PDA

View Full Version : There is a mis-conception that American's are wealthy, you're not.

White_knight
12-10-2020, 11:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/aVCaU23.png

America HAS wealthy people (obviously) but it's a small portion - the average (i.e the bulk) of Americans are poor....American is ranked 22nd in the world and by a LONG shot.

Hope this helps you all that constantly post shit like this guy just did:

they didnt get a first wave yet jibartik, no one goes to those shitholes so it never spread, but it will ( they cant afford vaccines )

To add context he is referring to New Zealand... which is 15 places higher in the average wealth ranking at almost double the wealth.

p.s I'm from Australia, I know what wealth is.

Tunabros
12-11-2020, 12:03 AM
no one said we were wealthy

every time I drive to San Francisco I see homeless people everywhere :p

imperiouskitten
12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
I mean isn't this the point of wide open borders? build the pyramid taller?

imperiouskitten
12-11-2020, 12:44 AM
every single boomer would/should be a millionaire and every millenial a millionaire inheritor; they just pissed it all away because the next buck was always so ez to make. God Bless America

PS. defining your experience of "wealth" in terms of the median wealth (not even income lol) of 180k would tend to indicate u do not experience wealth above that median. Cringe.

I know what wealth is because I live in the most stratified economy in World History, personally, and being very exceptional, have enjoyed life in high strata well above the median. Glad being average is so comfy down in ur desert land though.

indiscriminate_hater
12-11-2020, 12:45 AM
Sorry you don't have GDP

Jibartik
12-11-2020, 12:46 AM
America is a sports team, it doesn't matter that im on the bench, our star QB's can throw a golf ball through a garden hose.

Jibartik
12-11-2020, 02:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUYbI64QHI

White_knight
12-11-2020, 03:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUYbI64QHI

ROFL that is pretty funny.

Swish
12-11-2020, 03:14 AM
There's a difference between what OP published and living standards.

Norway would rank much higher (migration issues aside), and I don't see how the UK ranks that highly. The minimum wage has become the maximum wage for a lot of people over the last 10 years.

Also the UK population is over 62 million which casts doubt over that data set. 51 million was more like 1990.

EDIT: In fact, isn't Australia's population like 25 million these days?

Topgunben
12-11-2020, 03:17 AM
OK, can I move to NZ or Australia? or does your sovereign nation exclude immigrants from coming over.

Jimjam
12-11-2020, 04:04 AM
There's a difference between what OP published and living standards.

Norway would rank much higher (migration issues aside), and I don't see how the UK ranks that highly. The minimum wage has become the maximum wage for a lot of people over the last 10 years.

Also the UK population is over 62 million which casts doubt over that data set. 51 million was more like 1990.

EDIT: In fact, isn't Australia's population like 25 million these days?

The uk pop is 60 odd mil, but the chart is showing adult pop, so it may be accurate, sixth of the pop being kids sounds feasible.

I wonder how ‘wealth’ is measured. Is this basically showing how accessible / paid up housr mortgages are in these countries? Is pension pot considered? Are debts included?

Fame
12-11-2020, 04:06 AM
America blows

Hope this helped
(It won’t)

Mblake81
12-11-2020, 06:15 AM
We have some upset kiwi's on this board.

BarnabusCollins
12-11-2020, 07:22 AM
USA is like 40s Germany the media is ALL PROPAGANDA

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 10:06 AM
I still wish I was a super sexy live in house pet of some powerful isreali socialite.

BiG SiP
12-11-2020, 10:39 AM
:p

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 10:43 AM
:p

plz show feet on desk again :o

Thulian
12-11-2020, 10:46 AM
i sincerely promise the average australian is not worth 180k

your country is a rural dump and you guys get to pay full price for vaccines and medicine too

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 10:50 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cVFRQzW.png

we aren't even at like 1/3 the mean lol. which is fucking hilarious. #wealthdisparityftw

Ya'll are slaves in a giant national sized prison industrial complex with two very big levels of privilage, 3 if you count military service as a +.

Also Aussie isn't super progressive, they are very right wing/conservative from what I can tell in most areas.

I know people who make $65,000 who think they are megarich which is really pathetic, they can't even fathom the $435,000's, yet that's just pathetic too.

