PDA

View Full Version : Plague face masks.

Shourty
11-19-2020, 05:11 PM
We went to Costco today and purchased a box of face masks with this comment on the box:

"Not for medical use. Intended for single use only - discard after use.
This general use mask cannot eliminate the risk of contracting an infectious disease."

But we are required to wear them so we don't catch the plague.

Tunabros
11-19-2020, 05:17 PM
dont go outside problem solved

How does America have so many cases??

Shourty
11-19-2020, 05:24 PM
We test a lot more than other countries so we get more positives. And perhaps because the tests aren't accurate. Mr. Musk took four tests one day and got two positives and two negatives.

Videri
11-19-2020, 05:30 PM
The mask isn't supposed to eliminate the risk. Just reduce it. You're supposed to wear mask and social distance and wash hands and wipe down the doorknobs and so on.

strongNpretty
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM

This is too loaded of a question :)

magnetaress
11-19-2020, 05:42 PM

We are filthy barbarians with lots of pollution and troll, mole, morlock people. But we are damn hard to kill.

Barely put a dent in the proletarian population and slave casts

The mask isn't supposed to eliminate the risk. Just reduce it. You're supposed to wear mask and social distance and wash hands and wipe down the doorknobs and so on.

I eat food right off the floor. ZERO fucks given. Brain dead. Just got chemical signals telling me consume.

kjs86z
11-19-2020, 07:07 PM
And the sheep go baaaaaaaaaaa

magnetaress
11-19-2020, 07:30 PM
⭐⭐⭐⭐

imperiouskitten
11-19-2020, 08:08 PM
We went to Costco today and purchased a box of face masks with this comment on the box:

This general use mask cannot eliminate the risk of contracting an infectious disease."

so deep the liability wharning

thats a deep OP maybe the first OP that doesnt suck cocks ever

imperiouskitten
11-19-2020, 08:13 PM

my state does not have many. we have many rednecks but they mostly honour mask politeness, instead of behaving like sociopath. also the BDSM scene has been shut down since march ree I want attention.

douglas1999
11-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Masks are very important, this disease is no joke. Assuming you get it, you only have a 99.9% chance to survive. It's tricky too, because the most deadly thing about it is that like 40% of people who get it don't even know because they have no symptoms. It's very very deadly.

Oh and it's also a very woke disease; if you're protesting for blm or celebrating joe biden winning, then you can't get it. Otherwise though, stay inside forever because it's basically airborne ebola.

Lizard1
11-19-2020, 08:30 PM
Masks do nothing, covid19 bacteria is MICROSCOPIC and is all over the products you are buying in the stores because everyone walking around is infected and breathing all over everything.

( Microscopic things go right through the gigantic holes in the masks both when you breathe in and out )

They dont reduce the risk at all , for more information look at the spikes everywhere and all the idiots are walking around with masks HURDUR Dont do shit enjoy

Vaccine soon cant wait to shoot it into my ass

douglas1999
11-19-2020, 08:52 PM
This deadly disease, where a huge number of people who get it don't even know because it affects them so minimally, is surely worth draconian lockdowns and curfews and the permanent shuttering of thousands of businesses and people's livelihoods. Don't question the science! There's a .1% chance you could die if you get it!

There are tons of other diseases out there, sure, but this one is special and different. Why exactly? Well, I don't know, but people keep telling me it's very bad and that I should do exactly what they tell me to do.

BiG SiP
11-19-2020, 08:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ycyz66t.jpg

Woke Locc
11-19-2020, 09:16 PM
Masks do nothing, covid19 bacteria is MICROSCOPIC and is all over the products you are buying in the stores because everyone walking around is infected and breathing all over everything.

( Microscopic things go right through the gigantic holes in the masks both when you breathe in and out )

They dont reduce the risk at all , for more information look at the spikes everywhere and all the idiots are walking around with masks HURDUR Dont do shit enjoy

Would you wear a mask if it was 40% effective in preventing covid-19?

Scratch&Sniff
11-19-2020, 09:30 PM
https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

imperiouskitten
11-19-2020, 10:41 PM

1st of all, there are no covid19 bacteria.

