PDA

View Full Version : Iksar is the GOAT tank

Zipity
12-14-2020, 10:50 PM
+8 regen more standing over other races(Besides troll)
+35 additional AC (raises your softcap)
+can still hit 255 str/sta/dex in velious gear
-needs to apply lotion often

I mean 12 standing regen with a softcap boosting additional free 35 AC, come on folks why are there not more lizard warriors?!

Tunabros
12-14-2020, 10:51 PM
come on folks why are there not more lizard warriors?!

hard to level with 20% exp penalty, hated everywhere, hard to gear out until velious

Keebz
12-15-2020, 12:30 AM
I mean 12 standing regen with a softcap boosting additional free 35 AC, come on folks why are there not more lizard warriors?!

That 2hs animation

DeathsSilkyMist
12-15-2020, 01:58 AM
There are a few reasons:

1. For solo minded warriors, Iksars can't use quite a few useful warrior clickies. Warriors need clickies/proc weapons to make up for their lack of spellcasting. Honestly Gnome warriors have the best solo edge with their race specific, cheap, rechargable 40% Haste Buff clickie.

2. For raid minded warriors, none of that is going to matter. Avatar of War, for example, has a minimum damage of 900 or so, regardless of your AC. Half of the time you wont even be regenerating, as you will hit 100% HP quite often from all of the Complete Heals you will be getting.

3. Like Tunabros said, limited ability to gear until Velious. This turns a lot of people off, especially people who haven't played a warrior and just want to try it out. It is a hassle to faction up and line up multiquests for Velious armor. It is way easier to just gear up in EC, play the warrior for a bit, get bored, and liquidate it.

4. Faction problems, as Tunabros mentions. Iksars are great as Monks/Necromancers because both of those classes have built in ways to sell to merchants regardless of faction. Warriors need clickies to modify their faction quickly. Most people can't afford something like AoN, and the cheaper options tend to be more limited, either in faction adjustment or in number of uses.

5. If you want to Min/Max, go Ogre for Frontal Stun Immunity. This maximizes you agro generation by preventing gaps in weapon swings caused by stuns. They can also use all the nice plate that Iksars can't use, and have way better starting stats.

Jibartik
12-15-2020, 01:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FVWYJuj.png

DeathsSilkyMist
12-15-2020, 02:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FVWYJuj.png

No Rubicite fashion questing either. GG.

Crede
12-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Iksar wars are dumb unless you just love the look of them.

No invis/shrink clicky sucks, terrible combat animations. Regen isn’t a big deal, bandaging/blood points takes care of that. The ac difference is unnoticeable when it matters. Can’t hide, can’t sneak, hated everywhere. Just giving up so much for getting so little.

Snaggles
12-15-2020, 04:28 PM
The tank master-race debate happens constantly and we always come to the same conclusion: It doesn't matter.

Well, we don't all come to that conclusion but it's the right one. 35 AC and 8hp regen are nice when farming greens but won't make a gamechanging difference to anything hitting for a notable amount of damage. Not anything for a CH chain at least.

Noselacri
12-15-2020, 04:37 PM

Have people who bring up this point in every race thread ever taken a look at the kind of gear required to actually accomplish this? Because you basically need 100% BiS in every slot, which means like two straight years of raiding ToV uncontested. And even then, there's a lot of value in capping stats without buffs since you can only have 15 buffs at a time, so the advantage of fatty races never really goes away.

Croco
12-15-2020, 05:04 PM
+8 regen more standing over other races(Besides troll)
+35 additional AC (raises your softcap)
-needs to apply lotion often

The real question is why is this thread in the melee section instead of the tank section? Reading comprehension ftw.

DeathsSilkyMist
12-15-2020, 05:05 PM
Have people who bring up this point in every race thread ever taken a look at the kind of gear required to actually accomplish this? Because you basically need 100% BiS in every slot, which means like two straight years of raiding ToV uncontested. And even then, there's a lot of value in capping stats without buffs since you can only have 15 buffs at a time, so the advantage of fatty races never really goes away.

You don't need full BiS to obtain this. You really just need a primal weapon and Shaman buffs. A Warrior with Primal Avatar, Focus of Spirit, Maniacal Strength, Mortal Deftness, and Deleriously Nimble will get around +200 Str, +200 Dex, and +160 AGI. That would cap most if not all races stats at 255 naked. Then obviously you can remove the necessity for specific stat buffs as you get better gear to free up buff slots. STA Is harder to cap since it isn't included in Primal Avatar, but most decent Warrior gear has STA, and the normal strategy is to dump your starting points into STA.