Knuckle is like the only person on this forum I respect financially.

maybe heartbrand2 but he don't post anymore i think

----------------------

Show us desk feet + rollex's. :p

White_knight
12-11-2020, 03:52 PM
The mean is the sum of all the numbers in the set divided by the amount of numbers in the set. The median is the middle point of a number set, in which half the numbers are above the median and half are below.

That's why the average American has 65k, 50Pct have less....

Terrible, considering how much wealth is in the USA...it's all locked up in the very top end.

Thulian
12-11-2020, 03:59 PM
knuckle and heartbrand are both losers, what is your worth magnetaress? 0?

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 04:02 PM
knuckle and heartbrand are both losers, what is your worth magnetaress? 0?

I owe the state money lol. ;p

My net worth is quite negative. I'm the first to the gulag/concentration camp/fema/euthenasia/rationed out of the hospital.

Well the 2cnd. Literally my only saving grace is that I'm not a criminal, not into drugs, and I tried to help out Uncle Sam with my soul. I would rather the state kindly inject me with a fast if not albiet painful, poison, but that's another ask, and another handout, than make me starve/freeze to death, but it ain't come to that yet.

cd288
12-11-2020, 04:57 PM
That's why the average American has 65k, 50Pct have less....

Terrible, considering how much wealth is in the USA...it's all locked up in the very top end.

I’m okay with being in the top end

Lune
12-11-2020, 05:20 PM
In any discussion of these kinds of statistics you have to acknowledge the apples & oranges aspect, namely that the US has a huge low-achieving underclass (whether you think that low achievement is due to systematic oppression or other factors is a different discussion entirely and one that is virtually outlawed in Western discourse).

If you looked only at primary-culture Americans the numbers would look far different.

Jimjam
12-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Would love to see the mode wealth for countries.

Thulian
12-11-2020, 05:47 PM
responds in 2 mins and negative dollars irl

see you in thurgadin

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 05:51 PM
see you in thurgadin

Bbeta
12-11-2020, 06:15 PM
This is the dumbest shit ever. Comparing countries with 4 million as a population to countries that have 330+ is retarded. Also they are not considering how much tax is taken from that "average salary" also using USD. Its a laughable post

Bbeta
12-11-2020, 06:18 PM
I'm the first to the gulag/concentration camp/fema/euthenasia/rationed out of the hospital.

Do you really believe this? If so buy yourself a gun. Its your only defense against tyranny and tyrannical men

magnetaress
12-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Do you really believe this? If so buy yourself a gun. Its your only defense against tyranny and tyrannical men

I absolutely do not disagree. ;)

FatherSioux
12-12-2020, 03:04 AM
Imagine being so committed to an idea that you believe the wealthiest nation in the history of the world, wasn’t.

douglas1999
12-12-2020, 03:24 AM
You don't put a ' between America and s if you are trying to spell Americans. I'm sure this has been pointed out but it *really* bothers me

White_knight
12-12-2020, 04:24 AM
This is the dumbest shit ever. Comparing countries with 4 million as a population to countries that have 330+ is retarded. Also they are not considering how much tax is taken from that "average salary" also using USD. Its a laughable post

Don't be hurt by this, it's just the way it is.

China gunna be #1 economy soon, but they are still on average quite poor - alot poorer than Americans.

So.... population doesn't really mean anything.

I'll explain in dkp terms:

If your guild has 10,000 dkp, but 3 people have 9800 dkp and the other 50 have a combined 200 dkp...it doesn't make your guild dkp rich ;).

Fame
12-12-2020, 04:34 AM
Chortled at dkp economy translation

White_knight
12-12-2020, 04:36 AM

Gotta break it down into simple understandable bite sizes ;).

Jimjam
12-12-2020, 04:48 AM

It’s comparing wealth, not salary, no?

Jimjam
12-12-2020, 04:53 AM
Imagine being so committed to an idea that you believe the wealthiest nation in the history of the world, wasn’t.

I don’t think anyone is debating Swiss people are wealthiest, why are you even bringing this up? Everyone knows and agrees they are. The question is whether America, or rather Americans, are. I think they are. Don’t need to be in top 5 for that!

Where’s Monaco tho? I’m sure plenty of forum millionaires can back me up that city state is lit?

charmcitysking
12-12-2020, 07:00 AM

Jimjam
12-12-2020, 07:49 AM
They’re comparing wealth not wage...i.e the value accumulated not their annual earnings...

Cassawary
12-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Don't be hurt by this, it's just the way it is.

