PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Guard

viscompt
05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Freedom Guard is a guild originally from the live Povar server. While retaining the same name, I have created it here on P1999 as a very small guild of family oriented folk preferably 40+yrs or older and their family members. We believe in good hard work, honour/fairness/helpfullness and plain old fun. We are not a raiding guild...we are lucky if we remember which spell is what and which direction we are going. But...we do know the game and we do have fun levelling our alts, doing tradeskills/questing and levelling...all through good hard effort, some close knit friends and without the clamour of the drug references and the raiding push.

If this guild sounds like something you might be interested in...leave a message here and visit our guild website www.freedomguard.guildlaunch.com for an application and more info!

FrisbyStout
05-23-2011, 11:47 PM
count me in .... we talked in game ...

Frisby Stout

gprater
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
This sounds like what I need. BTW, I believe after talking to a friend about this last night, that your main and my main are in the same current guild. I would love to move some alts to this idea of a guild. Since I know your mains name ill try and locate you tonight on that toon or callous.

thanks

Seeatee
05-24-2011, 12:43 PM
this sounds very interesting to me, I definitely have some interest in putting an alt or 2 of mine into this guild.

Magnas119
05-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Please count me in, talked to you in game on Arcayne. My wife and I will both join for some fun:)

viscompt
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Please count me in, talked to you in game on Arcayne. My wife and I will both join for some fun:)

Got our guild tag! Will be in EC later this eve if you would like an invite!

kittarae
05-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Saw the guild name, and my heart skipped! I'm from povar also, and I had some wonderful memories with FG players. One of my fave girlfriends was a female gnome cleric in FG, I wish I could remember her name!!! Looking forward to reconnecting.. will try to find you in game!

I played as.. kittarae, kitrath, kitrul, kitfox

Seeatee
05-29-2011, 08:39 AM
1. a couple of the tags on this tread are just sad, and I am sure the people who made them even sadder.

2. I moved both of my characters to this guild, and so far I really love the whole vibe of it, a tight group of solid, friendly players made up less Immature folks.

if anyone has any interest at all in this type of environment, older more mature players, no pressure to raid, love alts, and enjoy just hanging out talking / grouping / experiencing the game with a tight knit group of folks, I STRONGLY recommend checking it out.

Trapp
05-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Thumbs up for Callous ! ;)

viscompt
06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Thumbs up for Callous ! ;)

Thanks Jander! BTW...havent seen online the past few days!

For all looking at this thread...we love alts! :) There is no rush to level your toons...do it at your pace and level the toon that you feel like that day. You are most welcome to group as a guild and it is most encouraged...but solowork is also just as ok. Some classes/people enjoy soloing and after a hard day at work dont want the work of doing a "job" in a group and prefer to keep to their own company. Whether grouped or not...guildchat is where we keep closely knit!

Nox
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Just thought I'd stop in to say hello...

Seeatee
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
bump!

we got a really great core of people, now we are just looking for more like minded folks looking to kick back and have some fun!

:cool:

emt_24
06-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey Everyone, this looks like the kind of guild I am interested in joining. As soon as I can find a Titanium set to install EQ, I'd love to join if you'd have me. I'm 33 in RL, cumulative I've played EQ for 5 or so years. I'm mostly a casual player and laid back.

Seeatee
06-10-2011, 08:37 AM
we would love to have you! once you get in game look up callous, frisby, or finxter ( or anyone in the guild and ask if one of those 3 is on an alt )

:cool:

ogrelord
06-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Just recieved my invite last night. I play a 25th level ogre warrior and currently do not have any alts. I like long strolls on the beach and quiet din....oh wait, wrong thread. My play time is a little speratic but i am usually on 3-4 nights a week. I do tend to rp my ogre, other then that i just like to have fun and bash things. Please do not hesitate to look me up ingame if you are in need of help on a quest etc. During the week i usually only play 1-2 hours, on the weekend i try to pick a night where i can play 4-5 hours.

Again, i look forward to meeting more of the Freedom Guard and am very excited to be a part of this group of players.

PITH
Ogre Warlord.

Goofier
06-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Again, i look forward to meeting more of the Freedom Guard and am very excited to be a part of this group of players.

PITH
Ogre Warlord.

It's a really fun bunch, just watch out for that Elcamino. Every now and then, gotta beat him over the head with a dead sarnak or something.

