PDA

View Full Version : Will Trump get convicted during impeachment trial?

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 01:58 PM
I think that with the collective super computer level brain power we have on p99 forums we can answer this definitively.

magnetaress
01-20-2021, 02:01 PM
I don't really know tbqh.

I'm not even really sure what would logistically be the best outcome would be really.

I'm not that smart.

I think the left, and some of the right now, was using it to force him to behave. And threaten him. 60% likely nothing will really come of it but a lot of angsty news. And some ad revenue clicks.

'vote of conscience'

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 02:24 PM
Since he is so far being able to pardon all his known scum palz, I personally would like to see him convicted and behind bars.

But who knows. They may think it is better to not make him some kind of martyr and let him off. Really, don't know either.

Looking forward to some patch updates to rebalance the pardoning rules which are obviously being exploited right now. Bannable offense. :P

magnetaress
01-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Since he is so far being able to pardon all his known scum palz, I personally would like to see him convicted and behind bars.

But who knows. They may think it is better to not make him some kind of martyr and let him off. Really, don't know either.

Looking forward to some patch updates to rebalance the pardoning rules which are obviously being exploited right now. Bannable offense. :P

pardons definitely need to be challenged in court and checked by the justice dept

and maybe later on down the road, maybe not this 4 yrs, but the next, in the legislative branch, with an amendment or something

i don't like the example trump set, but everyone is calling me a fash, and i'm considering the amount of blood on my hands to make an argument for what i want

my heart has a lot of dark conscious energy and i can't explain how that works in a lay-way. so it takes an active effort not to be a dark magician

i'm not making a judgement on ppl who want trump convicted, i think intrinsically i agree with that perspective, but i am also a very disconnected rational entity who'm wants the best outcome and the evolution of our species (presently)

Jibartik
01-20-2021, 02:28 PM
Watching trump leave, made me feel, well there he goes... he has severed all his ties to the responsibility of commander and cheif. He has no future there, and can focus on his personal wealth in the private sector....

F@#K! HE 4D CHESSED US AGAIN!

magnetaress
01-20-2021, 02:32 PM
I know it may appear on the surface that trump, zuckerberg and the ultra left are outright deeeply dividied enemies, and stuff, but i'm not so sure

got to look at more than just cnn/fox

ya there are dark people and energies acting out this chaos that we've been experience, but their more logs caught in the eddies, not sure how to damn it, or just clear the river and get it all out to sea, the metaphors are there

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 02:42 PM
I mean I watched an episode of the netflix show "ragnarok" and in that show the people that all NORMAL AND TOTALLY SANE PEOPLE call lizardmen are "giants" but its the same story. Sorta.

But yeah I'd bank on normal human beings being just on the scummy side.

Jibartik
01-20-2021, 02:43 PM
Watching mconal tell jokes that make kamala laugh during the gift giving phase of the inauguration (that's a phase??)

is both, inspiring that people can put their differences aside

and also a reminder that nobody cares about this shit and they just want to die saying they had cool jobs.

cd288
01-20-2021, 02:45 PM
I think it’s a toss up. I think Mitch McConnell will vote to convict. I think there are a number of additional Republicans who will. I think they will get close to the number (17?) needed but I’m not sure they will get all the way there.

Trump showed what he is really like; I.e a cow towing wuss when he sees that he might actually be in trouble. He puts on this facade of toughness, but as we saw over the past week or so, when it comes down to it he gets scared and walks everything back and throws people under the bus and tries to change his tune. Because he did that, it just might be enough to save him from conviction. However, he’s now forever on the record as the wuss who walked everything back when he realized it’s not just his supporters who could be in trouble.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 03:26 PM
Not sure you're sposed ta follow through with trial after he's out

magnetaress
01-20-2021, 03:34 PM

One side says they want witnesses to say stuff and to present evidence, but I am not sure how they are going to get the other side to listen to any of that in public.

This is probably one of those :For the Record: scenarios.

cd288
01-20-2021, 03:45 PM

Of course you are. If someone commits an impeachable offense they should go through the process. Do you think you shouldn’t prosecute people after they commit crimes?

The trial here is doubly important because of the impact it will have on what he can and can’t do. For example, no longer being eligible to hold office so that we can ensure we don’t have to risk him trying to run in 4 years and we true Republicans can have a more level headed candidate.

Shourty
01-20-2021, 03:52 PM
Will Trump get convicted during impeachment trial?
Of what?

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Will Trump get convicted during impeachment trial?
Of what?

Of some things he did is my guess.

Bonethunder
01-20-2021, 04:10 PM
First, you should have made a poll

Second, its impossible because you need either 14 or 17 republicans to convict which you wont get

The second impeachment will just make his 2024 run stronger when he gets 100m votes after people see how bad biden is.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 04:12 PM
Of course you are. If someone commits an impeachable offense they should go through the process. Do you think you shouldn’t prosecute people after they commit crimes?

The trial here is doubly important because of the impact it will have on what he can and can’t do. For example, no longer being eligible to hold office so that we can ensure we don’t have to risk him trying to run in 4 years and we true Republicans can have a more level headed candidate.

Whatever, the punishment for conviction is removal from office. So it's moot.

cd288
01-20-2021, 04:15 PM
Whatever, the punishment for conviction is removal from office. So it's moot.

Er that’s not the only punishment. Sounds like you don’t fully know what you’re talking about bud :)

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 04:16 PM
"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

They may wish to officially impeach him so that his pardons can be negated. Maybe all of them depending on how the court decides it, since I am guessing there is no precedent here. This would make egregious pardoning less of a problem since such pardons are nullified by successful impeachment. Also these pardons are for offenses against the United States (like going to war) so there seems to be lots of other avenues to prosecure people he has pardoned.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 04:18 PM
Er that’s not the only punishment. Sounds like you don’t fully know what you’re talking about bud :)

They can't sentence him to jail and I've never heard of the barred from office idea being used.

Give me an example instead of touching yourself?

Squankle
01-20-2021, 04:28 PM

From the Constitution of the United States:

Article I, Section 3, Clauses 6 and 7 provide:

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present. Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Bonethunder
01-20-2021, 04:38 PM
if he gets convicted he cant run again which is what the dems want because they know in 2024 he will be back to grab pussies 100%

Jimjam
01-20-2021, 04:45 PM
He'll get some really mild conviction for which easily obtainable evidence is used. All other charges will be thrown aside as too much of the establishment would be indicted by digging beneath anything but a scratch of the surface.