China gunna be #1 economy soon, but they are still on average quite poor - alot poorer than Americans.

So.... population doesn't really mean anything.

I'll explain in dkp terms:

If your guild has 10,000 dkp, but 3 people have 9800 dkp and the other 50 have a combined 200 dkp...it doesn't make your guild dkp rich ;).

Australia/GDP per capita
57,373.69 USD (2018)

United States/GDP per capita
62,794.59 USD (2018)

China/GDP per capita
9,770.85 USD (2018)

magnetaress
12-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Rich ppl probably spend more in China overall than America.

China getting some big RnD and cool investments. Nothing can stop that.

Jimjam
12-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Australia/GDP per capita
57,373.69 USD (2018)

United States/GDP per capita
62,794.59 USD (2018)

China/GDP per capita
9,770.85 USD (2018)

The point of the thread was to look at the wealth of the typical American, GDP/cap fails to do this as wealth is not evenly distributed. If you have a country where one person makes 7 billion and 6 other people make nothing the GDP/c would suggest the average person is a billionaire.

This is one of the reasons why the op looked at median wealth (the middle value), not gdp. It also helps to account for taxes, living costs and the ability to save too.

I’d love to see the mode wealth (most common value). This would be more informative about the typical person than GDP/c, income, mean wealth or median wealth.

Cassawary
12-12-2020, 12:58 PM
The point of the thread was to look at the wealth of the typical American, GDP/cap fails to do this as wealth is not evenly distributed. If you have a country where one person makes 7 billion and 6 other people make nothing the GDP/c would suggest the average person is a billionaire.

This is one of the reasons why the op looked at median wealth (the middle value), not gdp. It also helps to account for taxes, living costs and the ability to save too.

I’d love to see the mode wealth (most common value). This would be more informative about the typical person than GDP/c, income, mean wealth or median wealth.

That's fair but China yammering is one of my triggers. :o

Thulian
12-12-2020, 05:05 PM

All he knows is video games, he still has no job ( Going on years ) he is as much of an architect as george costanza

Also lol @ australia country is a big joke and everyone is dirt poor except .5%

imperiouskitten
12-12-2020, 06:34 PM

good post lol

White_knight
12-12-2020, 06:55 PM
All he knows is video games, he still has no job ( Going on years ) he is as much of an architect as george costanza

Also lol @ australia country is a big joke and everyone is dirt poor except .5%

Oh that's who this poster is.

How's the tomato's going? Still living at grandma's?

P.s. how do keep getting banned every 15 mins?

*Sips 5$ take away coffee*

White_knight
12-12-2020, 06:57 PM
That's fair but China yammering is one of my triggers. :o

I hate China yammering too, but faced the facts long ago as shit as it is they will be #1 economy soon.

Doesn't mean they are wealthy, lotta dirt poor people in China.

BarnabusCollins
12-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Still living at grandma's? lmao

Thulian
12-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Did you guys see the CEO of clorox on the news yesterday very cleverly not admitting textiles are STILL coming from china thats why there is a shortage?

Americans want everything american made but dont want to do any real work or want to be paid a retarded amount for it.

imperiouskitten
12-12-2020, 09:12 PM
Did you guys see the CEO of clorox on the news yesterday very cleverly not admitting textiles are STILL coming from china thats why there is a shortage?

Americans want everything american made but dont want to do any real work or want to be paid a retarded amount for it.
we honestly shouldn't have to work. our fathers conquered the Earth. we should sit like effendi and eat.

hobart
12-12-2020, 10:14 PM
There is a mis-conception that American's are wealthy, you're not.

There is another misconception that a plural ending in "s" requires and apostrophe, it doesn't.

Where did you go to school you Dundee retard? Sorry you don't speak American.

imperiouskitten
12-12-2020, 11:55 PM
Don't blame him, he's made of the worst of Saxon blood

Gwaihir
12-13-2020, 12:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/aVCaU23.png

America HAS wealthy people (obviously) but it's a small portion - the average (i.e the bulk) of Americans are poor....American is ranked 22nd in the world and by a LONG shot.

Hope this helps you all that constantly post shit like this guy just did:

To add context he is referring to New Zealand... which is 15 places higher in the average wealth ranking at almost double the wealth.

p.s I'm from Australia, I know what wealth is.

Ok Rabbi.

