PDA

View Full Version : PS5 and Xbox Series X/S

Evia
01-03-2021, 02:08 PM
Any thoughts on the next generation consoles? Which have you gotten, or will be getting, if any?
Are there any games on them catching your eye?
I managed to land a PS5 yesterday and I'm really impressed with the controller. The resistance, or hepatic feedback, really adds to the immersion levels and feels like the appropriate next step in console gaming. I was worried it was going to be gimmicky, like the wii or those playstation wands, but it feels like the real deal.

I bought two games for it, Spiderman and Cyberpunk. Despite its negative attention, Cyberpunk 2077 plays on it really well and has been a blast. I'm about 12hrs in and haven't experienced any issues. Spiderman Miles Morales is fun for what it is... but it's basically a prettier version or the 2018 SM.

I can't wait for more games to come out!

magnetaress
01-03-2021, 02:14 PM
No thoughts. But I enjoyed oblivion on original xbox. Ps2 skyrim let me down. The graphics chip melted and basically bricked my ps2 after a few hundred hours.

Been scared of buying cutting edge current generation stuff brand new since.

Before that I had a PC that lasted from scars of velious to pop.

Evia
01-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Ps2 Skyrim? Morrowind?

imperiouskitten
01-03-2021, 04:19 PM
i was just lookan at consoles because i want to play Ghost of Tsushima

but considering that's pretty much it idk

magnetaress
01-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Ps2 Skyrim? Morrowind?

It was years ago. My memory is failing. Maybe ps3. Don't think I owned a ps2.

Just thr original Xbox. And a Playstation something.

I had a lot of fun with halo games and saints row (girly version of GTA). Consoles were good for those :)

Oblivion on xbox was really really fun tho.

Thulian
01-03-2021, 08:38 PM
i was curious if ps5's were in stock during holidays but they got bought up by nerds and put on ebay for 1500-2k and now they are down to 600 since they didnt sell them.

i didnt think this cyberpunk game was a console game i thought it was pc

is it online?

Gwaihir
01-03-2021, 09:09 PM
i was curious if ps5's were in stock during holidays but they got bought up by nerds and put on ebay for 1500-2k and now they are down to 600 since they didnt sell them.

is it online?

Jokes on them. I wouldn't pay 100$ for a console. Let's hope they drown in the bad investment. It's all so tiresome.

Evia
01-03-2021, 09:35 PM

is it online?

It’s on ps4/Xbox one and pc. Although supposedly it doesn’t run well on the 4 or Xbox one. It’s single player so no online, although rumored to have online added down the road.

I put my name on a reserve list at the local Kroger marketplace in town and they called me back. I wouldn’t pay the price these scalpers wanna charge it’s ridiculous.

imperiouskitten
01-04-2021, 12:58 AM
Jokes on them. I wouldn't pay 100$ for a console. Let's hope they drown in the bad investment. It's all so tiresome.

and now them games is download only so good luck buying them on a discount! $40 for six year old gamezzzz

Tunabros
01-04-2021, 01:04 AM
I got an xbox just to play coop games with my girlfriend

but that was it

I'm primarily a PC gamer now but I still go back to xbox to play oblivion

Every now and then, I would boot up an old PS1 or PS2 game and play through

I did had a PS2 when I was a kid though

fun times

bubur
01-04-2021, 02:39 AM
na not yet but I was thinkin of gettin me one of those hawt rtx 3080s

I’d love to spend less money on a complete console and have it last a while, though... open to it