PDA

View Full Version : Play on Red and Never See Purple

wwoneo
12-11-2020, 02:46 PM
If all you autists banded together and let the Red population drop to zero for a few months, you may have a chance at getting a new server.

Let Red die and be reborn. Stop playing on Red.

Tunabros
12-11-2020, 02:52 PM
word

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 03:51 PM
naw

Krazy/sickpuppy
12-11-2020, 06:06 PM
If all you autists banded together and let the Red population drop to zero for a few months, you may have a chance at getting a new server.

Considering green came out even tho blue was still poppin . Makes this theory complete garbage

Gustoo
12-11-2020, 06:08 PM
Agreed. Terrible theory.

Everyone needs to play on red to get good at PVP and learn the mechanics. Then they are ready for brown 99

Imago
12-12-2020, 03:15 AM

We've seen Red drop to the 20-40 range for months before picking back up, with just the autists left. Why on earth would we tell the new, non-autists to drop off at the hope of a new server?

Sounds like you got wrecked by the Knights Templar in Crushbone/Unrest/MM. Don't take it personally, so did everyone else. Grow some grit and have some fun at 60.

Nyrod
12-12-2020, 03:31 AM
can a lvl 60 ntov geared iksar war find friends on here?

asking for a friend

Knuckle
12-16-2020, 02:17 AM
can a lvl 60 ntov geared iksar war find friends on here?

asking for a friend

We can level knuckle the rogue from 57 to 60 it’ll be an adventure of me binding your wounds after every battle.

El Prez
12-20-2020, 07:54 PM
too many incomplete Velious quests

magnetaress
12-20-2020, 11:53 PM
We've seen Red drop to the 20-40 range for months before picking back up, with just the autists left. Why on earth would we tell the new, non-autists to drop off at the hope of a new server?

Sounds like you got wrecked by the Knights Templar in Crushbone/Unrest/MM. Don't take it personally, so did everyone else. Grow some grit and have some fun at 60.

Saw like 80 ppl on, knowing the regulars will always be here is nice too. I just think we need to foster a more warm and fuzzy feeling vibe. It's OK to be AntiPK and RP in EQPvP, but we shouldn't hold hands either for ppl who get mad over a pixel or guild thing I guess.

Life is good, we are still alive in 2020 to play EQ craazyyyy.

circlerogue
12-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Yes, everyone stop playing for a few months so I can gear all my alts with Lodi, Scout Quest, and Angry Goblin loot.

In reality, if the population dropped to zero for a few months, the devs will assume there is absolutely no interest in a PvP server, putting the final nail in Purple's coffin.

strongNpretty
12-21-2020, 03:46 PM
No, not gonna stop.

Tune
12-21-2020, 05:25 PM
100 pop is thriving for me

i was there when there was 10 people on during prime time

strongNpretty
12-21-2020, 05:31 PM
Semi new to red. Blue transfer. Love this server. Hate me for it.

Gustoo
12-21-2020, 05:47 PM
I think playing red to train for red 2.0 is important. You gotta know the system to be good.

So if you wanna stay fresh keep rolling new toons and running from level 1-30 which is where its hard.

However many people on red99 ain't gunna impact whether they make a new one. I think at this point it's just about letting green 99 have its run.

magnetaress
12-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Green is going to be the focus till they roll it into velious, which will probaby be AFTER it hits velious and rolls out a few months of raids, if they ever merge it. So. There's that.

If u want to pvp its either here or ROZ were u can siege battle cities and box in velious content with ur VT geared 55 boosties.

heartbrand
12-23-2020, 03:23 PM
100 pop is thriving for me

i was there when there was 10 people on during prime time

I have a screenshot on my old hard drive from classic where legit it was you me and Rettiwalk online. Good times.

wwoneo
12-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Considering green came out even tho blue was still poppin . Makes this theory complete garbage

That's a fallacy and no where near equivalent. If blue was 0 population and they did not create green, then that would be the same. l2logic

wwoneo
12-23-2020, 10:53 PM
I have a screenshot on my old hard drive from classic where legit it was you me and Rettiwalk online. Good times.

