PDA

View Full Version : Idk where to post this. Or how to title. Yikes.

magnetaress
11-16-2020, 09:44 PM
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/amp34690565/scientists-splice-human-genes-into-monkey-brains/

imperiouskitten
11-16-2020, 09:50 PM
like we need more semisapient migrants :rolleyes:

Jibartik
11-16-2020, 10:03 PM
Ha like 15 mins ago I just finished watching some ancient aliens episode about this but aliens did it to us. Haha!

Trexller
11-16-2020, 10:09 PM
What a waste, when all of that money and science could have been used to make liberals' brains larger.

magnetaress
11-16-2020, 10:19 PM
What a waste, when all of that money and science could have been used to make liberals' brains larger.

Man, I absolutely totally feel you here. Not a liberal myself, but like I also think enough. Larger 🧠 brains are not going to help with wisdom, life, experience.

We need cleaner, neater people who can feed themselves by growing their own food not relying on big monkey to ensure its supplied.

The other day Jib was talking about GPT3 and now we are using neural nets to do big galactic math sims.

We are right around the corner man. And this stuff is taking precedence over freedom and human life.

🙏

Tunabros
11-16-2020, 11:05 PM
the thing about lab-grown brains becoming sentient got me spooked

Baler
11-16-2020, 11:08 PM
the thing about lab-grown brains becoming sentient got me spooked

https://i.imgur.com/FsxFATr.gif

imperiouskitten
11-16-2020, 11:13 PM
"big monkey" xD

magnetaress
11-16-2020, 11:20 PM
Irl iksar. Just around the corner? Who else's gonna be a believable project bluebeam assault troop?

imperiouskitten
11-16-2020, 11:25 PM
the furries are coming

magnetaress
11-17-2020, 12:26 AM
the furries are coming

I don't mind.

Just feel bad about the life we are trapping in a lab and warping just out of sheer brinksmanship. I kinda of childhood know what it's like to be that monkey dropped into a cold empty sterile cage.

I can't illustrate that. It was a loss of agency and neglect or assault so profound.

Anything that can even feel pain or be damaged and withdraw should be held sacred. Heck the fossils and creative environments where life has left a visible and constructive imprint should be held sacred.

Ugh. I know what I just did and I was bad for doing it.

I care about _the_stupid_plants_/s I grow for food and worry for their comfort...

imperiouskitten
11-17-2020, 12:28 AM
I don't mind.

Just feel bad about the life we are trapping in a lab and warping just out of sheer brinksmanship. I kinda of childhood know what it's like to be that monkey dropped into a cold empty sterile cage.

I can't illustrate that. It was a loss of agency and neglect or assault so profound.

Anything that can even feel pain or be damaged and withdraw should be held sacred. Heck the fossils and creative environments where life has left a visible and constructive imprint should be held sacred.

Ugh. I know what I just did and I was bad for doing it.

My Ma got 400 dogs and cats released from such a lab and adopted out. Shuttered the lab. Criminal charges for the operators. Undercover footage. cool huh :cool:

magnetaress
11-17-2020, 12:37 AM
My Ma got 400 dogs and cats released from such a lab and adopted out. Shuttered the lab. Criminal charges for the operators. Undercover footage. cool huh :cool:

:cool:

Yes. Indeed. I'm at a loss for words.