PDA

View Full Version : Sony warns of almost 25 million extra user detail theft

redghosthunter
05-15-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13256817

Ouch... 25 Million people exposed? I'm glad I wiped Credit Card info before the Intrusion... Those Game Cards just made sense to me, and now i know why...

naez
05-15-2011, 01:49 PM
I may be confused but I read that their main credit card DB wasn't compromised, and the one that was held like mostly foreign accounts but didn't have the CC security code thing. And also Sony is giving all subscribers free signups to some identity theft firm.

Daywolf
05-15-2011, 03:59 PM
They don't need it, just spoof your identity and open a line of credit someplace. Protection for 1 year, but they have your identity indefinitely. How them lawsuits goin? ;)

For active subscribers, is having your identity stolen worth 6 weeks of game time?

Seeatee
05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
yea, this info seems old / outdated / incorrect

Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.

taken from http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

naez
05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
still waiting for the torrent leak

what will i ever do to protect my ident now that the internets has my names (that over 9000 other ppl have same) and hashed pw

edit:

OH but everyone got 45 free days, even inactive accounts.... so I'm gonna hop on zek see whats poppin. patch eta 4h20m

Daywolf
05-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah apparently they credited everyone's account rather than just active subs. Wonder if it'll bring their patch servers to their knees hehe

naez
05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
nothing poppin. 20 ppl in guildlobby.

Daywolf
05-15-2011, 09:14 PM
nothing poppin. 20 ppl in guildlobby.
Nope, same glitchy garbage I remember... at least for planetside. Now I gotta reboot, maybe even do a restore :( ...just for an hour of shear yawns on a virtually empty server (last remaining) with invincible stealth aircraft all around. :P
Wont PS Next be WONDERFUL?!?
(more of the same crap no less) meh

redghosthunter
05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
still waiting for the torrent leak

what will i ever do to protect my ident now that the internets has my names (that over 9000 other ppl have same) and hashed pw

edit:

OH but everyone got 45 free days, even inactive accounts.... so I'm gonna hop on zek see whats poppin. patch eta 4h20m

Last time SOE gave free play servers were packed

What guild ya in on Zek?

naez
05-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Last time SOE gave free play servers were packed

What guild ya in on Zek?

I had to re-roll because Sony straight deleted my bard a few years back.

http://imageshack.us/m/695/5562/level1time.jpg

My legal team is trying to get Chadlek and Naezbutt unbanned as we speak. Damn you last 4 digits of a 10 year old long-lost credit card!!