You're proud of this? smh

Twainz
12-24-2020, 08:53 AM
I still have 4 more alts to gear out. Not done yet.

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 10:38 AM

I wish I had catalogued my old adventures on this box better, just to make u jelly and mad, but I love u, I don't want to do it out of meannesss.

God bless.

El Camacho
12-24-2020, 11:13 AM
If the devs wanted to do anything to attract back the players who have left, they would have already done it by now.

There is a reason they don't even talk to you about a new red server or a wipe.

Look at it from their perspective.

Why would they rebuild an environment where 10% of the entire P99 population generated over 50% of the petitions?

That toxic mess is someone else's problem now.

Old_PVP
12-24-2020, 11:29 AM

"What is dead may never die" - Game of Thrones

Be happy with what you got. We have RED, take it or leave it.

Saw 111 population on Red last night... more and more players are trickling over.

GMs will make a new PVP when they are goddamn good and ready. (which may be never)

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 11:31 AM
If the devs wanted to do anything to attract back the players who have left, they would have already done it by now.

There is a reason they don't even talk to you about a new red server or a wipe.

Look at it from their perspective.

Why would they rebuild an environment where 10% of the entire P99 population generated over 50% of the petitions?

That toxic mess is someone else's problem now.

The devs here have connections to the devs at the other emus and they aren't shitting on those projects by trying to 1 up them. This is the PvP version of blue/green 99, hence the name red99, and the stuff that goes into making those servers classic, gets rolled back out over here, we even got the no exp updates that green did, oversight or intentional, we are getting patched with the entire project and not left completely in the dust.

It's not like they are completely ignoring the project and we have gotten zero updates. Just not custom pvp content, which I hope we don't ever really get outside of Nilbogs team thoughts. There's been clicky tweeks, fixes, nerfs, etc, some people can't stand that, but they've mostly all been for the general benefit and health of the project and staff. I feel like they are doing a great job. Are they doing what I want? no. I want rallos circa 1999 without Velious content + item loot, no YT, no nothing custom, completely broken and evil classic exactly the way it was. Even if it had only a population of like 3 players.

But this is pretttty durn close.

strongNpretty
12-24-2020, 12:01 PM
Love my server :)

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 12:34 PM
It's pretty hard (for me) to be angry or disappointed about free EQ in 2020 lol.

This is like... something I never envisaged I would be messing around with into my probably 40's.

Amyas
12-24-2020, 01:27 PM

No

El Camacho
12-24-2020, 03:42 PM
It's not like they are completely ignoring the project and we have gotten zero updates.

I'm not saying the devs ignore Red.

I'm saying they are ignoring the "wipe it" crowd and for good reason.

Wiping will just bring back huge headaches and toxic people.

Server is pretty healthy right now.

Zero dev incentive to alter that just for a bigger number

heartbrand
12-24-2020, 05:19 PM

lol not at all but I will say even with three people online in classic it felt more populated than the server does in velious. You pretty much knew where everyone was and the beauty of classic is that it usually is only a three minute run from most places to get to someone unless they are in permafrost.

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 05:39 PM
I'm not saying the devs ignore Red.

I'm saying they are ignoring the "wipe it" crowd and for good reason.

Wiping will just bring back huge headaches and toxic people.

Server is pretty healthy right now.

Zero dev incentive to alter that just for a bigger number

Ya I agree server is on the right track I haven't seen such stable steady growth in all my time here. Sorry I misunderstood you.

My theory is everyone plays all three servers + 1 or two other games and EMUs and it takes a long time to build a community of those who stick around and come back every year. I wouldn't want to disrupt that.

Jibartik
12-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Red is like a sex cult where everyone is a virgin.

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 05:46 PM
Red is like a asex cult where everyone is a volcel.

strongNpretty
12-24-2020, 05:48 PM
While blue and green servers are having pixel christmas events. Lets go ahead and all meet up to lose our virginity! And get covid.. 2 birds stoned at once!

wwoneo
01-05-2021, 03:28 AM
Red is like a sex cult where everyone is a virgin.

Best comment of 2020. It was a close race until we hit this post on 12/24.