2ndly, this thinking is why that retard Fauci, who is an inferior medical thinker to me, said initially that masks don't work, which was perhaps the greatest single embarrassment and failure and malpractice by a public health professional in world history which, hilariously indicative of our collective brain drain, there is not 1 single person but me calling out. "Paper masks don't work" was a trope in the academy aimed at making sure providers use stricter, more uncomfortable masks when called-for and don't trust 90% efficacy out of laziness. In fact if your brain isn't a cartoon network you understand that virons actually travel primarily in particulate little water balls, which vary from microscopic to eye-visible and are largely captured by fabric (if you ever noticed your mask gets damp). This is why and how masks were ultimately proven very effective, particularly in a general pandemic where it is impractical to wear stricter darth vader masks all the time.

I agree however that it's horrifying going to the grocery store where produce is still stored in the open, getting coated slowly in biological risk all day. It's really too bad we do not have a functional government or collective mind to tell us that compartmentalizing unpackaged food away from the public breathing air is necessary to improve safety of our grocery stores. You know, could add like a plastic cover over the produce racks or doors. And humidify the content air too, which would be dope for freshness. But I guess we can just print lots and lots of masks and ventilators and lock ourselves in our houses and pat ourselves on the back for our WW2-size sacrifices and brilliance and innovation, too (we invented radar and nukes for ww2)

We deserve to lose our status as world reserve currency. Our brain has rotted the fuck out.

Trexller
11-20-2020, 12:16 AM

Yet another undeniable, glaring, in your face piece of evidence of this hugely bullshit 99.7% survival rate PLANdemic Hoax.

Woke Locc
11-20-2020, 12:54 AM
Yet another undeniable, glaring, in your face piece of evidence of this hugely bullshit 99.7% survival rate PLANdemic Hoax.

Eliminate risk means 100% prevention

You're clearly illiterate

Trexller
11-20-2020, 12:58 AM

This general use mask cannot eliminate the risk of contracting an infectious disease.

Woke Locc
11-20-2020, 01:06 AM
I'm fine with you doubling down on your idiocy, moosehumper

cd288
11-20-2020, 01:06 AM
This deadly disease, where a huge number of people who get it don't even know because it affects them so minimally, is surely worth draconian lockdowns and curfews and the permanent shuttering of thousands of businesses and people's livelihoods. Don't question the science! There's a .1% chance you could die if you get it!

There are tons of other diseases out there, sure, but this one is special and different. Why exactly? Well, I don't know, but people keep telling me it's very bad and that I should do exactly what they tell me to do.

I lost a friend to COVID. Go fuck yourself you selfish inconsiderate individual

Jibartik
11-20-2020, 01:19 AM
We could be walking around with p95 starwars helmets with AR and drone connectivity and infrared googles and stuff but instead we had a national small dick measuring contest.

Sad.

FatherSioux
11-20-2020, 01:34 AM
I read this title as plaque, disappointed to say the least. Everyone please carry on with your hand waiving.

imperiouskitten
11-20-2020, 01:48 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't lost anyone I know but my heart is rent by the national callousness to 250k (will be 500k at minimum total) American deaths. We sold our entire way of life out gleefully for a single day's acts of terrorism on 3 airplanes, but we're not willing to evolve into a scientopia for 1000x the deaths. Zero leadership, and zero quality criticism of the response anywhere I turn. I am so sad with us.

Tunabros
11-20-2020, 02:16 AM
We could be walking around with p95 starwars helmets with AR and drone connectivity and infrared googles and stuff but instead we had a national small dick measuring contest.

Sad.

lol

magnetaress
11-20-2020, 10:42 AM
obesity should = instant death, you should lose your citizenship basically and people should be allowed to kill you for sport

kjs86z
11-20-2020, 11:12 AM
pras Mother Rona - slayer of sloth

douglas1999
11-20-2020, 11:23 AM

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that but I'm not sure how any of what I said makes me selfish. Obviously I don't want people to die, it's just exceedingly rare that a healthy person dies from this. Insisting that businesses go under and completely refusing to rethink these lockdown measures, which are now opposed even by the world health organization, could be called selfish too I think.

hobart
11-20-2020, 01:02 PM

I don't get how Trumptards make the same stupid points over and over again. It's like some of you are incapable of learning.

NOTHING can ELIMINATE the risk. That doesn't mean that wearing a mask serves no purpose. Most scenarios in life are not all or nothing.

You're basically saying every qualified expert on the planet is wrong and you know best thanks to your access to OAN and AM radio. Wear your fucking masks, Trumptards.

magnetaress
11-20-2020, 01:24 PM
I don't get how Trumptards make the same stupid points over and over again. It's like some of you are incapable of learning.

