PDA

View Full Version : AA points will fix all the raid issues! Would reduce alt armys so more sharing.

Allishia
10-29-2020, 07:08 AM
It might....would help with something for lvl 60s to do too...and cut down on the overall alts and another reason people fight over pixels, most have a well geared main or two but trying to gear their 5th alt.

If everyone just had 1-2 toons to worry about, instead of trying to gear 10, would be tons more loot for everyone's main toons (my thought is no one gonna aa every class anytime soon, so would be forced to pick a toon and stick with it) /nod

And with AA, it would really separate the mains/alts. Cause very few people gonna get 100 aa on all their toons when aa are like equal to lvl 51 each. And I know a 100 AA war will tank a million x better then a 10 aa war. Just like 100 aa cleric will heal / mana regen way faster then one with run speed 3.

Less zerg guilds too cause, you could do things with less.
A 30 man force each toon 100aa gonna be way stronger then 50 w/o any aa? /nod

Thank you for reading my post, hoping to see aa in the patch notes :p

Exard3k
10-29-2020, 07:20 AM
temporarily. Just shifts the problem further into the future where you need new AA stuff, etc. etc. and we end up where Live went with AA. This eventually leads to servers like P1999 where there is no AA.

Caball
10-29-2020, 07:52 AM
Would be awesome Alli. Tho think it would attract more people back, causing even more issues. There isn’t enough content for the amount of people that play here, and judging by these forums and UN people are so hateful I doubt things ever change. People forget all too quickly what nice things others do for them and hold grudges for years, it’s all about what they can get for themselves whether it be pixels or control over eachother.

11 years is a long time to have a server running with only two expansions. Custom content would be amazing but not sure rogean/nilbog have even the slightest interest in doing that, if any interest at all left for blue server. Was fun for quite some time tho, I’d kill for AA’s or parts of Luclin to be added!

SantagarBrax
10-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Time for a Rogean / Nilbog Update on where they want this server to go? Another 4-5 years and a merge with Green doesn't seem like something anyone wants.

There's absolutely nothing I want to do on Green, let's hear a long term prognosis. There's a lot of folks here who say Rogean and Nilbog couldn't care less about this server. I want to believe this isn't the case...prove them wrong?

PL_Barton
10-29-2020, 03:21 PM
I would love to see AA's but I agree it wont solve Blue's problem of limited content.

Trexller
10-29-2020, 03:26 PM
This won't solve anything, it would in fact exacerbate existing problems.

No player on p99 nor the content requires players to be more powerful / AA buffed.

What the end game scene on p99 requires is more raid content to spread out over.

Why not take an otherwise useless npc somewhere, buff it to level 75 and combined abilities of other bosses (DT, AE, Cone AE, Silence etc), give it some cool gear and laugh when guilds die

Jibartik
10-29-2020, 03:30 PM
Why not take an otherwise useless npc somewhere, buff it to level 75 and combined abilities of other bosses (DT, AE, Cone AE, Silence etc), give it some cool gear and laugh when guilds die

"did somebody say shenanegens?"

https://i.imgur.com/bF5TdrJ.png

Danth
10-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Don't need more raids, raiding is a stupid mode of gameplay as it is. More group and solo content would be much more useful and there are more non-raiders than raiders anyway at any given moment. Veksar would be cool.

Didn't care for alt. advance, I prefer being able to ignore the experience bar. It doesn't break the game for me, but it's not a preference.

Danth

strongNpretty
10-29-2020, 04:32 PM
All this does, is creates a situation where people who need to take a break from P99 or move on from it, will just stay even longer.. Server is clearly proving to be too top heavy. The bitching on raiding has reached new highs.

You can supply all these people who have 6 level 60 alts with epics and raid gear with all the AA's they need.. But they are still gonna camp your favorite camp every day.. They're still gonna have those epic bottlenecks on lockdown.. It just creates a reason for people who need to move on, to stay even longer sucking the life out of this server.

Plus i'd hate to see the day when folks have so many AA's they just be soloing dragons...

Zyth
10-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Sorry, how does making characters more powerful promote sharing?

The same sort of people that have several level 60s now will just have several 60s with max AA after a period of time and these issues will be exactly the same as it is now.

Something that might work is to limit each real person to only having one character per server. That way when you're level 60 and get all your pixels you literally have nothing to do and move on. Doesn't sound very classic, neither does adding AA.

