PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: The Dead (faction) vs. Erudite Necromancer

Asminthe
05-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I spent a lot of time playing an Erudite Necromancer in the classic period (I remember how excited I was when my people finally had a city), and I am almost certain that there are factions in Neriak on Project1999 that I do not have an authentic initial faction standing with.

Most notably: The Dead, the necromancer/shadowknight faction. Neriak was my home away from home and at times I even roleplayed my character as an ambassador to the city, and the way I remember it is that none of the Dark Elves I had to pass by or interact with to purchase spells or train attacked me on sight. I do believe the ghouls outside the guild were aggressive, however, because at low levels I recall using invisibility vs. undead on my way inside.

It's also possible that some of the other factions I didn't have to go near disliked me and I've forgotten out of never really having had to deal with it. The enchanters/wizards/magicians, for example, might have attacked me on sight and I would have easily and naturally avoided confrontation on the way to the necromancers.

All I've been able to find in the way of old reference material is this post (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/races.html?race=6&page=1&howmany=50#msg100552547879769) from 2001 that says, when discussing the places that Erudite Necromancers can freely go:
All of Neriak is open with the exception of the SK/Necro Guild. You MUST cast invis to undead before passing the Ghouls at the entrance. Once they aggro on you, the Guards will too.

redghosthunter
05-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Its good to see people who do their homework.

Sundawg
03-06-2012, 12:41 AM
The ghouls of neriak were fixed a few patches ago. Move this to resolved.