PDA

View Full Version : So just to clarify, Human Ranger is the best race choice?

Loadsamoney
11-12-2020, 04:40 PM
I'm just about ready to start my Ranger, have one more item left to buy before I can begin. But just to clarify before I do, even though the Human Ranger has a few less stat points than Wood Elf Ranger (I believe it's 555 vs 565?), the Humans stats are better optimized for the Ranger class?

I know they don't get infravision either, but you get a spell for that, and eventually a (supposedly) BiS helmet for it as well.

I'm fine going with Human to get the swaggy eyepatch and the good looking armor (especially that dragon wing helmet), just want to be sure it's the overall best race for Rangers, even if by the slimmest of margins.

Naethyn
11-12-2020, 04:57 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Naeth.png

Loadsamoney
11-12-2020, 05:06 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Naeth.png

Well, that would be a yes I assume. Although it looks like you're using a two-hander, and my Ranger is going to dual-wield for the most part.

My equipment:

Crystal Chitin Circlet
Crystal Chitin Chest
Crystal Chitin Gauntlets
Crystal Chitin Arms
Crystal Chitin Boots
Crystal Chitin Legs
Silver Chitin Wristband x2
Dire Wolf Hide Cloak
Sash of the Dragonborn
Crystal Spider Eyes
Chipped Velium Amulet
Obulus Death Shroud

Orc Fang Earring x2
Velium Fire Wedding Ring x2
Lamentation x2
Talisen, Bow of the Trailblazer

Not exactly twinked, but should be geared enough to solo with no problems. Eventually I will invest in a Tolan's Darkwood Bracer and a Fleeting Quiver. The rest of the plat I raise during my journey will all be going towards the epic.

hannahgrams
11-15-2020, 09:46 PM
sure, just remember to go Tunare.

bricke75
11-16-2020, 12:46 PM
Just don't go Wood Elf and you will be fine. Helm of the Tracker looks plain stupid on them.

Baler
11-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Just don't go Wood Elf and you will be fine. Helm of the Tracker looks plain stupid on them.

Even the female wood elf version? :confused:

theaetatus
11-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Sure, just remember to go Eyepatch / Magnum P.I.

bricke75
11-16-2020, 01:33 PM
Even the female wood elf version? :confused:

No, only the male wood elf rangers look dumb as rocks.

Crede
11-16-2020, 03:01 PM
Make a monk instead, rangers still get rocked even w/ sky cloak & earthcaller

Tunabros
11-16-2020, 03:07 PM
go female human ranger

armor in velious looks badass

Keebz
11-16-2020, 03:17 PM
From previous threads, I know you have a borderline irrational _love_ of Lamentations, but after lvl 20 or so, I suggest a Woodsman Staff or Wurmy combo.