PDA

View Full Version : F Yall I'm from Texas

Bardp1999
02-17-2021, 08:29 PM
and I haven't had any power for 3 days. Had to move back in with my mom until power is restored (she has power). I know many of you can relate to that (moving in with mom). Hope all yall electricity-rich people stub your toe on something and get diarrhea.

Snortles ban appeal
02-17-2021, 08:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rQH9A1Y.jpg

Tankwipe
02-17-2021, 08:46 PM
typical texan trying to bring us down to their level

Kaveh
02-17-2021, 08:56 PM
I had to go to my ranch. There’s a generator out there for just such an occasion, but Jesus Christ. Greg Abbott needs to roll his hot wheels ass into the gulf BIGLY

Kaveh
02-17-2021, 08:56 PM
Houston house no power since Monday at 0400

Cassawary
02-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Everything's bigger in Texas

Including your power bill (https://www.ktvu.com/news/texas-utility-company-urges-customers-to-change-providers-to-avoid-astronomical-power-bill-amid-winter-storm)

magnetaress
02-17-2021, 09:12 PM
I was without power in the dead heat of summer from a hurricane for two weeks.

Taking cold showers, deep groundwater, when its 98 and humid and you've been hot all day. Oh vey.

Don't think I even bitched about it here. I feel your pain and hope you get civilization back soon though bardp1999.

Snortles ban appeal
02-17-2021, 09:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HJeOHQ8.jpg

imperiouskitten
02-17-2021, 09:59 PM
the only thing between yall and florida is a lil shreveport swamp condom

also very obese

Snortles Chortles
02-18-2021, 10:14 AM
rip

DMN
02-18-2021, 11:27 AM
Hows that global warming doing for y'all down there?

cd288
02-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Why didn’t you flee the state and go on a vacation like Ted Cruz?

Jibartik
02-18-2021, 12:27 PM
If I lived in texas it wouldn't be a problem, Id flick on my personal power grid and shoot one of my cattle and cook it over an open flame under the bigger than your stars, stars.

booter
02-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Why didn’t you flee the state and go on a vacation like Ted Cruz?

texas is such a pussy state that even ted cruz fucks them

Lune
02-18-2021, 01:27 PM
Ted Cruz is indeed a slimy cunt, but I read the vacation had been planned for some time. Not sure whether that's true, but why cancel your vacation if you're a Republican and not personally interested in actually governing?

Jibartik
02-18-2021, 01:31 PM
just do what han did with luke guys, there's plenty to go around.

Y38o5NMfKQE

FatherSioux
02-18-2021, 01:53 PM
Ted Cruz is indeed a slimy cunt, but I read the vacation had been planned for some time. Not sure whether that's true, but why cancel your vacation if you're a Republican and not personally interested in actually governing?

You're mad at someone for being on vacation when a climatological anomaly takes place. How dare he! You truly have no hope and are a drag on everyone around you, I'm positive of it.

hobart
02-18-2021, 02:13 PM
You're mad at someone for being on vacation when a climatological anomaly takes place. How dare he! You truly have no hope and are a drag on everyone around you, I'm positive of it.

Considering the person who ran against him canceled whatever plans he had and is volunteering trying to help the people of his state, yeah going on vacation is a bad look.

Why didn't Rafael cancel his vacation and head back to DC to make sure his constituents are getting the help they need? I think it's a fair sentiment for the people of Texas to have. I also think it's a fair for them to think everyone is entitled to a vacation.

Jibartik
02-18-2021, 02:18 PM

"there is a meteor coming, everyone we need help from the system we pay 40% of our income to!"

"hey the system we pay 40% of our income to has left!"

:rolleyes:

Cassawary
02-18-2021, 02:29 PM
Considering the person who ran against him canceled whatever plans he had and is volunteering trying to help the people of his state, yeah going on vacation is a bad look.

Why didn't Rafael cancel his vacation and head back to DC to make sure his constituents are getting the help they need? I think it's a fair sentiment for the people of Texas to have. I also think it's a fair for them to think everyone is entitled to a vacation.