It seems to me that maybe we should be redistributing the wealth of the average Wallabee, Kiwi, Popsicle, and Swiss to those of us less fortunate, eh comrade?

imperiouskitten
12-13-2020, 12:18 AM
this kid would be speaking japanese and washing yellow feet at a bath house if we hadn't invented nukes to maintain a protectorate over his shitty vassal desert island

proudest military moment getting smoked by turks at gallipoli lol

Gwaihir
12-13-2020, 12:22 AM
This is just retarded ass logic. If you're a global communist living in switzerland, australia, iceland, Hong Kong etc...

Give me some fucking wealth so we can even this shit up. Equality being the ONLY virtue, after all.

Start giving away your disproportionate wealth, " be the change" etc.

In the congonese region of Africa, they're still hand bailing water and living in mud huts. Let's realize this equality. Bulldoze ur shit down and build a mud hut with a grass-thatched roof

Till then, maybe you should stfu.

Cassawary
12-13-2020, 12:39 AM
this kid would be speaking japanese and washing yellow feet at a bath house if we hadn't invented nukes to maintain a protectorate over his shitty vassal desert island

proudest military moment getting smoked by turks at gallipoli lol

https://i.imgur.com/OBAXlYn_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand

douglas1999
12-13-2020, 02:04 AM
If we add up all the wealth in the entire world and distribute it equally among every single human being, everyone would have the pleasure of being poor as shit.

There also wouldn't be any elon musks or medical r&d because you have to actually pay people a lot of money for the time and effort they put in to creating amazing things so that you can eat cheeseburgers comfortably all day.

imperiouskitten
12-13-2020, 04:32 AM
If we add up all the wealth in the entire world and distribute it equally among every single human being, everyone would have the pleasure of being poor as shit.

There also wouldn't be any elon musks or medical r&d because you have to actually pay people a lot of money for the time and effort they put in to creating amazing things so that you can eat cheeseburgers comfortably all day.

https://i.imgur.com/c3Ayw2p.png

Gwaihir
12-13-2020, 12:40 PM

Wouldn't take long to become unevenly distributed again anyways with that n**** Tron coming up in the dice game! (Best belee dat)

how often do we redistribute for even-ality? Daily, weekly?

magnetaress
12-13-2020, 01:21 PM
Gwaihr, America is steampunk, coal fueled, liquid petrol wildwest w/gun freedom fighter.

Not mud huts.

The real 1st world flies past us with hydrogen fuel cells and natural gas, solar, etc. As those governments will not allow ExxonMobil eternal dominion over energy production.

Topgunben
12-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Gwaihr, America is steampunk, coal fueled, liquid petrol wildwest w/gun freedom fighter.

Not mud huts.

The real 1st world flies past us with hydrogen fuel cells and natural gas, solar, etc. As those governments will not allow ExxonMobil eternal dominion over energy production.

Hydrogen energy is really interesting to me. From my understanding, we can have basically an unlimited amount of cheap energy. Like you can drive to New York from California for $20

Daloon
12-13-2020, 01:34 PM
has your country even landed on the moon yet? srs

magnetaress
12-13-2020, 01:34 PM
It requires building new factories and retooling them to build the right stuff, and it requires manufacturing and packaging, and safety - which requires more money.

The initial investment is in the Trillions, no one is going to do that when the states get uppity about you having a hydrogen bomb in your car.

But the science for the tech and industry is there. Behind a Jstor paywall.

Low power stuff is popular in the cutting edge electronics field because smart bombs that require tiny fuel cells, or can just run off the rocket motor already powering the missile are woke. And don't require big dangerous amounts of power coupled to them. And are also lighter.

Topgunben
12-13-2020, 01:37 PM
It requires building new factories and retooling them to build the right stuff, and it requires manufacturing and packaging, and safety - which requires more money.

The initial investment is in the Trillions, no one is going to do that when the states get uppity about you having a hydrogen bomb in your car.

But the science for the tech and industry is there. Behind a Jstor paywall.

I believe the same thing was said of Lithium Batteries. Once the technology gets more stable, it will be viable.

Then all that needs to happen is the government needs to find a way to make money off it and we are golden.

magnetaress
12-13-2020, 01:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/URvTDar.png

ya- thx topgun

also ya'll know i'm just trollin i don't know shit :D

but am pretty hopeful because i seen some cool aplications of it on a small local level with a tiny river/creek feeding a hydroelectric processing facility to store hydrogen :D, the goal here was to run the bathroom, keep the lights on at the park. I obviously live in a generally, very, wet climate tho, with a watershead that can barely handle the yearly influx of rain, but it's not keeping up with refilling the aquifer, so there are issues with sucking all the water out of the system.