Yes ST keys are usually expensive DKP wise, but certainly no where near 2 years worth of DKP, and they are a guaranteed drop off of at least 2 dragons per week. 2HS Primal Weapons tend to go for cheap, so the only real hurtle is the ST key itself.

As Snaggles points out, Warriors get less returns from racials, unless you plan on mostly soloing. The problem with that is Warriors are designed for group/raid tanking, so racials tend to become mostly muted whenever you end up using the class for it's intended purpose.

I am not saying Warriors can't solo well, the idea is more that you should only really worry about racials if you plan on soloing often. Otherwise just roll Ogre for Min/Max if you want to make the Warrior with the best group/raid tanking racial that can still be useful when soloing. And as myself and others have pointed out, Iksars have a lot of drawbacks that affect their ability to solo. So if you are focused on being a solo Warrior, you have quite a few better racial options to try and minimize your downtime.

Gustoo
12-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Threads like these are fun. If I was making a warrior, it would be an Ogre. If I wanted to go for pure style, I would be a barbarian warrior.

If I was going for pure fun, I would be a woodelf warrior my original class / race combo.

Keebz
12-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Regen isn’t a big deal, bandaging/blood points takes care of that. The ac difference is unnoticeable when it matters.

Having played regen having and non-regen having warriors it is definitely noticable in any sort of light healing situation (solo, duos, trios even) This is esp. true with the combat bind wound nerf :(

I still kind of prefer hide/sneak to regen for the convenience, but 51+ regen is no joke.

Gustoo
12-15-2020, 07:37 PM
Keebz when do you use sneak? As a halfling, I almost never ever use it. I need to get wized up to when it comes in handy.

DeathsSilkyMist
12-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Keebz when do you use sneak? As a halfling, I almost never ever use it. I need to get wized up to when it comes in handy.

One of it's uses is being able to sell to merchants you wouldn't normally be able to. Very nice when soloing especially, since Warriors do not have easy access to travel spells like Gate.

For a while you could single pull mobs with sneak I believe, but that was fixed years ago unfortunately.

Jimjam
12-16-2020, 02:22 PM

makes you slow walk like a P*I*M*P

Keebz
12-16-2020, 03:54 PM

As others have mentioned you can buy/sell from dubious merchants, which is super convenient, esp. in places like Sol A or crystal caverns. In a similar fashion it also fixes faction for quest turn ins in many cases.

I've used it for getting through dungeons or just looking around. With sneak and wall hugging you can get around OK some places. Remember it makes you invisible to mobs facing away from you (you are not in the frontal most 90 degree arc of the mob) AND reduces your aggro radius even if they are.

My favorite use is binding in cities where I'm KoS and using sneak to get past the guards.

If you've ever used sneak on another non-rogue, like a monk/ranger the use cases are the same. It's probably easier to get a feel for on a monk then apply that familiarity back to your halfling.

Llanos
12-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Having played regen having and non-regen having warriors it is definitely noticable in any sort of light healing situation (solo, duos, trios even) This is esp. true with the combat bind wound nerf :(

I still kind of prefer hide/sneak to regen for the convenience, but 51+ regen is no joke.

Same. I won't play any melee except troll for this reason. If you are a min maxer and keep your butt on the ground every second you aren't in combat while grinding it adds up and is noticeable.

It's the same with casters. Sit down between casts if they are short. The amount of people I see standing between casts is way too high. Cast. Sit. Cast. Sit.

Jimjam
12-16-2020, 05:22 PM
I find it pretty handy for crossing siren’s grotto. There are probably better ways to do it without.

Gustoo
12-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Cool. I missed out on the cheater ass sneak pull stuff I really wish I knew about that mega broken mechanic back when it was in place it would have made my life a lot easier in a lot of ways for a lot of time.

As a halfling cleric, I only ever wanted to sneak past the bats in Lguk, but it doesn't help there. With De mask and bristlebane worshipping I am pretty close to NON kos almost everywhere.