Deadmantis
06-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Exactly what Ive been looking for!

Kinda new here but an old EQ vet. Got a 64 druid and 67 chanter on a live server I haven't played in 6 or 7 yrs. Already did the semi casual raiding thing. Just want to have fun this time around with no stress. I'm 45 yrs old working shift work, engaged and looking for a place to relax and call home on the server.

Playing a lvl 8 halfling druid named Dunkler and a lvl 6 gnomer chanter named Mindwarp. Probably gonna level the enchanter as my main. Would love to join Freedom Guard :)

Deadmantis
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I got my invite last night. A real nice bunch. Mature, friendly, helpful, and funny! Reminds me of the first guild I was in back in old EQ where it was more important to be in a guild with good people than it was to be in the biggest best raid guild on the server.

If you are looking for a guild to hang out and have fun, and not get lambasted for having too many alts, Freedom Guard is the place :)

viscompt
06-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks Deadmantis! That is exactly what I am looking to create with this guild. While it would be nice to have a large guild and automatically be able to get a group when you get online, I would much rather want to have guildies look forward to getting online so they can get together with their friends and maybe go through a few game experiences with them. The fun is in the camraderie that you enjoy in getting the levels with friends rather then working to get levels so that you can work to raid.

Georgeharrison
06-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Been in the guild for a day and a half and have already felt closer than any of the other guilds I've been in on the server. Super friendly. The people actually want to get to know you, rather than you just being another number.

Georgeharrison
<Freedom Guard>

Seeatee
06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
welcome aboard George!!

I am really happy you are digging the vibe of the guild so far, callous set out to create something different and unique from any other guild on the server and IMO has succeeded, and its only going to get better as we continue to grow!

that being said, I have to get this out of the way, george every time I read your name I get this stuck in my head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo thanks a lot dude ;)

Rasah
07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Seeatee,

Sounds like things are going great for you. If I was unguilded, I would be checking you guys out. But I love where I'm at, so good luck!

BDA Ultrin!

Georgeharrison
07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Finx, there could be far worse songs to have stuck in your head!! :) Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

Deadmantis
07-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Whenever I think of George Harrison I think of him and the other 3 Beatles goofing off in the train car in the movie Hard Day's Night. My all time fave :)

http://youtu.be/s0H4JcixLxc

Georgeharrison
07-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm a huge fan of all things George Harrison. Keep these links coming. Love the Beatles movies so much!!

Since1
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Two quotes below got me interested. I've played Eq on and off since it's release. Rode the wave from casual player to serious raider. Now I'm looking for easy going casual play with some more mature guild chat. I have couple characters in there 20's at the moment. Hope to see you online.

Mode 22 sk
Curtsy 23 enchanter
plus numerous others

if anyone has any interest at all in this type of environment, older more mature players, no pressure to raid, love alts, and enjoy just hanging out talking / grouping / experiencing the game with a tight knit group of folks, I STRONGLY recommend checking it out.

For all looking at this thread...we love alts! There is no rush to level your toons...do it at your pace and level the toon that you feel like that day. You are most welcome to group as a guild and it is most encouraged...but solowork is also just as ok. Some classes/people enjoy soloing and after a hard day at work dont want the work of doing a "job" in a group and prefer to keep to their own company. Whether grouped or not...guildchat is where we keep closely knit!

Krait
07-08-2011, 10:59 PM
In the last couple weeks while I've been getting (re-)started with EverQuest, more than one Freedom Guard member has helped me out for no good reason. Thanks so much guys!

Goofier
07-11-2011, 05:24 AM
In the last couple weeks while I've been getting (re-)started with EverQuest, more than one Freedom Guard member has helped me out for no good reason. Thanks so much guys!

You're quite welcome :)

faustemus
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
i was in FG on povar long time ago, if callous isnt online who should i speak too?

Georgeharrison
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I believe Elcamino can invite as well. :)

Goofier
07-21-2011, 04:28 AM
I believe Elcamino can invite as well. :)

Truth.

Bound in WW, too, so tagging lizards is easy.

Thetruth
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Truth.

Bound in WW, too, so tagging lizards is easy.

Did you say you want a truths?

Snowz
07-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Care for a level 4 41 year old bard?

Goofier
07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Care for a level 4 41 year old bard?

