PDA

View Full Version : Trump banned from Facebook “indefinitely”

Fame
01-07-2021, 01:08 PM
lol

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 01:10 PM
Bout time. Won't do anything but legitimize his insanity tho among the lost.

Tunabros
01-07-2021, 01:40 PM
A lot of his tweets got removed for violating rules too lol

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Admit it tho. My previous flame wars took down a lot of posters with me. Trump would've been one of the ones I goaded into a frenzy and got banned. Lulz like how many times? Mario? We'd have been intimate pals on disability together if he had played his cards right, I would have PL'd him so he could genuinely prove his manhood on red99.

Me and him would've been upto 12 accounts by now.

Don't get me wrong. I still have turned over a new leaf. I don't aim to engage in banquest.

Apparently he's over on parlor now with his own echos.

cd288
01-07-2021, 02:18 PM
So before we get the people on the far right coming in here and complaining about free speech and oppression, etc., it should be pointed out that freedom of speech has public interest/safety limitations to it which were validly applied in this case.

The far right people who would complain about this also seem totally fine when freedom of speech is tamped down on by the government during protests like BLM and OWS. So...in b4 far right hypocrisy.

Kich867
01-07-2021, 02:22 PM
So before we get the people on the far right coming in here and complaining about free speech and oppression, etc., it should be pointed out that freedom of speech has public interest/safety limitations to it which were validly applied in this case.

The far right people who would complain about this also seem totally fine when freedom of speech is tamped down on by the government during protests like BLM and OWS. So...in b4 far right hypocrisy.

Free speech or oppression can't really be brought up in this situation, you have absolutely no right to have a facebook, twitter, or instagram account.

Anyone that suggests they're not allowed to make their own decisions about how they run their company is anti-capitalist.

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 02:23 PM
No one has a right to post whatever they want on Facebook. A private website.

Mblake81
01-07-2021, 02:48 PM
Rejoice

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Rejoice

Would it surprise you I'm not rejoicing though?

I've grown. I realize this is how civilizations crumble. We take sides and vehemently uppose each other with the most vicious slander and dehumanizing rhetoric. We stop listening.

I can tolerate any opinions that come from respectful people. If I owned a creole restaurant and disagreed with the police outside, if they were polite and civil, I would still want to make sure that they had a good meal.

No.

None of this is what we wanted. It's not a win. We lost Trump. We lost his most fervently violent, vicious and aggressive supporters.

It's a very sad outcome.

Sad. :(

DMN
01-07-2021, 03:06 PM
Free speech or oppression can't really be brought up in this situation, you have absolutely no right to have a facebook, twitter, or instagram account.

Anyone that suggests they're not allowed to make their own decisions about how they run their company is anti-capitalist.

Except they aren't working under any capitalist model, They would never have existed and would cease to exist if they could be sued for libel/slander. Pretty hilarious how ignorant you are of this reality.

DoodyLich666
01-07-2021, 03:07 PM
None of this is what we wanted. It's not a win. We lost Trump. We lost his most fervently violent, vicious and aggressive supporters.

It's a very sad outcome.

This is totally true. You can’t brush any of this stuff under the rug, it needs to be pulled out into the sunlight. We have people from both sides of our two major political factions take to the streets to fuck up our cities and institutions. Somewhere along the lines we have obviously fucked up in a big way. This won’t just go away if we silence people.

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 03:14 PM
This is totally true. You can’t brush any of this stuff under the rug, it needs to be pulled out into the sunlight. We have people from both sides of our two major political factions take to the streets to fuck up our cities and institutions. Somewhere along the lines we have obviously fucked up in a big way. This won’t just go away if we silence people.

Yes.

cd288
01-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Except they aren't working under any capitalist model, They would never have existed and would cease to exist if they could be sued for libel/slander. Pretty hilarious how ignorant you are of this reality.

What's pretty hilarious is how Trump and his supporters want to get rid of 230 but don't realize that most of the stuff Trump says is exactly the type of stuff the platforms would get sued for...which would lead them to banning Trump from all the platforms in order to avoid liability lol

DMN
01-07-2021, 03:29 PM
What's pretty hilarious is how Trump and his supporters want to get rid of 230 but don't realize that most of the stuff Trump says is exactly the type of stuff the platforms would get sued for...which would lead them to banning Trump from all the platforms in order to avoid liability lol

Trump already can be sued for anything he says on twitter.

Good lord you are dumb.

budz2112
01-07-2021, 03:44 PM

I've grown. I realize this is how civilizations crumble. We take sides and vehemently uppose each other with the most vicious slander and dehumanizing rhetoric. We stop listening.

I can tolerate any opinions that come from respectful people. If I owned a creole restaurant and disagreed with the police outside, if they were polite and civil, I would still want to make sure that they had a good meal.

No.

It's a very sad outcome.

Only side im on is the truth, sadly only one party over the last 12 years has been partly truth caring. In no way does that mean I think democracts and liberals are always truthful. I have been a lifetime registered no party, but what i can tell you is that over the last 12 years one party has been nothing but indulged in lies and inflammatory rhetoric. So it makes it pretty easy to vote ill just say that

budz2112
01-07-2021, 03:45 PM
Trump already can be sued for anything he says on twitter.