Is the senate even in session right now?

E: pro forma is fake

Kaveh
02-18-2021, 03:04 PM
Still no power in Houston, nor water

Also, don’t believe them saying this is due to wind turbines. The wind turbines we put up are mostly “winterized”. The natural gas Wells, however, are not, and have either been shut in or frozen. They went cheap and this is the result

Kaveh
02-18-2021, 03:05 PM
Ted Cruz is a carpetbagging Cuban piece of shit, he needs to stay in DC And never come back

Gwaihir
02-18-2021, 03:06 PM
Do you have a fireplace or a generator to run a space heater?

Kaveh
02-18-2021, 03:55 PM
I have a generator and water supply at my ranch. I’ve been out here since Monday night. I’m fine but nonetheless ERCOT screwed the pooch (again)

magnetaress
02-18-2021, 04:00 PM
High fat food, omega 3 three fatty acids from like arctic fish will help your metabolism efficiently warm you.

kjs86zskidoo
02-18-2021, 04:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/irtDT1q.png

Kaveh
02-18-2021, 05:10 PM
SC’s governor signed a dumb ass abortion bill. Cmon guys, the dueling culture war is tearing the country apart and ending pragmatic governance. This is dumb

magnetaress
02-18-2021, 05:29 PM
SC’s governor signed a dumb ass abortion bill. Cmon guys, the dueling culture war is tearing the country apart and ending pragmatic governance. This is dumb

I agree.

You probably don't want to put a sword in my hand though.

imperiouskitten
02-19-2021, 10:49 AM
11 year old frozen to death in mobile home

Prison sewage systems are locked up, everyone sitting in filth and freezing

Mblake81
02-19-2021, 10:57 AM

No one is scrambling here to keep wind turbines operating so people don't freeze to death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oconee_Nuclear_Station

Oconee is unique as it is the only nuclear power plant in the United States that does not rely on emergency diesel generator sets for emergency power. Instead it relies on two hydroelectric units at the nearby Keowee hydroelectric station. In the event the Keowee units are both out of service, emergency power can alternatively be provided by combustion turbines at the nearby Lee fossil generating station

Knuckle
02-19-2021, 11:16 AM
Hope you guys are happy, ruined your boy Ted's Vaycay:

Knuckle
02-19-2021, 11:19 AM
11 year old frozen to death in mobile home

Prison sewage systems are locked up, everyone sitting in filth and freezing

those marawana dealers can ROT god bless texas prisons, can we bring back the noose and do tent camps like that WONDERFUL man in Arizona.

Snortles Chortles
02-19-2021, 11:21 AM
don't look much like a steer to me

Jibartik
02-19-2021, 12:14 PM

stock market is totally fake too

we have no infrastructure and cant deliver vaccinations

compromised electoral/election system run by the leading parties

no news, only op ed narrative storytelling

meanwhile in the other developed nations: same thing

we are so much more screwed than just the 'culture war', I believe the culture war is the result of all of this, not the cause, and just the last thing you see before the real war. People picking which side they're going to be on.

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Real war like wtf you talking about maybe a comment war. Most of society is so fucking pathetic is a jokr at this point they are literally the people from the lorax. The will not be war if anything there will be an extermination of both "sides"

Jibartik
02-19-2021, 12:31 PM
sounds like you're just about ready to join a side thinking "we'll mow them down"

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Nah im good, don't wish for violence just sayin society is soft

Kaveh
02-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Ted Cruz sucks, hate that mother fucker

Kaveh
02-19-2021, 12:58 PM
Greg Abbott has been lying through his teeth. In 2011, Texas investigated what went wrong. They made all of their recommendations voluntary for power stations and natural gas refineries / pipelines

Maybe make the recommendations compulsory this time? It won’t happen, the margins are minimal on natural gas. Nuclear and wind baby hydrocarbons should be extracted as a political tool to annihilate subhuman (Russian, middle eastern) regime profits, but domestic energy sources should be more (((reliable)))

