PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream meal?

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 12:55 AM
This is mine

>White steam rice in a bowl
>Lambchop on a plate with A1 Sauce on the side
>Takoyak (https://uncutrecipes.com/EN-Recipes-Japanese/Takoyaki-Recipe.html)i Balls on a small plate
>Cup of grape juice
>Blazing Taiwanese Hot Pot on the side with duck blood puddings and porks (https://thegreedysquirrel.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/ding-wang-1-tw-03.jpg)

Weird combination but they taste the bomb ^^

Curious what you guys like to eat over in the states :p

Nuggie
10-26-2020, 01:22 AM
If you mean "American food" then probably home made beef stew(maybe this is a hand-me-down from Britain?) Carrots, celery, potato, large red or purple onion, radish, the diced beef(1/4 inch cubes[3cm]), the broth varies every time as I throw in what I'm feeling like when I open up the herb box, but I thicken it up with ground flour.

Option B: burgers. 80% lean or better ground beef, dice bacon and cook with diced onion to combine the flavors, lettuce leaves, mustard and ketchup.

douglas1999
10-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Slow low heat potroast in a crockpot all day, 10 hours at least, literally any big cut of beef or pork works, but a big chuck roast is the best imo. Potatoes with skin\carrots\onion, some diced chilis for heat

Oh and I love thai green curry but that's not exactly native

Baler
10-26-2020, 02:51 AM
Instant Ramen
https://i.imgur.com/qJvqPpP.png

Jimjam
10-26-2020, 02:54 AM
Milk and muffins, baby! Just a few CP to satisfy me!

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 03:31 AM
Instant Ramen
https://i.imgur.com/qJvqPpP.png

yum! i like to eat tom yum instant noodles if anyone knows what that is :D

Morton Jr
10-26-2020, 09:59 AM
dried bonito flakes

lol

FatherSioux
10-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Ribeye cooked rare with a baked potato and some greens.

Top it off with some premium vanilla with hot fudge.

HalflingSpergand
10-26-2020, 10:23 AM
Noodles with salted butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. We call it getting fucked up.

kjs86z
10-26-2020, 11:07 AM
any well prepared meat / fish and veggies honestly

Mota
10-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Shrimp and grits

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 11:18 AM
Shrimp and grits

Man grits are so good

To this day, I still have no idea how they're made

Mota
10-26-2020, 11:33 AM
Man grits are so good

To this day, I still have no idea how they're made

Milled corn. Boil it, reduce a little to thicken, add your favorite flavors because grits are hella bland.

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Milled corn. Boil it, reduce a little to thicken, add your favorite flavors because grits are hella bland.

they can be eaten sweet right?

Because i love vanilla :p

galach
10-26-2020, 11:35 AM
burrito

Fame
10-26-2020, 12:36 PM
Cold smoked ~ 6hrs King salmon belly strips sliced into 1cm thick disks pan fried til crisp on the outside served with rice

GinnasP99
10-26-2020, 01:18 PM
NY strip or ribeye of the highest quality beef I can find, cooked med rare in a cast iron skillet.
Baked russet potato with a bit of butter cheese and bacon
Side of whatever veggies, broccoli would be fine, or some mushrooms

I'm a simple guy
https://imgur.com/4PoXAfA.jpg

Cecily
10-26-2020, 01:22 PM
Think it was at Nacho Mama's I had a really good chicken quesadilla with mango chutney and I'd like very much to get that again. Or make a trip to York, PA for Robburito's, which also has amazing food and a hilarious aesthetic inside.

feniin
10-26-2020, 01:22 PM
they can be eaten sweet right?

Because i love vanilla :p

Sweet grits are an abomination.

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Sweet grits are an abomination.

welp what to use then?

feniin
10-26-2020, 02:46 PM
welp what to use then? boil 'em, add butter, salt, pepper. That's all you need.

dennardscott86
10-26-2020, 02:51 PM
A grandmas Meatloaf, Garlic, and Buttered Mashed potatoes,and or Baked Mac and cheese, Broccoli and a glass of Apple Juice (take me back to childhood) OR

Sheppards Pie!!! Ill eat a ass ton if possilble.

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 03:48 PM
boil 'em, add butter, salt, pepper. That's all you need.

hell yeah time to head to safeway

charmcitysking
10-26-2020, 04:52 PM
a bushel of steamed Chesapeake blue crabs (smothered in Old Bay of course), a case of Miller High Life and a few ears of grilled corn on the cobb.