Definitely enough to power a lowfi low power EQ box. Not like an RTX 2080, but like a small tiny thinkpad thing. Think the maiiin issue would be then transmitting the data back to the big server over thousands of miles, that's going to require a large, less sustainable source of power. But the smaller bits interlocking into the bigger systems can be made much more efficient over time.

Inevitably we are going to want to mine juipiter and some how deal with the radiation/utilize the radiation in that system. If we make it thru the filters, and singularities.

I think a big issue with alternative power to gas and coal, may be that we can't sustain 7billion people on that without mudhuts. More like 3billion of 500 million. Or whatever # the illuminati want.

In the long run, I think the best humanity can do is leave a forumpost for the next species, generation maybe even. To find while it migrates around the cosmos, solarsystem. Should that species even be able to survive the travel/be long lived, sustainable, would need to be the evil mechanicals and el-oh-himms. hyymms or w/e we think the angels are. My linguistics is broken.

insert:obligatory:self:referential:barf:gif

Jimjam
12-13-2020, 04:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/URvTDar.png

ya- thx topgun

also ya'll know i'm just trollin i don't know shit :D

but am pretty hopeful because i seen some cool aplications of it on a small local level with a tiny river/creek feeding a hydroelectric processing facility to store hydrogen :D, the goal here was to run the bathroom, keep the lights on at the park. I obviously live in a generally, very, wet climate tho, with a watershead that can barely handle the yearly influx of rain, but it's not keeping up with refilling the aquifer, so there are issues with sucking all the water out of the system.

Definitely enough to power a lowfi low power EQ box. Not like an RTX 2080, but like a small tiny thinkpad thing. Think the maiiin issue would be then transmitting the data back to the big server over thousands of miles, that's going to require a large, less sustainable source of power. But the smaller bits interlocking into the bigger systems can be made much more efficient over time.

Inevitably we are going to want to mine juipiter and some how deal with the radiation/utilize the radiation in that system. If we make it thru the filters, and singularities.

I think a big issue with alternative power to gas and coal, may be that we can't sustain 7billion people on that without mudhuts. More like 3billion of 500 million. Or whatever # the illuminati want.

In the long run, I think the best humanity can do is leave a forumpost for the next species, generation maybe even. To find while it migrates around the cosmos, solarsystem. Should that species even be able to survive the travel/be long lived, sustainable, would need to be the evil mechanicals and el-oh-himms. hyymms or w/e we think the angels are. My linguistics is broken.

insert:obligatory:self:referential:barf:gifThe charitable thing would be to exhaust fossil fuels first. Remove the pitfall of a polluting dead end for the our replacements before they even begin.

magnetaress
12-13-2020, 04:20 PM
The charitable thing would be to exhaust fossil fuels first. Remove the pitfall of a polluting dead end for the our replacements before they even begin.

It's going to all go back into the ground as the squids rise up out of the oceans.

Thulian
12-13-2020, 05:04 PM

No one has landed on the moon yet, anyone who believes people have been on the moon is uneducated.

Hence why they keep talking about it then pushing the dates further out yet we went 30 years ago? Sure lol

Jimjam
12-13-2020, 05:48 PM
No one has landed on the moon yet, anyone who believes people have been on the moon is uneducated.

Hence why they keep talking about it then pushing the dates further out yet we went 30 years ago? Sure lol

Check out this guy, he believes in moons! If the moon is real, what prevents it falling to ground? Checkmate ‘scientists’.

magnetaress
12-13-2020, 05:56 PM
Well JPL says MASCONs are natural and from impacts causing denser material to flow and acrete in certain spots ont he moon, seems legit. Seeeeems reasonable. -ish, in many cases.

So my earlier snarky assertion is invalid.

imperiouskitten
12-13-2020, 06:20 PM
Check out this guy, he believes in moons! If the moon is real, what prevents it falling to ground? Checkmate ‘scientists’.

the moon israel

FatherSioux
12-13-2020, 09:35 PM

It helps your case if you can do simple math. If you try and convince people of a conspiracy but fail to realize that 1969 was over 50 years ago it discredits your overall message.

imperiouskitten
12-13-2020, 09:48 PM
dates him hes a 90s or late 80s kid. am i right?