NOTHING can ELIMINATE the risk. That doesn't mean that wearing a mask serves no purpose. Most scenarios in life are not all or nothing.

You're basically saying every qualified expert on the planet is wrong and you know best thanks to your access to OAN and AM radio. Wear your fucking masks, Trumptards.

FM radio were i live, 2 stations actchuually

but i agree lol it's dumb black and white thinking - #noteverytrumptard tho

just a lot of people are messed up

the other end of the extreme is having a panic attack when the baggy your chinese food comes in touches the table

FatherSioux
11-20-2020, 02:06 PM

Because we don't operate life like this bud. You don't, I don't, no one does. Should we pass a law that it's illegal to swim without a life jacket? Maybe ban people from being outside during thunderstorms?

People are responsible for personal decisions. If it's as valuable as you claim then they would have laws, like seatbelts. But the science isn't clear. How you don't get the idea that life is all about personal responsibility is shocking. Maybe not though since you probably look outside yourself for assistance on a daily basis.

Bottom line: Libs look to big daddy Gov for answers. Cons look to big daddy freedom for guidance.

Jibartik
11-20-2020, 02:08 PM
You could totally put a FM radio receiver in a stwars helmet.

Danth
11-20-2020, 02:24 PM
Bottom line: Libs look to big daddy Gov for answers. Cons look to big daddy freedom for guidance.

It's really the other way around, just politics are so screwed up nowadays that it's all a mess like everything else. Liberals--actual liberals, not communists--believe in free will and liberty and individualism. Conservatives are the folks who're as a rule more apt to follow government guidance and tradition for its own sake. Communists are their own special breed of vermin, faux-liberals who seldom practice what they preach and in actuality tend towards highly conservative behavior in most respects. Do the highly-regimented societies like North Korea or the former USSR look particularly "liberal" to anyone who has eyeballs?

Government-mandated "social distancing" is in flagrant violation of the Bill of Rights and should be opposed by all citizens for that reason alone. Tyrannical governments have long used fear and "for your safety!" arguments as a means of coercing populations into giving up their rights. It is not a new tactic.

Danth

Lizard1
11-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Would you wear a mask if it was 40% effective in preventing covid-19?

it is 0% effective because covid19 bacteria is MICROSCOPIC and can live on surfaces for 30 days, which means all the stuff your buying in stores or online has bacteria all over it

only way to be truly safe is live on a farm with a well and produce all your own food and quarantine for a year, goodluck with that !

FatherSioux
11-20-2020, 02:37 PM
It's really the other way around, just politics are so screwed up nowadays that it's all a mess like everything else. Liberals--actual liberals, not communists--believe in free will and liberty and individualism. Conservatives are the folks who're as a rule more apt to follow government guidance and tradition for its own sake. Communists are their own special breed of vermin, faux-liberals who seldom practice what they preach and in actuality tend towards highly conservative behavior in most respects. Do the highly-regimented societies like North Korea or the former USSR look particularly "liberal" to anyone who has eyeballs?

Government-mandated "social distancing" is in flagrant violation of the Bill of Rights and should be opposed by all citizens for that reason alone. Tyrannical governments have long used fear and "for your safety!" arguments as a means of coercing populations into giving up their rights. It is not a new tactic.

Danth

I'm not sure I really agree with your ideas here. Conservatism is based on small gov, Liberalism is based on big gov. I don't think using Facism or Communism to compare the sides is useful because Facism and Communism are quite similar. The Political spectrum is a ring, not a flat plane. Facism and Communism are touching at the top of that ring.

Anyways this book helped me understand the Left and the Right quite well, I suggest it to anyone who will listen.

The Righteous Mind (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0307455777/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_zWaUFb4QHBW5E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

He has another great book The Coddling of the American Mind, great read for all parents.

Danth
11-20-2020, 02:46 PM
It depends on how you're using the word, really. I do not necessarily link "liberal" with "big government." Anarchists were traditionally also regarded as extremist liberals, at least up until the topsy-turvy present. Modern paternal liberalism in the FDR style is big-government, to be sure, but that's not the only way. I use "liberal" as a frame of mind moreso than as a political position.

Danth

Woke Locc
11-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Are Soc Dems liberals?

