PDA

View Full Version : Old Luclin Style models instead of old...

Nyden
03-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi there! I for some reason randomly now see luclin style models, and not the original...is there a way to view the original ones like I have been? Maybe by switching a file or by going in the game and doing it? I couldn't seem to find the option in game. And by the way, thanks again for getting my dark elf out of Qeynos :)

This account name is Nyden, and yes I am using SoF unfortunately. Hopefully there is a fix you know of though

Wenai
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
When you first start up the game have you tried going into the options and de-selecting all the Luclin models?

I am going to move this over to technical issues and hope someone who has used SoF can help you out.

Nyden
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
No I haven't. I'm at work right now so I can't see the game. There is an option to select to turn them on or off before the game? Which screen is this exactly?

Turbo
03-02-2010, 07:31 AM
It'll be after the SOE screens but before login, there's an option button that launches another window where you can uncheck all that bad stuff

Nyden
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah when I got home I checked into that. You would think I would have the intelligence to check for an options button in the load screen lol but apparently I put all my real life stats into stamina. I only looked in game through the UI. You guys are awesome, keep up the good work. Server is a lot of fun

xblade724
03-06-2010, 06:37 AM
what the - I turned ON luclin models and I don't see luclin models. I went back to options and everything's checked, yet nothing in game. How do I get Luclin models? =p

Aeolwind
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
We'd have to turn on Luclin. Pretty sure this is a client limitation.

Makeda
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
So we can have Luclin models or not ?

Aeolwind
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
So we can have Luclin models or not ?

No, not unless Luclin is enabled, and it never will be.

Makeda
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Okay ^^

xblade724
03-08-2010, 04:56 AM
No, not unless Luclin is enabled, and it never will be.

If this server is still up in 3 years, I'm sure minds will be changed =P

After all, end game lasts a lot longer with AA's. I wonder if you can enable AA's without actually releasing Luclin .. hm, that'd be interesting.

Makeda
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
AA sucks.

nilbog
03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
If this server is still up in 3 years, I'm sure minds will be changed =PI just came back from the future, and there was no Luclin :T

Sixpence
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
I can still select new Models. Old school NPC's are seen though.

If it's relevent, I am running SoF Client.

guineapig
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I can still select new Models. Old school NPC's are seen though.

If it's relevent, I am running SoF Client.

Yeah, new models are selected on my account as well but it won't matter. This is working as the devs have intended.

The only exception is the new elementals and mage pets versus the old blob models, you can turn those on or off.

Ferok
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
So how do I use my horse?

Lonedrahon25
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
You grab "A Broom" and mount it and begin to swat the bristles as if it was a horses behind, as well at the same time you move your left and right feet backwards in a galoping motion. It wont be an ornate bridal, but it will suffice.

Sixpence
03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry, I'm wording this incredibly badly.

I am currently running around Innothule & my Troll is the newer Luclin streamline Model (not the old fatty).
All the NPC's I am seeing are the old style.
I don't have an issue with this, but I thought it was a no go?
Must be a glitch, or i've somewhow screwed this install.

nilbog
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
No work has been put forth to limit them, or enable them here. It happened to be a side effect of turning off expansions (to disable Iksar, etc) You are using the SoF client? This might be the case.. because we do not support it.

You might run into some other issues not using Titanium.

Ferok
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
You grab "A Broom" and mount it and begin to swat the bristles as if it was a horses behind, as well at the same time you move your left and right feet backwards in a galoping motion. It wont be an ornate bridal, but it will suffice.

Okay but my holy steed button doesn't summon a broom. What now?

nilbog
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
So how do I use my horse?What I did on live. Get an amulet of necropotence. It will enable you to see the skeleton model, which can ride your horse. It also allows for insta-click off illusion, and stops the horse immediately.

Sixpence
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Nilbog, that would explain it as I am using the SoF Client.

Cheers for the clarity.