Still it is a cool feature and halflings are the best.

kjs86z
12-17-2020, 11:45 AM
gnome is warrior master race

Sonark
12-30-2020, 08:28 AM
. They can also use all the nice plate that Iksars can't use, and have way better starting stats.
Every bit of that "nice plate" is obsolete compared to the plate that Iksar can, in fact, wear.

Does kind of suck to miss out on the Invisibility click BP and legs, though.

DeathsSilkyMist
12-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Every bit of that "nice plate" is obsolete compared to the plate that Iksar can, in fact, wear.

Does kind of suck to miss out on the Invisibility click BP and legs, though.

You are correct, Iksars can wear the best plate the game has to offer, and I never said otherwise:) The question OP asked is why we don't see a lot of Iksar warriors. Most people prefer to twink a new Warrior in the "obsolete" plate because it is much easier to get, and cheaper than a full set of Thurg armor. It is a hassle for most people to level up a new toon, faction them up in Thurg, and then spend a little over 30k for a full Thurg set, including legs and BP. On top of that, the Thurg armor is no drop, which means they can't sell their gear if they get bored of their Warrior twink. That is one big reason why people do not roll Iksar.

It is not about whether or not an Iksar can get BiS gear, it is more about the tendency for people to make alts, get bored of them, and then sell the alt's gear to make a different alt. This is also a reason why Iksar Monks/Necromancers are so popular. They don't have any real item restrictions, so they are just 100% better than the other races who can roll Monk/Necromancer due to Iksar Regeneration.

Vexenu
12-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Imagine thinking regen matters on a class that will spend the vast majority of its playtime either getting CHed or berserking and intentionally trying to avoid regenerating too much health.

Sonark
12-30-2020, 11:33 PM
The question OP asked is why we don't see a lot of Iksar warriors.
And then you talked about a lot of things that don't matter as pros for not picking Iksar, while talking about how the positive qualities in picking Iksar don't matter anyways.

It's pretty jarring.

On the other hand, in replying to me, you're actually making valid points.

Sonark
12-30-2020, 11:46 PM
Also, BiS (or near enough) tradable plate class twink gear is Iksar wearable. Soo what's this about having to get Thurgadin armour and people wanting re-sell value?

Queen's Carapace, Helmet of Rallos Zek, Boots of the Storm, Cloak of Flames, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Dragon's Blood Earring, Zlandicar's Talisman, Blood Runed Greaves (for AC, anyhow), Crystal Chitin Armplates/Wristband, Dragon Hero's Bracer, Mask of the Dragon Slayer, whatever belt(I do a Lodizal/Spiked Seahorse instead of CoF because enduring breath/resists/ac are too much to pass up)...weapons and shields clearly also Iksar usable. Whatever rings and other earring you'd like.

People think "Iksar can't use plate" is an absolute, when by Velious, they could use most of the stuff with a few exceptions, and ALL of the best stuff, including the aforementioned tasty tradables.

Admittedly VERY EXPENSIVE tasty tradables

DeathsSilkyMist
12-31-2020, 12:54 AM
And then you talked about a lot of things that don't matter as pros for not picking Iksar, while talking about how the positive qualities in picking Iksar don't matter anyways.

It's pretty jarring.

On the other hand, in replying to me, you're actually making valid points.

Also, BiS (or near enough) tradable plate class twink gear is Iksar wearable. Soo what's this about having to get Thurgadin armour and people wanting re-sell value?

Queen's Carapace, Helmet of Rallos Zek, Boots of the Storm, Cloak of Flames, Velium Encrusted Gauntlets, Dragon's Blood Earring, Zlandicar's Talisman, Blood Runed Greaves (for AC, anyhow), Crystal Chitin Armplates/Wristband, Dragon Hero's Bracer, Mask of the Dragon Slayer, whatever belt(I do a Lodizal/Spiked Seahorse instead of CoF because enduring breath/resists/ac are too much to pass up)...weapons and shields clearly also Iksar usable. Whatever rings and other earring you'd like.

People think "Iksar can't use plate" is an absolute, when by Velious, they could use most of the stuff with a few exceptions, and ALL of the best stuff, including the aforementioned tasty tradables.

Admittedly VERY EXPENSIVE tasty tradables

I am not sure what your argument here is. I have never claimed Iksar's cannot wear good gear, or be good Warriors. Of course a player who can drop 1 million+ plat on a Warrior alt can gear them out extremely well. That has nothing to do with the majority of players, who would be bolstering the ranks of Iksar Warriors out there:) I doubt you would see a huge increase in the number of Iksar Warriors on any server if every fat cat decided to roll one and drop 1 million+ on them.