Smotr
10-29-2020, 05:02 PM
Totally agree, AA's would be sweet.

elkantor
10-29-2020, 07:08 PM
Alt armies is definately plaguing a 9 years old server locked in 2 expansions

but AAs would most likely not fix it anyways

Baler
10-29-2020, 07:22 PM
I've yet to see anyone put effort into coming up with classic styled AAs

Plugging luclin AAs into Velious sounds like some excellent power creep.

Psyborg
10-29-2020, 07:34 PM
Like Baler said, they would need to be classic tailored. An issue with making individual characters more powerful is that reduces the number of players required for content clearing. I don’t think that’s a good thing at face value. Maybe I could be convinced.

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 07:45 PM
Can someone explain what AA points are?

Im not familiar with it

Baler
10-29-2020, 07:47 PM
Can someone explain what AA points are?

Im not familiar with it

Alternate Advancement
You can set how much exp goes between your character's level and AA. As AA levels up you get points to spend on various passives. like run speed, better spell efficency, that kind of stuff.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:AA

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 07:52 PM
Alternate Advancement
You can set how much exp goes between your character's level and AA. As AA levels up you get points to spend on various passives. like run speed, better spell efficency, that kind of stuff.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:AA

Oh hell no

thats what made EQ weird

elkantor
10-29-2020, 08:19 PM
Oh hell no

thats what made EQ weird

that's what fixed all the casters issues in velious tho...

Rang
10-29-2020, 08:21 PM
agree w very limited set of AA. each aa should be equivalent of like the 55-60 grind in terms of time requirement and like - perhaps you can raise each stat by 10 max - so 265 max str etc. perhaps some that could add to resist cap. none of the OP manaburn type stuff tho or overly tuned dmg mitigation

Trexller
10-29-2020, 08:58 PM
agree w very limited set of AA. each aa should be equivalent of like the 55-60 grind in terms of time requirement and like - perhaps you can raise each stat by 10 max - so 265 max str etc. perhaps some that could add to resist cap. none of the OP manaburn type stuff tho or overly tuned dmg mitigation

Any AAs, if implemented would be a finite amount. Players would grind the xp, reach their AA cap and then everyone would be back to the original problem.

Like I already said, it would exacerbate the issue, with everyone being AA buffed, it would require less players per raid, pushing guilds even closer together as they can contest more targets, with less people.

Even bigger shit-show on the raid scene.

Lock Thread.

SantagarBrax
11-03-2020, 07:19 PM
All wishful thinking is pointless. I did the like the purple server idea, for what it's worth.

Can't do anything without input from Rogean / Nilbog and it looks like they aren't interested anymore.

Insomnia
11-03-2020, 08:08 PM
How about we just launch Luclin already on Blue?

Baler
11-03-2020, 08:25 PM
How about we just launch Luclin already on Blue?

Rogean and staff went through great lengths to remove luclin+ code. There is no chance they'd go back through all that spaghetti code to re-add luclin code.

Putts01
11-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Luclin is a red line they will never ever never NEVER cross. You want luclin go TAKP.:rolleyes:

Tobius
11-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Yeah it's bollocks it would make things worse the server is already top heavy and it'd just mean it'd require less no lifers to content lock out casuals.

It'd benefit the basement dwellers more than the casuals. As most decisions with the server do lol.

Trexller
11-05-2020, 05:52 PM
Any AAs, if implemented would be a finite amount. Players would grind the xp, reach their AA cap and then everyone would be back to the original problem.

Like I already said, it would exacerbate the issue, with everyone being AA buffed, it would require less players per raid, pushing guilds even closer together as they can contest more targets, with less people.

Even bigger shit-show on the raid scene.

Lock Thread.

busted
11-06-2020, 02:36 AM
+1 for Luclin

Remove bazaar merchants + scion ports to remove many complaints that Luclin kills the community.

Adding an expansion will spread out the population to much more content. This will allow lower tier casual guilds to kill end game kunark/velious mobs while the leet guilds race for Vex thal.

Additionally, AA points will give folks a reason to grind exp across various zones that isn't 100% greed-based (once you reach 60)

All in all the addition of Luclin would alleviate some of the bottlenecks we see and kick the can down the road at least another 4 or so years.

When we reach a similar bottleneck issue in 4 years, perhaps PoP is on the table? PoP is considered by most live players the last of the expansions.