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 04:46 PM
if he gets convicted he cant run again which is what the dems want because they know in 2024 he will be back to grab pussies 100%

If that's the case he might get the republican votes for conviction to re-take the party and perhaps save some face for the guys left holding the bag right now.

xdrcfrx
01-20-2021, 05:00 PM
"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

They may wish to officially impeach him so that his pardons can be negated. Maybe all of them depending on how the court decides it, since I am guessing there is no precedent here. This would make egregious pardoning less of a problem since such pardons are nullified by successful impeachment. Also these pardons are for offenses against the United States (like going to war) so there seems to be lots of other avenues to prosecure people he has pardoned.

"and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment." I believe is not meant to be read as nullifying his pardons in the event of his impeachment. This language means that he cannot pardon someone who has themselves been impeached. This makes sense, from both a checks and balances perspective and a separation of power perspective. Impeachment is a legislative check on executive power, and the executive branch cannot simply brush it aside by its own fiat the way it could a criminal conviction. It is also a purely political process, rather than a criminal one. I don't *think* there's any precedent for criminal penalty coming out of an impeachment process - that would raise all sorts of constitutional issues, if so.

cd288
01-20-2021, 05:15 PM
They can't sentence him to jail and I've never heard of the barred from office idea being used.

Obviously they can’t sentence him to jail, this isn’t a criminal conviction.

Barred from office is quite literally one of the penalties of being convicted in an impeachment trial. Congress does not seek that penalty; it occurs by default if you’re convicted. I think you should go educate yourself on what penalties occur when someone is convicted in their impeachment trial.

DMN
01-20-2021, 05:17 PM
Zero chance of a conviction even if the will is there, which is highly doubtful, but the time simply is not. Once he is no longer in office, he can no longer be impeached.

Caroll
01-20-2021, 05:18 PM
Zero chance of a conviction even if the will is there, which is highly doubtful, but the time simply is not. Once he is no longer in office, he can no longer be impeached.

Can you please point out the part in the United States Constitution that says, "once a president is no longer in office, he can longer be impeached," to me? Which article and section?

Caroll
01-20-2021, 05:22 PM
First, you should have made a poll

Second, its impossible because you need either 14 or 17 republicans to convict which you wont get

The second impeachment will just make his 2024 run stronger when he gets 100m votes after people see how bad biden is.

The person who lost the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the White House in four years is also going to be re-elected in a landslide? After losing by an "Electoral College landslide," himself?

That's an interesting conclusion. He's an electoral loser on literally every single metric. No one comes close in modern history except Hoover.

Good thing he pardoned a felony weapons charge for Lil' Wayne, though. That really is a great message for the party of Law and Order and probably has a lot of appeal to his base.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 05:32 PM
Obviously they can’t sentence him to jail, this isn’t a criminal conviction.

Barred from office is quite literally one of the penalties of being convicted in an impeachment trial. Congress does not seek that penalty; it occurs by default if you’re convicted. I think you should go educate yourself on what penalties occur when someone is convicted in their impeachment trial.

It requires a separate vote and would be subject to court challenge, Mr Dingus

FatherSioux
01-20-2021, 05:46 PM
Imagine still believing this hocus pocus.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 05:47 PM
Imagine still believing this hocus pocus.

Creating new precedent with a bored and famously litigious billionaire is a plan so brilliant AOC could have thought it up

DMN
01-20-2021, 05:48 PM
Can you please point out the part in the United States Constitution that says, "once a president is no longer in office, he can longer be impeached," to me? Which article and section?

"The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

The senate has no jurisdiction for anything other than those explicitly mentioned in constitution.

cd288
01-20-2021, 05:52 PM
It requires a separate vote and would be subject to court challenge, Mr Dingus

Actually the constitutional precedents go against it being subject to court challenge. It's not a 100% impossibility, but it would be very difficult to challenge your impeachment conviction in a separate judicial proceeding (not to mention that the Supreme Court probably wouldn't even agree to hear the case because they would say their job is to defer to the legislature on impeachment rules and results of conviction, which is true).

"The judiciary, and the Supreme Court in particular, were not chosen to have any role in impeachments" that's from a 1993 SCOTUS case. So, looks like again you don't know what you're talking about.

It's also arguable about whether it requires a separate vote. Some might say it does, but there's also precedent for viewing it as a default outcome of a conviction.

Glad to have helped you become more informed today! Just another positive to today on top of the inauguration!

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 05:56 PM
Actually the constitutional precedents go against it being subject to court challenge. It's not a 100% impossibility, but it would be very difficult to challenge your impeachment conviction in a separate judicial proceeding (not to mention that the Supreme Court probably wouldn't even agree to hear the case because they would say their job is to defer to the legislature on impeachment rules and results of conviction, which is true).

"The judiciary, and the Supreme Court in particular, were not chosen to have any role in impeachments" that's from a 1993 SCOTUS case. So, looks like again you don't know what you're talking about.

It's also arguable about whether it requires a separate vote. Some might say it does, but there's also precedent for viewing it as a default outcome of a conviction.

Glad to have helped you become more informed today! Just another positive to today on top of the inauguration!

Is this how we sound when sassing the Red hats?

Wow rude 😂

cd288
01-20-2021, 05:56 PM
"The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

The senate has no jurisdiction for anything other than those explicitly mentioned in constitution.

Speaking as a lawyer, you're kind of misconstruing that quote. If a court were to look at that, they would say that the quote relates to what the President can be REMOVED from office for. It speaks to what actions by the President are needed for removal. It doesn't speak to whether they can convict a former President in a trial conducted after he's left office for an impeachment that occurred while he was in office.

Legally/constitutionally speaking, they are essentially fully within their right to hold a trial in the Senate (and in fact need to do so now that they have impeached him). What they probably couldn't do would be to impeach him AFTER he's left office...but there's nothing preventing a trial from occurring after he's left office, because removal from office isn't the only penalty that is applied and the impeachment occurred while he was still in office.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 06:03 PM
Speaking as a lawyer, you're kind of misconstruing that quote. If a court were to look at that, they would say that the quote relates to what the President can be REMOVED from office for. It speaks to what actions by the President are needed for removal. It doesn't speak to whether they can convict a former President in a trial conducted after he's left office for an impeachment that occurred while he was in office.