Surrender to the succ

Woke Locc
11-20-2020, 02:54 PM
it is 0% effective because covid19 bacteria is MICROSCOPIC and can live on surfaces for 30 days, which means all the stuff your buying in stores or online has bacteria all over it

only way to be truly safe is live on a farm with a well and produce all your own food and quarantine for a year, goodluck with that !

It's a hypothetical m8. Try again!

FatherSioux
11-20-2020, 04:47 PM
It depends on how you're using the word, really. I do not necessarily link "liberal" with "big government." Anarchists were traditionally also regarded as extremist liberals, at least up until the topsy-turvy present. Modern paternal liberalism in the FDR style is big-government, to be sure, but that's not the only way. I use "liberal" as a frame of mind moreso than as a political position.

Danth

I'm with you in that what I thought Liberals were when I was younger doesn't seem to be a school of thought that is practiced. I think the Liberal ideas that I had in my head when I was young seem like noble and valuable causes. It seems like most of those good ideas has been perverted and contorted to untenable positions for most adults who function in a society.

Example: Homosexuals should be allowed to marry to see the same tax benefits that heterosexuals do. Absolutely, nearly all educated and reasonable people believe this. What happened though is they felt the need to take over the term marriage which is a religious term. That's why people had issues with it. Now we're down the rabbit hole of boys and girls are the same and hormone therapy for 8 year olds is being discussed. There is a direct line from gay marriage being discussed and brought too far.

magnetaress
11-20-2020, 05:50 PM
O M G H O M O S E X U A L S

G A Y M A R I E D

������

There are a lot of cool and normal church's who don't get pissed about it except like the Catholic and Mormon and Baptists but hey. They don't have to say it's acceptable. No one is forcing those churches to gay marry ppl. Or gay ordain ppl.

the government thing is a government thing whether it says 'marriage certificate' or 'state voucher for extra funds'

imo just kill everyone

p.s. i will never marry because i think marraige to the state and each other is a sin against god

Jibartik
11-20-2020, 05:55 PM
Gotta give ya credit takes like 15 minuets to change all the letters in a word to a different color on these boards.

magnetaress
11-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Gotta give ya credit takes like 15 minuets to change all the letters in a word to a different color on these boards.

yeah its stupid boards are so homophobic

were's my default options to randomize colors and do rainbow patterns?

Woke Locc
11-20-2020, 06:13 PM
O M G H O M O S E X U A L S

G A Y M A R I E D

“You might remember me as Peter when we left Yale…" Without blinking, Bush interjected, “And now you’ve come back as yourself." (https://thedailybanter.com/2015/06/hey-mike-huckabee-even-george-bush-knew-how-to-treat-transgendered-people-with-respect/)

Danth
11-20-2020, 06:41 PM
I'm with you in that what I thought Liberals were when I was younger doesn't seem to be a school of thought that is practiced. I think the Liberal ideas that I had in my head when I was young seem like noble and valuable causes. It seems like most of those good ideas has been perverted and contorted to untenable positions for most adults who function in a society.

Goes back to the discussion from the other thread about recognizing when the goals are achieved. The lofty goals of even 100 years ago have long since been realized. We live in that era's dream society. An unmarried man and woman can travel or cohabit without everyone assuming the woman's a prostitute. A white man and black man can eat at the same table and nobody cares. Being openly gay is not a death sentence. Communism has been contained. The big world powers are no longer fighting major shooting wars every few years. Too many folks, many of whom have financial stakes, keep fighting the ghosts of the past instead of more rightly focusing on the new problems of today's world.

With respect to today's problems, the wife and I are well-pleased with the schooling option we chose for our daughter this year (a few, individual, wacky science lessons notwithstanding). The regular public school district here has virtually shut down and the children who went there this year are for all intents and purposes receiving no education, certainly none of value. Our daughter is going to be WAY ahead of the curve at this rate.

Danth

Lizard1
11-20-2020, 08:09 PM
You cant have surgery or take hormone pills and become a woman, not sure if you guys are confused?

