PDA

View Full Version : How deeply in debt are you?

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 01:42 PM
Please include car notes and home loans.

Jibartik
01-16-2021, 01:44 PM
Sounds like the start of a conversation, with a communist, if you asked me.

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 01:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/XKSYuYP.gif?

Bonethunder
01-16-2021, 02:02 PM
No reverse scale for people not in debt ?

feniin
01-16-2021, 02:06 PM
Just the remainder of my mortgage. No CC debt or other outstanding loans.

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 02:10 PM
Just the remainder of my mortgage. No CC debt or other outstanding loans.

Do you like your mortgage?

Gwaihir
01-16-2021, 02:16 PM

"If you like it, you can keep it!"

magnetaress
01-16-2021, 03:13 PM
The universe is going to claim it's due soon enough.

I don't feel like a monetary value is correct. But I picked the biggest number, just because it seemed appropriate.

imperiouskitten
01-16-2021, 03:15 PM
i am never ever going to pay those debts so do they really exist

Gravydoo II
01-16-2021, 03:17 PM
zero.

feniin
01-16-2021, 04:31 PM

That's a weird question. I wish I did not have one but I'd also rather not throw away money every month for rent in an apartment.

GinnasP99
01-16-2021, 05:07 PM
0-5k. Car note paid off in 350 bucks (2 payments).
Once that's gone, I'm absolved of all debt. Also got about 3ish years of bills in cash, still working every day.

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 05:33 PM
That's a weird question. I wish I did not have one but I'd also rather not throw away money every month for rent in an apartment.

Once that's gone, I'm absolved of all debt. Also got about 3ish years of bills in cash, still working every day.

Do you regret selling yourself into economic slavery?

imperiouskitten
01-16-2021, 05:36 PM

HA HA HA u drivin a BUCKEt son

just kidding, me too. i can't understand people who work for a living and don't drive buckets tbh. points to consumerist sickness. Like, I know you're treading water just fine, but do you have anything left with which to help others? are you liquid enough to, like, pick up your friends and leave for another country without endemic diseases when smallpox resurges in our newly 3rd world nation? do you get anxious and wish girls would pay for dates and stuff like a cuck? why are you okay with that? if you aren't rich yet, you aren't rich yet so drive a bucket. and God don't tell me you're some sad case with a weak ass 401k financial mediocrity plan and everything's on track for that $2 million at 65 dream.

i havent drove my ole bucket in months and months and months, the battery died cuz i didnt start it for awhile. still paying insurance, its like "The Man" makes u pay a note whether u rock tax free cash grips at the car lot or not.

i'm not totally in on this concept of mortgage-as-ownership. The opportunity cost lost in shoveling all that money into a veery slowly appreciating object, with your gains offset also by interest . . . reckon i'll buy my next house cash if i don't get one for free from a dead person or fan inside of 5 years or so. You know, from someone who finished paying off their house treadmill 3 years ago and no longer has any animating force left in them. and until then, bitcoin is going to 125k relatively soon. within a year pretty sure. listen, I'm a bitcoin heckler but it's going there just like that Tesla ponzi. so i'm glad i'm not paying $2500/mo to live and convincing myself it's investing. Every dollar of equity in there is dollars you put into kind of a weak investment, y'know. With expenses like that I'd have no love to give and I'd be bbbroke too, I retired at 29 my income is limited I need big returns not some +60% gain over 25 years offset by 58% interest premium paid but looks like i made money because of inflation.

so yeah, i'm renting an apartment but we'll see whether he whose laugh lasts laffs last. ps i'm trolling about the bitcoin, it's a lollegory for the whole juiced market which is wayyy better than real estate unless you're a low ambition billionaire looking to never lose their standing or maybe just want to safely leverage your position into a larger meta-objective like gaining first person political power.

edit: whoops I thought you meant your car was $700, lol

Tunabros
01-16-2021, 05:47 PM

Gravydoo II
01-16-2021, 06:11 PM
HA HA HA u drivin a BUCKEt son

just kidding, me too. i can't understand people who work for a living and don't drive buckets tbh. points to consumerist sickness. Like, I know you're treading water just fine, but do you have anything left with which to help others? are you liquid enough to, like, pick up your friends and leave for another country without endemic diseases when smallpox resurges in our newly 3rd world nation? do you get anxious and wish girls would pay for dates and stuff like a cuck? why are you okay with that? if you aren't rich yet, you aren't rich yet so drive a bucket. and God don't tell me you're some sad case with a weak ass 401k financial mediocrity plan and everything's on track for that $2 million at 65 dream.

