PDA

View Full Version : 50+ necro camp with long spawn

pijan
01-27-2021, 11:10 AM
Basically looking to get a bit of exp during the work day. Hoping to find a camp with 1-4 mobs that have decently long spawn times. Ideally something I can kill then tab out for half an hour or so waiting on respawns. Any ides on camps that might fit this?

loramin
01-27-2021, 11:32 AM
The kind of camp you're looking for is often referred to as an "AFK camp" (because you can AFK in-between kills). Checking the https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide, it doesn't look like there are any "long spawn" camps for level 50 Necromancers ... but there are "AFK camps" (some of which are even marked as such in the guide; others aren't).

There are lots of guard camps at that level (elves, dwarves, halflings, humans, trolls, etc.), and most if not all have safe AFK spots. If you want to use your Necromancer anti-undead spells, there's the Spectral Keepers in various parts of Trakanon's Teeth (terrible loot, but I got my cleric several "solo AFK" levels there).

Finally, there's a couple of island spots that would also work. In OOT you have Seafuries (you can AFK at a nearby island ... or if you have an EB item, just off in the ocean somewhere ... and they sometimes drop gems). In Timorous Deep there's the Spirocs: no gems or other meaningful loot, but the XP is good, and there are lots of places on Spiroc island where you can safely AFK.

OuterChimp
01-27-2021, 11:56 AM
There are 3 (level 40) FP guards in North Ro by the Inn.

2 by the Inn and the one right before you get to the sand.

24 minute spawn timer.

I usually sit by the Inn, only thing you have to check back on every now and then is a wandering cougar attacking you because you are sitting. I'll sit with my med book open so I can hover over the EQ tab and see if my book is still up (meaning no cougar attecked me) or no book (which means some cougar attacked me, my pet 1-shotted it) in that case I'll have to sit back down to med.

OuterChimp
01-27-2021, 11:58 AM
I was thinking about posting a similiar thread as I'm getting a bit burned out on my necro looking for exactly what OP is looking for.

I ventured my hand at the Brownie Guards and did them a coupel times and got wrecked another. I may wait a few levels till they become a bit "easier". I know that sounds cheesy, but I'm looking for the same type of pretty safe, regular (even long spawn timer is okay) camp so I'm curious what other folks have to suggest.

loramin
01-27-2021, 04:28 PM
There are 3 (level 40) FP guards in North Ro by the Inn.

2 by the Inn and the one right before you get to the sand.

24 minute spawn timer.

I usually sit by the Inn, only thing you have to check back on every now and then is a wandering cougar attacking you because you are sitting. I'll sit with my med book open so I can hover over the EQ tab and see if my book is still up (meaning no cougar attecked me) or no book (which means some cougar attacked me, my pet 1-shotted it) in that case I'll have to sit back down to med.

Added to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_40-44 :)

pijan
01-27-2021, 04:30 PM
Added to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_40-44 :)

Think he said they're in NRO not SRO

loramin
01-27-2021, 04:31 PM
Think he said they're in NRO not SRO

Whoops; fixed. Thanks for catching that :)

bodenn
01-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Dwarf guards are on a 24 min timer in BB.

Jibartik
01-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Just find a dungeon, the spawn times are around 20-30 mins, and find room deep inside nobody ever really hangs out with 4 or so mobs, kill them, then FD while you work!

That's what I reckon. I bet in seb there is a spot. You may be low enough to do that in guk, killing some random dar's nobody cares about.

Edit: I guess if you're a necro that might be tough, but maybe HS is better for yah then btw!

Seducio
01-27-2021, 10:16 PM
SolB - Guano room. Enter in from SolA.

There are a few bats -one is guano ph- plus Nox -LDC ph- roams to edge of room.

Exp plus two named.

When they green out go hit the LDCs and keep getting Nox and guano.

GinnasP99
01-28-2021, 01:07 PM
The cloud stairs leading from second to third in CoM is pretty cool. Can ding 60 there

Chortles Ban Appeal
02-11-2021, 03:04 AM
The cloud stairs leading from second to third in CoM is pretty cool. Can ding 60 there

how do you get there without help?