Jibartik
12-13-2020, 09:51 PM
isreal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_7rkb2M5kc

Jibartik
12-14-2020, 12:02 PM
lol I Had a dream the aliens arived and in my dream I was like yelling at people "lol the israel space guy was right!!"

It was awesome the sky went all dark, then these ships came out of these giant cloud funnels.

Then the ships like turned into giant mechs and it was clear to me it was over.

Then like idk nothing happened and I was like, wtf why is the media not talking about those giant mechs? And everyone was like you got played bro that was a conspiracy.

I hate 2020.

imperiouskitten
12-14-2020, 06:17 PM
i had a dream i was walkin around and it was sunny

vegam
12-16-2020, 03:31 AM
That chart is a joke.

I lived in both the UK and the US.

The UK's economy and job market sucks. I was always broke over there.

I flourished in the US with the opportunity here.

I guess the UK is better if you are more suited to living off the dole, but that would drive me insane as I like to work for a living.

Tethler
12-16-2020, 04:29 AM

Which junior high-school did you drop out of?

You should consider going back someday.

imperiouskitten
12-16-2020, 04:41 AM
kennedy assassination was clearly a special operation of some kind (assassin was assassinated), by whom I know not, but moon landing happened. No reason it couldn't.

Arvan
12-16-2020, 05:24 AM
If you are alive in 2020 you either live in an oligarchy/plutocracy or a dictatorship. The people with true wealth and power sit at the top far above you or I who are fed the scraps. Hope this helps.

Arvan
12-16-2020, 05:31 AM
Some more fun facts - 1% of the population of the WORLD owns over 50% of the worlds wealth.

America also has the most millionaires in the world having a very hefty lead over numbers two and three china and japan.

Money is here in america its just very concentrated to the 1% and doesn't seem to be trickling down yet

kaluppo
12-16-2020, 07:39 AM
I work in the IT business so I talk quite a bit with people from places like India and Pakistan. One of my co-workers moved here from India. I remember my co-worker told me that the thing that surprised him the most when he got here is seeing how "good" the middle class lived in America. He specifically mentioned things like houses and apartments that didn't have leaking roofs, every home has a TV and computer, we can buy new or near new cars that don't have holes in the floor.

To them, living on a 50K year salary in the US is like being rich because where they are from the middle class there live very poorly.

It's all perspective.

Llanos
12-16-2020, 08:15 AM
This headline is what is wrong with America. America is literally rich people bitching that other rich people are richer than they are. Even our poor people are rich in comparison. People who haven't travelled say dumb shit like this. Even if other countries have it better they are just even more rich.
Go somewhere and see real poverty and come back.

Jimjam
12-16-2020, 08:56 AM
That chart is a joke.

I lived in both the UK and the US.

The UK's economy and job market sucks. I was always broke over there.

I flourished in the US with the opportunity here.

I guess the UK is better if you are more suited to living off the dole, but that would drive me insane as I like to work for a living.
This is an interesting post. In a way, it does somewhat support the chart - lower income people in UK are better off than US but high income in US are better off.

What years were you in the UK? The few years from 2008 were pretty dire. Thing seem to get better by 2012-2013. Much better by 2017.

Thulian
12-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Which junior high-school did you drop out of?

You should consider going back someday.

There are radiation belts that surround our planet making it impossible for humans to leave our atmosphere with current technology. Not sure if you are confused about the solar system and space in general?

Thulian
12-16-2020, 10:14 AM
Some more fun facts - 1% of the population of the WORLD owns over 50% of the worlds wealth.

America also has the most millionaires in the world having a very hefty lead over numbers two and three china and japan.

Money is here in america its just very concentrated to the 1% and doesn't seem to be trickling down yet

There is no trickle down, you either work your ass off to scratch your way to the top or you end up bitter and mad and vote for joe biden as a way to lash out against the people doing well.

Thulian
12-16-2020, 10:17 AM
I work in the IT business so I talk quite a bit with people from places like India and Pakistan. One of my co-workers moved here from India. I remember my co-worker told me that the thing that surprised him the most when he got here is seeing how "good" the middle class lived in America. He specifically mentioned things like houses and apartments that didn't have leaking roofs, every home has a TV and computer, we can buy new or near new cars that don't have holes in the floor.

To them, living on a 50K year salary in the US is like being rich because where they are from the middle class there live very poorly.