Legally/constitutionally speaking, they are essentially fully within their right to hold a trial in the Senate (and in fact need to do so now that they have impeached him). What they probably couldn't do would be to impeach him AFTER he's left office...but there's nothing preventing a trial from occurring after he's left office, because removal from office isn't the only penalty that is applied and the impeachment occurred while he was still in office.

There's no precedent for a President even being removed, so all your big city lawyer talk is just that - talk. 🦜

Caroll
01-20-2021, 06:13 PM

I was right. It doesn't mention anything about being out of office. The trial will continue. Prove I'm wrong.

DMN
01-20-2021, 06:13 PM
but there's nothing preventing a trial from occurring after he's left office, because removal from office isn't the only penalty that is applied and the impeachment occurred while he was still in office.

Where was it in the constitution where the senate could try private citizens?

I was right. It doesn't mention anything about being out of office. The trial will continue. Prove I'm wrong.

No, like most things in life, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Caroll
01-20-2021, 06:26 PM
Where was it in the constitution where the senate could try private citizens?

No, like most things in life, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Insulting the person when unable to provide facts. That's cool. I hope your problems get better.

Bonethunder
01-20-2021, 06:32 PM
The person who lost the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the White House in four years is also going to be re-elected in a landslide? After losing by an "Electoral College landslide," himself?

That's an interesting conclusion. He's an electoral loser on literally every single metric. No one comes close in modern history except Hoover.

Good thing he pardoned a felony weapons charge for Lil' Wayne, though. That really is a great message for the party of Law and Order and probably has a lot of appeal to his base.

The election was a scam he lost nothing, look at the maps. They fed stacks of biden ballots in the machines over and over in battleground cities like philly and pittsburgh / atlanta etc

sorry you lost at life

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Didn't you hear Bonethunder? https://babylonbee.com/news/prophets-clarify-that-trumps-second-term-will-be-spiritual-not-literal

cd288
01-20-2021, 06:52 PM
There's no precedent for a President even being removed, so all your big city lawyer talk is just that - talk. ��

I don’t think you understand lol. There’s no precedent for a president being removed because no president has been bad enough to be convicted. However, it is a constititionally permitted remedy as a result of an impeachment conviction sooooo it is completely irrelevant whether there’s precedent or not. And there is precedent for it btw if you look at impeachment’s of other political/judicial figures.

Lol are you really this clueless?

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 07:03 PM
I don’t think you understand lol. There’s no precedent for a president being removed because no president has been bad enough to be convicted. However, it is a constititionally permitted remedy as a result of an impeachment conviction sooooo it is completely irrelevant whether there’s precedent or not. And there is precedent for it btw if you look at impeachment’s of other political/judicial figures.

Lol are you really this clueless?

The high court would definitely grant cert to the immediate challenge. Constitutional Precedent is what they live for. It's not something an insurance lawyer would understand.

cd288
01-20-2021, 07:23 PM
The high court would definitely grant cert to the immediate challenge. Constitutional Precedent is what they live for. It's not something an insurance lawyer would understand.

Lol no they probably wouldn't. SCOTUS has explicitly said in the past that SCOTUS has no place in determining impeachment proceedings. The only role SCOTUS plays is that the Chief Justice moderates the trial in the Senate.

SCOTUS getting involved would be a breach of the separate roles of the branches of government, which is what SCOTUS has said. Know your history bud!

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 07:41 PM
Lol no they probably wouldn't. SCOTUS has explicitly said in the past that SCOTUS has no place in determining impeachment proceedings. The only role SCOTUS plays is that the Chief Justice moderates the trial in the Senate.

SCOTUS getting involved would be a breach of the separate roles of the branches of government, which is what SCOTUS has said. Know your history bud!

Barring him from office at this point would be stripping a private citizen of part of their franchise.

You're silly.

imperiouskitten
01-20-2021, 07:48 PM
feels good to know he's gone. Trump presidency was the most chaotic period of my life. Here's to some stability and sanity :D

Gwaihir
01-20-2021, 08:02 PM
You all are tarded. We don't live in a country where our former presidents can be found panhandling at a freeway onramp.

cd288
01-20-2021, 08:04 PM
Barring him from office at this point would be stripping a private citizen of part of their franchise.

You're silly.

The impeachment occurred before he left office so it’s a valid impeachment and the senate must hear the trial. You’d be right if they had tried to do the actual impeachment after he left office.

He’s also not being stripped of any of his private franchise. Nothing he’d be stripped of is his right as a private citizen.

Caroll
01-20-2021, 08:04 PM
The election was a scam he lost nothing, look at the maps. They fed stacks of biden ballots in the machines over and over in battleground cities like philly and pittsburgh / atlanta etc

sorry you lost at life

Reporting you for ban evasion. I win again.

Jibartik
01-20-2021, 08:06 PM
After 2020 ended, I feel like we just survived a car crash. Idk if it's going to catch on fire and we're all going to burn to death, but we survived a car crash.

So we got that going for us.

Which is nice.

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 08:12 PM
The impeachment occurred before he left office so it’s a valid impeachment and the senate must hear the trial. You’d be right if they had tried to do the actual impeachment after he left office.

He’s also not being stripped of any of his private franchise. Nothing he’d be stripped of is his right as a private citizen.

The senate isn't required to hold a trial, it's just what's done.

The citizen franchise includes eligibility to hold office. Trying him ex officio would foul the Courts nose with the smell of the stinky bananas of a rotten republic.

cd288
01-20-2021, 08:19 PM
The senate isn't required to hold a trial, it's just what's done.

The citizen franchise includes eligibility to hold office. Trying him ex officio would foul the Courts nose with the smell of the stinky bananas of a rotten republic.

Right and so they will vote to have the trial, which is their prerogative as the legislature. Thank you for making my point for me.

And SCOTUS will do nothing because it is an impeachment proceeding which the constitution expressly gives authority to the legislature to conduct as they see fit and which penalties they can apply. Again, the court has already said they wouldn’t get involved in impeachment proceedings or their results...so this isn’t debatable lol they literally said they’d never do what you’re saying they would.

