PDA

View Full Version : Who else wants a new PvP server?

Quaggoth
01-03-2021, 02:19 AM
I can't be the only one who wants a new pvp server that follows the green timeline

Jibartik
01-03-2021, 03:30 AM
Purple99?

Tunabros
01-03-2021, 03:49 AM
want an anarchy server: only rule is no hacking/exploiting

-can train
-pvp everywhere
-can kill steal
-no moderation on chat
-can rmt

im curious to see the results

magnetaress
01-03-2021, 04:14 AM

-can train
-pvp everywhere
-can kill steal
-no moderation on chat
-can rmt

Original EMU servers were like this.

They never lasted.

This server is better.

I wasted a lot of time getting trained and griefed by ppl boxing druids and throw away characters.

It gets old qyick.

What makes a community strong is the rules and people who staff, enforce the rules.

Best to put up with some rules and even corruption sometimes. Boobiequest othertimes. Than have practically no sherrifs. Need a lot of deputies with tasers imo. Bans are killshots and brutality. Both will depopulate a server quicker than bandits and anarchy.

Strike a balance between lawyerquest and hellworld.

Tassador
01-03-2021, 10:20 AM

-can train
-pvp everywhere
-can kill steal
-no moderation on chat
-can rmt

Minus the last one sounds fantastic. I mean if people rmt and get caught should 100% suffer the ban hammer.

Thulian
01-03-2021, 11:23 AM
kunark locked

no staff involvement ( Better to have no staff then decisions that favor certain guilds )

4 levels coin only

Ret.SaxonAlex
01-04-2021, 06:05 AM

-can train
-pvp everywhere
-can kill steal
-no moderation on chat
-can rmt

I would be interested to see this too. Maybe not my first, go to pvp server, but definitely a consideration.

I remember a while back someone kept arguing for trains. Not my favorite form of fighting but also then the devs wouldn't have to worry about /petition quest.

well maybe not RMT

also I know this is blasphemy and should be controlled to make sure it is not abused. But if I ever get to make super everquest, I believe there should be some limited ability to summon corpses to at least player made cities. I don't remember if I have thought much about it, but to randomly make something up: clerics can gain crafting skill, and you have a slot in you inventory for an item and it can only be recharged once a month.

crossplay
01-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Purple99?

Free Mewtwo

White_knight
01-04-2021, 10:19 AM
I can't be the only one who wants a new pvp server that follows the green timeline

Yup everyone does, ball is in Rogeans court.

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 11:57 AM
Everyone wants a new server.

I don't know what anyone is talking about unmoderated chat? Global OOC is an abomination to everquest.

Some rules are fine.

If P99 team chose to make and remake pvp server until the best ruleset or timeline was determined it would be a lot of fun.

There are a lot of good options.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 12:14 PM

I don't know what anyone is talking about unmoderated chat? Global OOC is an abomination to everquest.

Some rules are fine.

If P99 team chose to make and remake pvp server until the best ruleset or timeline was determined it would be a lot of fun.

Global /ooc kinda makes the forums less active too. Same with YT.

Make people come on to forums to fight and brag and jolly it up.

Tassador
01-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Global ooc sucks. Drug related banter or measuring contest all leading to minimal entertainment. You have auction on the forums you really don’t need that garbage.

Knuckle
01-04-2021, 12:39 PM
2 box pvp is the only way to keep a healthy pvp pop. Red99 is living proof.

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 01:04 PM
Global ooc sucks. Drug related banter or measuring contest all leading to minimal entertainment. You have auction on the forums you really don’t need that garbage.

Yep.

Guys need to use forum for bragging, and getting banned for their shit poison posts.

Need to keep your dumb toon names in your signature or somewhere on your forum name so people even know what you're bragging about if you don't post a screen shot for context.

Don't tell me to disable OOC. Its possible but when noob level 1 guy logs on and sees global OOC he is going to read it and be tainted forever. It shouldn't exist. It isn't classic. It is dumb and I am the gabby gabbiest idiot on the planet. Fact is that it isn't how EQ is supposed to be and for correct immersion there should be no global poison channel.

