PDA

View Full Version : Splitting camps as a monk

Qyxxl
02-13-2021, 02:13 PM
I just came back after like 3-4 years. I'm trying to split camps and pulls. I grab a mob, two come. I FD, sneak, when they walk away I try to pull the closest but it grabs both. Did this change? How am I supposed to split now?

Pringles
02-13-2021, 03:19 PM
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monklybusiness43508/laotzu-s-guide-to-advanced-pulling-t534.html

Hope that helps

Videri
02-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Yes, sneak-pulling has been nerfed due to some evidence being posted that cast doubt on whether it worked that way in-era.

You can still split by FDing and waiting to see if one mob heads back sooner.

You can also use corners/line of sight. Pull train around corner and tag once all but one mob go around the corner.

Also, if one mob is a caster, you can get a mage to summon Staff of Runes so you can dispel it and then run around a corner (wait to let any spell hit you first) and then feign. The mob will then stop to re-buff itself, often allowing you to grab one mob single.

Other tricks probably exist. I still haven't played a monk.

Keebz
02-13-2021, 03:52 PM
This has some good stuff in it https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile%27s_P99_Monk_Pulling_Guide

Key Point: over level 35 mobs don't reset unless they walk back to their spawn point or you get lucky with a memblur (FD has a small chance to memblur). Without a tagger, most splitting requires using that mechanic to reset one or some of the mobs. With a tagger, there's a lot more options.

Crede
02-13-2021, 04:04 PM
Roll an SK, FD splittin easy with BE gloves/greaves

Jimjam
02-13-2021, 04:07 PM
The mobs mem blur once they get home.

This is useful. Pull a bunch of mobs. They’ll all have random timers for waking back. This is fixed by allowing one mob to make it back home. Re do the pull. The other mobs this time will likely path back almost instantly while the one which already made it home once will have a refreshed timer to path back so will stick around longer. This mob is now separated ready for tag.

Qyxxl
02-13-2021, 04:49 PM
The mobs mem blur once they get home.

This is useful. Pull a bunch of mobs. They’ll all have random timers for waking back. This is fixed by allowing one mob to make it back home. Re do the pull. The other mobs this time will likely path back almost instantly while the one which already made it home once will have a refreshed timer to path back so will stick around longer. This mob is now separated ready for tag.

The issue I have ran into with this is if it is a static camp and they spawn close to each other. For example, the guards in NK on the bridge. They both end up heading back at the same time, right on top of each other, making it an impossible split...and wasting a shuriken or three in the process. Just seems like an unreliable way so far in my experience.

Keebz
02-13-2021, 05:06 PM
The guide I posted has the answers. I highly suggest giving it a look.

This strategy in particular should work well for that camp https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile%27s_P99_Monk_Pulling_Guide#Reverse_Yo-Yo_Pulling

Qyxxl
02-13-2021, 05:08 PM
The guide I posted has the answers. I highly suggest giving it a look.

This strategy in particular should work well for that camp https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile%27s_P99_Monk_Pulling_Guide#Reverse_Yo-Yo_Pulling

I have it pulled up to read :)

Jimjam
02-13-2021, 05:26 PM
The issue I have ran into with this is if it is a static camp and they spawn close to each other. For example, the guards in NK on the bridge. They both end up heading back at the same time, right on top of each other, making it an impossible split...and wasting a shuriken or three in the process. Just seems like an unreliable way so far in my experience.

I can't remember if it works for sub 35 mobs. they all insta blur, right?

Have you tried sneaking behind one of the guards, aggroing it (so the other comes to you) then FDing on the first guard's spawn (so he resets instantly). As soon as the second guard starts to path back stand up (making sure it doesn't make it back to spawn) and reaggro the first. Pull them away from the spawn locs. FD again. The guard who moved off his spawn the first time should instantly start walking away. The other guard (which should now have a timer before it paths back) has a good chance of sticking around long enough to be pulled without aggroing the other.

On indoor zones you could also use geometry to break line of sight between the two mobs on pathback and make things easier.

This is all IIRC, I've not pulled on my monk in A G E S.

Qyxxl
02-13-2021, 05:50 PM
Both guides are very helpful. I'll have to refer to them while playing. Thank you

Qyxxl
02-13-2021, 05:51 PM
I can't remember if it works for sub 35 mobs. they all insta blur, right?

Have you tried sneaking behind one of the guards, aggroing it (so the other comes to you) then FDing on the first guard's spawn (so he resets instantly). As soon as the second guard starts to path back stand up (making sure it doesn't make it back to spawn) and reaggro the first. Pull them away from the spawn locs. FD again. The guard who moved off his spawn the first time should instantly start walking away. The other guard (which should now have a timer before it paths back) has a good chance of sticking around long enough to be pulled without aggroing the other.

On indoor zones you could also use geometry to break line of sight between the two mobs on pathback and make things easier.

This is all IIRC, I've not pulled on my monk in A G E S.

I haven't tried that but I will. The hard thing with the LOS I am finding is that the mobs are often so close together I can't break los without losing both of them.

Sizar
02-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Another trick is lets say you pull 2 mobs and FD and they decide to walk back almost at the same time. Stand up and wait for 1 of the 2 to path all the way back and immediately re-aggro. They will both come again but when you FD the 2nd one (one who didnt get all the way back to spawn) will start walking back again right away, while the 1st one stays for a bit