i havent drove my ole bucket in months and months and months, the battery died cuz i didnt start it for awhile. still paying insurance, its like "The Man" makes u pay a note whether u rock tax free cash grips at the car lot or not.

i'm not totally in on this concept of mortgage-as-ownership. The opportunity cost lost in shoveling all that money into a veery slowly appreciating object, with your gains offset also by interest . . . reckon i'll buy my next house cash if i don't get one for free from a dead person or fan inside of 5 years or so. You know, from someone who finished paying off their house treadmill 3 years ago and no longer has any animating force left in them. and until then, bitcoin is going to 125k relatively soon. within a year pretty sure. listen, I'm a bitcoin heckler but it's going there just like that Tesla ponzi. so i'm glad i'm not paying $2500/mo to live and convincing myself it's investing. Every dollar of equity in there is dollars you put into kind of a weak investment, y'know. With expenses like that I'd have no love to give and I'd be bbbroke too, I retired at 29 my income is limited I need big returns not some +60% gain over 25 years offset by 58% interest premium paid but looks like i made money because of inflation.

so yeah, i'm renting an apartment but we'll see whether he whose laugh lasts laffs last. ps i'm trolling about the bitcoin, it's a lollegory for the whole juiced market which is wayyy better than real estate unless you're a low ambition billionaire looking to never lose their standing or maybe just want to safely leverage your position into a larger meta-objective like gaining first person political power.

edit: whoops I thought you meant your car was $700, lol

Seriously though, fuck a new car. Buy used, buy all at once. Dont have to pay stupid insurance rates for full coverage.

HalflingSpergand
01-16-2021, 06:41 PM
No debt literally at all and also I'm a handsomillionaire

Mesocyclone
01-16-2021, 06:57 PM
Car: paid for
Home: paid off
Land: paid off
College Loan: paid off

My debt includes: utilities, groceries, and smoke lol

hobart
01-16-2021, 07:49 PM
I have a positive net worth. I do carry debt on real estate. It's stupid to not at least have a mortgage for most homeowners, but for some it makes sense. CAP rates are too high to not justify leverage on investments in today's market.

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 08:06 PM
I have a positive net worth. I do carry debt on real estate. It's stupid to not at least have a mortgage for most homeowners, but for some it makes sense. CAP rates are too high to not justify leverage on investments in today's market.

You make it sound like debt can be useful!

Advanced Dadding & Dragons 😛

imperiouskitten
01-16-2021, 08:07 PM
whats a CAP rate

also, i'd reconsider mortgage for house if kids were involved btw but breederism is its own discussion

HalflingSpergand
01-16-2021, 08:52 PM
Mortgages are a scam quite literally. Soon they will pay you to take a home loan, the money is 100% fabricated banks don't own anything. Its a scam for slavery.

FatherSioux
01-16-2021, 11:37 PM
Shocking, all of p99 manages money well and has plenty of it. :rolleyes:

Cassawary
01-16-2021, 11:55 PM
Shocking, all of p99 manages money well and has plenty of it. :rolleyes:

The plurality of respondents manage money quite poorly, really. :cool:

imperiouskitten
01-17-2021, 01:23 AM
ive been poor and homeless narrated it right here. nuthin to fear, nuthin to hide. my ego is invested in my visible abs and sated husband.

but them po days are OVER jack, nothing like a hard lesson or two to scare you str8. now i'm stockpiling crypto kittens cuz theyll be worth something one day

Shourty
01-17-2021, 03:11 AM

HalflingSpergand
01-17-2021, 10:01 AM
A person could be basement dwelling/mooching/homeless/stay at home son and be debt free so it's not that impressive really, but being a handsome millionaire is

azeth
01-17-2021, 12:03 PM
Including home loans in this is odd. Whats the point of this thread?

Cassawary
01-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Including home loans in this is odd. Whats the point of this thread?

Why is it odd? I'm just curious how insolvent these Dads are.

azeth
01-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Why is it odd? I'm just curious how insolvent these Dads are.

