PDA

View Full Version : Migraines and how to deal with them.

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 10:39 AM
Any tips on how to deal with the pain. Solutions? Medicines? LSD works but man it makes life kinda hard at work.

regandna
12-31-2020, 10:50 AM
Try submerging yourself under water in your bathtub. I’ve always found that to be a reliever. I’d also suggest turning your screen brightness way down, if you haven’t already.

kjs86z
12-31-2020, 10:58 AM
hydrate

Thulian
12-31-2020, 11:51 AM
look at screens less

exercise OUTDOORS for long periods of time, walking is the best exercise ever. A 2 hour walk a few times a week will change your life

Nexii
12-31-2020, 12:01 PM
Triptamines, Gravol/Dramamine help somewhat

Mblake81
12-31-2020, 12:15 PM
would assume its a sockpuppet for one of our regulars

Lune
12-31-2020, 02:35 PM
Any tips on how to deal with the pain. Solutions? Medicines? LSD works but man it makes life kinda hard at work.

Try gabapentin and/or pregabalin. Gabapentin typically more effective for this if you pick 1.

If you have access, try raw opium such as through pod tea. The interaction of all the various poppy alkaloids is effective for migraine headaches where usually opiates are not. Use PRN and don't get addicted or it stops working.

If you have disturbed sleep, look into ways to get that sorted out. Bad sleep is one of the strongest causative factors for chronic pain, migraines, and musculoskeletal pain.

Nocht
12-31-2020, 02:36 PM
Stop being so angry.

cd288
12-31-2020, 03:19 PM
Have you taken it already? If not a doctor I know who got Pfizer recently just premeditated with a good amount of ibuprofen and allergy meds (not sure the specific ones or dosages on any of it, but ask your doctor about it)

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 03:43 PM
drugs

ppl seem to think u can meditate or quellious urself into migraine free territory.

this is bullshit

hardcore drugs are the only option

i suffer them infrequently, but sometimes i can get a bout of them and then its gg, most are from other complications/illnesses and are a symptom of being poor and degenerate.

imperiouskitten
12-31-2020, 04:02 PM
sumatriptan

Arvan
12-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Jesus imagine following medical advice given by these people... Go see a doctor my friend.

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 04:20 PM
would assume its a sockpuppet for one of our regulars

check my registration date. I could tell you my characters name in game... lol

imperiouskitten
12-31-2020, 04:33 PM
sumatriptan is what your doctor will prescribe you. If you're stuck in some no medical available type hell PM me

Izmael
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
Always carry triptans and take them upon first symptoms (upon aura appearing, before pain setting in)

See if your trigger may be your teeth. If you are too angry/stressed/nervous - you might be clutching your teeth too much without realizing it. That may be your trigger or be one of them.

Migraines suck ass. I feel ya. Mine almost completely disappeared when I fixed my teeth with orthodontics.

FatherSioux
12-31-2020, 04:59 PM
My wife gets them each time I make a pass at her...very strange indeed.

hobart
12-31-2020, 07:04 PM
sumatriptan

I agree.

You can also order tablets online from the UK where it is available over the counter. Is this legal? Not sure.

It also comes in a shot like an epi-pen that works very fast.

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 07:11 PM
I think I get it from foods, mostly. Like saltine crackers, texas toast, etc. If I eat half a piece im fine but if i eat 2x piece of texas toast or a sleeve of saltines. Maybe its processed garbage food, who knows. Thank you all for your help.

Pergabolin is like, a strong addictive narcotic right? Like an opiate or valium?? I dunno, cant mess with that.

I'm writing down all the names of the drugs and seeing whats available without prescription.

Again, thank you all for your help. I knew humans inhabited this board.

Clenching my teeth has not been much an issue, i do it like every human but not constantly.

I dont want to take narcotics, addictive ones like opiates and i dont know what falls under that. Pills kinda mess me up too, side effects. I always get the fucking weird side effects like drooping face and partial paralysis, oily tongue, crotch rot, etc. lol

As for seeing a doctor, been there done that. They can only help so much. One told me about LSD and he was SOOOOO right. Told me about this documentary about non-halu LSD and how it needs to come onto the market for people that have this issue. Cluster head aches and shit, it helps with that, too.

White_knight
12-31-2020, 07:16 PM
hydrate

Stop being so angry.

These two comments.

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 07:34 PM
If you hear your dads voice yelling at you when you read my words, thats your own shit welling up inside you.

You ought to imagine my literary voice as more smart ass, like peering at you from the corner of my eye and grinning, start low end higher, mocking kind of tone.

My posts are much more entertaining when you dont read them as ARRGGHHH YELLING cause thats really not it. Way off the mark.

