View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Hasbinbad
05-23-2011, 03:50 AM
p much the best series ever

..episode 7 is playing on hbogo.com

it's amazing.

Rogean
05-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Haven't watched it yet but heard a lot about it, will download it soon. Or maybe I'll wait until the season is over, so I can watch it all at once.

Prince
05-23-2011, 05:43 AM
show is eh

Hasbinbad
05-23-2011, 07:02 AM
you are eh

Prince
05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
na i am p swell tbh

Rogean
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37793

girth
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Episode 7 shouldn't be out till next Sunday. You sure it's not 6 on hbogo?

Chanur
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
7 was on HBOGO right after 6 ended.

It's pretty much the best fantasy novel series ever in my opinion.

Ihealyou
05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
I like it because there's boobs. Its a good way to watch people have sex without getting a virus.

Its a p good show though. Everyone that hates it is just pb&jealous.

nalkin
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I like it because there's boobs. Its a good way to watch people have sex without getting a virus.

Its a p good show though. Everyone that hates it is just pb&jealous.

Eh I may give it a watch then. Though, a little birdie told me there were also peni and that kind of ruins my immersion. I will endure alot to get boobs though...

Nivar Quartz
05-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Rome > Game of Thrones but its a great series so far, Borgias series is kinda eh.

Knightmare
05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Everyone that hates it is just pb&jealous.

So.. pb&j?

That abbreviation has really changed since I was kid :p

Ihealyou
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Eh I may give it a watch then. Though, a little birdie told me there were also peni and that kind of ruins my immersion. I will endure alot to get boobs though...

Gonna be honest, there's a scene where one guy shaves another guy's chest and armpit, and then tells him that he should be king while sucking him off. But then there's boobs.

So.. pb&j?

That abbreviation has really changed since I was kid

upb&jb?

Ruinous
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Episode 7 shouldn't be out till next Sunday. You sure it's not 6 on hbogo?

HBO streamed it but I heard it was pretty terrible quality + they had bandwidth issues heh. I shall wait til Sunday for another 720p rip.

Ruinous
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Besides, unless HBOGO keeps up that trend of early release, those that watched it early have 2 weeks to wait for an epi now -.-

Pico
05-23-2011, 01:46 PM
viserys getting his golden crown made me pretty happy

nalkin
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Rome > Game of Thrones but its a great series so far, Borgias series is kinda eh.

yeah I loved Rome. Good show.

Bodeanicus
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Damn right. Everyone knows that seeing another man's penis automatically makes you a fag. Gay is contagious!

Drah
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Rome > Game of Thrones, but its a great series so far...

Ugh. I can't believe HBO cancelled Rome; that series was so awesome! :(

P.S. Game of Thrones is a bit slow (rightly so, and just like the novel), but for those of you that haven't read the books, it will absolutely pick up momentum with Seasons 2 & 3. I'll always love Rome, but if HBO nails the series adaptation of A Storm of Swords (Season 3), I will die a happy man!

Rogean
05-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Rome is another series that I didn't see.. I remember downloading it but didn't fully watch the first episode for some reason.

Is it mainly a Drama or is there action etc?

girth
05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Episode 7 was amazing.

Slave
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Listen very closely: even if the series is the best thing on television today, it still will not be the greatest fantasy ever written. Which it is. A Song of Ice and Fire is the most epic and irreproachably amazing thing that has likely ever been published. This series will be defining genres for decades to come.

I've read something like 1,500 novels; all I do is read, write, and game. I cannot give it any higher reccommendation, and I envy any person who hasn't yet read it for their awe and wonder in the discovery of what George RR Martin has created.

Winter is Coming - 7/12/11

baalzy
05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I read the first book of the series. It was amazing up till the end, when Martin decided to get all pedophillic up in the joint. I completely lost my desire to read the second one because of it.

Slave
05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
I read the first book of the series. It was amazing up till the end, when Martin decided to get all pedophillic up in the joint. I completely lost my desire to read the second one because of it.