No reason not to :)

Come sign up at our new guild website...

http://freedomguard.guildlaunch.com/

And just look for any of us in game. Usually either Frisby or myself will come tag you, but there should be an officer on pretty much all the time now.

Nytewind TP
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Playing an Iksar Shammy named Raxcess interested. I've been chatting with Halvan lately.

Penpahg
07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
recently joined, just gotta get the fiance online and joined. very friendly people =)

Hobi_Povar
08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Wow, I was one of the old Povar Freedom Guard members that was with it till the end, infact I think the guild might still be tagged under Rusich think Kloven left him in charge so the name would still exsist. Oh yea its Hobi/Deebo. Actually I still talk to a few FG from time to time, Saeric, Kloven, Alectry's and Tryst, Lucia and Chiv and a couple others that still live in WoW on rare occasions. I stumbled across this project99 thing and figured what the hell i got a couple hours after work at night and i'm tired of WoW and well it takes no skill and well the raids blow in comparison to what EQ offered. So maybe I'll see some of you around in game sadly though i'll be a late night player again due to work schedule.

Hobi 80 Ranger <Freedom Guard><Blades of Law><Darkova> and retired since 08

knottyb0y
08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Hey,

Just wanted to chime in... This guild sounds great! To me it started to seem like if you weren't in a hard core raiding guild on this server (and possibly even then), your guild chat would be doomed to drug references or racial slurs typed by immature teenagers and the like. I've been looking for a guild that really puts a focus on maturity and guild environment. So this place sounds like it could be right.

On a side note though, the website you've linked here is pretty bad. It looks like it was made for your version of the guild on live or something, I cannot find any information that would make me think it is a project 1999 guild other than a short blurb on the main page. I guess to apply I go to the guild application forum and post something... I guess? There's no template or "application requirements" or instructions or whatever. Would be nice if the application process was straightened up since you are pointing potential guild mates in that direction.

With that said, I do look forward to finding a way to get into this guild.

viscompt
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Wow, I was one of the old Povar Freedom Guard members that was with it till the end, infact I think the guild might still be tagged under Rusich think Kloven left him in charge so the name would still exsist. Oh yea its Hobi/Deebo. Actually I still talk to a few FG from time to time, Saeric, Kloven, Alectry's and Tryst, Lucia and Chiv and a couple others that still live in WoW on rare occasions. I stumbled across this project99 thing and figured what the hell i got a couple hours after work at night and i'm tired of WoW and well it takes no skill and well the raids blow in comparison to what EQ offered. So maybe I'll see some of you around in game sadly though i'll be a late night player again due to work schedule.

Hobi 80 Ranger <Freedom Guard><Blades of Law><Darkova> and retired since 08

Hobi/Deebo!!! Yes I remember the name well! You are most welcome to join should you get online. Just look for one of my many alts ie Kharis/Callous etc or one of my officers and they can guild you! Yup Freedom Guard still exists on Povar and all of my toons are still guilded even though I havent been on there except to pop in once a year. Saeric has the guild now from what I have seen.

Sythysyllanen

viscompt
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey,

Just wanted to chime in... This guild sounds great! To me it started to seem like if you weren't in a hard core raiding guild on this server (and possibly even then), your guild chat would be doomed to drug references or racial slurs typed by immature teenagers and the like. I've been looking for a guild that really puts a focus on maturity and guild environment. So this place sounds like it could be right.

On a side note though, the website you've linked here is pretty bad. It looks like it was made for your version of the guild on live or something, I cannot find any information that would make me think it is a project 1999 guild other than a short blurb on the main page. I guess to apply I go to the guild application forum and post something... I guess? There's no template or "application requirements" or instructions or whatever. Would be nice if the application process was straightened up since you are pointing potential guild mates in that direction.

With that said, I do look forward to finding a way to get into this guild.

Hi there! To be perfectly honest...we tend to guild more by chatting than by website process...in essance to see if the guild is a good fit for both! The guildsite was created very recently more or less to be able to keep track of folks and their alts and is used more as a roster list. The application questionnaire is just to get some background info on you and to confirm you realize it is an older folk guild. More will be done to smooth out the site in the future...but we focus on guild social chat in game more than anything else. Please check for one of my officers online when you come online :)

Magonian
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Ayeee, en good day to all...