But then again, I guess I’m not surprised since trump supporters have never been particularly intelligent or attuned to actual facts. Sorry your buddy lost snowflake

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 08:22 PM
Right and so they will vote to have the trial, which is their prerogative as the legislature. Thank you for making my point for me.

And SCOTUS will do nothing because it is an impeachment proceeding which the constitution expressly gives authority to the legislature to conduct as they see fit and which penalties they can apply. Again, the court has already said they wouldn’t get involved in impeachment proceedings or their results...so this isn’t debatable lol they literally said they’d never do what you’re saying they would.

But then again, I guess I’m not surprised since trump supporters have never been particularly intelligent or attuned to actual facts. Sorry your buddy lost snowflake

I voted for Biden, idiot.

Damnatio memoriae is a better option than keeping Trump in the headlines for months.

Gwaihir
01-20-2021, 08:26 PM

Damnatio memoriae is a better option than keeping Trump in the headlines for months.

Apparently, you're playing the center too hard, wonk. They think you're a Nazi now.

cd288
01-20-2021, 08:32 PM

Ah gotcha. So you're just someone who pretends to know what they're talking about then.

Better than being that person and also a Trump supporter I suppose! Good on ya

Cassawary
01-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Ah gotcha. So you're just someone who pretends to know what they're talking about then.

Aren't we all? :p

Gravydoo II
01-20-2021, 09:33 PM
I like the presidents who are not "1lb" under obese.

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 10:37 AM
Cassawary is a dinobird.

Kaveh
01-21-2021, 11:22 AM

I lol’ed

But you’re smarter than this dude. He’s too divisive. A little more than half of your country really did not enjoy how the office of president was utterly bereft of decorum and leadership for the past four years

Bonethunder
01-21-2021, 11:45 AM
I never met anyone that disliked trump that was white and had more then 1 thousand dollars in the bank

quido
01-21-2021, 11:49 AM
Trump is fukt

cd288
01-21-2021, 01:44 PM
I never met anyone that disliked trump that was white and had more then 1 thousand dollars in the bank

I am both and I dislike trump. He actually didn’t do many positive things for someone who is wealthy, unless you are on the extreme end of that spectrum (I.e. you have hundreds of millions or billions of dollars).

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Im Neanderthal which is way whiter than any homosapiens.

Tunabros
01-21-2021, 02:47 PM
trump be like: I am fucked, man

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if he was strongly censured from politics, most of his stolen wealth was confiscated, his credit score ruined, and he was put on social security based on zero income. And he had to use the same VA programs as homeless veterans. But prison would protect him from the consequences of his actions maybe. I doubt he'll go to jail.

peterpal
01-21-2021, 05:33 PM

I never met anyone that liked Trump in Germany. When you meet American foreigners in the workplace - the first thing they do is apologize and mention that they're embarrassed what's happening at home.

N0tClassic
01-21-2021, 05:44 PM
Bidophiles sure want "unity"

strongNpretty
01-21-2021, 05:52 PM
I'd assume the simple answer is No. And he definitely won't do any time... Just a lot of people's time and energy will go into all this. But he's a free man now. People will stop pursuing him in a short amount of time, and life will resume as we knew it. This is the way.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 05:57 PM
I never met anyone that liked Trump in Germany. When you meet American foreigners in the workplace - the first thing they do is apologize and mention that they're embarrassed what's happening at home.

qft

N0tClassic
01-21-2021, 06:01 PM
I'd assume the simple answer is No. And he definitely won't do any time... Just a lot of people's time and energy will go into all this. But he's a free man now. People will stop pursuing him in a short amount of time, and life will resume as we knew it. This is the way.

You forgot to mention the millions and millions of taxpayer dollars wasted on yet another witch hunt with no foundation in reality whatsoever

Bidophiles don't care about any of that though. Hard earned taxpayer money is just monopoly money to them. They are more interested in having children touch their hairy legs

strongNpretty
01-21-2021, 06:04 PM
Im Neanderthal which is way whiter than any homosapiens.

But what's your thoughts on Del the Funky Homosapien?

Kaveh
01-21-2021, 07:37 PM

Isn’t that the rapper who worked with the Gorillaz

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 07:59 PM
Bidophiles sure want "unity"
Mark me down as not a bidophile, hopeful for peace skeptical of unity. Is it really achievable? Do any of the violent, basic, generic, unprincipled authoritarians want unity? I believe even if they say they do, they lie. They want obedience and servility. I don't think sticking our necks out to get easily cut is something I could ask my fellow Americans to do.

I will research and get back to you on this.

I have no idea. First time I've heard of them.

----

My initial comment was in jest, sarcastic, facetious. Not at all intended to discriminate. Or compete on the basis of pigmentation, or a lack there of.

imperiouskitten
01-21-2021, 08:47 PM
he could have won in 2024 ez but totally overplayed his hand, premature nut. a fitting impulsive, shortsighted, blundering conclusion to mr. four-dee's presidency. deserves no respect now from any vantage point. where my wall.

Kaveh
01-21-2021, 09:19 PM

I’m very embarrassed that I voted for him in 2016. I voted for Kasich in the primary, but yeah, I never imagined it would be this bad. I thought his sense of nationalism would at least compel him to fight something like a pandemic. I guess being a lying dickhead and wanting to keep the stock market afloat was more important than 400,000+ lives

Oh well. I won’t learn though. I still hate democrats with a passion. Every democratic state is hemorrhaging people and their state tax dollars go to no bid contracts. Washington state is the only well functioning left of center American sub federal jurisdiction. A sane Republican Party needs to come back BIGLY

Kaveh
01-21-2021, 09:21 PM
Which is why I’m running against Ted Cruz for tx senate

It’s a nice dream, but my p99 post history is disqualifying

imperiouskitten
01-21-2021, 09:28 PM
I’m very embarrassed that I voted for him in 2016. I voted for Kasich in the primary, but yeah, I never imagined it would be this bad. I thought his sense of nationalism would at least compel him to fight something like a pandemic. I guess being a lying dickhead and wanting to keep the stock market afloat was more important than 400,000+ lives

I'm ashamed too. I'm sorry for pushing him so hard on this board. he turned out to be a straight up psychopath. I expected it, but I thought he'd roleplay a statesman for his ego's sake. Turns out I couldn't even conceive of a consciousness so petty and impulsive, even when projecting his personality knowing of his narcissism.