-Totally discounting anything you ever say again.

Bodeanicus
05-24-2011, 06:14 PM
-Totally discounting anything you ever say again.

Your opinion isn't important.

Bodeanicus
05-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Rome is another series that I didn't see.. I remember downloading it but didn't fully watch the first episode for some reason.

Is it mainly a Drama or is there action etc?

Mostly drama, heavy on political intrigue. It's very, very good. Try it again.

Fourthmeal
05-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I had a tough time getting through the first episode of Rome too. Stick with it, it pays off.

Slave
05-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I had a tough time getting through the first episode of Rome too. Stick with it, it pays off.

This is a Game of Thrones thread and I can only assume that GoT is to Rome as Red Foreman's foot is to Eric's ass.

Hasbinbad
05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Rome season one was fucking awesome - at the time, it was by far the best thing on television. Season two had oodles of potential but failed to deliver in every way; the story of Octavian was just dying to be told, instead we got a bunch of bullshit.

All in all, season one of Game of Thrones is turning out to be better than Rome in my humble opinion, but who knows where it will go. In any case, it is the best fantasy-genre media ever produced so far, and I have a feeling it will just get better.

HBO Series style is the evolution of the motion picture. They have so much more freedom, and since digital tech is making things cheaper, telling a longer story is more economical now. I am happy.

Rogean
06-09-2011, 08:21 AM
So I caught up on Game of Thrones and...

Fuck you guys. Now I can't wait to see what happens in the last 2 episodes.

Aadill
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeah, basically Game of Thrones rocks. Nevermind that it's basically a soap opera because it has two very important things:

1) Boobs.
2) Swords.

Well, three important things:

3) More boobs.

Actually four things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLOXUGmRKI&feature=share

Knuckle
06-09-2011, 09:18 AM
This is a Game of Thrones thread and I can only assume that GoT is to Rome as Red Foreman's foot is to Eric's ass.

both covered in shit?

deneauth
06-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I have a lot of down time at my job so I read A Game of Thrones in 4 day, amazing read, the show is following the story to the T. you think is awesome now, just wait and see how it ends, e-p-i-c

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
So I caught up on Game of Thrones and...

Fuck you guys. Now I can't wait to see what happens in the last 2 episodes.

Honestly, read the series, Rogean. Even if you only read one book series your whole life, make it this one.

azeth
06-10-2011, 11:54 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/4g6yi9.jpg

Rogean
06-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Http://www.rogean.com/images/got.png

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Awesome. I got into it so much the second time I read it, I brought out a notepad and took notes... (yeah, im a dork).

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Rogean, is there a way to lock iBook so it doesn't flip if you lay on your side and read? Kindle will lock, but haven't found a way for iBook to.

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh, and if there is anything that you want to know about the story line, just ask me.

Rogean
06-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Rogean, is there a way to lock iBook so it doesn't flip if you lay on your side and read? Kindle will lock, but haven't found a way for iBook to.

Double tap the home button, slide the menu that pops up to the right, hit the button on the far left that looks like a circle.

dredge
06-10-2011, 03:44 PM

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Double tap the home button, slide the menu that pops up to the right, hit the button on the far left that looks like a circle.

Ah! Thank.

Also, I listen to audio books and read at the same time. It's amazing how much more I absorb by doing this.

Desert
06-10-2011, 06:04 PM
I had a roommate in college that tried to get me to read his stupid ass fantasy novel collection, starting with this series. This show is awesome, and I regret not taking him up on his offer. Served.

I plan on reading after the season ends though.

mimixownzall
06-10-2011, 06:15 PM
It's not Elves and Fairies. It is a brutal series. Warning: if you get easily attached to characters, this might not be for you. I had a friend who was reading it and it turned him off to it.

