PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla or King Kong?

Tunabros
01-29-2021, 03:12 PM
There's no way a monkey can beat Godzilla

It's just not possible

magnetaress
01-29-2021, 03:15 PM
Monkey didn't beat Godzilla in the original. He went back out to sea a free lizard.

Monkey went back to drug island. https://g.co/kgs/tor1Ny

Full movie, King Kong vs Godzilla, 1962, English, YouTube, ad supported. (https://youtu.be/2tD00QguKKY)

Good thread though, I am really interested in hearing (I will read them allowed) other people's opinions.

Danth
01-29-2021, 03:44 PM
There's no way a monkey can beat Godzilla

It's just not possible

Anything's possible with the superpower known as, "What The Writer Wants."

--------------------------------

No, logically a flesh-and-blood gorilla, even a very large one, cannot defeat a nigh-invulnerable beam-shooting armored nuclear reptile. Destroyer was about the only opponent that seemed like a credible threat. I can accept lack of logic as long as big creatures brawl, Tokyo gets flattened, and humans speak poorly dubbed dialogue.

That being said the 1954 (Japanese) film was dead serious, and good.

Danth

Toxigen
01-29-2021, 03:47 PM
apes together strong

GinnasP99
01-29-2021, 03:50 PM
Don't fk with Mothra

Cassawary
01-29-2021, 04:02 PM
apes together strong

https://i.imgur.com/3wGvjD9.gif

Nocht
01-29-2021, 04:10 PM
Inb4 it was Mecha Godzilla all along...

Zekayy
01-29-2021, 04:13 PM

No, logically a flesh-and-blood gorilla, even a very large one, cannot defeat a nigh-invulnerable beam-shooting armored nuclear reptile. Destroyer was about the only opponent that seemed like a credible threat. I can accept lack of logic as long as big creatures brawl, Tokyo gets flattened, and humans speak poorly dubbed dialogue.

Danth

DoodyLich666
01-29-2021, 05:09 PM
I’m a reptile guy, so gotta go with Godzilla fo sho.

HalflingSpergand
01-29-2021, 05:37 PM
I would bet that king kong has much better critical thinking skills than godzilla based on the fact that he is a primate. So i think that if there was no time limit he would absolutely win.

Evia
01-29-2021, 05:55 PM

Danth

Agreed! I am rooting for King Kong tho!

Gozuk
01-29-2021, 06:47 PM
Kong easily. A friend pointed out how tiny Godzilla's head is in the teaser pic. Plus Kong's arms are so huge he could probably 1 shot KO him.

feniin
01-29-2021, 07:06 PM
Godzilla is the King of the Monsters. Kong's gonna get wrekt. But not really. They'll fight to a stalemate/Kong will have the upperhand and then team to fight Mecha-Godzilla.

Godzilla is the only S tier kaiju. Everyone else pales in comparison.

Boptop
01-29-2021, 07:07 PM
Godzilla has powerful range attack and high resists - by EQ rules he has a solid advantage.

DMN
01-29-2021, 07:12 PM
This reminds me of the first fight I got into at school. Back in kindergarten where I told another kid that my Megatron was stronger than his Optimus Prime so there was no way he could win in a one on one fight. I even showed him the back of the box the figures came in that listed the autobots/decepticons power levels right on it (megatron is a 10, Optimus 9). Then I told him that not only is he weaker but his transformations were weaker and also sucked. Them were fighting words.

magnetaress
01-29-2021, 07:33 PM
I lied. Just got done rewatching it. Kong gets the KO on Godzilla.

But Godzilla tosses him around the whole movie. Until Kong gets the lightening powerup.

Zipity
01-29-2021, 10:16 PM
Which Kong and which Godzilla we talking about here? Regardless if this battle takes place in water Godzilla wins, on land I think it depends on where and which version of each creature we are talking about, but I do believe on land Kong would be faster and could get behind Godzilla if he was strong enough to choke him out or snap neck he’d win, but on skull island movie he had trouble with that big weird thing that was definitely no where near as bad ass as Godzilla who can shoot nuclear fire etc etc I just don’t see Kong winning without some kind of advantage in terrain, ambush or weapon. And again in water he is fucked.

GinnasP99
01-29-2021, 11:01 PM
Speaking of gojirra, anyone remember this game ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5Cm-f9K5M&t=3379s

DMN
01-29-2021, 11:12 PM
Speaking of gojirra, anyone remember this game ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5Cm-f9K5M&t=3379s

Vaguely. At first I thought I hadn't seen it before but as soon as I saw the "combat" screen I remembered it.

Remember this quite well on genesis though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-_v3NZz_A&ab_channel=MediaPool

Eating people restored your health. Haha. Pretty edgy for those days.

Nocht
01-29-2021, 11:29 PM
I lied. Just got done rewatching it. Kong gets the KO on Godzilla.

But Godzilla tosses him around the whole movie. Until Kong gets the lightening powerup.

Did you know that movie was supposed to be Godzilla vs Frankenstein? They couldn't get the rights for Frankenstein and ended up using Kong instead but they kept most of the original script. Thats why he gets a boost from the lightning as it was intended for Frankenstein.

bubur
01-29-2021, 11:53 PM
enc versus sham?

in arena ofc no mobs, all spells available same tier gear

DMN
01-30-2021, 12:18 AM
Encs are bad in PvP, especially trashy solo. Everyone is gonna have high magic resist and you aren't going to land anything. the most you could probably do is annoy someone with spamming mesmerize and hoping they /q out.

magnetaress
01-30-2021, 08:59 AM
Did you know that movie was supposed to be Godzilla vs Frankenstein? They couldn't get the rights for Frankenstein and ended up using Kong instead but they kept most of the original script. Thats why he gets a boost from the lightning as it was intended for Frankenstein.

I did not know.

Gwaihir
01-30-2021, 04:08 PM
And some of them abolish poison clickies from kaesora

maskedmelon
02-01-2021, 10:54 AM
What is the domain of competition, OP? Off the top of my head, I can count at least two ways by which a monkey might beat some lizard.