It is the lowest common denominator of player who will determine which race(s) are popular and often seen. Most of these players are not able to drop a large amount of platinum on an alt. That means the gear restrictions an Iksar has, coupled with the terrible starting faction, are serious factors that turn off players. This is especially true since Warriors are completely gear dependent when it comes to their utility. Not being able to use https://wiki.project1999.com/Incarnadine_Breastplate as a relatively cheap infinite invis clicky is a real pain in the butt. That breastplate is also the best BP out there until you get Thurg or Cobalt, so Iksars will have to take the 5 AC hit and wear https://wiki.project1999.com/Barbed_Ringmail , plus the loss in stats. That is why I mentioned Thurg Armor. It is the first Armor set Warriors get in Velious that is usable by Iksars, and basically has the equivalent AC of Cobalt, plus good stats. Most of the cheaper, droppable Velious armor pieces have lower AC compared to old world alternatives like Cobalt.

Sonark
01-01-2021, 03:31 AM
It is the first Armor set Warriors get in Velious that is usable by Iksars, and basically has the equivalent AC of Cobalt, plus good stats. Most of the cheaper, droppable Velious armor pieces have lower AC compared to old world alternatives like Cobalt.Now you're talking in circles?

Why does the extra (I guess someone said 35?) AC an Iksar Warrior gets at level 60 only not matter when talking about what advantages an Iksar in BiS gear would have over literally every other race?

It's a twisted kind of logic that I'm really not getting

Premise: AC is king

Pro: Iksar have more AC than everyone else assuming equal gear

Con: I can't let Iksar have an advantage, so I'm going to pretend AC doesn't REALLY matter anyways.

I mean, I've already seen the argument that the really minor thing of Ogre having frontal melee stun immunity means the most, so why doesn't AC when AC is king?

Just the circles that people on this forum get themselves into to justify their way of thinking is pretty astounding for me.

Sonark
01-01-2021, 03:32 AM
It is the lowest common denominator of player who will determine which race(s) are popular and often seen.Yes. This is the most relevant and true thing to say in response to the question of "Why not more Iksar Warriors"

But you like to talk about a lot of other things that aren't relevant, and when I try to talk counter point to those alleged points, you don't seem to know what to do except talk in circles some more.

Snaggles
01-01-2021, 09:03 AM
For a class without any spells a warrior relies on clicky armor a lot, mostly to maintain sanity. It’s also a class catering to end-game raiding over 1-group content so the perks of AC bonus and regen are easily ignored for the 20% xp penalty. Especially since some of the hardest hitting mobs in the game don’t even do an AC check (but 8hps/tick is still an advantage for the AoW...).

* No Ragefire armor: Gloves for dps, arms for instant cast targetable DS, Bracer for one of best pulling options a warrior can get
* Two invisible options
* Only targetable shrink clicky item
* Cobalt arms and boots are handy for small group/solo content. BP is cheap healing at about 1/3rd of Fungi and even has hps on it
* Stone of morid but no imbued granite spaulders (for non-MT stuff I’ll take the MR every time).
* Cabalis is your only trainer which is just a PITA aspect, like the xp penalty.

An Iksar has nice perks as a SK, monk and necro. Leveling one as a warrior it’s not as jarring as not having a JBB but an obstacle nonetheless and arguably greater when “life begins at 60”. Even then, fatties are easier to stam cap, gnomes have wall peek and haste arms, halflings get sneak, and so on. So that AC comes at a price of not getting other racial perks.

As for why you don’t see many of them? Because 10/12 races can be warriors. I get the individualistic angle (erudite paladin) but it’s not hard to math out why iksar warriors are rare.

Just the circles that people on this forum get themselves into to justify their way of thinking is pretty astounding for me.

Yep glad you aren’t doing that at least.

Zipity
01-01-2021, 09:31 AM
AoW doesn’t do AC checks is just lol, the problem is he is 10 levels higher than a max level warrior. But AC does make a big difference against him in mitigating the odds of him landing a full set of 6 max hits.

Snaggles
01-01-2021, 09:46 AM
AoW doesn’t do AC checks is just lol, the problem is he is 10 levels higher than a max level warrior. But AC does make a big difference against him in mitigating the odds of him landing a full set of 6 max hits.