I don't know about 2 boxing. I guess I prefer it to be not allowed because if it is allowed the only way for me to be a viable murderer is to run with at least 1 extra character trailing me, since 2 wizards or 2 clerics is better than 1 which means I am now playing a completely different game that is all about effectively managing two characters, rather than 1. That was one of the things I very much didn't enjoy about shards of dalaya. They allowed boxing there, so all I ever saw all around the world was a bunch of people running 2 characters, and since they were in their own little 2 character world I couldn't really interact with half the players or at least I could only interact with them HALF the time, since there was 1 dude jumping back and forth. It makes /tells and all in game communication kinda fucked up since the game is not meant to be played box. I just played Shards of Dalaya because I thought there was some hope of a PVP server but then I came over and focused efforts here when a glimmer of hope emerged.

I guess put me down as AGAINST boxing for those reasons. TBH the game doesn't need to be any easier and none of the BOXING servers have a healthy pop. Project 1999 blue and green is living proof that boxing isn't needed for a good game.

waltjig
01-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Any server that allowed RMT would be shut down so fast your head would spin. That has lawsuit written all over it.....

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Well we know that is just not even a slight possibility here.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Ya if I had a little kid I wouldn't let them play red.

I'm used to it, and it doesn't really bother me, but sometimes I think I need to get away from the /ooc for personal mental health reasons. It's just crazytalk most of the time, and I do enough of that myself.

My goal is to foster a more supportive and friendly environment, not one were ppl can work stuff out, but one were respect, boundaries, and courtesy is applauded.

I would go to blue over the /ooc but there will always be someone somewhere who says mean stuff in /guild chat or w/e so whatever, red is the better server, /ooc isn't enough to chase me off. It is something that should be made classic though. In the spirit of the server and the project.

What do you do about ooc just filter it into a minimized window?

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 03:40 PM
I don't ignore it I engage with it. I think I kept it in its own window. It really doesn't bother me that much but it gives a free stage to people who shouldn't have a stage and so should not exist. To anyone who really loves being able to global OOC blast dumb stuff at people I am sorry it has to go but it isn't part of actual everquest just late game junk EMU boxes. Come to the forum and say stuff and get banned if you're unhinged.

I believe OOC was a window / tell / say / group / guild was a window.

And everything else in the main window where attack messages and stuff show up. I think I need to filter the attacks better so I can see more details of what is happening to me but I can't remember honestly its been a really long time.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 03:44 PM
I don't ignore it I engage with it. I think I kept it in its own window. It really doesn't bother me that much but it gives a free stage to people who shouldn't have a stage and so should not exist. To anyone who really loves being able to global OOC blast dumb stuff at people I am sorry it has to go but it isn't part of actual everquest just late game junk EMU boxes. Come to the forum and say stuff and get banned if you're unhinged.

I believe OOC was a window / tell / say / group / guild was a window.

And everything else in the main window where attack messages and stuff show up. I think I need to filter the attacks better so I can see more details of what is happening to me but I can't remember honestly its been a really long time.

OMg i hope u put me in my place a few times, I needed it. <3

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 03:48 PM
I didn't go into OOC and fight people but I didn't just turn it off either. At the very least I would always keep it open because it was a channel people used to ask for rez help and stuff and also to auction things. If it is enabled you basically have to use it IMO unless you don't mind missing out. I'm sure I never put you or anyone else in their place since when we're playing EQ we're all in the same place and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Norrath. We're in Norrath. Questing.

When it is disabled all those conversations go to the forums for auctions and help requests and so on and it is a more classic experience.

Tunabros
01-04-2021, 04:49 PM

this man spitting facts

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 05:05 PM
I dunno Tuna its not like the other pvp servers are doing any better.

Where we do see results is P99blue and green that are hands down highest pop emulated servers, neither allowing boxing.

Box quest is just a different game and I don't see it being needed here. Why do you want to box? For better solo quest? It doesn't really encourage a healthy pop except in doubling the number of characters logged in, even if there is only 1 player for ever 2 toons.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 05:26 PM
People want to solo war 1-60 with their druid box /afk like they can with mage,necro,wiz,ench

its not really healthy because unless you box it screws clerics, wars (some), etc

its not that hard to solo a war/rogue but ppl got it deeeep in their smooth brains they cant and won't play two chars to camp items for one, most likely only ending up sucked into playing two chars and camping items for two

but on this server (pvp), everyone should have alts like i said - so as the situation demands it they can swap around.

