PDA

View Full Version : Grouping on red is too fast, creatures to much pressure to level.

magnetaress
01-13-2021, 11:00 AM
Fight me.

It's not the chill experience that EQ should be.

We should nerf all exp bonus's immediately.

I get in groups and ppl chase the moon, they can't pleasantly kill greens and farm bronze.

This is a genuine rant.

I'm actually upset.

Tassador
01-13-2021, 12:06 PM
I’ll add to this guy drug induced rant. EQ has and will always be about the journey. If you microwave that journey your ending will be just as quick.

Tunabros
01-13-2021, 01:02 PM
sorry but this is drugs

magnetaress
01-13-2021, 01:07 PM
My feelins aren't urt i can barely type/think/feel today is a bad one.

Glad I got NEJENA ALL TO MYSELF THOUGH.

Jimjam
01-13-2021, 01:12 PM
Fight me.

It's not the chill experience that EQ should be.

We should nerf all exp bonus's immediately.

I get in groups and ppl chase the moon, they can't pleasantly kill greens and farm bronze.

This is a genuine rant.

I'm actually upset.

I actually agree with you.

magnetaress
01-13-2021, 01:12 PM
I actually agree with you.

Ya i enjoy spending time with u too. but yikes that exp is nuts???!

Jimjam
01-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Ya i enjoy spending time with u too. but yikes that exp is nuts???!

It's nuts. Camps get outlevelled in a matter of hours. The target moves too fast. You don't get time to establish broader alliances or rivalries. It's just a race track to 50.

I remember now why I stopped playing red the first time, the xp boost just bypasses some of the best levels of the game.

Tassador
01-13-2021, 04:20 PM
sorry but this is drugs

I can confirm from playing years with these clowns a drug induced rant. Fast exp did hurt the server more than anything. It’s like that friend who wants to comeback and play you gear him up land level him only to see him quit after one raid. EQ never been for the instants...

Penish
01-13-2021, 05:47 PM
One of my fondest memories of EQ was spending 300 hours in MM to get from 18 to 40.. or wait it wasn't. My bad.

magnetaress
01-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Drugs but ya.

Idk why I roll alts when I approach endgame. I really do want to get my cleric, mage, towards the end of velious. I think I may be able to be happy bouncing between those two.

I should round out my alts with a warrior or ranger though.

Raclen
01-15-2021, 10:48 AM
You can't get to the end of Velious on this server anymore.

magnetaress
01-15-2021, 11:45 AM
You can't get to the end of Velious on this server anymore.

It's EQ, were we supposed to?

I bet in 3 more years it's possible we good.

Gustoo
01-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Its funny that most of the players still around seem to agree on the rejection of non classic changes like accelerated EXP, global OOC, and yellow text.

Jimjam
01-15-2021, 05:34 PM
Its funny that most of the players still around seem to agree on the rejection of non classic changes like accelerated EXP, global OOC, and yellow text.

We could also say the people who aren't players of Red also rejected these features, even more strongly!

It's unanimous, some of us just hang around in spite of it.

Delete red, launch Faydwer only. Cap level 39. Decent size area for a few dozen people to play in.

Gustoo
01-19-2021, 01:58 PM
Faydwer only would be an easy solution to a funmode pvp server.

1000%

Dreaming hard.

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 02:36 PM
I agree.

I think we should invert the exp curve, making it exponentially harder the closer to 60 ppl get.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 03:18 PM
But friend, the exp curve is inverted. It may not be exponentially harder, but it is harder.

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 03:31 PM
People probably wouldn't play on a server it took 10 years to get 60 but it's a neat idea :p

If we could trade exp or switch classes but have a really slow server might be cool.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 03:36 PM
I like slow speed to getting to max.

But I don't like excessive grinding.

I like the journey and part of that is the non grinding part of it. The time wasting traveling the quests that yield very little but take a lot of back and forth traveling, and maybe finding random items in game.