Noted :). I can admit when I’m wrong. That probably came from a 20 year old memory from a ZAM poster, lol.

The intent was that most the hardest fights are hp ones, not AC stackers since the hit spread isn’t a thing (or not really one). In the end an iksar’s innate 35 bonus won’t change the outcome compared another half dozen similarity geared warriors.

Zipity
01-01-2021, 11:35 AM
Yea the best thing for AOW is having 6925HP or more. Thankfully almost all the BiS gear with that much HP also has a ton of AC.

putrid_plum
01-01-2021, 11:53 AM
There's only one race and thats iksar

DeathsSilkyMist
01-01-2021, 12:41 PM
Now you're talking in circles?

Why does the extra (I guess someone said 35?) AC an Iksar Warrior gets at level 60 only not matter when talking about what advantages an Iksar in BiS gear would have over literally every other race?

It's a twisted kind of logic that I'm really not getting

Premise: AC is king

Pro: Iksar have more AC than everyone else assuming equal gear

Con: I can't let Iksar have an advantage, so I'm going to pretend AC doesn't REALLY matter anyways.

I mean, I've already seen the argument that the really minor thing of Ogre having frontal melee stun immunity means the most, so why doesn't AC when AC is king?

Yes. This is the most relevant and true thing to say in response to the question of "Why not more Iksar Warriors"

But you like to talk about a lot of other things that aren't relevant, and when I try to talk counter point to those alleged points, you don't seem to know what to do except talk in circles some more.

I am not talking in circles at all:) The problem is you are simply vastly overestimating the value you get from the Iksar AC bonus. You keep going to the nonsensical argument of "What if the Warrior is level 60 with great gear?". That is a pointless argument, and way off topic. We are talking about why we do not see a lot of Iksar Warriors, not why level 60 Iksar Warriors are good or bad. Most people do not get their alts close to level 60. Iksar AC bonus scales with level. While I don't have the exact formula, My brain is telling me the base AC bonus for Iksars is 15. So if it scales linearly you are getting around 25 AC bonus at level 30. Most of the cheap, droppable Velious gear is 4-5 AC less than something like Cobalt, so you are losing way more AC in aggregate than you gain from the bonus. So yes, the gear restriction for Iksars is going to end up costing them MORE AC than the bonus they get from being an Iksar, unless you go with something like full Thurg Armor or better.

EDIT: If you are referring to my first post:
There are a few reasons:

1. For solo minded warriors, Iksars can't use quite a few useful warrior clickies. Warriors need clickies/proc weapons to make up for their lack of spellcasting. Honestly Gnome warriors have the best solo edge with their race specific, cheap, rechargable 40% Haste Buff clickie.

2. For raid minded warriors, none of that is going to matter. Avatar of War, for example, has a minimum damage of 900 or so, regardless of your AC. Half of the time you wont even be regenerating, as you will hit 100% HP quite often from all of the Complete Heals you will be getting.

3. Like Tunabros said, limited ability to gear until Velious. This turns a lot of people off, especially people who haven't played a warrior and just want to try it out. It is a hassle to faction up and line up multiquests for Velious armor. It is way easier to just gear up in EC, play the warrior for a bit, get bored, and liquidate it.

4. Faction problems, as Tunabros mentions. Iksars are great as Monks/Necromancers because both of those classes have built in ways to sell to merchants regardless of faction. Warriors need clickies to modify their faction quickly. Most people can't afford something like AoN, and the cheaper options tend to be more limited, either in faction adjustment or in number of uses.

5. If you want to Min/Max, go Ogre for Frontal Stun Immunity. This maximizes you agro generation by preventing gaps in weapon swings caused by stuns. They can also use all the nice plate that Iksars can't use, and have way better starting stats.

Specifically point 2 on raiding, that isn't a bash against Iksars specifically lol, which you seem to be assuming. No racial really matters at level 60 with raid gear, because as I stated earlier, a lot of raid mobs simply hit too hard for AC to matter that much, even if Iksars got a +100 bonus to AC instead of +35. That is why FSI would be best on a Min/Max minded raid Warrior, because that at least allows you to maximize your hate generation. You can also Ogre Wall Tunare. Any other racial is either useless (like halfling hide), or too marginal to matter that much (Iksar AC and Regen).