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Yeah. It sucks. Warrior leveling is supposed to be hard and they are supposed to have nothing to do but lead excellent groups based on their warrior prowess and strength.

Clerics well can kinda solo but it sucks when everyone has a trashcan cleric sitting in a corner of their favorite dungeon.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 05:53 PM
I don't like boxing, but I'd let players like Knuckle have it.

I know why ppl do it. And it's not super unclassic, but it is when 50 out of the 50 players all do it then never wind up doing anything but using alts they powerelvld thru boxing train u.

Boxing + training is like yikes mode. PPl should have to work a lot harder to make throw away toons.

Penish
01-04-2021, 06:08 PM
Not that anyone's realized it yet, but our 50 pop box is already an anarchy server; show's how well it's worked. Still excited to see a purple 99 that follows the classic timeline.

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 06:30 PM
Yeah I vote for giving Knuckle exclusive boxxing rights. No fake wife exemption just cool guy oath of honor not for RMT faring exemption.

Lets put it into the official server rules. No one can box except knuckle. Seems classic.

I agree though, if I was playing on LIVE I would guaranteed be paying 2x account fees so I could two box. Its just a no brainer and for my money / time ratio it makes a ton of sense. Boxing is a real tough call and I see what P99 just goes hard and fast on NO

Ret.SaxonAlex
01-04-2021, 07:41 PM

I'm not sure. I hate to sound arrogant. But sometimes I get concerned that because I like to keep to myself it may have dragged the server down. I remembered I gave some noobs 250pp and I was really chatting it up with one and I didn't respond back to the other, due to doing other things. I get concerned sometimes that might hurt peoples feelings and they leave.

Server was doing fine, then I had to keep to myself and it got destroyed. I know sounds arrogant.

Gustoo
01-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Yeah Alex I'm not gunna say the server took a nose dive exclusively cuz of your lack of playing but hey who knows!

We all agree to give knuckle a 2 box pass lets see if we can get authorities to allow it.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure. I hate to sound arrogant. But sometimes I get concerned that because I like to keep to myself it may have dragged the server down. I remembered I gave some noobs 250pp and I was really chatting it up with one and I didn't respond back to the other, due to doing other things. I get concerned sometimes that might hurt peoples feelings and they leave.

Server was doing fine, then I had to keep to myself and it got destroyed. I know sounds arrogant.

I know how that feels. It's not our job to keep the server thriving. Wish I could do more. But then I would burn out and try to compensate by biting into irl.

Trust me when people quit It's almost certainly not your fault. And it's just a game. People need to feel free to walk away.

Ret.SaxonAlex
01-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Yeah Alex I'm not gunna say the server took a nose dive exclusively cuz of your lack of playing but hey who knows!

We all agree to give knuckle a 2 box pass lets see if we can get authorities to allow it.

in theory or on paper two boxing looks like there is nothing wrong with it. but I probably will forever hate/be jealous of it. I enjoy my autistic easy to play EQ and would feel jealous and maybe something else, because everyone is making their EQ skills to the limit, dance dance revolution style.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't complain and would try to find my own ways to enjoy a 2box enabled server. But I'm not 100% sure I'd fit in here. Not that I do even now.

Aiming for that holy grail. Equestrielle the Corrupted status.

Danger
01-05-2021, 04:31 AM
rogean pls

greatdane
01-05-2021, 08:46 AM
I played on red99 at launch and I think three things contributed to its failure:

1) It had no teams, leading to a situation where the server was won from the start by whomever happened to make the most hardcore guild. With teams, players have something to fall back on. No single guild can defeat an entire third of the playerbase; or if they can, they deserve to win. Without teams, noone can realistically work together outside of guilds, so the most tryhard crew just wins by default as they face no meaningful opposition. Teams make it so that everyone has a homeland, at least. There's a reason all PvP games worth mentioning have some form of team dynamic. Without teams, anyone who isn't the best of the best just quits.

2) It had a really bizarre, broken and profoundly unclassic resist system. It's been a lot of years now, but I seem to recall that among other things, it was made so that root did not have a chance to break on DD or ticks. If root landed, it was max duration guaranteed. There were various other "custom" resist checks as well. Everquest PvP isn't particularly balanced, but it helps a lot if melees can feel comfortable that 120ish MR usually protects them from spells that would just cause them to be incapable of fighting back. Red99 lacked that.

