PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine PSA

imperiouskitten
11-13-2020, 03:55 AM
Gusy, even if your method of consuming nicotine is nondamaging (vaping or gum), nicotine addiction makes you into a lazy fuck. I am not sure why it is but it's not a motivating stimulant. It's almost like an extra depressant. I quit nicotine a few days ago and there's a spring in my step I'd lost, plus my sleep schedule is way more normalized. Reminds me of quitting pot where a certain c'es d'eouv'reaua is back in my brain that I'd forgotten was even gone.

Pokesan, you need to QUIT nicotine.

theaetatus
11-13-2020, 04:13 AM
I quit roughly a year ago. I'm still lazy but I have slightly more disposable income.

Cecily
11-13-2020, 04:45 AM
I mean compared to meth, yeah, but most of us aren't as sophisticated as you.

Mead
11-13-2020, 05:00 AM
https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/diacare/41/6/1260.full.pdf

Significantly higher fasting glucagon concentrations characterized the smoking group. This is interesting, because hyperglucagonemia represents a classic pathophysiological phenomenon of type 2 diabetes (35,36) and is an important contributor to type 2 diabetic hyperglycemia (37). Furthermore, it has been shown that hyperglucagonemia in the fasting state may represent one of the earliest signs of the development of type 2 diabetes in obese people with otherwise normal glucose tolerance (22). Thus, the elevated concentrations of glucagon found in the smoking group, could—at least partly—contribute to the smokers’ elevated risk of the development of type 2 diabetes. The exact mechanisms behind the hyperglucagonemia in the group of smokers cannot be deduced from our study. Because chronic smoking has been shown to be associated with increased visceral fat deposits, steatosis-induced hepatic glucagon resistance and compensatory glucagon secretion from the pancreas may, hypothetically, contribute (38).

Interesting read for you nerds out there. You can really go down the rabbit hole with nicotine stuff. An important part pointed out in the article is the stress response during the nonsmoking day. Just imagine how many times that's induced due to anxiety and dependence.

Nicotine also cause a release of catecholamines giving you less than optimal blood flow. It's kind of like taking stims for preworkout. They make you feel amped, but don't actually do anything to benefit you. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Baler
11-13-2020, 08:24 AM
I smoked cigarettes for 5 years straight before I started feeling health effects on my lungs. I'd take a shower and spit up yellow/brown/black phlegm it was around that point I made an effort to quit.

Hardest thing I've ever had to quit, I still get urges when I smell the smoke in the air. Granted I've not given up alcohol but 2 months sober as of this post, let's see how long that lasts.

Anyways Tobacco is super addicting. If you're still smoking please try to quit.

magnetaress
11-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Thread is a serious attempt to help someone dear to Imperiouskitten so imma behave.

Woke Locc
11-13-2020, 09:07 AM
Manic? Bother someone else

magnetaress
11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
It's possible to quit nicotine inhalation and still die from all the comorbidities. Unless someone adresses why they smoke. Normally physiological. Stress. Needs --replacement and regulation-- so they don't just soak themselves in cortisol and wind up like me.

FatherSioux
11-13-2020, 10:14 AM
Used to smoke, chewed for a bit. Chew occasionally if I’m on a boys weekend type thing. Sometimes do a cigar but it’s rarely that enjoyable, just macho man stuff.

Morton Jr
11-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Smoked for 15 years, quit around 8 years ago best thing i ever did. Regardless of what platform you use to consume nicotine its a horrible disgusting drug that makes you feel terrible in every way.

Nicotine is horrible for the human body , even if you eat it, you will still be out of breath from it because it messes with oxygen in your blood.

Nexii
11-13-2020, 11:51 AM
Never had the desire to smoke. Always seemed way too expensive to consider, cig taxes are high in Canada

magnetaress
11-13-2020, 12:53 PM
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1806493

I ran into this, probably totally smoking unrelated.

imperiouskitten
11-13-2020, 05:01 PM
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1806493

I ran into this, probably totally smoking unrelated.

thats ggggnarly

BiG SiP
11-13-2020, 05:03 PM
never had the desire to bark

imperiouskitten
11-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Manic? Bother someone else

no, it's just I can write painlessly for the first time since 2016 so I'm flexing it. hmm, u don't like me anymore? que paso?

Cecily
11-13-2020, 07:38 PM
And just like that, s/he learned his/her problems with everyone else were inside zem all along, stopped projecting, and transitioned to a normal person.

Trexller
11-13-2020, 09:38 PM
switched from cigarettes to a vape

consuming more nicotine now than i did on cigs

ppl are living longer than nature intended. im even more woke than anyone. I'll die early to save the planet!

imperiouskitten
11-13-2020, 09:57 PM
i relapsed and bought a bottle of vape goop tpday

god bless all my souljas in there various combats