PDA

View Full Version : Bard DoT stacking question

killerjack69
12-21-2020, 09:40 PM
Just hit 38 and got Tuyen's chant of flame (percussion). Does it stack or overlaps lvl 30 Fufil's curtailing chant (percussion)?? Since we can see DoT damage :mad: I can't tell if the dot's are stacking or 38 overlaps 30. Anyone know

alexdoofaz
12-21-2020, 10:26 PM
Yes each dot of a different spell type will stack

Zipity
12-21-2020, 10:55 PM
Fufils, Tuyens chant of flame and Tuyens chant of frost all stack, and don’t forget to fear for maximum damage!

killerjack69
12-22-2020, 01:51 PM
thanks guys for the reply. Happy holiday seasons :)

Crede
12-22-2020, 02:11 PM
Charm a mob, send him on another, load up the dots, then when charm breaks charm the mob you were just dotting and rinse and repeat on your old pet. Break both at the end before they die for full xp. Mobs will drop so fast its ridiculous.

Issar
12-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Charm a mob, send him on another, load up the dots, then when charm breaks charm the mob you were just dotting and rinse and repeat on your old pet. Break both at the end before they die for full xp. Mobs will drop so fast its ridiculous.

This is bard charming at it’s finest. Quicker fights, less time casting mana consuming charms, less downtime. Usually end up with two “fleeing” mobs dotted up with drum dots.

Tigris67
02-16-2021, 12:33 PM
On that note (ha!), does the level 2 Chords stack with the level 18 Denons?

Skarne
02-16-2021, 12:44 PM
Yes

Tigris67
02-16-2021, 12:46 PM
Thanks, yeah. I just did some research to find that answer. Feel silly for asking.

Issar
02-16-2021, 01:00 PM
It's a reasonable question, really.

Tigris67
02-16-2021, 01:03 PM
It's a reasonable question, really.

Thanks! Just dinged to level 18 two days ago and I immediately switched out chords for denons. I'm thinking I might now rotate both dots with just the horn. I dunno if my hands can handle swapping instruments every few seconds.

xolithe
03-17-2021, 06:10 AM
Hey all,

Recently returned to EQ and rolled a bard. I am 12 right now and about to head to Unrest to begin to learn to bard kite.

I have a couple questions. First, does Kelins Lugubrious Lament keep working for 18 seconds after clicking it off? (So, can I in essence use it on 2 or 3 mobs?) And same question for Chord of Dissonance...if I twist it with other songs, does it keep ticking on a mob after the /stopsong portion of my macro?

Thank.you!

Silavor
03-18-2021, 10:18 AM
I have a couple questions. First, does Kelins Lugubrious Lament keep working for 18 seconds after clicking it off? (So, can I in essence use it on 2 or 3 mobs?) And same question for Chord of Dissonance...if I twist it with other songs, does it keep ticking on a mob after the /stopsong portion of my macro?

Yes. This is the essence of why bard twisting works at all. Nearly every song is a buff or a debuff, and once they're cast they follow the same mechanics as other buffs/debuffs in the game. From a mechanical point of view, continuing to play a single song is just constantly automatically reapplying the buff/debuff before it can wear off. Bard twisting is essentially the same mindset as a shaman juggling regen and haste on the tank while slowing and dotting the mob, we just cast faster and our stuff wears off quicker.