2. Which spells are never used so don't need to buy

3. Best class to have as duo partner for Experience

axisofebola
11-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Any advice is welcome:

1. Go for 200 cha or 255 cha for charming

1. it's debatable. There are merits to both. I lean towards 200 + other stats. The more you solo/duo the more important 200+other stats will be. if you group extensively than going for more cha would be a stronger argument.

2. The entire strength defuff line, all DoT's beyond choke, 80% of the illusions. (Only really need air/water/fire ele, gnome, troll, werewolf, iksar) Just get 1 bind sight, doesn't matter which version unless you are a human/erud, who will want to get the ultravision version. All of the crafting spells (unless you want to get into crafting). Only really need invoke from the fear line, ditch rest. Curse of the simple mind, recurring amnesia.

3. Necromancer(druid is up there too but only if you are in a place the druid can utilize charm.)

Tunabros
11-09-2020, 12:59 PM
your best duo is a cleric

shamans and druids are nice but CH on charm pets is game-changing

Baler
11-09-2020, 01:12 PM
1 shoot for 205 CHA if self buffing, 200 if buffed by shaman.

2 the ones that aren't critical to leveling

3 cleric, shaman, druid, necro off the top of my head

Crede
11-09-2020, 03:33 PM

Best experience class to have as a duo partner for an Enchanter is a druid imo. The synergy between these 2 classes is pretty ridiculous, especially when charming animals which you should always be trying to do. Fear kiting is also a great option if you feel like hunting outside and having the druid take care of pulls/snares.

Cleric/shaman will win out at higher levels when trying to take down harder nameds if that's your goal, but being a cleric in an enchanter duo is pretty boring. And shaman/enchanter doesn't really come into it's own until 60 with torpor. So it really comes down to what your end goals are and what style of play your duo partner is looking for.,

tranceminus
11-09-2020, 05:23 PM
Gotta go with cleric for the ideal duo partner. Complete heal allows you to keep a single pet, and just CH it when it gets low, instead of having to constantly look for new ones. No other class can reasonably heal up their huge hp pools. Cleric also has a great quick stun to help with charm breaks, and then of course, rez for the inevitable deaths.

Allurya
11-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Very grateful for these ideas.

Thanks!

Penish
11-09-2020, 08:35 PM
1) 255, always.
2) Illusions are cool but outside mess, charm, haste, calm, rune, clarity & tash don't expect to use much else.
3) Shaman w/ torpor is endgame, 1 - 59 is cleric heaven.

kjs86z
11-10-2020, 01:33 PM
A competent necro partner charming undead is woefully underestimated here.

enjchanter
11-11-2020, 09:02 PM
Any advice is welcome:

1. Go for 200 cha or 255 cha for charming

Just go for 200 while you're leveling , you're charm is gunna break all the time till 60 anyway.

2. Buy them all. The only spell I would say skip is gift of pure thought because no one is organized enough for this to matter. I'll disagree with the guy who says not to buy the dots because asphyxiate has its uses. Buy eye of confusion, you'll be sad you didnt if you solo anything that matters.

3. Best duo is a cleric due to sheer convenience. You probably wont learn to be good in a duo but atleast its cheese mode the entire way and you wont become rich instantly because you'll be splitting plat with a leech.
Shaman partner is mostly a waste unless he plans to tank for your pet. You can already slow and his heals dont really compare to just a cleric mindlessly dump heals on you.
Necros are nice because they can do alot to support you but they are super limited.

Bondrake
11-12-2020, 09:03 AM
1. Aim for 255cha over any other stat.

2. Agree with everyone else. Buy all of them. There will be a day you will need it.

3. For everyone saying necro, they are a good duo if you have a good necro that knows how an enchanter works. Cleric works great. Also other fun and great duo's would be another enchanter or druid.

Abominog
11-12-2020, 02:31 PM
Druid, necromancer, cleric, shaman, or even a second enchanter all make strong duo partners.

I think the ultimate partner is an innoruuk worshipping cleric. With the regent symbol of innoruuk you'll be able to fear kite if you like, which is an extremely strong tactic in zones where you can charm a rogue class NPC.

Izmael
11-12-2020, 02:42 PM
1. 255, so the day you get 4x under 1-minute charm durations you will not have a doubt about 255 CHA mattering.

2. Spin the Bottle

3. Cleric is the obvious answer but don't underestimate another enchanter. I leveled enc/enc with a partner to ~55 and it was a very fun journey.

enjchanter
11-15-2020, 12:58 AM
1. 255, so the day you get 4x under 1-minute charm durations you will not have a doubt about 255 CHA mattering.

Dont let this get you down though , this will still happen with 255 charisma so the fun will be there still

yiuman
11-24-2020, 01:46 PM
1) 255 for sure - its anecdotal but I really noticed a difference with getting even a few more points of cha

2) I'd say get them all, but if you can't afford them, crowd control ones first, damage mitigation next, then your DD. Illusions you can get when you feel the need to go there (but troll is great for the regen and werewolf is great for the str). If you are going to be in a group your animation is useless, but I used it a lot while soloing.

3) Personal favourite is a cleric. A good cleric will keep you alive (and rez you when you are dead), but a great cleric will stun on a break, root for CC, can help with lull (maybe - cast +cha on them first) as well as keeping you and your pet alive. Others as mentioned are druids, shamans and necros. Fear kiting with a druid or necro is so much fun. Someone mentioned the innoruk snare - its not a great snare but better than nothing which makes inny shamans/cleric better than others.

Noren
11-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Buy eye of confusion, you'll be sad you didnt if you solo anything that matters.

I'm curious about this spell... Never used Eye of Confusion.
Any insight ?

axisofebola
11-30-2020, 03:51 PM
I'm curious about this spell... Never used Eye of Confusion.
Any insight ?

Some kind of ghetto crowd control on mobs who can't be mez'd I'd guess. The short duration means they won't run too far. Unfortunately 3 ticks is still bit long for such a tactic.

Dont let this get you down though , this will still happen with 255 charisma so the fun will be there still

instead you will be wondering if you had those extra hit points you could have allocated in your gear/stats instead you would have survived long enough to land that mez/stun.

Don't be that guy. Always expect the worst outcome and your enchanter will die much less and that starts with your gear. More hit points also allows you to bandage for more health.