PDA

View Full Version : Where are you (playing) from?

Ghamarro
12-06-2020, 12:51 AM
Hi ya'll,

Deducing from the server's player number peak times and from my personal in-game experiences I would make the educated guess that the player base consist mostly of Americans. I personally am from Europe and was kind of disheartened to see how few European players there are because that means I have to play at some really odd hours to find the game really bustling with people like an MMO should be and have lots of players to play with. Even when playing mostly at European daytimes and evenings, I have mostly met only Americans who are just playing at their own odd hours. What's up with that? Wasn't EQ1 just not that big outside the US or how come that is the situation? Maybe the US was just really that much ahead of the rest of the world in terms of home computing tech and thus decent 3D-capable computers and good, reliable Internet connections weren't as readily available globally at that time or at reasonable price, or something like that? I don't really know because it was quite before my time. I was a tiny kid when EQ1 came out and didn't really know anything beyond what the local gaming and computer magazines told me since I wasn't allowed to peruse the Internet freely due to my young age and it being really expsive. Basically the same cost as a regular phone call. I had one friend who used to regaluarly play vanilla Starcraft onilne on his own computer, but their family was a lot wealthier than the average. It wasn't until ISDN "broadband" connections with constant montlhy price hit the general market that online gaming really started to pick up speed here in Finland, atleast among the youth.

Cheerios!

BiG SiP
12-06-2020, 12:55 AM
Africa

Swish
12-06-2020, 01:00 AM
There's more of us Euros out there than you think, there's just no real Euro based guild on green.

Trexller
12-06-2020, 01:04 AM
bush, towers

imperiouskitten
12-06-2020, 01:30 AM
Definitely Africa

solleks
12-06-2020, 08:42 AM
I used to sit in betweem the twin towers and used wifi for free but after they got "hit by planes" i switch to the world trade 7 building since that didnt get hit by any planes so therefore why wouldnt i be able to go to that building.

Ghamarro
12-08-2020, 02:12 AM
There's more of us Euros out there than you think, there's just no real Euro based guild on green.
We need to get on that most asaply! #eurogang :cool:

Jibartik
12-08-2020, 02:13 AM
I am playing in the two towers wtf my office is not an option??

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 02:31 AM
UGANDA