PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Ring of the Dead Recharge

Daemrius
05-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Default Ring of the Dead Recharge
Turned in my RoTD to merchant Xantis Ixtax with 1plat / 10 gold For a recharge, assuming this quest is still viable ( From what i recall the quest for the ring is no longer viable but the recharges from this merchant / quest is )

Response from turn in:

Xantis Ixtax says "When you learn to serve the Dead, then I will find the time to speak of such things."

At this point i figured it was faction related, the Ring was no longer in my inventory, and not for sale on the merchant ( i made sure she had room for buy back before turn in )

At this point i figured it was faction related

Xantis Ixtax judges you amiably.

Am i SoL on this because my faction was not high enough and the NPC has successfully ate this item?

Zeelot
05-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Yep. Need warmly

Extunarian
05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Seems odd that you didn't get the item back. Are you sure it didn't end up on a finger slot? I have never - on this server - had an item eaten by an NPC for doing a quest wrong.

Daemrius
05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
So after spending several hours attempting to get this back. I've had 2 individuals attempt to MQ the item out of her. One with natural warmly + faction.

The other attempt from an enchanter charming the NPC and attempting a turn in. (both me and the enchanter)

Neither of these produced a ring. (granted the attempts were approximately 5-7 hours after the ring was turned in)

Is this technically a bug? how long after quest items are turned in do they poof and the quest becomes null?

I'm pretty sure the server / zone has not gone down since the attempts, and the NPC has not been killed. So the item should still be able to be MQed, which i've recently found to not be the case.

More info in this thread : http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28928&highlight=ring+dead

Daemrius
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Seems odd that you didn't get the item back. Are you sure it didn't end up on a finger slot? I have never - on this server - had an item eaten by an NPC for doing a quest wrong.
Extunarian: Yeah that's the first place i checked, but i still had both my rings equipped. None of my bags had the item and there were no items lying around on the ground.

I've noted with other quests if you turn in an item to a quest NPC that isn't correct they give you a message and return your item. Seems not to be the case in this situation

baalzy
05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
From what I understand most mobs will eat items given to them, even quest items if your faction isn't right for the quest.

I'm pretty sure this isn't classic, just one of those known issues that I don't think the devs have had time to address. Try posting in the petitions forum and you might at least get your chargeless ring back. Include the details you provided here along with the time (to the best you can remember) of when you did the turn in.

Boomlaor
05-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Classic = NPC eats an item if its not the right item or if your faction isn't good enough. This was changed sometime much later on live.

Asher
05-20-2011, 02:53 AM
For those that may not already know generally MQing is broken on this server.

Apparently the Devs would have to go through every quest and modify them to allow MQing and they have only done this for a few items. I think there is a list of them somewhere in these forums.

I would not attempt to MQ anything unless you are sure the quest has been modified.

I would petition and be very nice to the GM and hopefully they can check logs and get you your ring back.

Asher

Zeelot
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Classic = NPC eats an item if its not the right item or if your faction isn't good enough. This was changed sometime much later on live.

Yeah you're probably SoL :( Works just the same as other quests - ie. the Aegis of Life quest; if you don't have the faction it'll get eaten.

Sythyst
05-21-2011, 09:07 PM
It works the same from what I can tell. I had several quest items eaten by NPCs in live due to faction or incorrect supplies. I remember always feeling like I was gambling when turning in quests.