Gravydoo II
02-19-2021, 08:25 PM
Texas doesnt need anyone. They are the lone star state. Why dont you burn all those signs that say "texas" on them to stay warm? You know you can see 5 of them from where you are sitting. What is with that?? Why do you guys write texas on literally everything? Literally steals mexican food, calls it tex-mex. Listen man I been there, dont try to deny it.
Seriously though, that sucks. A bunch of rich people in their warm ass houses sleeping on pallets of money just said "fuck you" to your face. They dont give a fuck about you. They dont care if you die. You think they are gonna like all the sudden become good guys and change for the better? lol

Nobody could have seen this coming. Nobody has said, in the past 20 years, to expect more extreme weather in the world. I cant think of a single person, organization, government program, not a single document which has EVER said "weather will become more extreme. Summers will become hotters. Winters will become colder. Storms will become more violent and powerful.". Its almost like, god is punishing texas for some reason... maybe the gays?? Or maybe those darn homeless people being all, immoral and stuff. You know how they do. Damn sodomites and their rap music.

Either way, Im sorry. I know how it feels. It fucking SUCKS not having power. Hurricanes suck. I hope you guys got to BBQ and drink a lot of booze at least. Not like you can go to work..

Kaveh
02-19-2021, 09:15 PM
You’re an idiot dude we have electricity half the price of California’s, California still has rolling blackouts every summer, and this rarely, if ever, happens in Texas

We will fix our state. Stay out small handed carpet bagger

Kaveh
02-19-2021, 09:16 PM
PS: I am an electrical engineer who has been designing wind turbines for 30 years. Please talk more shit about climate change

Jesus liberals are the worst

Byue
02-19-2021, 09:38 PM
PS: I am an electrical engineer who has been designing wind turbines for 30 years. Please talk more shit about climate change

The average price for electricity in Texas in 2020 is 11.86 cents per kilowatt hour (¢/kWh).

The average cost of electricity in Québec is $0.073 per kWh.

We have gruesome winters and we don't lose electricity.
The best bit?
It is absolutely 100% renewables.

Tell me more about how a state run for the past forever by right wingers is nearing a failed state, I mean, how awesome you are and how you will build back bigger and better! (for the profit of some rich dude and it turns out, the next snowstorm, that it wasn't bigger nor better)

Edit: I guess leftists are terrible people. Tell me again how Texas failed, and why it's the leftists fault.

Gwaihir
02-19-2021, 09:48 PM
I like this approach.

Hi

Blah blah blah
So, what do you do for work?

Resident lefties: walmart checker

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 10:13 PM
Maybe if all the right wing nazi bigots didn't blow a hole straight through the ozone layer we wouldn't ever get a wicked storm in texas

magnetaress
02-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Made in Texas, coming soon. Tm.

God bless.

imperiouskitten
02-19-2021, 10:19 PM
You’re an idiot dude we have electricity half the price of California’s, California still has rolling blackouts every summer, and this rarely, if ever, happens in Texas

We will fix our state. Stay out small handed carpet bagger

California sucks dick too, is that your idea of coastal? you really are hispanic arent you, you confused lil man.

imperiouskitten
02-19-2021, 10:20 PM
I like this approach.

Hi

Blah blah blah
So, what do you do for work?

Resident lefties: walmart checker

i was an executive at an ackchyual tech company for about 4 months once

but i havent worked since lol >_>

Byue
02-20-2021, 01:07 AM
are blue states better than red states? (https://appliedsentience.com/2020/07/30/economics-are-red-or-blue-states-better/)

obviously, yes but here's an in depth approach.

HalflingSpergand
02-20-2021, 01:15 AM
This link validates my opinion http://getfucked

Byue
02-20-2021, 01:20 AM
I mean I read DUNE.
this is why I never will go to saudi arabia, I do not want to get eaten by shai hulud.

I KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORK BECAUSE OF MY OPINIONZ.
(btw you said you blocked me, turns out it was another lie)

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 01:37 AM
The Fremen would win in every universe. Star wars. Star trek. Star gate. Battle star. They'd kick the cylons asses. Marvel. DC. Gotham. Spiderman.