Patriam1066
10-26-2020, 05:23 PM
NY strip or ribeye of the highest quality beef I can find, cooked med rare in a cast iron skillet.
Baked russet potato with a bit of butter cheese and bacon
Side of whatever veggies, broccoli would be fine, or some mushrooms

I'm a simple guy
https://imgur.com/4PoXAfA.jpg

This or a filet, I go with asparagus and sweet potato thoufh generally. But mushrooms are a fine choice, and medium rare is perfect, although I go grill

Foxplay
10-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Steamed dumplings... and then more steamed dumplings....an endless amount of steamed dumplings!

Morton Jr
10-26-2020, 08:32 PM
a bushel of steamed Chesapeake blue crabs (smothered in Old Bay of course), a case of Miller High Life and a few ears of grilled corn on the cobb.

A Good blue claw garlic crab stew really nails it

GinnasP99
10-26-2020, 09:29 PM

This man lives life like a champion

BlackBellamy
10-26-2020, 10:15 PM
Casu marzu.

Tunabros
10-26-2020, 10:36 PM
Casu marzu.

not sure if your joking but where do you get those :eek:

Topgunben
10-27-2020, 12:26 AM
Carl’s JR

douglas1999
10-27-2020, 12:41 AM
Oh good falafel or shawarma also. Just has to be good, and warm. God damn.

Tunabros
10-27-2020, 12:54 AM
Oh good falafel or shawarma also. Just has to be good, and warm. God damn.

FUCk those taste so good

Topgunben
10-27-2020, 01:57 AM
Back when I was poor, I used to dream about the day when I could just go buy beef jerky or get a sit down meal without feeling completely broke.

The day I really felt I made it was when I got a job paying $90,000 a year and could go out to eat Beef Teryaki whenever I felt like it. I went there every day for 2 weeks just because I could.

Now I have become accustomed to eating out, more so than I should. Of all my travels I’ve found that a good BBQ joint suits me the best. If I need something quick, Carls Jr is the best, and McDonalds always taste like garbage.

There’s a BBQ restaurant in Vancouver WA named Goldy’s. For the money, it’s the best BBQ joint in the area. Thank God I don’t live right next to it or I would be an official fat A.

Lojik
10-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Depends on the day!

It might be feijoada with plenty of farofa and molho de pimenta

It might be mulligatawny with some heavy cream and fresh baked bread

It might be buffalo wings with bleu cheese as a starter and a gourmet burger

It might be shrimp cocktail as a starter with lobster and ribeye and a baked potato

It might be home made french onion soup to start with steak au poivre and roasted potatoes

It might be seaweed salad to start and roasted red duck curry with rice

It might be fra diavolo seafood pasta

...I should probably stop there

Tunabros
10-28-2020, 02:34 AM
Depends on the day!

It might be feijoada with plenty of farofa and molho de pimenta

It might be mulligatawny with some heavy cream and fresh baked bread

It might be buffalo wings with bleu cheese as a starter and a gourmet burger

It might be shrimp cocktail as a starter with lobster and ribeye and a baked potato

It might be home made french onion soup to start with steak au poivre and roasted potatoes

It might be seaweed salad to start and roasted red duck curry with rice

It might be fra diavolo seafood pasta

...I should probably stop there

I just like grape juice whenever

screw alchohol

Fammaden
10-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Knowing that you are a Marylander who's living on the other side of the Atlantic, this post is the only one that actually constitutes a "dream meal", since he can't get it, only dream of it.

OP's might count if some of those things he can't get at home, but I'd reckon any US urban area you probably can. Seemed like more of an excuse to talk about his goofy Nipponophile obsessions.

BarnabusCollins
10-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Fav dream meal: a 20 oz Redbull and a bowl or 3 of high quality Marijuana.

charmcitysking
10-28-2020, 09:13 AM
Knowing that you are a Marylander who's living on the other side of the Atlantic, this post is the only one that actually constitutes a "dream meal", since he can't get it, only dream of it.

Thanks - and yeah, Covid has broken my heart this year.. Not because I can't go back and see my sister, or my friends (I love them of course) .. but because I can't get down to Jimmy's on Holabird Avenue for a feast :(

Special mention to Faidley's in Lex market for the best crab-cake you'll find anywhere!

Tunabros
10-28-2020, 12:15 PM
Thanks - and yeah, Covid has broken my heart this year.. Not because I can't go back and see my sister, or my friends (I love them of course) .. but because I can't get down to Jimmy's on Holabird Avenue for a feast :(

Special mention to Faidley's in Lex market for the best crab-cake you'll find anywhere!

I'm stuck in the states because of covid lol

at least I get try out American food :p

Izmael
10-28-2020, 01:35 PM
Gnome kabobs are hard to beat.