He took the route he took on the pandemic for an electoral edge. Believe it. He aimed to suppress mail-in voting behind the scenes, suppress democratic turnout thru fear of disease, and boost in-person voting for his cohort only. Mass murderer of Americans. Even worse than the criminals before him. What a disaster. On top of that, he is an incompetent whose only talent turns out to be quipping. The way he fumbled everything to the floor leaves me so embarrassed I imagined intellect in him based on those ingenious debate performances.

Kasich tho, that's a laugh :p

N0tClassic
01-21-2021, 10:04 PM
I'm ashamed too. I'm sorry for pushing him so hard on this board. he turned out to be a straight up psychopath. I expected it, but I thought he'd roleplay a statesman for his ego's sake. Turns out I couldn't even conceive of a consciousness so petty and impulsive, even when projecting his personality knowing of his narcissism.

He took the route he took on the pandemic for an electoral edge. Believe it. He aimed to suppress mail-in voting behind the scenes, suppress democratic turnout thru fear of disease, and boost in-person voting for his cohort only. Mass murderer of Americans. Even worse than the criminals before him. What a disaster. On top of that, he is an incompetent whose only talent turns out to be quipping. The way he fumbled everything to the floor leaves me so embarrassed I imagined intellect in him based on those ingenious debate performances.

Kasich tho, that's a laugh :p

Bidophile confirmed

Kaveh
01-21-2021, 10:29 PM
Biden isn’t that bad, he’s a Republican

imperiouskitten
01-21-2021, 11:28 PM
i wish i liked biden

Jibartik
01-22-2021, 12:25 AM

https://i.imgur.com/fW3LrGx.png

N0tClassic
01-22-2021, 02:26 AM

Suicides are the second leading cause of death among teens in The United States right now

A crashed economy will cost a lot more lives and misery than a virus from China

China is responsible for those 400K deaths

Not surprised someone who claims to have voted for Kasich of all people would make an idiot post like yours

You're really nothing more than a closet Bidophile

FatherSioux
01-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Biden signing mask mandates and then him and his family not following them.

National Guard forced to sleep in parking garages after no threat from the "White Supremacist and Capital terrorists".

Going to be a long four years with this Left control of society and culture. Pray for me.

magnetaress
01-22-2021, 10:17 AM
Suicides are the second leading cause of death among teens in The United States right now

Not surprised someone who claims to have voted for Kasich of all people would make an idiot post like yours

Y do u think teens are killing themselves.

I can give you some reasons, and solutions, but you probably won't like them.

P.s. America got unemployed and economy thrashed itself around, even if you don't blame Trump and blame China for Covid, these things are real and Trump wasn't gonna fix it. He was increasing Suicides, violent crime, and racism tho.

P.p.s. thot this was funny

https://i.imgur.com/PCinqlj.jpg
thats a big Nope LOL both positions

cd288
01-22-2021, 10:41 AM

National Guard forced to sleep in parking garages after no threat from the "White Supremacist and Capital terrorists".

Going to be a long four years with this Left control of society and culture. Pray for me.

After no threat? There were literally threats lol. And they’d already literally stormed the Capitol. This is a weird hill you’ve picked to die on lol

cd288
01-22-2021, 10:42 AM

Oh man Kaveh look what you’ve done. This snowflake is really pissed.

Gravydoo II
01-22-2021, 11:23 AM
You see how indoctrinated they are to HATE anyone whos not with trump?? Trump is not even the president anymore. Now, if you ever say "maybe trump was a mistake" they are going to jump all over you and put you down for leaving the bubble and going back to reality.

You're now a "bidenphile" if you're not following/worshiping a politician whos not even in office or running for office. Think about that.

Gravydoo II
01-22-2021, 11:25 AM

I like how you guys are now the mask police and SO observant to see hypocrisy but you couldn't for four years. Trump didnt make a single mistake or tell a single lie. He never went back on his word either. LOL

You didnt care about ANYTHING for 4 years and now OMMGGGG anything he does is an outrage and is sooooooo bad.

magnetaress
01-22-2021, 12:56 PM
After no threat? There were literally threats lol. And they’d already literally stormed the Capitol. This is a weird hill you’ve picked to die on lol

Oh man Kaveh look what you’ve done. This snowflake is really pissed.

You see how indoctrinated they are to HATE anyone whos not with trump?? Trump is not even the president anymore. Now, if you ever say "maybe trump was a mistake" they are going to jump all over you and put you down for leaving the bubble and going back to reality.

You're now a "bidenphile" if you're not following/worshiping a politician whos not even in office or running for office. Think about that.

I like how you guys are now the mask police and SO observant to see hypocrisy but you couldn't for four years. Trump didnt make a single mistake or tell a single lie. He never went back on his word either. LOL

You didnt care about ANYTHING for 4 years and now OMMGGGG anything he does is an outrage and is sooooooo bad.

:mad:

If all your gonna say is :mad:

Maybe don't say anything at all. Have a point. Make a case. Other than :mad:

Jibartik
01-22-2021, 01:02 PM

Dont forget that the first day of the new press secretary she laughed about how they spent $500,000 cleaning the White House before Biden moved in.

Half a million they laughingly spend to vacuum the White House... these are the people that are going to fix our government????

People are starving losing their homes losing their jobs we can’t get stimulus checks and overnight they spent $500,000 on cleaning??

50% of our vaccines are just lost but let’s not worry about that let’s spend $500,000 on vacuuming, then let’s all joke about it and think that that’s OK because we all unanimously agree that Trump is gross and that that’s how much it would cost to clean up after Trump?

We really do deserve all the pain and suffering we endure.

magnetaress
01-22-2021, 01:14 PM
I think it'd be fine if the Federal government just went away and states became countries. In some sort of world government.

But it won't. And Trump was worse, the waste was still there. Snowden's leak about the operational costs of our spy stuff was still relevant and the budget unchanged. The deficit still went up.

Nationalism is really failing.

Kaveh
01-22-2021, 01:23 PM

You are still more annoying than trump fans though

Think about that as you seek Christ this Sunday and ask foregiveness for being irksome

magnetaress
01-22-2021, 01:23 PM

Think about that as you seek Christ this Sunday and ask foregiveness for being irksome

Agreed 👍

Kaveh
01-22-2021, 01:24 PM

Can someone embed the “I know I’m gon get got” video of Marshawn lynch? Thanks and God bless!

