PDA

View Full Version : Debugging Swarming issues

kingbard
02-17-2021, 12:31 PM
Hi Bard friends!

After a couple months of successfully swarming on my new bard and a week of successful swarming in BW, mobs have suddenly been 'much closer then they appear' this last week and I'm having trouble adjusting.

I'd like to blame myself but the game just seems different. Could this be a windows issue? Could this be a router issue?

Any ideas on how or what to debug?

I'll also take 'git gud' into consideration :-D

Legidias
02-18-2021, 10:09 AM
If your ping or internet connection has suddenly changed, it can cause lag between you and the server, changing your preception of range and timing.

tg822
02-18-2021, 06:42 PM
I had this issue as well with mobs in bw. If your connection has changed def check that and see what ping you’re getting. If you’re wireless switch to wired if possible. I switched to charm kiting and aoe snare kiting once I was 54 because mass kiting just became too risky

branamil
02-18-2021, 07:11 PM
turn off logging, mob names, and lowest visual distance possible

Vador981
02-21-2021, 04:08 AM
It's definitely not the game, as I've done a LOT of swarming the past week. The biggest thing I've found is something uploading in the background (for example I run a Plex server, when someone is watching a show from it, I can't swarm)

rubicaant
02-22-2021, 05:15 PM
For the past week or 2 I've noticed lots of hiccups in my canni dancing where I never had them before. Latency is fine, internet and ping is the same. Wonder if it's related