PDA

View Full Version : Magician high end gear?

tg822
01-28-2021, 09:05 PM
Is there any high end gear really worth saving for on a mage? Seems like we don’t get many good clickies and maxing out int isn’t really that hard.

Tunabros
01-28-2021, 10:10 PM
your earth staff MQ lol

tg822
01-28-2021, 10:23 PM
Lol, other than that. Don’t have 1 million plat unfortunately :(

Seducio
01-28-2021, 10:39 PM
Kind of novelty but if you want something different.

Rod of Annihilation + Tolapumj's Robe to pretend to be a Beastlord.

Earth pet roots can make sure your pet is tanking

Toxigen
01-29-2021, 12:01 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Boots_of_Bladecalling

no idea if you'd be able to buy the loot rights though (join a raid guild!)

Sabin76
01-29-2021, 01:19 PM
I mean, great stats, but.... 17 second 600 damage nuke /puke. I wouldn't put that in the category of clickies I want to use. Especially when you can go up to hate and grab a 3x instant clickie wand with the same spell.

Vexenu
01-29-2021, 04:55 PM
17 second clickie sounds pretty bad but it's still very useful mana-free DPS to supplement your pet. Really good when soloing or duoing especially. The Burnt Wood Staff is a tremendously underrated item and the Boots are just an upgraded version. Besides, there's almost no other gear that makes an appreciable difference on a Mage, anyway.

tg822
01-29-2021, 05:09 PM
Have the burnt wood staff and love it. Only downside is you can’t med much while using it

Sabin76
01-29-2021, 07:37 PM
17 second clickie sounds pretty bad but it's still very useful mana-free DPS to supplement your pet. Really good when soloing or duoing especially. The Burnt Wood Staff is a tremendously underrated item and the Boots are just an upgraded version. Besides, there's almost no other gear that makes an appreciable difference on a Mage, anyway.

I could see a use case for duoing, but soloing there's no way you are going to outdamage your pet by just clicking that thing. I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking of the same encounters you are, but like... dorf dock guards... the battle lasts 40 seconds with Vocarate: Water and I need to do ~2500 minimum to get full XP. Just no way to do that with a 17 second cast time.

What am I missing?

Samoht
01-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Pearls

Stacks and stacks of pearls

Vexenu
01-29-2021, 10:35 PM
I could see a use case for duoing, but soloing there's no way you are going to outdamage your pet by just clicking that thing. I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking of the same encounters you are, but like... dorf dock guards... the battle lasts 40 seconds with Vocarate: Water and I need to do ~2500 minimum to get full XP. Just no way to do that with a 17 second cast time.

What am I missing?

No, you're definitely not going to outdamage your pet with it. But it's great if you're dismissing the pet every mob. For example, I used to get a TON of mileage out of the Burnt Wood Staff when farming and XPing off Ice Giants. One pet, one DS cast and 3 clicks of the staff (approximately 1k damage mana-free) would usually be enough to kill an IG. And I could kill them fast to get just barely enough med time between spawns to hold down all 3. Without the mana-free damage from the staff that would have been impossible. Boots would have been even better, obviously.

Tunabros
01-30-2021, 12:32 AM
Lol, other than that. Don’t have 1 million plat unfortunately :(

dont worry just keep farming cash its fairly simple to be able to make 50k a month

(assuming you are on the blue server), it would take you about a year and half

to get a earth staff MQ

tbh i see a grind that long worth it for one of the best epics in the game

good luck OP =)

some places i reccomend farming plat is seb, sea furies, or if you have a druid you can port