Maybe not modern day earth, it'd be a hard call tho. Give them muadib and his sibling Alia tho. And the weirding way, and it's absolutely gg. Not even transformers could.

Riddick would just join them.

Agent Smith, in or out of the Matrix, not a chance.

Beatrix "The Bride" Kiddo aka the Black Mamba, Arlene Machiavelli, would be either their most feared villain or a secret Fremen agent.

Byue
02-20-2021, 01:43 AM
The Fremen would win in every universe. Star wars. Star trek. Star gate. Battle star. They'd kick the cylons asses. Marvel. DC. Gotham. Spiderman.

Maybe not modern day earth, it'd be a hard call tho. Give them muadib and his sibling Alia tho. And the weirding way, and it's absolutely gg. Not even transformers could.

did we just become best friends?

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 01:47 AM
Only if you respect my edits ;)

Gravydoo II
02-20-2021, 01:53 AM

So that makes you some kind of climate change expert?? Since you're such a fucking genius, why dont you write a paper and get a nobel prize for proving everyone wrong? Come on super genius. You could down it down in your lab with beakers and shit. We all know climate science and being an engineer using cad in an office are the exact same thing. Do they point to mecca?

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 02:26 AM
1nqp09nFQZA

It doesn't take a brilliant CAD engineer to realize this with a marine battery could provide emergency heat to a insulated room. Even a slight smaller version on the side of a house with a space heater. It could be charged prior to a blizzard, or during.

Texas also has a metric fuckton of traffic.

If Istanbul can....

America. Get your fucking shit together bros. One of the "richest" countries in the world. Texas is oil rich, but no reason to not diversify and have backups.

Think of all the jerbs, the industry. Do it. Peeps.

Byue
02-20-2021, 02:52 AM
literally putting all your eggs in the same basket is a dumb idea.
Richest country on earth struggling to take care of its citizen not only in time of need, or in desperate time but also in more normal times and this shouldn't happen.

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 02:58 AM
NUYvbT6vTPs

Byue
02-20-2021, 03:31 AM
can we have a cat vibin thread?

zodium
02-20-2021, 04:02 AM

Beatrix "The Bride" Kiddo aka the Black Mamba, Arlene Machiavelli, would be either their most feared villain or a secret Fremen agent.

even in the dune universe, the fremen are reduced to space native americans living like zoo animals cargo culting original fremen culture on special reservations made by leto, the avatar of liberal capitalism.

Byue
02-20-2021, 05:42 AM
even in the dune universe, the fremen are reduced to space native americans living like zoo animals cargo culting original fremen culture on special reservations made by leto, the avatar of liberal capitalism.

Seriously if you didn't catch that spice is oil, and fremen are basically arabs, you need to learn how to fkin read.

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 09:52 AM

I made a fun post.

Originally.

And you had to kick its teeth in right out of the gate.

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 10:39 AM
How about that $10000 electric bill (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258362) lol. It's a well written article don't fear.

Algustus
02-20-2021, 10:39 AM

30 years and you are still working on the thing? You clearly need a liberal engineer.

Gravydoo II
02-20-2021, 10:51 AM
I wonder what he will be next week. Maybe a train engineer, driving the locomotives.

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 12:33 PM
Steam Captain.

Gravydoo II
02-20-2021, 01:54 PM
My dad was an engineer. He wore coveralls, a lot. Smelled like the bowels of a ship. That grease smell. He didnt design anything. He watched some guages to make sure some engines didnt blow up. Like, train engines. Sea going tugs use em. I like how it has two meanings. One of them is a guy in an office. One of them is a man of action, fixing shit. Not talking about dowel pin retainers.