It's all perspective.

I have 2 graphic designers in bangladesh that do my labels and i asked him how much a gallon of good milk is in the store, he said its usually around $1

I pay him $20 for a standard label design which nets him 1/4 shopping cart filled with food. If its a good label ( Which takes him a few hours ) i give him $50 or $100 which is basically a shopping spree and enough food for 2 weeks for his family.

India / pakistan / bangladesh is a dump, 99.9% of people are living in homemade shacks or horrible housing

This headline is what is wrong with America. America is literally rich people bitching that other rich people are richer than they are. Even our poor people are rich in comparison. People who haven't travelled say dumb shit like this. Even if other countries have it better they are just even more rich.
Go somewhere and see real poverty and come back.

Most people dont have any perspective because they have never been anywhere else.

Jimjam
12-16-2020, 11:49 AM
There is no trickle down, you either work your ass off to scratch your way to the top or you end up bitter and mad and vote for joe biden as a way to lash out against the people doing well.

I think wealth is like a dust/gas cloud in space.

If small it dissipates into nothing, absorbed by larger gravity pools. Larger ones might grow into rocks or planets as they have enough gravity to be held together. The largest wealthpools are like stars, furious and all consuming. Sucking in mass and spitting out energy. Even bigger are the black holes of wealth which just more or less suck.

magnetaress
12-16-2020, 01:58 PM
I think wealth is like a dust/gas cloud in space.

If small it dissipates into nothing, absorbed by larger gravity pools. Larger ones might grow into rocks or planets as they have enough gravity to be held together. The largest wealthpools are like stars, furious and all consuming. Sucking in mass and spitting out energy. Even bigger are the black holes of wealth which just more or less suck.

It's an interesting analogy, but the sun also generates much of the energy that keeps our planets ecosystem alive. Granted also our molten core. But it's not black and white.

Still a pretty solid analogy, I feel like we live in a system with a blue giant that is going to collapse and nova soon tho. Less of a stable small yellow main sequence sun, economically.

Think a small cluster of yellow main sequence stars with several habitable planets would be the neatest (funnest, but maybe not the most efficient), and a noble 'engineering' task/goal. Tho, I guess stacking habitable planets is not as viable as spreading them out among several distant systems along different stages, as one sun will consume them all when it transitions into a red giant and starts burning helium.

Arvan
12-17-2020, 02:15 AM

Filed under socio-economically dimwitted

Jimjam
12-17-2020, 04:17 AM

https://www.lse.ac.uk/News/Latest-news-from-LSE/2020/L-December/Tax-cuts-for-the-rich

LSE (London Socialist Elites) claim low taxation does not cause trickledown.

imperiouskitten
12-17-2020, 10:25 AM
1% is pretty good honestly. Just find yourself better off than 99% of ppl. Do you realize how bad 99% of ppl are?

It'll never be better than 1% again. Get it while it's good. Your odds will never, ever be better, except possibly briefly if there's a wealth redistribution event soon.

In the future it'll be literally 1 to 20 world trusts and a whole lot of tenants. Our (unowned, occupancy) share of the machinery will depend only on the size of the machinery, population size, and what share of the total economy is funneled through entitlements the state gives us for the machine to suck back out. Precedent is set very low on this as we pump our economy by handing the cash directly to the owners -- gas directly into the cylinders, except just refilling the god-damn gas tank to keep the entire machine (us) involved. This is very bad as we are training the giant robot to understand that the mass of humans is not particularly important to the economy.

But assuming we aren't all wiped out in some convenient disaster, poverty won't exist in the same sense, with the new human jungle being a very safe climate-controlled series of corridors with McDonalds growing on electric trees and you'll just have to watch a LOT of ads, and "success" at the low end of the 99.98th percentile of wealth will be basically popular whores with a lot of simps. The .02% holding 99% of the wealth at that point will probably be not that much larger in terms of raw count as the current 1% class, although human population will be maybe 10x or 20x today or an order of magnitude bigger than that if energy tech improves a lot, encouraged to breed to generate more UBI entitlement cashflow to be vacuumed out of the economy, not to mention to continue interacting to feed the big computer more and more data from which to produce hypnotic signals.