3) The devs launched the server and then just left it completely to its own devices. It did in fact have rules, but they weren't enforced at all. I recall Holocaust monks just training all day, literally, just a schedule of systematic training. I got three friends to start playing, and all three quit again because they got trained six times in an hour. Noone was administrating the server in any way whatsoever. They launched it and turned their backs on it, leaving the VZTZ degenerates to turn it into a griefing fiesta that most people quickly opted out of.

Without repeating those three problems, I think a PvP server would do just fine. As we know, an EQ server needs a healthy start in order to grow into something worth spending your time on. I have no notion if any of the aforementioned issues were ever fixed, but the fact that 80% of the population quit inside two months meant that nobody wanted to jump in and give it a shot post-launch. It was dead from that point on.

Jazzy
01-05-2021, 09:18 AM
Would probably play a new fresh r99.

My body is almost ready

Tassador
01-05-2021, 09:48 AM
2box should not be allowed without risk of getting your characters banned. The game would just be to easy for the neck beards who already have port boxes anyways... by allowing boxes terribads like rubbinghiszeros will still be struggling to 40 while tune would have 10+ level 50’s

The RoZ crews would have 8 man guilds going pretending they have the numbers just like they do when their hot flaming turds of versions come out.

Gustoo
01-05-2021, 10:52 AM
I played on red99 at launch and I think three things contributed to its failure:

1) It had no teams, leading to a situation where the server was won from the start by whomever happened to make the most hardcore guild. With teams, players have something to fall back on. No single guild can defeat an entire third of the playerbase; or if they can, they deserve to win. Without teams, noone can realistically work together outside of guilds, so the most tryhard crew just wins by default as they face no meaningful opposition. Teams make it so that everyone has a homeland, at least. There's a reason all PvP games worth mentioning have some form of team dynamic. Without teams, anyone who isn't the best of the best just quits.

2) It had a really bizarre, broken and profoundly unclassic resist system. It's been a lot of years now, but I seem to recall that among other things, it was made so that root did not have a chance to break on DD or ticks. If root landed, it was max duration guaranteed. There were various other "custom" resist checks as well. Everquest PvP isn't particularly balanced, but it helps a lot if melees can feel comfortable that 120ish MR usually protects them from spells that would just cause them to be incapable of fighting back. Red99 lacked that.

3) The devs launched the server and then just left it completely to its own devices. It did in fact have rules, but they weren't enforced at all. I recall Holocaust monks just training all day, literally, just a schedule of systematic training. I got three friends to start playing, and all three quit again because they got trained six times in an hour. Noone was administrating the server in any way whatsoever. They launched it and turned their backs on it, leaving the VZTZ degenerates to turn it into a griefing fiesta that most people quickly opted out of.

Without repeating those three problems, I think a PvP server would do just fine. As we know, an EQ server needs a healthy start in order to grow into something worth spending your time on. I have no notion if any of the aforementioned issues were ever fixed, but the fact that 80% of the population quit inside two months meant that nobody wanted to jump in and give it a shot post-launch. It was dead from that point on.

This is all on point. One thing I know that in kunark and velious live if you had 100mr it was very hard to root you and if it did land it would probably break pretty quick.

I think there will need to be resists adjusted for each era to keep casters in the game because when people start rolling with 200 resists a lot of spells have zero chance with OG resists. Yeah there were some good problems with red99 resists.

It also had a tiered pvp range that was a bit confusing
It also had exp loss from pvp death a griefers dream
It also had actual GM corruption amelinda that hurt the balance between Holocaust and nihilum right when they both needed to have a chance.

There were a lot of players in pre kunark it’s a real shame that our server tanked so bad. I think it should come back after green hits velious for like 6 months and people are wondering what’s next. Green was a big launch and it doesn’t make sense to distract from it yet. Let it become full blue and let pvp be the next modified semi custom timeline s server

Larken
01-05-2021, 11:31 AM
The best option is to buy the code from Rogean and P99 team for the exclusive rights.
Then wipe the blue and green servers and only remain with 2 different PVP ruleset servers.