Good lord you are dumb.

No he cant, a president cant be sued. You should know this

DMN
01-07-2021, 03:56 PM
No he cant, a president cant be sued. You should know this

Wrong. He can be sued during or after his presidency. presidents have no protection from civil disputes, only criminal ones during their presidential terms.

Need to start charging the trash on this forum for basic civics lessons.

Jibartik
01-07-2021, 04:08 PM

Hell yea! Ive thought it's complete nonsense to be mad at social media, even people demanding their data, you get facebook for a cost, by giving them your data while you use it. DUH.

As much as I agree with this sentament, I wonder if the row is over. And now we've all had a taste of chaos and nobody likes it.

I feel like we're in for at least 4 years of the most boring, order and CSPAN style news cycles like its the late 90's again.

Jibartik
01-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Edited my double post into my post. SORRY storm my capitol over it.

budz2112
01-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Wrong. He can be sued during or after his presidency. presidents have no protection from civil disputes, only criminal ones during their presidential terms.

Your right he can be sued for civil disputes, mary trump just proved that the other day, as well as trump college

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 04:23 PM
I feel like we're in for at least 4 years of the most boring, order and CSPAN style news cycles like its the late 90's again.

All my neighbors took down their flags yesterday and its been quiet. A lot less police choppers in the air. White rural neighborhood, FL.

Think everyone is knapping off the dopa high they got from TV yesterday.

Pretty sure that the president (Trump) has lost Fox. And a lot of people will not be drinking his particular brand of Fox flavour kool-aid. It's only the day after. Who knows?

But maybe Trump just cemented a democratic base that will basically vote strictly blue.

I vetoed a lot of state laws, stuff this election, essentially voting no on almost everything.

Kich867
01-07-2021, 04:33 PM

They also wouldn't have existed if someone just made a proper competitor and pushed them out of the market.

imperiouskitten
01-07-2021, 04:36 PM
Elon Musk is now richer than Jeff Bezos so I am pretty skeptical of capital valuation atm

cd288
01-07-2021, 04:39 PM

Not fully correct. So you probably shouldn't talk about civics lessons. Presidents can't be sued in state courts for civil damages for actions taken during their presidency. Now, what's not entirely clear from the jurisprudence (big word, let me know if you need me to define it for you since it has a lot of syllables) is what exactly an an official action in their capacity as President...is a tweet slandering someone in a political party about something an official act? Or is that something that isn't subject to the President's immunity? It hasn't been fully tested enough in court.

Jimjam
01-07-2021, 05:32 PM
All my neighbors took down their flags yesterday and its been quiet. A lot less police choppers in the air. White rural neighborhood, FL.

Think everyone is knapping off the dopa high they got from TV yesterday.

Pretty sure that the president (Trump) has lost Fox. And a lot of people will not be drinking his particular brand of Fox flavour kool-aid. It's only the day after. Who knows?

But maybe Trump just cemented a democratic base that will basically vote strictly blue.

I vetoed a lot of state laws, stuff this election, essentially voting no on almost everything.

"It's darkest before the dawn"

TBH I think the R establishment can use these recent events to cut the chord with Trump and detoxify their brand over the next 2-4 years.

GinnasP99
01-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book. Keep ordering Chinese garbage from Amazon tho.

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 05:54 PM
Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book. Keep ordering Chinese garbage from Amazon tho.

I basically boycott all capitalist businesses. /s (meant to be light humor).

But if I can make something or recycle from free stuff I do that.

My sister gave me some free Gatorade zero cuz she was worried I wasn't getting enough electrolytes. I have saved one and rinsed it, been using it like a canteen. Didn't even bother with soap yet.

I'm very frugal. *pats own head*

Jimjam
01-07-2021, 06:01 PM
I don't mean this as an attack Mag, I hope you're aware that I view you as one of the really useful posters on this forum, but I think the following information might be of interest to anyone considering reusing 'disposable' plastics:

I heard reusing single use plastics can cause them to leach oestrogenic chemicals into their contents, with potentially feminising affects.

That cautionary note aside, I'm all for reuse, reduce, recycle.

It's normally a corporate mantra that is spoken but not done.

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 06:07 PM
I don't mean this as an attack Mag, I hope you're aware that I view you as one of the really useful posters on this forum, but I think the following information might be of interest to anyone considering reusing 'disposable' plastics:

I heard reusing single use plastics can cause them to leach oestrogenic chemicals into their contents, with potentially feminising affects.

Oh yeah was a good post and a serious consideration. 🤗

imperiouskitten
01-07-2021, 06:17 PM
"It's darkest before the dawn"

TBH I think the R establishment can use these recent events to cut the chord with Trump and detoxify their brand over the next 2-4 years.

already in progress. Just hope no third party arises to replace them. (I doubt it will.)

imperiouskitten
01-07-2021, 06:18 PM

i lived in a desert and only drank bottled water and lots of soy milk too, and I turned out pretty AF. i honestly buy it.

might help with hair loss tho :)

Cecily
01-07-2021, 07:00 PM
lol