Cassawary
01-22-2021, 02:04 PM
Can someone embed the “I know I’m gon get got” video of Marshawn lynch? Thanks and God bless!

E5d0KXJMRWQ

Cassawary
01-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Nwjx-pr2oT8

cd288
01-22-2021, 03:59 PM
Dont forget that the first day of the new press secretary she laughed about how they spent $500,000 cleaning the White House before Biden moved in.

Half a million they laughingly spend to vacuum the White House... these are the people that are going to fix our government????

People are starving losing their homes losing their jobs we can’t get stimulus checks and overnight they spent $500,000 on cleaning??

50% of our vaccines are just lost but let’s not worry about that let’s spend $500,000 on vacuuming, then let’s all joke about it and think that that’s OK because we all unanimously agree that Trump is gross and that that’s how much it would cost to clean up after Trump?

We really do deserve all the pain and suffering we endure.

No offense man but are you really so clueless as to think 500k was for vacuuming? We’re in the middle of a global pandemic and this is the residence of the leader of our country which has just been vacated by someone who thinks the virus is a hoax. I’d spend a ton to clean that place and make it virus free.

cd288
01-22-2021, 04:01 PM

The extreme right republicans are just as much fragile snowflakes as the leftist people who get offended by everything. As a more logical and moderate Republican, people like Sioux make me so embarrassed about my party affiliation because I don’t like being affiliated with such big snowflakes

Domo
01-22-2021, 04:10 PM
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

He betrayed America!!1111oneone

Thanks to him the GOP lost the House, the Senat and the White House!

He said there would be a Storm! But there is no Storm!

He's a Democrat in disguise!

Gravydoo II
01-22-2021, 06:17 PM

Maybe you should kill yourself to meet this great god of yours. Seems kinda irksome to wait to die when hes just waiting to love you with every throbbing inch of his being.
I'm sorry my words pierced the brain washing. Go back to licking trumps asshole, my apologies.

Mblake81
01-22-2021, 06:36 PM
LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

He betrayed America!!1111oneone

Thanks to him the GOP lost the House, the Senat and the White House!

He said there would be a Storm! But there is no Storm!

He's a Democrat in disguise!

BYOWdUiflTg

Caroll
01-22-2021, 10:43 PM

sorry you lost at life

And another Mario/Thulian account banned by yours truly. I'll do it forever.

imperiouskitten
01-22-2021, 10:59 PM
whos your main again Caroll?

also just posting to remind u Trump didn't pardon Assange, Snowden, or Chadley Manning after 4 years. Trust The Plan

Caroll
01-22-2021, 11:19 PM
Find another planet, make the same mistakes.

magnetaress
01-23-2021, 09:27 AM
Chelsea is
only 5'2"

Foxplay
01-24-2021, 01:19 AM
All it boils down to is if 17 Senate Republican's vote to convict

There could be all the evidence in the world it truly does not matter, the simple fact is it will take 17 Senate Republicans. Judging from the last four years finding 17 Senate republicans with a conscience that works beyond their own selfish partisan politics is next to impossible.

The one scenario where I see my prediction being wrong is if Republicans call for a blind(secret) ballot vote. This will signal they are directly ousting Trump from the party (by way of disqualifying him) in order to propel their chances at their own election campaigns in 2022 and any with aspiration's of running on the Republican Presidential ticket in 2024

Kaveh
01-24-2021, 01:44 PM
A secret ballot... that’ll really lower the number of Qanon domestic terrorist nut jobs....

That’s gonna be a no for me dawg

Caroll
01-24-2021, 03:16 PM
A secret ballot... that’ll really lower the number of Qanon domestic terrorist nut jobs....

Yes, we shouldn't do things because it will anger terrorists. Good logic. Appeasement has worked well throughout history.

Jibartik
01-24-2021, 03:23 PM
I saw an article that there is a growing "global apocalyptical alt right" movement.

So soon we're all going to get canceled for being cynical and depressed and posting about it online.

Because posting about stuff on social media literally was the only reason the civil war of nov 6th happened where all those lives were lost and the sanctity of democracy was shaken to the core.

smh I as a, non self described global apocalyptical alt righter, I say bring it on!

Cassawary
01-24-2021, 03:27 PM

Does texas not use secret ballot?

magnetaress
01-24-2021, 03:29 PM
I saw an article that there is a growing "global apocalyptical alt right" movement.

So soon we're all going to get canceled for being cynical and depressed and posting about it online.

Because posting about stuff on social media literally was the only reason the civil war of nov 6th happened where all those lives were lost and the sanctity of democracy was shaken to the core.

smh I as a, non self described global apocalyptical alt righter, I say bring it on!

Are u cumming thru my cellphone with ur guns.

Voting against 2a if so.

Gwaihir
01-24-2021, 06:03 PM
"This is a threat to (((our))) democracy."

Define (((our))) because it surely isn't (((you))) and I

Jibartik
01-24-2021, 06:14 PM
"will you hurry up? were late for church!"

"Im cumming mom!"

Kaveh
01-24-2021, 07:13 PM
Social media has definitely given a platform to the deranged and allowed bad ideas to proliferate. What is the alternative? To eliminate free speech and discourse? I don’t want to hear the “1st amendment only applies to government argument.” I’m wondering why we are dumb enough to be duped by nonsense. I quite regularly hear from otherwise intelligent people that vaccines are made from aborted fetuses. Why would anyone seeking to make a profit from vaccines make them in that manner? Head ass removal QUICK. Sadly, that’s just one example of bull shit that is somehow prevalent because of the echo chamber of dumb asses

Also, now that trump isn’t president, why are people still rioting in Portland and Seattle? When do we start stigmatizing unemployedness

Jibartik
01-24-2021, 08:08 PM
Same thing was said about the printing press though.

We got Protestantism out of it. Maybe Qanon is a new religion? It could happen!

Also, now that trump isn’t president, why are people still rioting in Portland and Seattle? When do we start stigmatizing unemployedness

This, and also I have seen 0% coverage of it, and narry a mention on mainstream news good morning LA type crap Ive been watching since I uncut my cable chord during this pandemo.

Do you guys realize each day they talk about like 5% of what we talk about? but like 500% more? so funny.

HalflingSpergand
01-24-2021, 08:35 PM
Populations aren't vaccinated for profit they are vaccinated to degrade and corral

Cassawary
01-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Same thing was said about the printing press though.