Bardp1999
11-20-2020, 08:57 PM
There are a lot of cool and normal church's who don't get pissed about it

p.s. i will never marry because i think marraige to the state and each other is a sin against god

1) try Westboro Baptist Church

2) you will never get married because you are broken inside

Bardp1999
11-20-2020, 09:23 PM
3) will you marry me

Swish
11-20-2020, 11:59 PM
yeah its stupid boards are so homophobic

https://i.imgur.com/xwGJXiA.gif

magnetaress
11-21-2020, 10:33 AM
A. I was being sarcastic
C. I am clinically super insane
B. I like you bardp199, but not enough to destroy you

Shourty
11-21-2020, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hvLiA2akE

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 10:55 PM
We test a lot more than other countries so we get more positives. And perhaps because the tests aren't accurate. Mr. Musk took four tests one day and got two positives and two negatives.

That's because Covid doesn't exist and the "tests" are just randomized with positives. That's why the fruit below the skin of a grapefruit can test positive for covid, because it's not actually testing for anything.

The illness going around? It's called the common cold, and the majority of "people" are proving the NPC meme true.

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 10:59 PM
We are filthy barbarians with lots of pollution and troll, mole, morlock people. But we are damn hard to kill.

Barely put a dent in the proletarian population and slave casts

I eat food right off the floor. ZERO fucks given. Brain dead. Just got chemical signals telling me consume.

If I'm stirring my skillet and a crumble of food falls off the range onto the floor; I eat it....unless my wife is watching, and then in that case I throw it in the sink....and then eat it when she turns her back. I also drink from the milk carton whenever I want, and she's always commenting about that, but she blows me pretty regularly; even when I haven't freshly showered; what gives?

Come at me

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 11:03 PM

I read that in the deep-toned stupid voice.

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 11:11 PM
Btw. Last night my 7 year old broke her arm running through the house tripping over her own shoes that I'm constantly remind her not to leave laying around.

After the x-rays came back and it was time to splint her arm till I get her scheduled with an orthopedic early next week, the kid that was responsible for casting her was fumbling around demonstrating a lack of confidence and a lack of knowledge of the materials he was working with to make the splint when my daughter was asking him what everything was (gauze, water-activated casting materials)

So basically he fumbled around until I took the lead and formed the splint material to her arm, 90d her elbow (fracture is on the "flange" of the humerus just above the elbow), and held the splint in place while it hardened after tearing off a small piece and telling my daughter to notify me when that piece was rock hard and dry. After placing the splint I touch tested her fingertips, told her to wiggle em around and to tell us if there was any tingling or pinching sensation within the splint.

Needless to say, the guy was asking how I knew about all this; told him I've broken my arms at least 7 times growing up skating, and that I was a bio major and chem minor who just didn't decide to go the next route; turns out he was too.

Solist
11-21-2020, 11:19 PM

I don't want to break it to you too hard...but hopkins data says USA is fucked.

Arrange https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ by tests per million population.

Look at the countries with MUCH higher testing rates, their infection rates are much lower. Exclude obviously small outliers, small island nations etc.

Look at countries with first world medical ability.

UK, Spain, Hong Kong, Russia, Australia, Ireland, Italy, France, Norway and many more etc. All absolute dominate the US with having both lower per capita infection rate while having higher, or nearly identical testing rates per capita. Most of them also have higher population density as well.

Problem with america is the americans.

bubur
11-21-2020, 11:20 PM
Btw. Last night my 7 year old broke her arm running through the house tripping over her own shoes that I'm constantly remind her not to leave laying around.

After the x-rays came back and it was time to splint her arm till I get her scheduled with an orthopedic early next week, the kid that was responsible for casting her was fumbling around demonstrating a lack of confidence and a lack of knowledge of the materials he was working with to make the splint when my daughter was asking him what everything was (gauze, water-activated casting materials)

So basically he fumbled around until I took the lead and formed the splint material to her arm, 90d her elbow (fracture is on the "flange" of the humerus just above the elbow), and held the splint in place while it hardened after tearing off a small piece and telling my daughter to notify me when that piece was rock hard and dry. After placing the splint I touch tested her fingertips, told her to wiggle em around and to tell us if there was any tingling or pinching sensation within the splint.

Needless to say, the guy was asking how I knew about all this; told him I've broken my arms at least 7 times growing up skating, and that I was a bio major and chem minor who just didn't decide to go the next route; turns out he was too.

did u ask him if he learned under clinton bush obama trump biden's america?

im having trouble placing this in context. very sorry for your kin's injury man, but can you make this more political please? i need this

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 11:28 PM

Doesn't warrant "prevention" or "elimination" wonk. It's a meme being reified by retards with egos so fragile, that instead of admitting to themselves they've been duped, are doubling down and going fully retarded with illogic to avoid confronting the cognitive dissonance assuaging their ego.