OuterChimp
02-11-2021, 10:27 AM
Both regular mobs and undead on the way there to CoM third floor? I'm not experienced in there at all. I'm curoisu.

Izmael
02-11-2021, 11:06 AM
Double invis? Don't think anything sees through that in there?

Then can just bind somewhere on a top of a hut maybe... pretty safe spot IIRC.

Seducio
02-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Prep for jump to 2nd floor:

Ask for double invis from another character near zone line. Nothing in zone can see through double invis so that is the safest way to explore the zone. If solo go with IVU.

To get to 2nd floor CoM:

Head to Temple Area. Facing the Temple there is a entrance on the left side past two doors that takes you to a higher floor in the building in Temple. There will be two undead in that room. Clear the room or run into room with IVU.

To the right there is a ledge and then a flag. Note underneath the flag if there is a Fog/Vapor Golem. If that golem is not cleared it will create a train when you jump up. So leave the room to go kill that golem under the flag and then come back. Alternatively if you are an enchanter you can Calm/Pacify the golem prior to jumping.

Pay attention the two panthers on the 2nd floor and when its clear get ready to head to 2nd floor. If there is no mob under the flag and its clear, hug the right wall and jump (Mario Bros.) style onto the flag. Then jump again onto the 2nd floor.

IVU is huge here. Alternatively you can use the levitate trick to get to the appropriate height onto 2nd floor. Trolls and Ogres are too big to jump. They require levitate.

Once on the 2nd floor there is a static mob and two pathers. One pather is a Fog/Myst Golem and one pather is undead. The static can be golem or undead. Feign these off or Calm/Pacify them.

From there with DMF/levitate on you can head to roof above the Arena to get setup. This will allow you to choose which camp to fight on: 2nd floor, the cloud stairs, or 3rd floor.

The first few times you do this it seems hard. After doing it a few times it is very easy to do and now you know the trick to get to 2nd floor without dealing with Reavers.

Chortles Ban Appeal
02-11-2021, 12:02 PM
thank you!

Seducio
02-11-2021, 12:05 PM
One last tip:

If things go wrong. You can corpse recover from the first floor since /corpse ignores Z-axis. The arena area is directly below the cloud stairs. So if you do die you can easily get corpse without having to jump up to 2nd.

Drag corpse to entrance, get a res when able, and continue fighting. There are often clerics that can do 90 and 96% especially during prime time.

OuterChimp
02-11-2021, 03:20 PM
Very interesting.

Jibartik
02-11-2021, 03:22 PM
What about the rotting skeleton/skeletons, dont they have a like 20 min respawn timer? and are in a couple batches of 4 or 6 or something along the wall in The Overthere? That'd be great I wager for 50+

I bet ghosts in that other key stones area too, whats the zone i forget, uh, you know it, seb is in it... swampy swamperson.

Seducio
02-11-2021, 04:51 PM
Howling Stones is also like candyland for a good Necro in his 50s. Zone in area + Golems, as well as North and West all accommodate the kind of camp requested by OP. Just lookout for Harm Touches by the SK skeletons.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

Seducio
02-11-2021, 06:29 PM
If there is no mob under the flag and its clear, hug the right wall and jump (Mario Bros.) style onto the flag. Then jump again onto the 2nd floor.

I have gotten three PMs saying they can't make this jump.

Here are some tips for this specifically:

1. Be Double Invis. This makes mistakes no big deal. You don't need to clear anything to get to the 2nd floor. It requires someone else to invis or IVU whichever you don't already have.

2. If Enchanter: Calm the two undead in the Temple room that is right before flag. Calm the Golem below the flag. Calm the static on the 2nd floor. Calm the two roamers mentioned above, one golem and one undead. Now you can safely jump up.

3. If Necro: Clear the Golem under the flag first or plan to feign as soon as you get up to 2nd. IVU and head into Temple room before the flag. Watch one live roamer and one undead roamer for clear and then time your jump or DMF up to 2nd floor. Now feign.

If you are jumping, run and look slightly up while you jump. Small races like gnome and dwarf can make this jump even if its a tight squeeze. The trick on the jump is timing and forward motion / looking up while you jump. If you fall off the flag, try again. Most people that do this fall. By the fifth time you do it you will get a feel for the timing of the jump.

Just keep trying.