PDA

View Full Version : monk discipline question

dokkho
05-18-2011, 09:08 AM
I haven't played a monk on live and i just hit 53 today. So i have the 3 followings disc :

- Stonestance, 51, (4 min reuse)
- Thunderkick, 52 (10 min reuse)
- Whilrwind, 52 (40 min reuse)

Till 52, the disc worked as i thought they should, just can't use 2 at the same time. Now that i hit 53 and tried to use Whilrwind, it made Stonestance on cooldown and took 40 minutes to be able to use stonestance again (instead of 4 min refresh). Is this how it is supposed to work? Seems strange to me and in this case Whirlwind is kinda useless..

Ennoia
05-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I haven't played a monk on live and i just hit 53 today. So i have the 3 followings disc :

- Stonestance, 51, (4 min reuse)
- Thunderkick, 52 (10 min reuse)
- Whilrwind, 52 (40 min reuse)

Till 52, the disc worked as i thought they should, just can't use 2 at the same time. Now that i hit 53 and tried to use Whilrwind, it made Stonestance on cooldown and took 40 minutes to be able to use stonestance again (instead of 4 min refresh). Is this how it is supposed to work? Seems strange to me and in this case Whirlwind is kinda useless..

They share a cooldown...lots of discs do.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
All disciplines should be locked out until the reuse timer for the last discipline you used has passed.

Ennoia
05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
All disciplines should be locked out until the reuse timer for the last discipline you used has passed.

That's far from the truth. Only works like that with certain Disciplines. Others are able to be chained.

Knuckle
05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I believe all offensive discs are on cooldown when you use an offensive disc untill its timer is up, and all defensive discs are on cooldown when you use a defensive disc untill its timer is up.

Versus
05-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I believe it is correct.

If you use Stonstance, Whirlwind and Voiddance are locked out for a 4 minute cool down. If you use Voiddance or Whirlwind, the one that you didn't use and Stonestance are locked out for a 40 minute cool down.

It makes sense...Whirlwind/Voiddance are kind of "oh shit" disciplines that you're using to save your life...they should have a longer recharge. You get the benefit of using Stonestance every 4 minutes if you choose to just mitigate 90% of the damage instead of avoid all of it.

Messianic
05-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I believe it is correct.

If you use Stonstance, Whirlwind and Voiddance are locked out for a 4 minute cool down. If you use Voiddance or Whirlwind, the one that you didn't use and Stonestance are locked out for a 40 minute cool down.

It makes sense...Whirlwind/Voiddance are kind of "oh shit" disciplines that you're using to save your life...they should have a longer recharge. You get the benefit of using Stonestance every 4 minutes if you choose to just mitigate 90% of the damage instead of avoid all of it.

Stonestance is also a nice buffer for those critical FD failures :D

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
All disciplines were on the same timer until Dec 18, 2003 when they became tome based and started to use endurance.

Google search for the patch notes on that day.