That's why it's so ironic that the "safeguard" to this meme is to wear a "mask".

Our ego is the mask we wear and wore, all of our lives, to protect ourselves from the painful sting of vulnerability and rejection.

; Ultimately, shame/pride being at the root of it all.

Ezekiel chapter 16
Pay special attn to verses 45-49

God bless

imperiouskitten
11-21-2020, 11:31 PM

so for the cliff notes interpretation, basically im supposed to self insert as the little girl and be impressed with u as daddy?

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 11:34 PM
ourselves

Others*

I get those two confused sometimes.

Gwaihir
11-21-2020, 11:34 PM
so for the cliff notes interpretation, basically im supposed to self insert as the little girl and be impressed with u as daddy?

You already are.

imperiouskitten
11-21-2020, 11:38 PM
You already are.

Jibartik
11-21-2020, 11:42 PM
Seems suspect I was just thinking. Just after Trump is declared the loser the vaccine companies declare they have a vaccine, but also just before americas decide to travel during the annual busiest travel day of the year, and now 50 million Americans traveling this thanksgiving.

So the space vampires created Covid held onto the news that there was a vaccine so that we would elect Biden and then announce that there was gonna be a vaccine just in time to get us to all go traveling and die for a year before they can actually deliver the vaccine to people and the next phase of the new world order begins.

We’re through the looking glass here people.

bubur
11-21-2020, 11:47 PM
jib you sound insane, can you relax

covid and vaccines have nothing to do with politics. no matter who wins reality is the same right, you're just scared and coping. stop swinging a rope around "YEEHAW" yankee defensive weirdo

imperiouskitten
11-21-2020, 11:55 PM
Seems suspect I was just thinking. Just after Trump is declared the loser the vaccine companies declare they have a vaccine, but also just before americas decide to travel during the annual busiest travel day of the year, and now 50 million Americans traveling this thanksgiving.

So the space vampires created Covid held onto the news that there was a vaccine so that we would elect Biden and then announce that there was gonna be a vaccine just in time to get us to all go traveling and die for a year before they can actually deliver the vaccine to people and the next phase of the new world order begins.

it's not implausible that the vax timeline was adjusted relative to the election. In fact I would say probable. 90% of the "achievement" of a fast vaccine is accelerating bureaucratic steps and relaxing standards.

Woke Locc
11-21-2020, 11:59 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Looking_Glass

Jibartik
11-22-2020, 12:01 AM
jib you sound insane, can you relax

covid and vaccines have nothing to do with politics. no matter who wins reality is the same right, you're just scared and coping. stop swinging a rope around "YEEHAW" yankee defensive weirdo

I’m not sure I follow you, this sounds like space vampire talk if you ask me.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 09:52 AM
The vaccine will come when it will come. No sooner no faster.

P.S. they had antibodies last year, but I think its super far fetched to say 'they held us hostage' because they wanted people to be so afraid of CoVID they'd vote for Biden. Which is some kind of silly admission of your own that you think Biden has any power over CoVID beyond Trump lol.

It takes time to re-tool factories and kit out the production lines to copy said things and make the drug work in people. 1 year is really fast in my estimation, but I can see it happening with the kind of advances we've made in biotechnology for the last 50 years. Twenty years ago we just wouldn't have even bothered. Or even thought about it.

Also the only way this is profitable now is if governments pay them. People no longer generate profit individually, our only voice left to us is through the government or as branded herds and that probably won't change either no matter who we elect.

Lune
11-22-2020, 10:27 AM

More than anything I think that first Pfizer vaccine announcement was timed to maximize trust in the vaccine. None of these companies wanted the optics of their effort being rushed out by Trump so that he could have a political victory; this was made clear in massive industry-wide statements a few months back. By releasing it a few days after it was clear Biden won, Trump wasn't going to be able to take undue credit for it before votes were cast, avoiding a potential, small Comey-in-2016 style boost, and avoid some of the harmful association between Trump and the covid vaccine.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Yeah fair point Lune.

Why would pfizer care who is president tho? U think daddy Biden is going to give them the better D (deal)?

Hard to say lol. I seen lots of excess non-patient care related spending at the VA on stuff that was just kind of government pork... during the Trump Admin. Not saying it was particularly bad, in fact it will probably have benifted the VA a lot to have new hardware and CPUs rolled out, but that probably would have happened during any administration, and I doubt Trump was particularly adept at picking better administrators to pick better vendors for the goodies.