We got Protestantism out of it. Maybe Qanon is a new religion? It could happen!

This, and also I have seen 0% coverage of it, and narry a mention on mainstream news good morning LA type crap Ive been watching since I uncut my cable chord during this pandemo.

Do you guys realize each day they talk about like 5% of what we talk about? but like 500% more? so funny.

it's getting covered here(where it happened), I'm sorry you live in flyover

Jibartik
01-24-2021, 09:36 PM
What the guy getting run over? have you heard of the last 7 days? It wasn't on the news once.

Maybe you watch more tucker? I could see him covering it, I dont give him too much time.

Cassawary
01-24-2021, 09:47 PM
What the guy getting run over? have you heard of the last 7 days? It wasn't on the news once.

Maybe you watch more tucker? I could see him covering it, I dont give him too much time.

brandi kruse(based milf)

Boptop
01-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Senate trial is political and I assume a lot of them don't have law degrees. I would expect that the only way he is getting convicted/impeached is if enough Republicans see it in their political interests as the outrage starts to die down/people process their experience. So I think it's unlikely. Impeachment really ought to be a Supreme Court issue more than Senate issue, honestly.

azeth
01-24-2021, 10:29 PM
Senate trial is political and I assume a lot of them don't have law degrees. I would expect that the only way he is getting convicted/impeached is if enough Republicans see it in their political interests as the outrage starts to die down/people process their experience. So I think it's unlikely. Impeachment really ought to be a Supreme Court issue more than Senate issue, honestly.

Kaveh
01-25-2021, 12:55 AM
The senate was originally selected by state legislatures

In that context it should be no more or less partisan the the Supreme Court. Honestly, given how little our Congress actually does, the senate should be elected by lot

imperiouskitten
01-25-2021, 02:45 AM
hey guys im really late on this but,

remember the girl who got crushed to death with the don't tread on me flag?

"my eyes have seen the glory of the trampling at the zoo"

imperiouskitten
01-25-2021, 02:48 AM
brandi kruse(based milf)

shes sooooooooo hot

Cassawary
01-25-2021, 12:25 PM
moot (https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/politics/emoluments-supreme-court-donald-trump-case/index.html)

strongNpretty
01-25-2021, 01:12 PM
Mark me down as not a bidophile, hopeful for peace skeptical of unity. Is it really achievable? Do any of the violent, basic, generic, unprincipled authoritarians want unity? I believe even if they say they do, they lie. They want obedience and servility. I don't think sticking our necks out to get easily cut is something I could ask my fellow Americans to do.

I will research and get back to you on this.

I have no idea. First time I've heard of them.

----

My initial comment was in jest, sarcastic, facetious. Not at all intended to discriminate. Or compete on the basis of pigmentation, or a lack there of.

Could you please report your findings on Del the Funkey Homosapien now?

strongNpretty
01-25-2021, 01:13 PM

Haha yes he's on a couple Gorillaz tracks.. But he's the man on his own.. Fun fact- Ice Cubes Cousin..

Educate yourself with some real fuckin hip hop!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSVYKMk-Zk

Boptop
01-25-2021, 01:59 PM
The senate was originally selected by state legislatures

In that context it should be no more or less partisan the the Supreme Court. Honestly, given how little our Congress actually does, the senate should be elected by lot

That's neat, I didn't know it. Do you know what year they changed over and potential reasons why?

Toxigen
01-25-2021, 03:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ezUnA3K.jpg

Gwaihir
01-25-2021, 04:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ezUnA3K.jpg

You can tell he's "special" and definitely not just some boring "Normy" because half of his bangs are rust colored.

Kaveh
01-25-2021, 05:18 PM
That's neat, I didn't know it. Do you know what year they changed over and potential reasons why?

Partisanship preceding slavery and following Reconstruction. I’d have to google the year, it was early 20th century I believe

Kaveh
01-25-2021, 05:19 PM
I favor election by lot, mainly because no one ever intended our entire government to be composed of lawyers

A Knight
01-25-2021, 05:38 PM
I still haven't gotten a clear answer if republic means people elect people to run the country because pure democracy can't work. The definition online seems so.

My hypocritical spider senses think that the president should be a military leader and had served in the military.

But then someone cool like willie nelson couldn't be president. But maybe we could bring presidents back to not doing anything unless there is war or he thinks something is really bad that it needs a veto. Not sure if it was ever actually that way. But if the "senate"/ congress really just runs thing, it may turn back into rome where senators stab each other and then there is a tribunal because congress is just super high school.

Gwaihir
01-25-2021, 05:48 PM
I favor election by lot, mainly because no one ever intended our entire government to be composed of lawyers

(((Lawyers)))

See Saducees

Wrekt
01-25-2021, 06:01 PM
crypto fascism ^

A Knight
01-25-2021, 06:27 PM
Not tribunal. Whats the Tri-thing from rome called? Once rome was like, "Ehhh... this democracy thing was cool." and after was like, "but how bought we split rule?"

What if there was 3 presidents? You think things would be nuts?

Gwaihir
01-25-2021, 07:15 PM
(((Lawyers)))

See Saducees

The Sadducees refused to go beyond the written Torah (first five books of the Bible) and thus, unlike the Pharisees, denied the immortality of the soul, bodily resurrection after death, and the existence of angelic spirits. (Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Sadducee)

The Saducees were the "interpreters" of the "Law" who essentially denied all of the supernatural implications of the Jewish mythos and instead devoted 100% of their efforts into interpretting the "Law" only.

They were haggling litigious connivers.

as a note aside, you ever notice how our resident lefties (The Smart Ones) can never approach anything from an honest position of scholarly diligence? Their response is simply "Nah-uh" with nothing scholarly, whatsoever, to justify their rebuttal.

"The Smart Ones" Scientismists

Gwaihir
01-25-2021, 07:20 PM
Not tribunal. Whats the Tri-thing from rome called? Once rome was like, "Ehhh... this democracy thing was cool." and after was like, "but how bought we split rule?"

What if there was 3 presidents? You think things would be nuts?