The inheriting .02% owners of the big metal Earth will be locked in trusts that prevent them from divesting or fucking up their fortunes, for stability's sake, and they'll be more or less locked in posh padded rooms with their choice of peasants to buttfuck while plans charted by a computer and an ancestor play out for generations. Tho prisoners in some sense, they'll get big awesome unheard-of privileges like the ability to see the sun, the ability to manually drive a car or drone instead of autopilot, access to a general computer with linux instead of apple iOS without needing the normal monthly Employment Purpose License and recording software, self-defense weapons with up to five repeating shots, and such. Sooo much power.

Since humans will have no part in production or industry or design, and mass media will be choked and stroked by the mega-owners, the individual's desirability be it socially, sexually, podcast rapport will be the only thing left other than "art", which probably also will be largely usurped by machines incognito with hu-mon identities if we're talking about the writing, visual art, filmmaking spheres. Go watch a cape movie with the constant match-cuts -- they are already written, storyboarded and edited by a machine. Human warmth will be the last and most valuable product we can generate... i hope, or else there will be no need for us

Grab some capital now if you aren't content to spectate. Seducing inheritors will be the very last means of social mobility once humanity reaches its mature state of stratification, which will be extreme. 1% is soooo achievable compared to where we're headed, you sound like little baby. One day you gonna wake up inside a completely immutable iron cylinder saying what in the heck happened.

Gwaihir
12-17-2020, 11:22 AM
1% is pretty good honestly. Just find yourself better off than 99% of ppl. Do you realize how bad 99% of ppl are?

It'll never be better than 1% again. Get it while it's good. Your odds will never, ever be better, except possibly briefly if there's a wealth redistribution event soon.

In the future it'll be literally 1 to 20 world trusts and a whole lot of tenants. Our (unowned, occupancy) share of the machinery will depend only on the size of the machinery, population size, and what share of the total economy is funneled through entitlements the state gives us for the machine to suck back out. Precedent is set very low on this as we pump our economy by handing the cash directly to the owners -- gas directly into the cylinders, except just refilling the god-damn gas tank to keep the entire machine (us) involved. This is very bad as we are training the giant robot to understand that the mass of humans is not particularly important to the economy.

But assuming we aren't all wiped out in some convenient disaster, poverty won't exist in the same sense, with the new human jungle being a very safe climate-controlled series of corridors with McDonalds growing on electric trees and you'll just have to watch a LOT of ads, and "success" at the low end of the 99.98th percentile of wealth will be basically popular whores with a lot of simps. The .02% holding 99% of the wealth at that point will probably be not that much larger in terms of raw count as the current 1% class, although human population will be maybe 10x or 20x today or an order of magnitude bigger than that if energy tech improves a lot, encouraged to breed to generate more UBI entitlement cashflow to be vacuumed out of the economy, not to mention to continue interacting to feed the big computer more and more data from which to produce hypnotic signals.

The inheriting .02% owners of the big metal Earth will be locked in trusts that prevent them from divesting or fucking up their fortunes, for stability's sake, and they'll be more or less locked in posh padded rooms with their choice of peasants to buttfuck while plans charted by a computer and an ancestor play out for generations. Tho prisoners in some sense, they'll get big awesome unheard-of privileges like the ability to see the sun, the ability to manually drive a car or drone instead of autopilot, access to a general computer with linux instead of apple iOS without needing the normal monthly Employment Purpose License and recording software, self-defense weapons with up to five repeating shots, and such. Sooo much power.

Since humans will have no part in production or industry or design, and mass media will be choked and stroked by the mega-owners, the individual's desirability be it socially, sexually, podcast rapport will be the only thing left other than "art", which probably also will be largely usurped by machines incognito with hu-mon identities if we're talking about the writing, visual art, filmmaking spheres. Go watch a cape movie with the constant match-cuts -- they are already written, storyboarded and edited by a machine. Human warmth will be the last and most valuable product we can generate... i hope, or else there will be no need for us

Grab some capital now if you aren't content to spectate. Seducing inheritors will be the very last means of social mobility once humanity reaches its mature state of stratification, which will be extreme. 1% is soooo achievable compared to where we're headed, you sound like little baby. One day you gonna wake up inside a completely immutable iron cylinder saying what in the heck happened.

That was a good read. Thanks.

Cassawary
12-17-2020, 12:18 PM
That was a good read. Thanks.

r/collapse.txt

Thulian
12-17-2020, 12:39 PM

Arvan [60 Warlord] <Kittens Who Say Meow>

Filed under no money in the bank