But killing orcs in crushbone for like 200 hours play time isn't the peak of my fun levels. PVPing in crushbone is though.

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 03:59 PM
Yeah, this is the serious flaw of slow exp.

I like slow speed to getting to max.

But I don't like excessive grinding.

I like the journey and part of that is the non grinding part of it. The time wasting traveling the quests that yield very little but take a lot of back and forth traveling, and maybe finding random items in game.

But killing orcs in crushbone for like 200 hours play time isn't the peak of my fun levels. PVPing in crushbone is though.

Stasis01
01-21-2021, 04:09 PM
No one wants to sit in CT grinding generic alligators for 15 hours.

That time has passed. The "journey" has already happened, you guys can cry all u want. No one will play that garbage.

Tunabros
01-21-2021, 04:09 PM
I feel like its just you guys talking about red

everyone else either dont care or dont even look on here

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 04:26 PM
I feel like its just you guys talking about red

everyone else either dont care or dont even look on here

How many red characters are you not willing to admit you have.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 07:11 PM
No one wants to sit in CT grinding generic alligators for 15 hours.

That time has passed. The "journey" has already happened, you guys can cry all u want. No one will play that garbage.

People play green though.

Tassador
01-21-2021, 07:16 PM
More people want to play classic vanilla eq pvp than custom pvp and you can take that to any fucking Freeport bank and cash it.

Cash fucking money.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 07:33 PM
Agreed, rallos zek server is dream.

If they go down the custom pipe, number 1 customization would be level caps based on pre-set timeline to make the level speed run impossible. Everyone got to see what it looked like on Green Vanilla, Green Kunark, Red Vanilla, Red Kunark, Blue Kunark

A server with speed run disabled would be good, especially good to make PVP tactics a bit different.

The problem is that we know the best way to win at everquest is to be first to high level and get all the best items. The best way to have lots of cash in everquest is to be the first to manastone and get as many as possible and never have to camp anything again for your whole EQ career while the manastone goes up in price indefinitely.

Live EQ did not have this dynamic because the manastone was not a known temporary item and stuff. I would like to re-live actual classic 1999 experience rather than 2021 GET A MANSTONE GET A GUISE GET A GUISE FOR FUTURE ALT GET A MANASTONE FOR BANKING GET FIREPOTS GET LOCKET OF ESCAPE GET LOCKET OF ESCAPE GET LOCKET OF ESCAPE

That's just me though.

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 08:17 PM
No legacy items is fine.

Ppl having 10 max lvl alts after a year cuz they know all the speediest ways to powerlvl. Non classic tweeks like disabling quest exp sucks.

But classic is best.

Gustoo
01-21-2021, 08:30 PM
100% disabling quest EXP was dreadful + rude, since the very limited quests in the game are marginally rewarding as it is, when there is a functional quest to do for EXP it is quite a special treat in this game.

Kief
01-24-2021, 08:27 PM
Is everyone else too scared to say this?

Magnetaress you are fucking batshit crazy man. Holy shit.

magnetaress
01-24-2021, 10:30 PM
Is everyone else too scared to say this?

Magnetaress you are fucking batshit crazy man. Holy shit.

Cuz I solo on red? Post here?

Granted my post history looks legit bonkers without context.

But come on Guava. I just peep my head around here.

You've got legit srs 60s and alts.

Y the personal criticism.

Also ur like not wrong but so wat

Connor
01-25-2021, 04:05 AM
If red was wiped I'd be highly inclined to play there.

Robersonroger38
01-25-2021, 04:38 PM
I could be wrong , but I think mag and gustoo is trying to reach achievement for most post.. No vile intent , it just looks that way..

Gustoo
01-25-2021, 08:01 PM
I legitimately just don't want this forum to die and am legitimately cursed with hoping that some red 2.0 news is going to come up and I want to be here when it happens.

You will see that I will stop paying attention to the forum for a while but its just the forum posting season right now.

Looking forward to a new P99 server where all dreams come true.