have two character and I will start third one. When I have a little free time, I log in and
I (solo) play. There are just enough players to have some interaction. And to get help when you need it, if you are in the guild.

I like it better than Blue or Green and I have characters (albeit all are low levels) on all three. But yes, for some it may be too lonely. In my case, being the only one in the zone means I'm safe lol

Icetech
02-23-2021, 02:31 PM
Pivo, i feel the same way.. the people have been awesome on red..

Uuruk
02-23-2021, 07:38 PM
30 pop velious server is healthy and thriving apparently

Icetech
02-24-2021, 08:15 AM
That won’t change with a normal sit to med class.

Exp definitely boosted.

Actually... did change.. i forgot to put a point into meditate... slight difference in meg time now :) I thought med was like lvl 10 or 15.. i didn't expect it at 4..

Tassador
02-24-2021, 08:47 AM
30 pop velious server is healthy and thriving apparently

I mean do you read the responses? It’s like I know there is 30 people but at times there is more and it also allows me to do stuff without pvp.

Pretty sure if people were playing and pvping the 30 present would not be playing... the problem with people who like pvp playing they already did for years here don’t know why it’s so impossible understand that the mechanics of a pvp server do not work like a non-pvp dress up community server.

magnetaress
02-24-2021, 08:53 AM
I mean do you read the responses? It’s like I know there is 30 people but at times there is more and it also allows me to do stuff without pvp.

Pretty sure if people were playing and pvping the 30 present would not be playing... the problem with people who like pvp playing they already did for years here don’t know why it’s so impossible understand that the mechanics of a pvp server do not work like a non-pvp dress up community server.

Yellow text happens every day on red you trigger happy adrenaline junkie.