Sure, half the green/blue population would quit, but half would remain and there would be a healthy dose of 1K players left at least, divided between 2 different PVP servers.

The question is, what's Rogeans price for his work?

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 11:36 AM
This is all on point. One thing I know that in kunark and velious live if you had 100mr it was very hard to root you and if it did land it would probably break pretty quick.

I think there will need to be resists adjusted for each era to keep casters in the game because when people start rolling with 200 resists a lot of spells have zero chance with OG resists. Yeah there were some good problems with red99 resists.

It also had actual GM corruption amelinda that hurt the balance between Holocaust and nihilum right when they both needed to have a chance.

There were a lot of players in pre kunark it’s a real shame that our server tanked so bad. I think it should come back after green hits velious for like 6 months and people are wondering what’s next. Green was a big launch and it doesn’t make sense to distract from it yet. Let it become full blue and let pvp be the next modified semi custom timeline s server

Part of classic and vanilla EQ pvp is the way the resist system worked and twinking warrior alts to 'fight over zone control, hunt down that newbie twink with the fungi tunic'. People always had casters, but they were used more for farming, less for pvp, amiright?.

When itemloot was in it was double crazy to be wearing MR stuff and a no drop MR item was the most important thing you could get in the game.

When we make resists custom, people stray away from playing vanilla and go towards the slippery slope of wow customization.

I don't think we should try the same thing twice. I think if we are going to make a pvp server in the vain of green it should be as classic as possible. I missed out on the 1st 2 years of Rallos IRL because I was busy learning to be a good PvPer IRL. Would love a chance to get murdered in classic by 100 MR warriors wielding executioners axes and mith2h.

And YT.

The above items were to attract players with non-custom content. To make it 'not as bad' as old school. true vanilla.

And

when you hit kunark + velious with a melee alt with 120 MR, you are less likely to get griefed if all you can do is joust other melees and the casters gate, this makes group play (again the forte) of EQ pvp important.

EQ pvp isn't about 1 warrior and 1 wizard nobly squaring up. It is sometimes, but it's not the sole purpose of pvp. And an enchanter (arguably the most played alt for simply farming stuff and trolling) should lose every time against a skilled warrior unless its trainquest or pixeldenyquest and not pvp. If your war friend takes off his MR gear and faces you, well, thats player interaction, not game rules, and thats how that scenario played out when we were goofing around in lesser faydark at lvl 30.

Rock, paper, siscors.

Also, I never had to land roots to fight melees when I played on live. Warriors decked cheeply in throw away MR gear being practically un[blindable, rootable, stunable] is they're cherry for not having gate and bind affinity.

----------

As a cleric, let me simplify my position:

If I let my warrior tank, guard, friend die, I should have to gate if I can, not root a warrior and med to full right in front of him. I don't deserve a fair chance at a warrior as a cleric in close quarters combat. If I'm lucky I can DA and plug at the zone. That is classic. No one deserves kill text or YT on a two hundred MR player unless they pick up a sword, axe, or mace, and done some MR gear.

A classic server cannot be fixed with custom content. Or rules.

@gustoo, for classic velious I think you should level that ranger :D

(or you could check out custom velious, they are giving away 55 lvl characters, so your life doesn't have to end right away the minute you click 'enter world')

Truly custom servers will always draw more and different players because I think novelty, and newness are a bigger draw than nostalgia, but overtime I feel as pristine a classic recreation of rallos would grow to a substantial population size, 300... primetime, maybe 1000 unique players over the course of a year. Especially if it wasn't kneecapped by experimental stuff and IRL trolls (it needs a few of those, they are the spice of pvp life) but I digress.

*******DONE EDITING*********

Thulian
01-05-2021, 12:07 PM
Boxes are very easy to kill

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 12:14 PM
The hitboxes are too large i think on here too. Making justing kinda sillywierd. But I think that was done to compensate for strange internet lag not ping related in 2020?

I should not be as good at jousting as I am I think.

Gustoo
01-05-2021, 12:25 PM
1. No I am talking about wearing full droppable high risk resist gear. It was mithril arms and legs, velium bracers maybe, tranix crown if you could afford it, skull shaped barbute if you couldn't. 8sv all rings or 14mr rings or HP rings depending on what you needed more. DJarns ring for suicide pulling, ikky regen or rubi bp, a mistmoore shield probably, a runed bone fork, and a few other stuff I can't remember off the top of my dumb head.