Byue
02-20-2021, 02:04 PM
A man is nothing but a man,
But before I let your steam drill beat me down,
I'd die with a hammer in my hand

Snortles Chortles
02-20-2021, 02:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/yuJuVbG.jpg

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 03:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HHabapX.jpg

Kaveh
02-20-2021, 09:57 PM
Haha I’ve been an electrical engineer weirdos, and if y’all could read I acknowledged Texas Republicans fucked this up

Kaveh
02-20-2021, 10:04 PM
Greg Abbott has been lying through his teeth. In 2011, Texas investigated what went wrong. They made all of their recommendations voluntary for power stations and natural gas refineries / pipelines

Maybe make the recommendations compulsory this time? It won’t happen, the margins are minimal on natural gas

Y’all can’t read???

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 10:52 PM
Would rather vacay with a million dollars in Istanbul then Texas.

P.s. 20 years ago Texas was pretty nice and I visited a nice ranch there.

It's a fine clusterfuck right now though.

Byue
02-20-2021, 11:23 PM
Haha I’ve been an electrical engineer weirdos, and if y’all could read I acknowledged Texas Republicans fucked this up

can you imagine believing in an entire wing of politics where politicians fuck up even the most basic things like giving electricity to people.

You do realize they fucked it up simply because they put profit before you.
And if they do that for the most basic of things, can you imagine what they do with other more important things?

Barik
02-20-2021, 11:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HJeOHQ8.jpg

All of this

Byue
02-20-2021, 11:40 PM
GOLD.

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 12:25 AM
can you imagine believing in an entire wing of politics where politicians fuck up even the most basic things like giving electricity to people.

You do realize they fucked it up simply because they put profit before you.
And if they do that for the most basic of things, can you imagine what they do with other more important things?

Should turbine decks at the equator be engineered to store heat or drop it?

Texas is fucking hot

Convict
02-21-2021, 12:50 AM
stock market is totally fake too

we have no infrastructure and cant deliver vaccinations

compromised electoral/election system run by the leading parties

no news, only op ed narrative storytelling

meanwhile in the other developed nations: same thing

we are so much more screwed than just the 'culture war', I believe the culture war is the result of all of this, not the cause, and just the last thing you see before the real war. People picking which side they're going to be on.

damn

realest thing i've read on these forums in a while. not wrong either

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 12:53 AM
Should turbine decks at the equator be engineered to store heat or drop it?

Texas is fucking hot

That’s exactly why it won’t get fixed. As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm. People are free to vote how they will, but that is the calculation and why it happened

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 12:55 AM
Also, before you idiots respond, I made no value judgment. I simply explained why. Electricity costs are a major reason why manufacturing has moved south

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:04 AM
That’s exactly why it won’t get fixed. As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm. People are free to vote how they will, but that is the calculation and why it happened

Again, I listed the prices before but for your convenience, here they are again.

California average Residential Price for the 12 months ended January 2020 was 19.36 cents/kWh.

The average price for electricity in Texas in 2020 is 11.86 cents per kilowatt hour (¢/kWh).

We are 100% renewables and we have both extremely hot summers and extremely cold winters with no need for rolling blackouts or anything the sort.
Actually when you lose electricity in Quebec, it's very rare and the last time of note was in 1999.

Your excuses are lamentable.

Edit: plus, yes California prices are slightly higher but they have fixed prices, unlike texans right now who now see electric bills in the 10,000$ for one month.
So whatever plus you see, think again.

This backward country that is canada have much cheaper prices. much more stable infrastructure. and 100% renewable in certain provinces, namely quebec.
your country is like a third world country with a gucci belt.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:13 AM
Didn’t make excuses for you buddy, I explained why it won’t happen. Learn to read, I have nothing to do with Texas’ decision making

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:14 AM
Also, Canada doesn’t do anything correctly so I’ll have to indeoendently verify what you say. Thanks for fighting in Kandahar though. Must be nice serving the empire

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:20 AM
Quebec is hydroelectric powered. Get out of here dude, that can’t be done everywhere, you are lucky not smart

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:24 AM
Quebec is 7.3c/kwh and Texas is 7.9c/kwh
https://i.imgur.com/q1xome3_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Now that that's cleared up, it's a stupid metric.