In my travels I've crossed paths on the battle field more than once with one of your young lasses by the name of "Sakure" en she’s told me you are in need of more serious(but not too serious :D) minded guildies preferable 40+ in real seasons with a mentality that’s beyond 13 years of age (then again most of the 20+ age grp in my current guild do not act a day past their 13th year mentally;).

I have submitted an app under the name of "Magonian" and have backing by the good word of M'lady Sakure to help move along the induction process. I'll be spending time in one of the many brothels lined throughout the snow drifted back alleys of Halas taking some much needed replenishing in the form of Women and Mead, may our paths cross soon. Detailed information has been submitted with my app.

Active:
Magni
Shaman Barbarian of 45 Seasons

Retired: Magonian - Shaman Barb of 58 Seasons – Innoruuk
Beta Magni – EQ Pre-Beta 1997-98

Deadmantis
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome newcomers :) In my short time as an FG member they have been great. They recently had a fun run - guild event - contest thingie where some members won some nice stuffs, and every day I see members going out of their way to help others with the simple but important things like binds, buffs, and ports.

If you are looking for a place to hang out with an older crowd that is more about friends and fun than raiding and poopsocking, FG is for you!

Georgeharrison
08-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Absolutely. Best guild ever.

mgellan
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Highly recommended for mature casual gamers who enjoy grouping with excellent people and guildchat thats intelligent. If you've been looking for a family style guild where everyone is growing together and helping each other, this is the one. Well done FG!

Regards,
Mg

Goofier
09-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Still here, still casual.

Ba-da-bump.

viscompt
09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Still here, still casual.

Ba-da-bump.

Still looking for more active mature members!

viscompt
09-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Still looking for more active mature members!

Bump for new mature members!

Tervvo
10-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Sounds good to me ,I'm just starting out and also may have limited hours to play but I'm in,a little maturity sounds good and I am definitely over 40.
I will get in touch with you in game if I see you.

viscompt
11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds good to me ,I'm just starting out and also may have limited hours to play but I'm in,a little maturity sounds good and I am definitely over 40.
I will get in touch with you in game if I see you.

Great to see you in the guild!

khailibowen
01-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Are you by chance still taking members?

I am fairly knew to P99, though I played Live for a few years pre-kids (over 8 years ago).

I am not quite 40 yet (1 year) but I am a IRL female playing a female character and would really like to have a casual guild where I don't have to worry about crude behavior.

Thank you.

gambetto
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Good luck with this guys, sounds like a great guild.

viscompt
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Are you by chance still taking members?

I am fairly knew to P99, though I played Live for a few years pre-kids (over 8 years ago).

I am not quite 40 yet (1 year) but I am a IRL female playing a female character and would really like to have a casual guild where I don't have to worry about crude behavior.

Thank you.

Hi there :) We are most certainly taking more members and I think we just might be the guild for you! Send a tell to Seaweed, Drury, Dreadmore, Lilfellar, Callous or Kharis online and just let them know you chatted with me (Callous) in the forums and are awaiting a guildtag!

mgellan
01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Bump - with epics in game we're looking for mature players who would like to work together to get some epic tasks done. Chances are we'll have to wait for Velious to drop to get access to some encounters, but lets get started working together on the other ones!

Regards,
Mg

viscompt
04-19-2012, 09:26 PM
bump

viscompt
12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Guild has been quiet for some time now. Looking to bring in some new like-minded folk to ramp the guild up once again! Really miss active folk in guild chat...so if you are mature in age...or spirit and enjoy what this game is about....send a tell to Callous, Kharis, Thornheart or Lilfellar!

Freedom Guard is a guild originally from the live Povar server. While retaining the same name, I have created it here on P1999 as a very small guild of family oriented folk preferably 40+yrs or older and their family members. We believe in good hard work, honour/fairness/helpfullness and plain old fun. We are not a raiding guild...we are lucky if we remember which spell is what and which direction we are going. But...we do know the game and we do have fun levelling our alts, doing tradeskills/questing and levelling...all through good hard effort, some close knit friends and without the clamour of the drug references and the raiding push.

If this guild sounds like something you might be interested in...leave a message here and visit our guild website www.freedomguard.guildlaunch.com for an application and more info!

Thana8088
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Heya has Frisby been around lately? He was always so nice. :)

viscompt
12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Heya has Frisby been around lately? He was always so nice. :)

He has been playing on and off the past while, however has been away for some time now. I wish he was back too as he was indicative of what this guild is about (and one of my officers).