PDA

View Full Version : Baldurs Gate 3

Gravydoo II
01-10-2021, 01:25 PM
is the shit.
Fun game. It will kick your ass. It wont hold your hand. It punishes you for mistakes. It rewards you for taking crazy chances.. Like starting a huge grease fire. Yea, it has grease fires.
Bunch of dudes coming down the hallway to get you?? Bust a water barrel, freeze it! Someone standing under a chandelier? Shoot it down onto their head! So much to do. Push people off cliffs is my second favorite thing to do, aside from the grease fires. You can steal, cheat, deceive, murder, and whatever else. Fun game.

alexdoofaz
01-10-2021, 01:31 PM
Excellent game I destroyed the first act with two different characters and now I’m replaying baldurs gate 2

regandna
01-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Baldurs Gate II was fun

Tunabros
01-10-2021, 06:31 PM
downloading right now because of this thread

i love hardcore games

DoodyLich666
01-10-2021, 06:34 PM
Sadly I don’t think my early 2000s pc is ready for it. Guess I’ll just play the og one... again. I’m glad it’s well received though, I saw a trailer some time ago and was worried that it might suck.

Knuckle
01-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Sadly I don’t think my early 2000s pc is ready for it. Guess I’ll just play the og one... again. I’m glad it’s well received though, I saw a trailer some time ago and was worried that it might suck.

BG1 amazing, the iPad version is perfect too not a remaster, touch screen works really good with that game surprisingly.

Tunabros
01-10-2021, 08:18 PM

you can build your own PC that could run anything for like 1k now a days

Mead
01-12-2021, 09:38 AM
It really will kick your ass. It’s super unforgiving. I actually had to check if there was a difficulty setting that I had overlooked a couple of hours into playing it.

Mblake81
01-12-2021, 10:16 AM

The old ones have their charm. Watched a stream for the new game, was happy to see they were beating up brains within the first 15 minutes.

Swish
01-13-2021, 02:42 AM
I've wanted to get into Baldur's Gate for a very long time, the learning curve seems really brutal though :D

Tunabros
01-13-2021, 03:00 AM
I've wanted to get into Baldur's Gate for a very long time, the learning curve seems really brutal though :D

it's not that bad to be honest. It's just a lot of micromanagement and quick thinking.

Sometimes I just run into battles and I win sometimes I lose. It's real fun

Arvan
01-13-2021, 03:09 AM
Im not sure why they gave DOS:3 the name BG3 but it seems alright

Mblake81
01-13-2021, 07:42 AM
Im not sure why they gave DOS:3 the name BG3 but it seems alright

All of the companies that created the old stuff are gone or just a name only. People moved on or changed with the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfYcg4utuc

Gravydoo II
01-13-2021, 10:37 AM
I like when I lose. Im playing with my significant other and shes frikken annakin skywalker in a fight. Rush in, lose the high ground, die in a comical way. I love it.

Owls
01-13-2021, 01:20 PM
I'll be excited to play the game when it releases in its entirety. Not big into early access.

Plus, I still have to finish D:OS2.

imperiouskitten
01-13-2021, 03:53 PM
They should make a game called Baller's Gate where you control a gang of thugs on a quest to rob drug dealers and slang their rock and get that BIG connect in a south american dungeon

Knuckle
01-13-2021, 04:43 PM

Just more of a game of patience(depending on BG 3 difficulty, cant speak for it yet). Basically in BG 1 there were certain fights that without the right preperation and party make-up you would definitely want to pause and wait for actions to go off and pause and manually choose the next abilities for every party member, trusting the ai in tough fights was a bad idea usually. and if friendly fire is in, definitely need to time your abilities correctly.

TripSin
01-13-2021, 07:58 PM
Really? I thought it was hard at first, but that's just because I didn't understand the systems and don't know 5e. After I spent some time learning the game I found it to be on the easier side for the most part. Like, you should almost always be attacking with advantage given you you can do things like jump as a bonus action, walk around behind people you're already engaged, and hiding right in front of enemies but outside of their vision cones.

Cecily
01-14-2021, 04:44 PM
They should make a game called Baller's Gate where you control a gang of thugs on a quest to rob drug dealers and slang their rock and get that BIG connect in a south american dungeon

Sounds like a game 13 year olds would enjoy.

imperiouskitten
01-14-2021, 07:36 PM
also the main character would be a rapper named "Indo Mitable"