You're thinking of the "Triumvirate" between Crassus, Pompey, and Julius Caesar

A Knight
01-25-2021, 08:36 PM
You're thinking of the "Triumvirate" between Crassus, Pompey, and Julius Caesar

Who knows what could happen in the future. I know greeks say they started democracy. And Britain always likes to add, "The foundation of American government started in the UK. You all just are holding a grudge." But I think there is some truth that America took rome and said, "Why not try rome 2.0?" If no one has ever tried 3 presidents /shrugs.

Maybe we could take the hippy route where they say communism could work on a small island. Get a small island and try 3 presidents. Hehe just messing around.

Gwaihir
01-25-2021, 08:48 PM
The Triumvirate didn't really work though, it just simplified the path of consolidation toward absolute monarchy.

Pompey was disingenuously encouraged to continue warmongering, which lead to his eventual and inevitable defeat and death, then it was just a duopoly which quickly crumbled when Caesar returned victorious from Gaul and crossed the Rubicon to wrest the pseudo-control Crassus thought he had consolidated.

A Knight
01-25-2021, 08:54 PM
The Triumvirate didn't really work though, it just simplified the path of consolidation toward absolute monarchy.

Pompey was disingenuously encouraged to continue warmongering, which lead to his eventual and inevitable defeat and death, then it was just a duopoly which quickly crumbled when Caesar returned victorious from Gaul and crossed the Rubicon to wrest the pseudo-control Crassus thought he had consolidated.

People thought democracy didn't work back in the day either. Now it does. I don't really think a triumvirate would work. Just pressing the issue for the sake of thought exercise and boredom.

Nilstoniakrath
01-25-2021, 11:44 PM
All it boils down to is if 17 Senate Republican's vote to convict

There could be all the evidence in the world it truly does not matter, the simple fact is it will take 17 Senate Republicans. Judging from the last four years finding 17 Senate republicans with a conscience that works beyond their own selfish partisan politics is next to impossible.

The one scenario where I see my prediction being wrong is if Republicans call for a blind(secret) ballot vote. This will signal they are directly ousting Trump from the party (by way of disqualifying him) in order to propel their chances at their own election campaigns in 2022 and any with aspiration's of running on the Republican Presidential ticket in 2024

The Republican party is dead. You think that some other RINO has a chance in 2024? You are delusional. And even if the Republicans had a spine and Trump is allowed to run next time, the built in rules now in place that allow secret printing presses to pump out Democrat ballots mean that Trump is probably the last Republican to occupy the White House.

Tethler
01-26-2021, 12:12 AM
Nah, I seriously doubt the senate will convict. Repubs gonna drag feet for a few election cycles until it's not fresh in everyones mind anymore and they feel safe enough to throw in their "no" votes.

I really don't think any of them really ever intended to convict. Just the handful that showed their faux outrage because it's bad optics to not oppose insurrection.

Kaveh
01-26-2021, 11:18 AM

Uhhh

You mixed up Crassus and Pompey

Kaveh
01-26-2021, 11:21 AM
Pompey’s campaigns in the East and his defeat of the Mediterranean pirates are pretty imaginative accomplishments. Caesar’s military victory was, by no means, a forgone conclusion

Marcus Agrippa was the biggest G of the late republic / early empire era. That or germanicus

Cassawary
01-26-2021, 08:34 PM
MCCONNELL votes is support of Rand Paul motion that impeachment trial of a former president is unconstitutional. (https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1354160834180771842)

imperiouskitten
01-26-2021, 08:58 PM
important to spend that early administration political capital on impeaching ded president. otherwise u might be forced to achieve policy "objectives" u always intended to bungle

Cassawary
01-26-2021, 09:07 PM
important to spend that early administration political capital on impeaching ded president. otherwise u might be forced to achieve policy "objectives" u always intended to bungle

you're winning :mad:

Boptop
01-26-2021, 09:11 PM

Have you seen all the executive orders? At 78 Biden has to go on an any% speedrun.

imperiouskitten
01-26-2021, 09:12 PM
you know what they say, you gotta strike orange man while the iron is hot

Nilstoniakrath
01-26-2021, 11:30 PM

Nothing will ever get done, by either party. To do so would only lose a wedge issue with your own base, and dampen your own support while riling up the other side. Hence why Obama didnt ban guns, implement Medicare for all, universal income, etc when the Dems had a filibuster proof majority in 2009 and why Repubs couldnt repeal Obamacare or Roe v Wade when they controlled all sections of government in 2017. They are just playing you fools who believe US politics is a life or death battle, while they suck up the lobbyist donations to their own personal benefit.

Cassawary
01-26-2021, 11:35 PM
Nothing will ever get done, by either party. To do so would only lose a wedge issue with your own base, and dampen your own support while riling up the other side. Hence why Obama didnt ban guns, implement Medicare for all, universal income, etc when the Dems had a filibuster proof majority in 2009 and why Repubs couldnt repeal Obamacare or Roe v Wade when they controlled all sections of government in 2017. They are just playing you fools who believe US politics is a life or death battle, while they suck up the lobbyist donations to their own personal benefit.

Can only pass 1 bill a year without 60 senate votes

The gridlock is systemic

Jibartik
01-27-2021, 01:48 AM
Trumps first patriot party nominee right here. (https://youtu.be/TlIqrtVxahQ)

Tethler
01-27-2021, 03:59 AM
Can only pass 1 bill a year without 60 senate votes

The gridlock is systemic

Getting rid of the fillibuster might help a bit, but the hyper partisanship is so out of control now.

magnetaress
01-27-2021, 02:59 PM
Trumps first patriot party nominee right here. (https://youtu.be/TlIqrtVxahQ)

We had the occult, now we have.

The e-cult.

And the iCult.

And we have idiots who think labeling themselves a patriot makes it so.

Nilstoniakrath
01-27-2021, 11:32 PM

The e-cult.

And the iCult.

Then again, we have you

Wrekt
01-27-2021, 11:58 PM

crazy/mentally impaired babble.

crazy/mentally impaired babble.

Just like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not a democracy and the National Socialist German Workers' Party is not socialist.

This Beer Hall Putsch failed partly because the orange draft dodger didn't have the intestinal fortitude to lead his putsch in person like his hero did back in the Weimar Republic.

Chronological playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVXH9iglOLfbufcSYVpqdllxp-ZXCU6Ic

DMN
01-29-2021, 08:06 PM
the National Socialist German Workers' Party is not socialist.

So you know more about economics than Keynes or Hayek, eh?