PDA

View Full Version : New Monk on Green, weapon advice.

Nikkei
01-23-2021, 07:52 PM
Hello folks.

I started a Monk on Green 3 days ago and i am currently lvl9 and i find it difficult to kill blue cons without getting close to death now that i am set up in EC. I only have cloth armor dropped from skeletons and a 2hb worn great staff and 2 cracked staffs for dual wielding, also drops from skeletons.

My small fortune of 25pp could be increasing a bit if i get my stacks of bone chips sold, so is there any weapon that i could afford with a small amount of pp or should i just keep saving and try to get into a group?

And would a 2hb weapon or a dual wield combo be better for leveling atm?

Stonewallx39
01-25-2021, 10:01 PM
There is a weapon “a staff” that sells for around 5pp at one of the huts near WC/orc 2 in EC. It’s lighter and better ratio than cracked staves.

I used forged Morningstars when I first started at green launch. I think those are 10ppish from other player but I doubt anyone makes me so you’ll have to ask a blacksmith.

Ditch the 2hb, too heavy and too crappy. There aren’t any worth while until you can afford Kunark gear.

yiuman
01-26-2021, 07:55 AM
There are some cheapish weapons you could save up for - I would try and get an https://wiki.project1999.com/Adamantite_Bo_Stick

It cheap because the proc isn't great - but the ratio is good until you hit 30.

For 1hb https://wiki.project1999.com/Blackjack and https://wiki.project1999.com/Fighting_Baton are pretty cheap and good starter weapons

I think you could get those for less than the wiki says.

Jimjam
01-26-2021, 10:13 AM
Don’t buy a combine greatstaff as unlike the other combine weapons it resells to vendor very poorly.

Note ‘combine’ weapons are a line of magic weapons sold by traveller NPCs, not to be confused with items created by tradeskills.

jijii
01-26-2021, 11:32 AM
suffer for now and save up for a wu's quivering staff. it's the best value monk weapon.

OuterChimp
01-26-2021, 12:01 PM
Cured silk is often sold in EC tunnel as well. Could always post on the discord as well and link up with a tailor. usually sells for about 1pp per AC.

Watch your weight as a monky as that'll have a direct correlation with how often you get hit if you are overweight.

EQ doesn't like fat monks.

Ishmael
01-26-2021, 02:21 PM
What race are you?

I recently started fresh on green as well rolling as an Iksar monk. I stayed in Kunark until level 20 going from the FOB to Kurns at level 10. From all the spider silk I gathered in the FOB I made my own cured silk armor (if you’re in EC it’ll be much cheaper to just buy it from another player). I used my fists and grouped whenever I could. Grouping will help a lot with downtime.

I saved anything I thought I could sell (mostly bone chips and burynai armor) and headed to EC on foot at level 20. I was able to buy myself a Wu’s quivering staff which I will probably use for much of my time leveling. I then saved again to afford my hp rings, and now I’m saving for a fbss.

While saving for your Quivering staff you could try to pick up fighting batons or a smoldering brand. They are often for sale in EC and you can resell them to another player when you have enough for your Wu’s.

Ishmael
01-26-2021, 02:28 PM
I would just save for the time being and try to get into groups. Often times the easiest way to get a group is starting one yourself.

Nikkei
01-26-2021, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, i just dinged 12 and will run to NK to get a ride to
WC and run to EC.

The cured silk armor looks like a good upgrade and i will stay in EC til i can find a seller.

Maybe ill find a dead cheap weapon to.