PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Raster of Guk (and the spawn/despawn cycle)

Nightblade
05-18-2011, 11:38 PM
After doing some research on Alla's about the spawn, and then finding a well regarded guide to the Raster camp (www.castle-grounds.co/uk/eq/raster.htm), I hopped down there to take a look and watch the spawn cycle to get a feel for it.

There is no spawn cycle though - on Live, the PH (or Raster) would despawn at 8AM EQ time, and respawn at 10AM. Sitting through a few in-game days, the same greater minotaur has been up the entirety of it.

Also a note on static/dynamic mobs (wanderers) : there are supposed to be 2 static spawns (in the room with the circular pillar in it), and 2 wanderers that zigzag from Raster to the little hallway across from him, past the pillar. In-game, there is 1 wanderer (who zigs all the way to the hallway like he's supposed to), and 3 static (two in the pillar room, and one stationed right in front of Raster's PH).

Hijynx
05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I hated camping Raster! Maybe you just got unlucky... i camped him for 12hrs on live before i got him.

Lanuven
10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Has this been fixed yet ? come on nilbog..NOT classic IMO if its still a 28min spawn with no spawn / despawn cycle

nilbog
10-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok so raster/ph despawns at 8am.
Doesn't respawn till 10am.

Is this the only actual switch during the day?

From Bodi's (http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/raster.htm) page:

5am - Spawn. Leave this one to despawn, unless it is Raster obviously.
8am - Despawn.
10am - Respawn. Kill this PH
7 to 8pm - Spawn. Also kill this PH

This method ensures 3 PH's per EQ day.I've never done this camp. Tell me exactly how it should work and ill fix it.

Mingo
10-16-2011, 09:04 AM
The Raster of Guk spawn is a very simple refreshing EQ spawntable. If there is a critter spawned at 8am, it despawns and respawns at 10am. If no critter is spawned at 8am, nothing happens to change the cycle that EQ Day. Basically you get 3 chances every EQ day that way (3 every hour) instead of just over 2 you would get w/o the despawn/respawn.

Raster will also despawn at 8 AM if he's up, it's why you can watch track from all over Guk and see that spawn on top of track and why Raster is sometimes up/down even if folks arent farming the minotaurs.

nilbog
10-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Fixed, pending update.