Oh and hydrate. Americans are chronically dehydrated.

imperiouskitten
12-31-2020, 07:55 PM
I think I get it from foods, mostly. Like saltine crackers, texas toast, etc. If I eat half a piece im fine but if i eat 2x piece of texas toast or a sleeve of saltines. Maybe its processed garbage food, who knows. Thank you all for your help.

Pergabolin is like, a strong addictive narcotic right? Like an opiate or valium?? I dunno, cant mess with that.

I'm writing down all the names of the drugs and seeing whats available without prescription.

Again, thank you all for your help. I knew humans inhabited this board.

Clenching my teeth has not been much an issue, i do it like every human but not constantly.

I dont want to take narcotics, addictive ones like opiates and i dont know what falls under that. Pills kinda mess me up too, side effects. I always get the fucking weird side effects like drooping face and partial paralysis, oily tongue, crotch rot, etc. lol

As for seeing a doctor, been there done that. They can only help so much. One told me about LSD and he was SOOOOO right. Told me about this documentary about non-halu LSD and how it needs to come onto the market for people that have this issue. Cluster head aches and shit, it helps with that, too.

pregabalin and gabapentin are pseudo-benzos. they up your GABA. Feels kind of like valium or whatever, except less fun with more body load.

I took them for a long time for nerve pain (very effective at this), and the withdrawal was relatively fierce compared with most things, although nothing compared to opiates or (i assume, wouldn't know) a straight up benzo. Lots of nightmares and increased anxiety / irritability. But the pregabalin itself caused a palsylike tremor and made me pretty aggressive in the first place. Felt good to get off that stuff after years and be able to snuggle someone without quaking.

I definitely wouldn't use one of these off-label before trying sumatriptan, which is first line, and I think not psychoactive at all (at least I can't feel it, forgot how it works).

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 08:16 PM
Oooohhhhh! Jeez, no wonder people love that stuff so much. So its like a mini-xanex. I appreciate the explanation, not for me though. Benzo type meds, meh. Too heavy. Makes the screen lag. Turn your head and it takes a second for the camera inside to catch up.

Ive tried taking xanex for it but its like, is not remembering it the same thing as not being in pain the next day? lol

I'll put in a call on SUmatriptan, thank you.

Thulian
12-31-2020, 08:33 PM
sounds like you might have a gluten resistance giving you symptoms you think is a migrane

imperiouskitten
12-31-2020, 09:14 PM
sounds like you might have a gluten resistance giving you symptoms you think is a migrane

u are the most californian ass floridaman i ever met

Gravydoo II
12-31-2020, 10:08 PM

But why would it only be that one brand? The off-brand texas toast wont do it. Processed cheese for the most part, as far as i know, wont do it. I eat a lot of bread, oatmeal, spaghettis, sammiches etc.. I try to avoid stuff that says "gluten free".

And why only in recent years? 2-3 years? I'm well over 30, wouldnt this have shown up earlier?

Seems like its more connected to salt, to me. I could be SO wrong though.

Nexii
12-31-2020, 10:23 PM
It can help to try several types of triptans, there's at least 8 out there

Izmael
01-01-2021, 04:29 AM
Also consider trying switching to keto. Try for a few months at least.

It does many wonderful things to your body and your mind. Never know , could also have a direct or indirect effect on the migraines.

Ennewi
01-01-2021, 04:45 AM
Try submerging yourself under water in your bathtub. I’ve always found that to be a reliever. I’d also suggest turning your screen brightness way down, if you haven’t already.

This. Saunas and especially hot baths seem to work well for debilitating migraines. Also, untense your jaw and massage in and/or around wherever the pain is most prominent.

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 12:32 PM
I know 12 ppl who simultaneously like had crippling migraines last 7 days + everyone in my household who is on female physiological levels of things. PPl sent home from work with them and everything in geographically very diverse regions all over the earth. So maybe a giant gamma neutrino xray hit us or the mayan calander finally rolled over for reals and we got leptons.

i know i get them when i miss a dose of estradiol.

if u dont have a sauna sometimes a couple warm blankets over the torso only with hands and feet sticking out is similar, i havent tested this on its own but it helps in addition to the really good drugs i mentioned

imperiouskitten
01-01-2021, 04:14 PM
five gee must of gone online

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 10:58 PM
five gee must of gone online

Phone laying next to me. I thought this too.

Or that horn building was in our brains and it went offline. Correlation isn't causation tho.

I say all half-hearted. Snide. Droll-ly.

DoodyLich666
01-01-2021, 11:20 PM
I had my first migraine ever a few nights ago, it was terrible. I took a huge bong rip and ate some Tylenol and it sort of relieved it some. I can’t imagine feeling those on the regular though.