PDA

View Full Version : Crashing While Looting Corpse and Opening Inventory

Barlu
12-21-2020, 04:58 PM
I went through the FAQ and updated all my drivers and made sure everything else was correct before posting here. I’m finding myself crashing almost 100% of the time I loot my corpse. As soon as I right click it then it completely freezes. I have to control alt delete to close out eq and wait for my char to go LD. The weird part is, when I log back in I am able to loot my corpse 100% of the time without crashing.

The other time this seems to happen is occasionally when I hit “I” to open inventory the same thing happens. Been using the same computer to play P99 for years so not really sure what to make of this. The only thing I think I changed was my UI awhile back but not sure why that would make a difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Barlu

mcoy
12-21-2020, 05:12 PM
If you're using the rustle UI I believe this issue was fixed in a newer version. Not sure though - I use the "classic" ui on both blue/green.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359465&page=6&highlight=crash+looting

-Mcoy

loramin
12-21-2020, 06:20 PM
For anyone who didn't know (as I didn't), there's a "Rustle 2.1" version, which calls itself "Rustle 2" also (but you can tell the difference by checking the readme file inside the zip file ... the 2.1 one will have notes that mention the 2.1 update).

You can get that latest version at: https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6828 Crashes aside it's a really great UI, so I highly recommend it (Deezy rocks!)

EDIT: I take that back: the 2.1 version won't even load for me. Guess we're waiting on a 2.2 :(

Barlu
12-21-2020, 06:59 PM
Thank you both! I ran some searches looking for it and appreciate you guys finding what I couldn’t. Am using the Rustle UI and it looks like I’ll need to load the classic UI before looting or switch back to the classic UI. I played for years with the original and am now spoiled and love a lot of the features. Thank you both again and I’ll see how it goes with the /load skin and if I can remember to do that.

Barlu
12-21-2020, 07:12 PM
This also makes a lot more sense why I couldn’t recreate the issue. I made a lvl 1 in Freeport and loaded up Rustle UI. I could punch the guard and loot my corpse 10 times in a row without ever crashing. When id go onto one of my actual characters would still crash every time I looted. Makes sense now that the character with no bags and no coin didn’t crash.