Well, those who do not have a mortgage, nor own a home are likely to be in a worse situation financially than those who do

FatherSioux
01-17-2021, 12:48 PM
Remember, any inequalities present in a system are due to a racist system. Human agency isn’t real and free-will is a far right conspiracy.

Toehammer
01-17-2021, 01:15 PM
whats a CAP rate

also, i'd reconsider mortgage for house if kids were involved btw but breederism is its own discussion

CAP rate is basically the ratio of profit to purchase price (usually discussed in real estate). If you get 12k in rent, spend 2k in operating costs, on a rental property you bought for 100k, it would be (12-2)/100= 10% CAP rate. It is basically the profitability as an investment. It is just another (not so fancy) finance term for rate of return after costs.

The main reason a mortgage is a good investment for the average person is because the average person is terrible and saves almost nothing... the mortgage is like a forced savings plan that reduces in cost over time. However, the opportunity cost of a mortgage compared to simply renting a cheaper place and throwing surplus in a broad market stock index like VTSAX or SP500 is shocking.

Also to those above who suggest leveraging mortgages... tread lightly!

HalflingSpergand
01-17-2021, 01:18 PM
If u buy a 600000 dollar house u pay 1 million for a wood box

Gwaihir
01-17-2021, 02:42 PM
Remember, any inequalities present in a system are due to a racist system. Human agency isn’t real and free-will is a far right conspiracy.

Sounds legit

After all

2=3
Because inequalities is racist n shiet

imperiouskitten
01-17-2021, 09:36 PM
its weird how pre-loss Trumpers were like pretty tight lipped on their racism. I felt like I was the only racist left. now that it's over we're back to "din du" talkies

Tunabros
01-17-2021, 09:47 PM
god this sounds all so scary

Cassawary
01-18-2021, 12:09 AM
did we decide debt is good yet? i'm bored of this idea

Jibartik
01-18-2021, 12:10 AM
2% interest rates, yes it is very good.

Cassawary
01-18-2021, 12:13 AM
2% interest rates, yes it is very good.

i think you have to beat interest to win at money?

might be inflation not too sure

Kaveh
01-18-2021, 02:39 AM
Debt is bad actually, usury being illegal was the right idea

Bardp1999
01-18-2021, 03:24 AM
Truck - Paid
College - Paid
Credit Cards - 2k
House - roughly 360k left on my note - Zillow lists the house worth 410k so not sure this is really 'debt' since I have equity in the place.

Buying properly is rarly foolish. You are not a slave to the system because you want a nice house and don't want to live under a bridge and bury your money in coffee cans (because the bank is evil). Debt is only bad if you cant afford it.

imperiouskitten
01-18-2021, 03:49 AM
Truck - Paid
College - Paid
Credit Cards - 2k
House - roughly 360k left on my note - Zillow lists the house worth 410k so not sure this is really 'debt' since I have equity in the place.

Buying properly is rarly foolish. You are not a slave to the system because you want a nice house and don't want to live under a bridge and bury your money in coffee cans (because the bank is evil). Debt is only bad if you cant afford it.

i cant afford shit until im real n word rich

yo mileage may vary

Jimjam
01-18-2021, 04:13 AM
Our greatest debt is to Rogbog.

Spud
01-31-2021, 02:53 PM
Buy bitcoin

Jibartik
01-31-2021, 02:55 PM
I took out a 50k loan to buy GME at 300 so basically I'm gonna be a millionaire.

feniin
01-31-2021, 04:08 PM
I took out a 50k loan to buy GME at 300 so basically I'm gonna be a millionaire.

should have taken a 300k loan to buy GME at 50 :D

Disease
01-31-2021, 04:17 PM

If you got that loan on deffered payments, you might have just hit a score.

imperiouskitten
01-31-2021, 10:55 PM

watd u tell the bank agent?? :O

theyre gonna want to see that dragon dildo factory u toldem ur booting up

Jibartik
02-01-2021, 12:34 AM
Im Jk I did not sorry I wish I had hands made of diamonds that hard.

imperiouskitten
02-01-2021, 05:19 AM
Im Jk I did not sorry I wish I had hands made of diamonds that hard.