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:25 AM
Quebec is hydroelectric powered. Get out of here dude, that can’t be done everywhere, you are lucky not smart

It is still a political will, do you think there was no pressure to keep our coal power plant?

Notwithstanding this, China redirected a lot of lakes to build three gorges dam.
You see, they create solution but it cost them a lot of money and you don't have the infrastructure for this kind of shit because your country seeks profit first, not long term solutions.

Also, if you live in Texas, you have everything to do with the decision making: you live in a democracy, stop irking you responsibilities, fucking right winger.

edit: when something doesn't work, you show it the door. You don't show it the door, you stay republican so you are part of the problem.

second edit: notwithstanding all of this, our electric infrastructure doesn't yield with a small snowstorm. nor melt in the sun during our summers.

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:27 AM

both are kilowatts hour.
not sure if you are retarded or not.

https://www.hydroquebec.com/data/documents-donnees/pdf/comparison-electricity-prices.pdf

That is 4 cents cheaper.
not a big deal?
Add 6 cents, and it is california prices that everyone is so against so 4 cents cheaper is A LOT cheaper.

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:29 AM

both are kilowatts hour.
not sure if you are retarded or not.

What is 0.07 in money?

God you're stupid

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:29 AM
It is still a political will, do you think there was no pressure to keep our coal power plant?

Notwithstanding this, China redirected a lot of lakes to build three gorges dam.
You see, they create solution but it cost them a lot of money and you don't have the infrastructure for this kind of shit because your country seeks profit first, not long term solutions.

Also, if you live in Texas, you have everything to do with the decision making: you live in a democracy, stop irking you responsibilities, fucking right winger.

edit: when something doesn't work, you show it the door. You don't show it the door, you stay republican so you are part of the problem.

Buddy if I were in charge, Texas would do a lot of things better. I’m not sure what you think I’m getting at, I’m simply telling you it won’t change. Even Texas democrats wouldn’t dare touch the hydrocarbon industry here

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:30 AM
Yeah byue you’re talking cents vs cents, the power difference between Quebec and Texas isnt that large. The difference between either and California is, however

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:34 AM
11.86 cents = $0.1186 for those from Canada who apparently didn’t learn math in school. For more numbers, you will be paying us $500 billion for the F-35s you purchase. Thank you for your service. PS: they’re built in Texas

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:34 AM
You're expressing it in unlike terms because you're functionally illiterate

Boptop
02-21-2021, 01:35 AM
11.86 cents = $0.1186 for those from Canada who apparently didn’t learn math in school. For more numbers, you will be paying us $500 billion for the F-35s you purchase. Thank you for your service. PS: they’re built in Texas

nope

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:36 AM
I talk with children.

Kaveh keep saying that california prices are too high and it explain why Texas is the way it is ; to keep prices low.

California is 7.5 cents more expensive than Texas.

Quebec is 4.56 cents cheaper than Texas.

do you not realize that the difference is comparable?

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:37 AM
so 4.56 cents cheaper is not a big deal but 7.5 cents more is a huge deal.

got it.

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:39 AM
I talk with children.

Kaveh keep saying that california prices are too high and it explain why Texas is the way it is ; to keep prices low.

California is 7.5 cents more expensive than Texas.

Quebec is 4.56 cents cheaper than Texas.

do you not realize that the difference is comparable?

I think he was saying Cali has a disaster on this scale every summer

Keep flailing tho

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:46 AM

Kaveh, you going to insult your friend for not knowing maths with his calculation that made texas end up at 7.9 ?

not sure how he did this.

plus the main point is that we have freezing temperatures and summers somewhat comparable to texas albeit a little colder (not by much if you take the averages and this compensate, with the average, for having a winter, as well) and our grid doesn't melt like ice cream in the sun.

Blingy
02-21-2021, 01:49 AM
Byue, do you realize your federal gov't is subsidizing your fossil fuel industry to the tune of $5,000,000,000 each year? Yes, 5 BILLION a year. That comes out to $133/person every year.

Meanwhile the USA subsidizes $85B for nuclear R&D and another $34B to renewable R&D.