I am talking about a level 10 rogue PK basically right now. It changes a lot as you level. At those low levels a lot of casters were PK's because a lot of targets were really soft.

Hit boxes are weird here because of our pretty bad netcode thats why its important to understand the actual game here and play it because its not the same, just a good replica.

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 12:53 PM
1. No I am talking about wearing full droppable high risk resist gear. It was mithril arms and legs, velium bracers maybe, tranix crown if you could afford it, skull shaped barbute if you couldn't. 8sv all rings or 14mr rings or HP rings depending on what you needed more. DJarns ring for suicide pulling, ikky regen or rubi bp, a mistmoore shield probably, a runed bone fork, and a few other stuff I can't remember off the top of my dumb head.

I am talking about a level 10 rogue PK basically right now. It changes a lot as you level. At those low levels a lot of casters were PK's because a lot of targets were really soft.

Hit boxes are weird here because of our pretty bad netcode thats why its important to understand the actual game here and play it because its not the same, just a good replica.

yes but (lots of yessbutt) will weird custom resists be worth it or would it destroy what you just illustrated so well?

You are liek, right and more accurately remember than I do.

I am OK with a rogue or warrior PK being bedeckled even in non-lootable tranix crowns. It takes a ton of effort to get them and if some pal wants to hand me one for the lulz OK, I may make a lvl 12 ranger named Wolferton Mcfurrious but I'm not tripin if my cleric gets nuked by someone else who made Mrwolfingten Mcfurrious first.

I can still defeat MxWolferoni on my High Elf paladin with pels at lvl 12 with basically the same archery skill and a good two hander.

It's super f'ing important to preserve classic on Project 1999 man so we can see this stuff in action.

RoZ and others already have (had) custom wow-like-resists-pels-interupts covered. Really well. We shouldn't interfere with that on Red99 or Orange99 or Purple99 or Teams99. Or Discord99. Trains99. Or whatever the staff would be willing to do.

I don't think Nilbog, or Rogean or any of the other devs, testers, good sourcers for classic stuff have any inclination or time to make a brand new game and custom box.

Would it be OK if they just copied green and ran an RZ patch timeline? (I would be immensely thrilled to hear about this).

Bondrake
01-05-2021, 02:17 PM

Some rules are fine.

Everyone meaning 10 people? Lmao so pathetic

Jibartik
01-05-2021, 02:21 PM
just do whatever VZTZ did cus thats all anyone talks about.

Also, boxing is cancer.

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 02:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/O0KQA5B.png

at least 18 ppl want a new server, but i think gustoo is just humoring us, I don't know why I am even serious posting no one takes me seriously anyway

Gustoo
01-05-2021, 03:28 PM
People don't chill out in these forums because they are pretty toxic but we still have a lot of lurkers. When I say everyone, I mean everyone that wants to play PVP wants to have a new one. The old one isn't going to get nuked so the 40-60 players can stay on current red if they like getting a full account full of BIS characters or maybe 1 of every race of their favorite class all BIS or some other such accomplishment.

Best bet is to let green run out and then make a new red when the fervor for real classic is renewed.

Best bet would be to follow green timeline and make a rallos zek server with all rallos zek rules excluding probably player fear and player held items looting which were in place for a little while.

Most likely bet would be to follow green timeline and make a sullon zek server with 2 custom teams and no item loot or PVP level range. Ideally with tiered level caps to allow the server to progress more uniformly.

Both OK options but option 2 eliminates the chance for any fun except EXP grinding at low levels once the server is developed but thats OK because everyone seems to shit all over low levels anyways. At least the tiered level caps will keep people clustered together somewhat.

Here is the opportunity we have: GREEN was the first chance at a FULL Vanilla - velious timeline with all patches in places and all intended changes that P99 has tried to accomplish and all the classic we could find.

GREEN discovered a new pile of serious problems. Specifically, too many people trying to bumrush to max level, and too many people trying to camp legacy items. The anxiety about getting levels and dominance as early as possible, and the anxiety about acquiring legacy items essentially destroyed all of the classic that the Project 1999 team was trying to accomplish. The green server playing experience was the very least classic playing experience to date on project 1999, this compared to red server and blue server player experiences.