Fourthmeal
06-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Show should be called Game of Poor Action Choreography

Anderdale
06-11-2011, 01:35 AM
I have a lot of down time at my job so I read A Game of Thrones in 4 day, amazing read, the show is following the story to the T. you think is awesome now, just wait and see how it ends, e-p-i-c

i dunno been snooping around and I am not pleased with how it is going to end.

deneauth
06-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Just leaves you wanting more, the end of the first book is just the beginning of the story.

Hasbinbad
06-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I know rite? I bought and started reading the series last sunday, and I'm already halfway through the second book (about a thousand pages each). Can't put it down.

Fourthmeal
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Third book is my fav pals. The fifth comes out soon too.

Prince
06-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Show should be called Game of Poor Action Choreography

Confusing Game of Boring

Trisun
06-12-2011, 01:09 AM
GOT series in my opinion picks up around the 5th episode or so. A lot of great actors and btw the Blonde Headed Dragon girl is fucking hawt. Tits in the first episode =))

dredge
06-12-2011, 11:23 AM

mimixownzall
06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I love the wheel of time series. Don't waste your time with the sword of truth though...

Prince
06-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Don't waste your time with the sword of truth though...

those books are literally the worst

Trademaster
06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I read the first three Fire and Ice, figured I had to give Martin the same chance I gave Jordan.

First book is great, left me wanting more, second book, ok, thrid book ok, no end in sight....4th book, 5th book, how many more can you pack in, why can't authors complete a story any more?

Just like Jordan. God Damned author is going to die before tying up loose ends. I hate that crap.

JenJen
06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
i love anything with sean bean in, and this doesnt disappoint.

i only started watching it after seeing a post here, so thanks :)

Knuckle
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
i love anything with sean bean in, and this doesnt disappoint.

i only started watching it after seeing a post here, so thanks :)

have you ever wanted to be a ninja in a undercover clan?

JenJen
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
latest episode has broken my heart =/

Rogean
06-13-2011, 06:41 PM
latest episode has broken my heart =/

Could definitely tell it was coming though, it lead up to it.

Also did some reading on the plots of the book because I figured there was no way only one more episode could wrap up everything that is going on, and I was right; The first book and this season of the series only covers the launch of this war that continues on into the next season. Was sort of hoping for some epic fight scenes and decent endings (Joffrey needs to get his fucking head cut off), but this looks to be prepping up for the biggest cliff hanger ever.

Fuck.

(Disclaimer: I didn't actually read what happens in the books, so it still may yet tie up some of the storyline with the finale, but I think a lot will still be left open.)

deathgirl
06-13-2011, 06:56 PM
am in the middle of the books must not read SPOILER thread about condensed visual version full of big tits and little girls

Alex
06-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Deathgirl i can't take it anymore, why why why the hell in god's name do you have that fucking disturbing pic of the fat ugly motherfucker as your avatar photo.

To torture the rest of us? Its not funny, it's revolting.

JenJen
06-13-2011, 07:30 PM
agreed on Joffrey. he has that awfully irritating face like the kid who plays draco malfoy in harry potter.

still heartbroken. i dont think ill ever recover from tonights episode.

NOT EVER

deneauth
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah Rogean the show is going to start escalating a lot faster now, so much more happens from now till the end of the first book. Like I said earlier in the thread the end is just the beginning, enjoy!

Rogean
06-13-2011, 07:40 PM
so much more happens from now till the end of the first book

They only have 1 episode left to show it...

Rogean
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Also just read that the 5th book out of 7 is being released in July. The book before it was released in 2005, and the one before it 2000... This looks like it's a story we won't see wrapped up until damn near 2025 since the TV Show will definitely slow him down (or never if he ends up dieing because he looks like an obese basement dweller).

deneauth
06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I was wondering that myself, how are they going to make a completed TV series with an uncomplete book series? Makes me chuckle.

deneauth
06-13-2011, 08:36 PM
All I can say is they better get the ending right, or so help me sweet little 8lb 9oz baby jesus I will rage. =-)

Trisun
06-14-2011, 08:10 AM
agreed on Joffrey. he has that awfully irritating face like the kid who plays draco malfoy in harry potter.

still heartbroken. i dont think ill ever recover from tonights episode.