If you are talking about point 5, which you quoted originally, that point is correct. Quite a bit of old world plate is going to be more beneficial to a Warrior than cheap Velious gear, both from an AC perspective, and a Clickie perspective.

EDIT2: I think the confusion here is I have not been clear on why I am talking about a "raid minded warrior". The idea of my first post is to show the considerations one would be thinking about when they make a NEW Warrior. I am not talking about existing, level 60 Iksar Warriors. Those characters are ALREADY adding to the number of Iksar Warriors in the game.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-01-2021, 02:21 PM
I do stand corrected on the Iksar AC bonus being less than the aggregate, assuming the Magelo Iksar AC calculation is correct:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Level45OgreWarriorTest
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Level45IksarWarriorTest

From levels 1-25 or so Iksars do get less AC than the Ogre, due to the lower scaling of the AC. Once you hit 30 or so, Iksars will have a little bit more AC than Ogres with Cobalt on. Ogre's do get Lesser Shielding with Cobalt Vambraces, so that does basically close the gap at 45. Obviously Ogre still has better stats overall, plus the strength buffs from the Cobalt Gauntlets/Boots and FSI. They also get the infinite invis clicky on their breastplate. Cobalt Bracer for Shrink (and more AC), and Cobalt Breastplate later on for a sellable chest piece that offers a clicky heal.

So the main downside to Iksars from a gearing perspective for new Warriors (who are not spending a million plat) once Velious comes out is the lack of clickies. That is still the bigger issue, in my opinion. If you really want extra Regeneration for leveling, a Troll gets that, plus better tanking stats, plus the old world clickies. Trolls also have a much easier time fixing their faction.

Zipity
01-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Shrink pot x2
Larrikans mask x2

Now I can self shrink and invis and recharge by myself probably until I die of old age before the cobalt clickies become a better plat value.

Once velious comes out gear is equal on all fronts.
Arch shielding clickie hammer is iksar useable.
All 4 melee stats StR/STA/dex/agi can be capped, hell even charisma can be maxed on a raid if you have a bard + shm buffs it’s like 181 extra CHA

Super endgame it’s Iksar for the extra 35AC that slides the cap(best defensive tank), or Ogre for FSI for slightly Better dps due to no bashes(best offensive tank). Holding aggro with that tier of gear isn’t gonna be an issue for either.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-01-2021, 04:43 PM
Shrink pot x2
Larrikans mask x2

Now I can self shrink and invis and recharge by myself probably until I die of old age before the cobalt clickies become a better plat value.

Once velious comes out gear is equal on all fronts.
Arch shielding clickie hammer is iksar useable.
All 4 melee stats StR/STA/dex/agi can be capped, hell even charisma can be maxed on a raid if you have a bard + shm buffs it’s like 181 extra CHA

Super endgame it’s Iksar for the extra 35AC that slides the cap(best defensive tank), or Ogre for FSI for slightly Better dps due to no bashes(best offensive tank). Holding aggro with that tier of gear isn’t gonna be an issue for either.

Of course, there are definitely limited charge alternatives. The problem is simply that Iksars have terrible faction, so your recharge locations are limited. Iksars can get around all of the problems they have, it is just a lot more effort than most people are willing to go through, especially since Warriors don't have a lot of utility to begin with. That is why most people won't bother. As you say, super end game none of the racials really matter. That is why many people roll Warriors with fashion in mind:) But I think FSI gives more of an edge than AC, since HP becomes the biggest factor on hard raid targets, and I have seen my fair share of tanks losing agro. FSI helps with that, but again, not by much, which is why it isn't required for any targets.

Kirdan
01-02-2021, 12:40 AM
You're all wrong. What is the point of doing something if you don't look good doing it? Iksar and ogre are eliminated from the contest due to terrible FQ. Yes, even guised ogres. You can't hide forever.

Tunabros
01-02-2021, 02:36 AM
Human Master Race

min maxing is for casuals

magnetaress
01-02-2021, 08:47 PM
I'd argue leveling an iksar war from naked to 60 is a lot easier, even solo a large portion of the way. The extra AC probably makes the biggest difference in exp grps were you'll often wind up tanking light red and yellow mobs. The regen is a no brainer grinding through masses of light blues and greens even camping a few nice items for the bazaar.

Everyone can use gnomish vanishing devices and cloudy potions.