Meaning its entirely possible, that regardless of how we feel about Tucker Carlson and Jordan Peterson's benzo addictions, Trumps administration could have gotten an OK deal and we would be hardpressed to know the difference in either timeline with just the "CoVID". as a measuring stick. (not worshipping daddy Trump here) just speculating that it's bigger than the guy who sits in the oval office

Lizard1
11-22-2020, 12:34 PM
They didnt make a vaccine in 1 year, fauci has a patent on sars2 that is 10 years old

the wuhan institute of virology has had sars2 for years, they just accelerated current efforts

Vaccines take 10 years usually

Mota
11-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Why would pfizer care who is president tho? U think daddy Biden is going to give them the better D (deal)?

Yeah probably. Neolibs love corporations. Biden made it clear universal healthcare will not happen, he wants everybody on insurance. Everybody on insurance is better for drug companies than republican plan that leaves people uncovered.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Yeah probably. Neolibs love corporations. Biden made it clear universal healthcare will not happen, he wants everybody on insurance. Everybody on insurance is better for drug companies than republican plan that leaves people uncovered.

Absolutely agree with this statement ^.^

Jibartik
11-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Line, that’s exactly what I think happened but that doesn’t make it right, also Pfizer is a German company like American politics are so wild that we have German companies not telling the world that they have a vaccine because they wanna screw with American elections?

Until that moment the whole entire mask Covid debate was not political, but then it suddenly became extremely political.

What are we just holding onto the cure for cancer until the antichrist shows his face?

Lol

Woke Locc
11-22-2020, 01:30 PM

obligatory: 6BejFCPJc18

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 01:36 PM
Sweet sweet Casa

https://i.imgur.com/WTvvE8h.png

Lizard1
11-22-2020, 01:45 PM
Merc pfizer etc got unlimited funding they dont care who is president

only a matter of time before their logos are on our tanks and blackhawks, also donalds picture should be on every vial of vaccine

Jibartik
11-22-2020, 03:36 PM
I’m pretty sure that any corporation in the medical industry is concerned with the President of the United States and 320, million people considering our healthcare system and prices wildly changing based on who is in the office.

Gainfully employed Americans spend so much more than people in a lot of other countries do for the same crap I’m pretty sure that it’s a big deal who is the president of United States for that market.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 04:05 PM
An x-ray in jamaica is like $15

should be the same here

already super rich billionaires don't need more $$

Woke Locc
11-22-2020, 04:08 PM
An x-ray in jamaica is like $15

should be the same here

already super rich billionaires don't need more $$

that's dumb. a jamaican radiologist command a lower wage than a usa america radiologist.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 04:17 PM
Its not dumb - its too expensive and to risky to be a radiologist in america without paying massive protectionism fees

TLDR i'm psycho and attempted surgery on myself - i feel like having another go at it

Woke Locc
11-22-2020, 04:18 PM
Its not dumb - its too expensive and to risky to be a radiologist in america without paying massive protectionism fees

what is protectionism?

https://i.imgur.com/8WJt2Qu.jpg

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 04:23 PM
It means if I succesfully perform 2000 surgies and 1 goes wrong if I am uninsured and unlicensed i go to die in prison. Capital punishment wouldn't apply to such a case normally and this is even worse a fate then just having some crazy relative kill u

look i'm all for crazy communism but it better work and not be some dumb fucked up ACA medicare shit that keeps people 400lb and on insulin and throwing coffee cups at nurses and treating smokers who spit in your face without any severe repercussions or thought towards breeding and sustainability

maybe i expect too much from my fellow man

maybe i'm just having a really bad day and i'm angry af

also pretty stupid and deathwishy (but dont u dare call the cops on me, busy leveling my cleric on red99)

this is how i feel, i turned off rational thought a bit ago, don't need rational right now

like, rights, what are those even, people don't have a 'right' to be stupid, wasteful, and annoying in my feely world, i did not enumerate any of that in my sovereign bill of no-one is going to save u from urself even if u OD on too much kool-aid

satans living rent free in my head right now

imperiouskitten
11-22-2020, 04:40 PM
we're on track to lose more people from this than the Spanish Flu.

https://i.imgur.com/wYroOdJ.png

This is what the world looks like, whatever your technicolor television unemployed amoral unempathetic dreams might tell u.