So Red 2.0 is an opportunity to follow a legitimate classic timeline with all UI fixes and changed in place, but to customize in order to compensate for the 2021 EQ players level of psychosis.

Red 2.0 can solve many problems and make the best classic server ever. MAYBE it will be a trainwreck in the end, but it will be another great attempt. At this point we have 1000 ish players on blue and green combined and in a year or so longer if these guys still like EQ there will be a fresh batch of them ready to give PVP version of their favorite server a try just to spice things up.

With the changes we have all talked about for at least 6 years the server can be the best way to experience classic everquest. Red 99 already is, but red 2.0 will be significantly better and will learn from the lessons of red 99's really troubled launch.

Does anyone have a timeline graph of Red 99's population? I would love to see that. We can correlate the population number with expansion launches, guild bans, ETC and we can establish some (spurious) causal relationships between the events and the subsequent population demise.

Who wants a new red server? Literally everyone who wants a good everquest server. Red 2.0 will be the best everquest emu server ever, until red 3.0 is launched.

An actual PVP environment also attracts a very different type of player from outside of the everquest community that will be interested in the "Hardcore" nature of everquest PVP. Even non item loot (super softcore, mega panzy status) everquest PVP is hardcore by modern standards and this can be attractive to new players.

We do need to make it easier to get the damn game setup on 1080p + displays, getting trashcan UI setup is a major pain and takes a lot of not clearly documented enough pro setup tips. Things like the lack of pet command box now mean you really gotta know WTF to do to get your pet to do stuff for all the pet classes, and the limited number of hotkey buttons means you need to learn how to cycle through those and stuff.

I know we aren't making classic 1999 servers to appeal to the masses but some of these challenges can be mitigated to bring new players into the fold and keep them there, and leaving glass eating barriers in place when they don't need to be is an unnecessary hinderance.

Looking forward to Brown 99

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 04:03 PM
I think bluebies worry a lot about getting backstabbed. Or left behind. Or that red players are some how hard to talk to and organize to do things. Like they will never ever ever get a chance at a fungi or something on red (not true, I could have had 10 if I was coolandnormal).

But I think we should maybe try and work on that image some how? I don't know about rules that would fix that.

I like a lot of your suggestions and thoughts, and mostly I'm just giving counterpoint. I would probably play on your handcrafted server if it had a decent amount of ppl and a chance and I could peeeel my self away from soloing. Even if I had zero effect and input on it. I don't think ppl should take my thoughts seriously.

These last few weeks have made me incredibly excited at the prospect of a real Rallos clone.

I agree looting like mainhand/primary/rng is evul shouldn't be in thats like one thing i think we can skip or maybe make it only like a single week lol

Gustoo
01-05-2021, 04:35 PM
I think we could get by with a true rallos clone involving all non bagged item looting, and player fearing especially if it had the tiered level caps so there was plenty of time for the melees with fists only to catch up to level 10 max level.

Nothing quite like a collection of noob robes either.

Just to let people relive the absolute chaos of kelethin in early days. Maybe let pumice be insta click too but then change all to non-insta click (retroactive nerf) just to get those early times fun.

Ret.SaxonAlex
01-05-2021, 08:53 PM
just do whatever VZTZ did cus thats all anyone talks about.

Also, boxing is cancer.

I always imagine humans would just dominate but maybe if they still cant see in the dark it would be ok

maybe not if everyone knows they are the strongest and team up on them

magnetaress
01-06-2021, 07:55 AM
Human team being dominant is very RP.

I'm ok with imba teams as long as we can all play on the imba team. PKs can roll alts to pvp with on the other teams. Or if a sizable pop on one team breaks away with a guild and rerolls on another team.

Teams work well. It gives bluebies a place to cure their pixel disease a still have access to pvp.

Real elfs pick the underdog team in a 3 team server.

It's why nilla teams ain't so bad at all.

watbab
01-09-2021, 02:34 PM
me

Uuruk
01-09-2021, 10:21 PM

-can train
-pvp everywhere
-can kill steal
-no moderation on chat
-can rmt

we got that already. its called rise of zek.

magnetaress
01-09-2021, 10:24 PM
we got that already. its called rise of zek.

Not classic.