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:50 AM
As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm.

that one in a 100 year storm happened last in 2011 but sure.
Also, Cassonwary, see.
It's all there, we can fucking see.

This is like Trump saying God said no, it'll be sunny for your inauguration when WE CAN OBSERVE RAIN WITH OUR OWN EYES.

you guys are retarded.

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:51 AM
Kaveh, you going to insult your friend for not knowing maths with his calculation that made texas end up at 7.9 ?

plus the main point is that we have freezing temperatures and summers somewhat comparable to texas albeit a little colder (not by much if you take the averages and this compensate, with the average, for having a winter, as well) and our grid doesn't melt like ice cream in the sun.

It's the number I got from googling a website.

Quibble more about cents when you were off by an order of magnitude. :rolleyes:

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:52 AM
Byue, do you realize your federal gov't is subsidizing your fossil fuel industry to the tune of $5,000,000,000 each year? Yes, 5 BILLION a year. That comes out to $133/person every year.

Meanwhile the USA subsidizes $85B for nuclear R&D and another $34B to renewable R&D.

this is very funny, your country subsidize the fossil fuel industry to the tune of 640 billion a year. were you trying to make a point?

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:53 AM
I think he was saying Cali has a disaster on this scale every summer

Keep flailing tho

That is what I was saying, and I also said Abbott lied about this and won’t do shit (implying he should)

I’m not sure what the issue is

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:54 AM
It's the number I got from googling a website.

Quibble more about cents when you were off by an order of magnitude. :rolleyes:

I always knew that it was 7 cents, and it is not because it is "metric", lol.

anything before the . is in dollars, anything after the . is in cents and children know this.

How the fuck did you end up with that 7.9 figure for texas?
Sure, a website.

the point is: dumb enough to post it.

tell me again how stupid i am.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:55 AM

We do well in summer, when heat is expected. They failed in a once in 100 year Texas blizzard. While it is very very bad that people died due to incompetence, it isn’t analogous to any point you think you’re making. If Canada had 120 degree temperatures nationwide, (your nation is comparable in population, being VERY loose with numbers to Texas), you might see your grid fail

Again dude, not an excuse. It’s an explanation

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:56 AM
nope

Oh buddy you’re buying the F-35s. Denmark and Norway are, not sure how you think you’re getting out of it

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:57 AM
That is what I was saying, and I also said Abbott lied about this and won’t do shit (implying he should)

Originally Posted by Kaveh :As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm.

So I was saying that Kaveh said the political decisions that led to this is to make sure the cost stay low.

I am saying that with no political decision to make, we have electricity much cheaper than texas to a tune comparable to the differences between cali and texas.

Not sure why you agro and bite.

Byue
02-21-2021, 01:57 AM
Oh buddy you’re buying the F-35s. Denmark and Norway are, not sure how you think you’re getting out of it

we not buying them.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 01:59 AM
Biden will visit and y’all will buy, what else are you gonna do? Ride elk?

Byue
02-21-2021, 02:00 AM
We do well in summer, when heat is expected. They failed in a once in 100 year Texas blizzard. While it is very very bad that people died due to incompetence, it isn’t analogous to any point you think you’re making. If Canada had 120 degree temperatures nationwide, (your nation is comparable in population, being VERY loose with numbers to Texas), you might see your grid fail

Again dude, not an excuse. It’s an explanation

Dude, very hot summer have high demands in electricity because of AC.
Very cold winters have very high demand in electricity due to heating.

Jst fucking google and realize average household in quebec and texas uses about same electric usage.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: we just don't have a shitty privatized grid.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Kaveh :As I said, Texas would rather have electricity cost half what it does in Cali than make sure people have power in a once in a 100 year storm.

So I was saying that Kaveh said the political decisions that led to this is to make sure the cost stay low.

I am saying that with no political decision to make, we have electricity much cheaper than texas to a tune comparable to the differences between cali and texas.

Not sure why you agro and bite.