Snaggles
01-03-2021, 01:34 PM
An iksar only has more AC than a non-iksar when all things are equal. This really means Velious quested armor vs the same armor on a warmblood.

A low example is banded vs crustacean shell; good lowbie armor. Banded is 91 ac, crusty is 109. The Iksar will likely supplement with ry’gorr, seb scale, barbed, a PSC, etc. The warmblood can do all this plus wear cheap cobalt pieces (arms, gloves, boots, helm).

So yea, in the high end game it’s a “advantage” but in the normal progressive grind it’s just compensating for the lack of available plate.

Zipity
01-03-2021, 02:40 PM
The thing is leveling up both will hit the soft cap albeit the iksar won’t hit cap til 17-35 points later then both get diminishing returns. This means the iksar will have higher AC leveling too unless vastly out geared.

Arvan
01-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Ya the regen is pointless unless you really want to solo on warrior (LOL)

Not having access to cobalt bracer or legs really sucks and the terrible faction. Overall a pretty bad race pick

Arvan
01-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Also some of these comments are hilarious - i can tell those of you who don't have a 60 warrior

Jimjam
01-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Also some of these comments are hilarious - i can tell those of you who don't have a 60 warrior

I can tell you first hand any idiot can level a warrior to 60, especially on blue where you have a decade to do so.

Noselacri
01-03-2021, 07:03 PM
Why do people care so much about Cobalt Bracer? What tiny, cramped dungeons are you doing at 45+? Maybe LGuk/SolB for a few more levels, but not really, given how these are generally empty save for a few soloers camping shit. Noone levels 45+ in those even on green. All the Kunark and Velious content consists of huge, city-like dungeons or outdoor zones. Shrink has always seemed so overrated to me once you're past the Befallen/UGuk/Paw stage. You don't need shrink in KC, Seb, KD, Velks, etc.

Snaggles
01-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Why do people care so much about Cobalt Bracer? What tiny, cramped dungeons are you doing at 45+? Maybe LGuk/SolB for a few more levels, but not really, given how these are generally empty save for a few soloers camping shit. Noone levels 45+ in those even on green. All the Kunark and Velious content consists of huge, city-like dungeons or outdoor zones. Shrink has always seemed so overrated to me once you're past the Befallen/UGuk/Paw stage. You don't need shrink in KC, Seb, KD, Velks, etc.

Because when you have 50+ people trying to tuck in a corner during a raid it’s important. Not every group has a sham and they are busy with other stuff than shrinking everyone.

Jimjam
01-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Because when you have 50+ people trying to tuck in a corner during a raid it’s important. Not every group has a sham and they are busy with other stuff than shrinking everyone.

If you are raid tank you probably have a torp/shrink shaman in group though.

Does bracer get cast in places the spell/potion can’t work?

Crede
01-03-2021, 07:47 PM
If you are raid tank you probably have a torp/shrink shaman in group though.

Does bracer get cast in places the spell/potion can’t work?

No. Potion works outdoors too.

Snaggles
01-04-2021, 02:06 AM
In theory with pots a whole raid party can shrink in an instant. Without there are usually enough shamans to coordinate that. Still, they have a number of buffs to stack on everyone already so have a few cobalt bracers in the mix is quite nice.

In the end I wouldn’t say any race (of any class) is a make or break situation. I’m definitely hesitant to give one warrior the “GOAT” title. If you love one, play one. If not don’t get caught up in the minmaxing.

Arvan
01-04-2021, 02:18 AM
I can tell you first hand any idiot can level a warrior to 60, especially on blue where you have a decade to do so.

Im never said they couldnt i said they didnt and in turn i can tell they know little about the class

mattydef
01-04-2021, 02:55 PM
What if AoW gets you under 8 HP before that CH goes off?

Ret.SaxonAlex
01-05-2021, 10:04 PM
EQ starting on kunark. /guildwar + iksar = pwn

ehh maybe not but a chance.

kjs86z
01-07-2021, 10:13 AM
Ultimate is a gnome war solo tanking AoW.

wagorf
01-07-2021, 10:19 AM
Iksar wars are dumb unless you just love the look of them.

No invis/shrink clicky sucks, terrible combat animations. Regen isn’t a big deal, bandaging/blood points takes care of that. The ac difference is unnoticeable when it matters. Can’t hide, can’t sneak, hated everywhere. Just giving up so much for getting so little.

this guy nailed it