Gms handing out Lvl 55 NTOV geared.

Like. Cool.

It's a great pvp box. Zero quest value tho.

Dulu
01-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Rise of Zek allows (and actively encourages) 3-boxing.

Makes it very hard to actually enjoy the game if you want to just play as a normal character.

Shourty
01-10-2021, 03:14 AM
Not me. What would be the point?

magnetaress
01-10-2021, 09:29 AM
Not me. What would be the point?

Low level vanilla pvp without custom rules or resists.

Trolls up in the blackburrows.

watbab
01-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Rise of Zek allows (and actively encourages) 3-boxing.

Makes it very hard to actually enjoy the game if you want to just play as a normal character.

The server db itself is extremely non-classic as well sadly. Understandable for a server that has PvP as it's primary feature to not be as concerned with PvE but it ultimately feels less like EQ and more like some random tricked out private server.

Doesn't help that even on it's best days it has comparable pop to current red when u factor in boxing, which makes it harder to break in as a new player unless you're also interested in boxing.

magnetaress
01-10-2021, 01:40 PM
its a private server for a private few ppl who get along with the private people

red99 is a lil more diverse ;) :p

Jimjam
01-10-2021, 01:54 PM
I always say I'd love a pvp server with just faydwer, capped at 39. Would be lots of funs even with a low pop, or for a short shelflife.

Gustoo
01-10-2021, 03:35 PM
There are so many short shelf life options for p99 pvp that would be total winners. Faydwer only, kunark only. Heck even making an impossible to progress Odus only thing would be hilarious

Gynecologist
01-10-2021, 03:39 PM
I'm ready.

Tradesonred
01-10-2021, 03:49 PM
I just had a rallos flashback with that new guy rolling a necro of selling chips in Gfay to higher level necros driving by and Gfay as a low level pvp fun and trade hub. If theres any juice left to red eq its this. Have a real sit down and try to recreate the reasons why OG rallos players like me remember it so fondly. Its that simple. If you want to put a little effort in it, add more of what made it fun, like the halloween event of 2001 which had event mobs spawning which dropped nodrop gear new players like me could wear to have a fighting chance in item drop pvp. Not rocket science

Uuruk
01-10-2021, 05:30 PM
Not classic.

Gms handing out Lvl 55 NTOV geared.

Like. Cool.

It's a great pvp box. Zero quest value tho.

to be fair its gear red99 will never see again.

Gustoo
01-10-2021, 08:10 PM
I just had a rallos flashback with that new guy rolling a necro of selling chips in Gfay to higher level necros driving by and Gfay as a low level pvp fun and trade hub. If theres any juice left to red eq its this. Have a real sit down and try to recreate the reasons why OG rallos players like me remember it so fondly. Its that simple. If you want to put a little effort in it, add more of what made it fun, like the halloween event of 2001 which had event mobs spawning which dropped nodrop gear new players like me could wear to have a fighting chance in item drop pvp. Not rocket science

Completely agree

reebz
01-10-2021, 09:59 PM
Gear red99 will never see again? Thats all you see. Its like 2 years of fully uncontested raiding condensed into 35 players. And LOL @ the 15 people who dont have it, pathetic.

I didnt spend a minute raiding in ToV and I have more then ill ever need or ever did need

Tunabros
01-10-2021, 10:36 PM
need crimson99 asap

magnetaress
01-12-2021, 04:56 AM
to be fair its gear red99 will never see again.

So you admit it you do care about pvE?

you should log in and help me farm ices silks

Knuckle
01-12-2021, 03:37 PM
Quaggoth AD&D 2nd Edition:

Power Flower
01-12-2021, 06:18 PM
i think about a new red everyday

Stonewallx39
01-13-2021, 01:43 PM
Can you imagine the legacy camps on a fresh pvp server bahaha!!!??? Omg the lists would be short but much more interesting (assuming a list was even employed).

Shac
01-13-2021, 10:24 PM
where was that discord server they promised?

silo32
01-13-2021, 10:57 PM

No thanks red is fine, we have the timers

Hemm
01-15-2021, 10:47 AM
Red 2.0

No global ooc

1 account per person

No petitions between players, PvP settles all

Flexin
01-22-2021, 09:27 PM
^ no global ooc are you scared of words?