NOT EVER

Jeoffery Looks like a downie. Also when they decapitated Stark my jaw fell open. IN FRONT OF HIS DAMN DAUGHTERS. Jeoffery will be hung by his nutsack when Rob gets done with him. QQ

Otto
06-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I couldn't take it after episode 4 or 5. I had to read what happens.

I've decided to invest all my energy into one character after reading it. This is a dark series.

I want to see season 4.

There's a lot more I want to say but it'd spoil so much.

dredge
06-14-2011, 12:55 PM

deneauth
06-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Don't forget he stabs an enemy knight's horse in the underbelly with a spiked helmet, it was awesome. They do skip out on a lot of details but its a necessity, it is impossible for the show to follow the book completely. I thought it was going to be difficult to condense the rest of the content down into one last episode, but after watching last weeks episode I can tell they will do it just fine.

Bodeanicus
06-16-2011, 11:53 PM
those books are literally the worst

No, the Malazan books are. They should be required reading in prison.

azeth
06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
so I hadn't really had a chance to read til yesterday, i think i'm 108 pages into a game of thrones and am absolutely enraptured.

i'm almost giddy knowing I have 600 pages left of this book, the 3 sequels, and then book 5 to read on July 12th...

Koota
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
It's Official. Production for Game of Thrones Season 2 is set to begin 7/25 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Uggie
06-20-2011, 09:39 AM
While I appreciate GoT's is fucking awesome I was left feeling rather short changed from the last episode (9?) Not because they cut one of the main characters head off (nowadays it makes sense to shock) but because they miss out the battle scenes!

To me they are integral part of the story, how do I 'buy in' to characters that supposedly save the day or become a leader etc etc if I do not see the fete that elevated them to that status?

Doesn't anyone else feel the same?

jarshale
06-22-2011, 10:34 PM
When I first watched this show, I thought they had taken one of my favorite books and thrown a bunch of tits in there to get ratings. Then it turns out the acting, sets, cinematography, script are all very well done. And there's the bonus of tits.

Cyrano
06-23-2011, 01:45 AM
It gets better. Ned Stark got was coming to him, precocious fuck. Everyone knows King's Landing isn't for the valiant.

Stormhowl
06-23-2011, 02:30 AM
The book was very meh. Just the kind of pretentiousness I'd expect from someone who cares more about form, language, and world building than a decent story.

Does the TV show include just as many references to characters bemoaning the fact they're bastards of various families? And twincest (or incest in general)? Do people tweak the nipples of 13 year olds like they did in the books? Is there just as many naked mongols running around? And retarded half giants?

I read the book after having it recommended by so many people, found it very "meh", and found the above mentioned references to detract from the story because they were just so bizarre and were given a lot of focus for such pointless details. Very disappointing. Give me a copy of "Lies of Locke Lamora" or "Gardens of the Moon" or a Dragonlance book anytime. They at least give you a good story without the pretentiousness Martin and Tolkein have in their writing. And they're actual fantasy, with fantastical settings and magic and shit, rather than just a world with one continent that's an expy of Great Britain and another being an expy of the East, complete with horselord mongols.

I'm sure the TV show is just as bad as the book, and judging by how much people are hyping up the TV show in relation to how hyped up the books were, I doubt I'm very far off in that assumption.

Harrison
06-23-2011, 03:45 AM
It gets better. Ned Stark got was coming to him, precocious fuck. Everyone knows King's Landing isn't for the valiant.

Clear indicator of a piece of shit right there.

Desert
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM
So apparrently, they just killed Larry's ***** Ned

http://youtu.be/owf6D2vfZqM

alexandervaccaro
06-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Does the TV show include just as many references to characters bemoaning the fact they're bastards of various families? And twincest (or incest in general)? Do people tweak the nipples of 13 year olds like they did in the books?

That was, like, the best part of the series. First episode I wanna say? Maybe second.