The trick is holding ur dick a lot. Like makes like. My bank account has swoled up nicely since I started keeping Juris's maintained.

koelek
02-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Hi! I agree with you. Many people take out loans but don't know how to pay them, and some even come across scammers. There is nothing wrong with loans, the main thing is to know how to repay the debt later, and how much you need a loan. I needed a loan to buy a property and turned to Mortgage Broker Nottingham (https://www.nottinghammoneyman.com/) on the advice of my friend who works as a lawyer because he understands which companies are good. I was helped to process all the documents and I was satisfied with the service. Now my business is developing and I calmly pay the debt, I don't regret that I invested in this business

Cassawary
02-16-2021, 12:08 PM
Hi! I agree with you. Many people take out loans but don't know how to pay them, and some even come across scammers. There is nothing wrong with loans, the main thing is to know how to repay the debt later, and how much you need a loan. I needed a loan to buy a property and turned to Mortgage Broker Nottingham (https://www.nottinghammoneyman.com/) on the advice of my friend who works as a lawyer because he understands which companies are good. I was helped to process all the documents and I was satisfied with the service. Now my business is developing and I calmly pay the debt, I don't regret that I invested in this business

you are a bot

bubur
02-16-2021, 12:52 PM
the biggest debt is to the friends we met along the way

Secrets
02-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Currently on the $0-4999 scale. Feels good

azeth
02-16-2021, 03:12 PM
I wish this poll included only credit card debt. I find that much more interesting.

FatherSioux
02-16-2021, 04:28 PM
Liberals are bad with money (https://www.credello.com/financial-resources/credit/red-vs-blue-states-debt-and-credit-scores/)

magnetaress
02-16-2021, 04:57 PM
I can never repay the price my life was bought with.

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 06:42 PM
yq_E3HquRJY

Baler
04-05-2021, 06:43 PM
I don't owe any money to anyone anywhere and always pay in cash.

zero dept. Sorry if mad.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 07:10 PM
yq_E3HquRJY

I hate this guy because he is a wormtongue but Im gonna watch this to see how he explains that debt is good.

Baler
04-05-2021, 07:11 PM
I hate this guy but Im gonna watch this to see how he explains that debt is good.

HE'S NOT EVEN A FUCKING AMERICAN.

but he's going to explain america's dept issues? GTFO

Snortles Chortles
04-05-2021, 07:14 PM
i use gold bricks as currency
imagine having debt
(LOL)

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 07:20 PM
lol told you he would say debt is good: https://youtu.be/yq_E3HquRJY?t=336

took him 5 minuets lol

https://i.imgur.com/XTIL3ma.png

oh phew, relax liberals, the 0.01% owns half of our goverment.

smfh "american people" LOL

Argument 1 for debt is good: If you invest in great thigns that go up in value, your debt becomes profit! lol yeah I bet my debt on a roulette game and look at me now, i am SMART!

now he is saying that tesla, amazon and google all became successful companies because they took on debt

I feel like I am going to explode here

https://i.imgur.com/ka2hHlA.gif

now he is ranting about how democrats are better than republicans for 15 minuets.

HIS CONCLUSION: how much debt is too much? Nobody really knows. So it isnt how much should we spend it's that we should invest wisely.

OH great advice! I should just only win. *SMH & SHAKING*

Not once in 22 minuet show he didn't even bring up let alone seriously consider a single argument against spending haha omg not ONE con for his list of pro's. God I hate this sunovabitch.

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 07:25 PM
lol told you he would say debt is good: https://youtu.be/yq_E3HquRJY?t=336

took him 5 minuets lol

https://i.imgur.com/XTIL3ma.png

oh phew, relax liberals, the 0.01% owns half of our goverment.

it's a patriotic way to beat inflation

now he is ranting about how democrats are better than republicans for 15 minuets.

I thought that part was dumb too, but I'm eviler than most

Baler
04-05-2021, 07:30 PM
I feel like I am going to explode here

filed under mad because non-american explains America to a non-american.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 07:39 PM
The entire thesis:

"if you only bet on winners, gambling is smart! and since nobody knows what happens when you run out of money just dont count your losses and keep going!"

Baler
04-05-2021, 07:41 PM
gambling is not smart.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 07:43 PM
No it is if you only bet on winners though.

Baler
04-05-2021, 07:46 PM
No it is if you only bet on winners though.

no it's not,. that is why it's called a gamble.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 07:49 PM
no it's not,. that is why it's called a gamble.

no but the only reason its gambling is because sometimes we let republicans bet if it was only democrats we would only win, so its easy not to lose see?

