PDA

View Full Version : Valheim survival co-op/open world

Gravydoo II
02-12-2021, 12:35 AM
Fun fun fun.
Ive been trapped inside it. I killed a troll, made some sweet blue pants. I made a raft, sailed the ocean blue. Im at bronze, its hard.

Nocht
02-12-2021, 02:09 AM
This game does hit the spot! Loving the retro graphic style and the world is amazing. Its super easy to lose alot of time playing too! XD

magnetaress
02-12-2021, 02:40 AM
I'm glad you're having fun. How fun, deep is the cooking, nutrition system?

Can you ferment stuff? Pickle? Kneed dough? Cure meat? Is there any trade for salt? Flint? Herb lore?

bubur
02-12-2021, 02:48 AM
i dont believe youre a real person

who are you

imperiouskitten
02-12-2021, 02:51 AM
I added him on Facebook. He's very interested in wood. He buys beautiful pieces of wood and shapes them. it's pretty cool for nerd stuff :p

he's also pretty considerate and personable, which is rare around here. dare I say cool & normal?

My ruling is, New Poster. The doors to this asylum are technically unlocked and wide open, you know. We can't escape only cuz of ourselves :o

I think this thread vindicates that Big Gravy is a unique consciousness from myself. I don't keep up with new games they are stupid

bubur
02-12-2021, 02:54 AM
ok well in that case i bought this game and i have no one to play with plz lets buy a server

Tunabros
02-12-2021, 03:30 AM
Was just watching Larry play it

and I got to say....It looks pretty fun!

Might give it a try

magnetaress
02-12-2021, 03:36 AM
I think I'm on OPs ignore for liking Dune. That's ok by me though. Someone aught to quote my first post in this thread just incase.

BTW I am convinced OP is a unique and real individual now.

Gravydoo II
02-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Nobody is on my ignore list. Lol
I also like Dune.
You can ferment stuff but i havent made the barrel to do it yet.
For nutrition you gotta mix up all your foods if you eat the same thing every day it gives less energy.

magnetaress
02-12-2021, 10:29 AM
Nobody is on my ignore list. Lol
I also like Dune.
You can ferment stuff but i havent made the barrel to do it yet.
For nutrition you gotta mix up all your foods if you eat the same thing every day it gives less energy.

Cool I like an abstracted approach with a long less tedious cool down that allows crafting a variety of foods with different traits. Seems like they did a good job in that department.

Gravydoo II
02-14-2021, 03:35 PM
So I built the cool boat with 80 bronze nails. I sailed the fuck away looking for "the elder" and found some not so crazy land not too far away. Like 35 mins, in the boat. Takes forever to get there but thats like 5% of the map. So I get out, setup my little house. Go to get some wood and discover a new biome.

It was a mistake. "the plains" killed me. This fucking giant mosquito from jumunji chased me down and hit me for 60 in full armor, right through my shield. You only have around 100 hp depending on your food. I just went to get wood to build a portal so I could come and go as i pleased!

So, needless to say, I died. I wake up in my bed, 35 mins by boat away. I had to build a new raft, the inferior boat. Took twice as long to get there. Built a bed, set my respawn, finished the portal. Died 4 more times getting my stuff back but finally! I got it back... Then, I had to drive the nice boat all the way back home. Left the raft at the swamp base. Went back, fortitified the fuck out of the swamp base with pointy sticks, big wooden walls, fire pits, etc. I should dig a trench around it. Oh and you can dig trenches, caves, and whatever else you want.

Finally got some bees going for the honey. I'm ready to join some other players. PM me for steam info. Lets setup a game.

magnetaress
02-14-2021, 06:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uVbQfU4.jpg

Terrifying

Lune
02-16-2021, 12:00 PM
This game is a fucking blast. It's one of those titles that didn't reinvent the wheel but is just so fucking fun. Haven't had this feeling from a video game in quite some time

Lune
02-17-2021, 03:39 AM
Naked raft voyage of shame.

:(

From now on I'm keeping parts for an extra Karve at my portal hub

https://i.imgur.com/C1DoWuy.jpg

Evia
02-17-2021, 09:53 AM
I think I'm on OPs ignore for liking Dune. That's ok by me though. Someone aught to quote my first post in this thread just incase.

BTW I am convinced OP is a unique and real individual now.

I'm at work so I can't fish for the YouTube or spotify link, but check out the song 'Silver Mountain' by Secret and Whisper. They wrote that song after the entire band watched Dune. Their goal was to create a song that matched the feeling the movie gave them. I think they did a pretty spot on job, personally.

Gravydoo II
02-17-2021, 11:21 AM
Naked raft voyage of shame.

:(

From now on I'm keeping parts for an extra Karve at my portal hub

https://i.imgur.com/C1DoWuy.jpg

I loves games where there is a still a sense of mystery and exploration. I dont understand the world and I love it. So much fun.

Naked rafting of shame is real. There is no use for troll skin besides the armor as far as I know so I make extra sets of blue pj's for item recovery now. Sneaking helps.

magnetaress
02-17-2021, 11:40 AM
Exploration is really all I'm into these days.

Lune
02-17-2021, 05:15 PM
There is no use for troll skin besides the armor as far as I know so I make extra sets of blue pj's for item recovery now. Sneaking helps.

lol im stealing that

Lune
02-17-2021, 05:59 PM
Went back, fortitified the fuck out of the swamp base with pointy sticks, big wooden walls, fire pits, etc. I should dig a trench around it. Oh and you can dig trenches, caves, and whatever else you want.

Finally got some bees going for the honey. I'm ready to join some other players. PM me for steam info. Lets setup a game.

haha this was my exact journey yesterday

After dying to blob poison as soon as I stepped off my karve, I came back and built a fort with spike-ringed walls on a meadow island just off the coast of the swamp (close enough to build a bridge). All the draugr and dwarves just bounce off it and gave up attacking completely once it was finished. I love that you can build a safe stronghold in unsafe areas.

https://i.imgur.com/lOF1rfI.jpg

Gravydoo II
02-20-2021, 12:37 AM
I tamed a pig.
https://ibb.co/H2ZTZsS

magnetaress
02-20-2021, 12:48 AM
Ecodom.