What I’m telling you is very simple. Texas would rather have relatively cheap electricity year round than have a functioning grid during a once in a 100 year blizzard, and that democrats will yell loudly but won’t do shit about natural gas pipelines and wells not being “winterized,” even if they were in power statewide. It’s natural that people are angry, but it will amount to nothing. And your energy is cheap because you have rivers and hydroelectric, we would never be able to compete with that unless we went nuclear, which no one ever will. The entire western world hates nuclear for some reason

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 02:03 AM
Well, maybe we’ll use your F-35 money to fix our grid. One can hope

Byue
02-21-2021, 02:05 AM
What I’m telling you is very simple. Texas would rather have relatively cheap electricity year round than have a functioning grid during a once in a 100 year blizzard, and that democrats will yell loudly but won’t do shit about natural gas pipelines and wells not being “winterized,” even if they were in power statewide. It’s natural that people are angry, but it will amount to nothing. And your energy is cheap because you have rivers and hydroelectric, we would never be able to compete with that unless we went nuclear, which no one ever will. The entire western world hates nuclear for some reason

France is 70% nuclear powered but ok.
Also, winterizing assets would not cost much more.
I am saying e have winterized assets and quebec is like much bigger than texas and it is still cheaper, what are you trying to say, that winterizing assets would lead to MUCH higher price the same way you argue that raising minimum wage would mean that bread is now 40$ a loaf?

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 02:05 AM
Well, maybe we’ll use your F-35 money to fix our grid. One can hope

With the bad radar. The good shit is reserved for ballers.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 02:07 AM
France is 70% nuclear powered but ok.
Also, winterizing assets would not cost much more.
I am saying e have winterized assets and quebec is like much bigger than texas and it is still cheaper, what are you trying to say, that winterizing assets would lead to MUCH higher price the same way you argue that raising minimum wage would mean that bread is now 40$ a loaf?

Dude I don’t disagree with you what are you saying? I would spend more money and not let people freeze to death. Sadly, no one cares what either you or I think, especially not you

Byue
02-21-2021, 02:09 AM
Dude I don’t disagree with you what are you saying? I would spend more money and not let people freeze to death. Sadly, no one cares what either you or I think, especially not you

well it doesn't sound like you agreed in the past 23612963476 posts.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 02:19 AM
If I were in charge I’d invade Canada and use you guys like batteries from the matrix. Problem solved

Boptop
02-21-2021, 02:25 AM
If I were in charge I’d invade Canada and use you guys like batteries from the matrix. Problem solved

Texas would still fuck it up somehow.

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 02:29 AM

Texans would definitely rock the baguette bois :cool:

Boptop
02-21-2021, 02:32 AM
As long as they don't show up January - March apparently for those -20 celsius days.

Kaveh
02-21-2021, 10:31 PM

We’re the best and worst at everything. It’s lonely at the top

Gilder
02-24-2021, 05:10 PM
and I haven't had any power for 3 days. Had to move back in with my mom until power is restored (she has power). I know many of you can relate to that (moving in with mom). Hope all yall electricity-rich people stub your toe on something and get diarrhea.

Jokes on you I LIKE diarrhea

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 01:52 PM
Thots and prayers, OP.

Bardp1999
03-02-2021, 02:30 PM
Went 5 days without power in the end. Some of my pool PVC got cracked and I have a wall leak, but overall faired pretty well compared to a lot of people.

To those not accepting Texas as a world power - Eat shit and get reckt

booter
03-02-2021, 02:45 PM
there are 21 states (nearly half of our united states for those keeping count) that have cheaper average electricity prices than texas and they don't rely on a shitty private grid

Snortles Chortles
03-02-2021, 02:51 PM
>goes 5 days without power
posts on elf forums during outage using moms cell phone
(LOL)

Horza
03-02-2021, 03:12 PM
Texas is a world power without power.

Bardp1999
03-02-2021, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CutKjHL.jpg

maskedmelon
03-02-2021, 03:34 PM
I would emigrate to Texas if it weren’t so brown and dead looking. I loves my trees and clouds ��