Baler
04-05-2021, 07:56 PM
how in dept are you Jibartik

I owe NOTHING, zero dept. IT's an amazing feeling!

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 07:59 PM
thesis

dept

the two genders

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 08:00 PM
I actually subscribe to the debt can be valuble if invested correctly, but I am not a nation of 320 million retards (just one with diamond hands)

(and also debt is good now for individuals because if I am right 1 dollar will = like 5$ in a couple years so it will virtually vanish)

(make that bet and take out a loan because gambling isnt gambling when you only make wise investments and jibartik told you so) (see why that is an assnhine argument, god i cant believe he is on HBO)

Baler
04-05-2021, 08:04 PM
feeling value by being in dept,. oof
What are they teaching in schools.

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 08:06 PM
assnhine

dept

pls stop

Baler
04-05-2021, 08:08 PM
I'm happy with the way I pronounce dept,. you have a problem with it, that's your own fault.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 08:08 PM
lol sorry cass I am officially retarded and that I can say because I do own GME and it's our word.

baler 2-4% interest rate during this economic system is a good investment let alone when you are staring at the barrel of inflation.

It's like buying gold.

Which is part of the reason we're staring down the barrel of inflation and I am scared of it cassa (also because I am addicted to doom)

My biggest terror is that a lot of the loans that went out last year to stimulate the economy dont get repaid and the banks get some sort of bailout, and what we essentially did in that scenario is printed money, and then im afraid in Ohio like in 5 years a mcdonalds meal is 25$ for a 4 piece nuggets fries and a drink.

But cassa is right i am addicted to doom so none of that will happen and everything will be fine and john oliver is good.

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 08:12 PM
I'm happy with the way I pronounce dept,. you have a problem with it, that's your own fault.

https://i.imgur.com/2IQynpo.jpg

Baler
04-05-2021, 08:14 PM
atleast i'm not in https://i.imgur.com/2k9K9JQ.png

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 08:15 PM
a mortgege is debt and a good investment (unless my theories are correct and ww3 is looming) but some debt is good, just make sure you only win when you spend it.

Baler
04-05-2021, 08:17 PM
a mortgege is debt and a good investment (unless my theories are correct and ww3 is looming) but some debt is good, just make sure you only win when you spend it.

My bank keeps trying to talk me into getting debt(dept) so I can build credit and i'm like. I pay in cash :cool:

I don't need credit, credit is scam. It's brainwashing.

However I've lived on the same property I bought over 10 years ago. not totally up on what's the happening now in 2021 for buying land.

Jibartik
04-05-2021, 08:31 PM
Yeah man owning a house outright is basically peak living IMO no real need to go anywhere else from there, a home you love, that you own? That's a spot to spend the next 40-60 years :o

Cassawary
04-05-2021, 09:28 PM
My bank keeps trying to talk me into getting debt(dept) so I can build credit and i'm like. I pay in cash :cool:

I don't need credit, credit is scam. It's brainwashing.

However I've lived on the same property I bought over 10 years ago. not totally up on what's the happening now in 2021 for buying land.

That's respectable for an individual but operating a nation on the same principles is suicidally ignorant

Kaveh
04-06-2021, 09:43 AM
That's respectable for an individual but operating a nation on the same principles is suicidally ignorant

Debt is also suicidal longterm. If we can’t raise interest rates, we will see inequality continue to spiral. That or we’re going to outright confiscate property in the name of redistribution, which pretty much undermines the entire purpose of the experiment started at Lexington and concord

magnetaress
04-06-2021, 10:00 AM
America should have been the one issuing debt to the rest of the world. All the foreign aid? Should have come with a contract. Foreign wars. Paid in full up front by not us.

I have zero respect for people because of this. While my respect is at zero. Doesn't mean I don't care about my fellow Americans. But trust. Lol.

Cassawary
04-06-2021, 10:03 AM
America should have been the one issuing debt to the rest of the world. All the foreign aid? Should have come with a contract. Foreign wars. Paid in full up front by not us.

I have zero respect for people because of this. While my respect is at zero. Doesn't mean I don't care about my fellow Americans. But trust. Lol.

We kinda do, as the reserve currency.