PDA

View Full Version : No eqclient.ini found

Kenshi235
01-23-2021, 04:29 PM
Hi, I just came back to p99 on the green server. I've been having a blast, but until recently where I am crashing while in zone. No zone crashes or camp crashes like many have mentioned in the past, but crashing while in the same zone, after logging in for about 5 minutes.

I know many fixes can be done with the eqclient.ini file, but I cannot find that file anywhere in my local drive. I've been told the only way to create that file is to load up the real EQ server, but I don't want to do that unless necessary.

The only other thing I changed recently was my in-game resolution to be 1680 by 1050, instead of 1920 by 1080.

1920 by 1080 gives me very weird text font sizes, so I switched to a lower resolution and I'm thinking this is causing the issue.

But regardless: noeqclient.ini --> no way to fix many problems.

I am running p99 from a Launch Titanium.bat - Shortcut. If I go to properties --> advanced --> run as administrator, I get this error:

"Windows cannot find "eqgame." Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. This windows dialogue pops up, along with a windows command prompt trying to enter "start eqgame patchme".

Other specs: Windows 10 OS, I've played blue/green on and off for years. Would love to use eqclient.ini to edit full screen / resolution / many other problems.

My everquest installation is under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest
That's where I'm looking for an eqclient.ini file. I've done many searches here.

Thanks

Kavious
01-23-2021, 04:41 PM
EQ will have no permission to write files with the folder under Program Files. You can move the EverQuest folder to the root C: directory to resolve that issue

When the client cannot write to the EQ directory it will saves files under C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData and it will be in there somewhere

Kenshi235
01-23-2021, 07:09 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that. probably the issue.

Daloon
01-23-2021, 07:16 PM
It's a hidden File, not in your EQ directory, but the C:This PC>Users>Name>AppData> Local > Virtual Store > Program Files > Sony > EQ

It's hidden, so wont show up first time you look. Show hidden files via Properties.