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 04:43 PM
We had way less people to lose in 1920. Well less well fed people. Less healthy. Less sanitary.

Yes, I am being heartless, and I'm OK if you retaliate for that. I'm sort of sorry, but I am also deep down not. I don't even know.

It's possible to be both heartless and caring simultaneously and when u feel that u know what I am crying about. I'm under no delusion that I can control the dice and fates of men. Just that I know more freedom, less risk, for those who would strive to achieve and better themselves, wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Society as it stands rewards people for nothing. For simply not being a serial killer. That is a pretty low bar to set. Even then it still often fails miserably for many decades.

By the way this is an absolutely beautiful picture to me because it is real and tells a story about us. And how we could be, even at the worst of times. With no end in near sight and no hope or idea things were going to turn around in 6 months.

The craftsmenship on those carriages alone are something to be extremely proud of. Despite the fact that they were simply being used to 'haul dead bodies'.

Woke Locc
11-22-2020, 04:55 PM
we're on track to lose more people from this than the Spanish Flu.

This is what the world looks like, whatever your technicolor television unemployed amoral unempathetic dreams might tell u.

per capita is the demon i choose to wrestle :p

imperiouskitten
11-22-2020, 04:57 PM
that's fine, i don't give a fuk that we've swung wayyy backwards either and have nothing to show for 100 yrs of tech because our hearts all rotted out. hoping the next one cleans up more of that decay tho.

i just want my girldick mended!!

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 05:00 PM
1920 Male life expectancy, 53.6. Female, 54.6.

1998, 73.8, 79.5

I already beat the odds for my demographic strata. Livin on borrowed time.

*i shouldn't be mad* uWu

Lizard1
11-22-2020, 05:06 PM
Spoke with a hospital worker today who said they are on the list for vaccines next week despite FDA Approval taking a long time, we are in the final stretch. Stay home

Woke Locc
11-22-2020, 07:15 PM
that's fine, i don't give a fuk that we've swung wayyy backwards either and have nothing to show for 100 yrs of tech because our hearts all rotted out. hoping the next one cleans up more of that decay tho.

i just want my girldick mended!!

How much pie can you eat if each piece represents 500,000 souls?

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 07:30 PM

Most people don't contemplate reality in these terms. It costs about 10 souls tho per nice walmart, oven bake, pre-made probably. We probably consume around 500,000 souls in our entire lifetime unless we make and spend over dat ~5 million now inflated mark.

But, some, not all, mind you some counterbalance that buy buying peace and saving like 100,000 souls or something? I don't think the scales are very balanced for most of us.

But like, thats were it gets intersting, because the flow of money doesn't = the flow of souls. People benifit from that slave labour in china to make those cheep pies that otherwise wouldn't exist at all. Or never have a chance to send their 1 child to little emperor school.

Jibartik
11-22-2020, 07:37 PM
it is nigh, the... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsxe8q_xgc&feature=youtu.be&t=20)

imperiouskitten
11-22-2020, 07:46 PM

my husband called me fat so im hard fasting

miss my perfect tummy altho boobs and butt r nice :)

Gwaihir
11-22-2020, 07:49 PM
it is nigh, the... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsxe8q_xgc&feature=youtu.be&t=20)

Getting spacedusted is the easiest way to go.

Especially if you're technicolor, and a really big firecracker is the prime mover performing the role of Shiva.

I still remember the 80s. Things were a lot easier back in grainy technicolor; before 64bit color, and high resolution clarity increased detail requirements.

magnetaress
11-23-2020, 10:39 AM
If halflings love eating and making pies, how many souls does the typical halfling contain?

Shourty
11-23-2020, 12:09 PM
I still remember the 80s. .

Cripes, the 80s? I remember the 50s. Yer so young. Old someday you will grow.

imperiouskitten
11-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Cripes, the 80s? I remember the 50s. Yer so young. Old someday you will grow.

50s? Ha! Old.

magnetaress
11-23-2020, 12:34 PM
kids born in the 90's are real wierd.

Shourty
11-23-2020, 12:42 PM
50s? Ha! Old.

Yup, almost done. Still have a lot of good food to eat but gona graduate one of these days.

imperiouskitten
11-23-2020, 12:44 PM
kids born in the 90's are real wierd.

*skrrts skrrts by you* haha!